Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ Davis' discovery. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
TK and Pegasusmon had been riding for a while, and along they way, they ran into a pack of wolves that seemed very hungry. So TK was forced to do battle, at least he was able to hop off Pegasusmon so that he could help fight too.
 
TK however had a bad time fighting due to the fact that he had never lifted a sword before. “Man… this thing's even heavier than this armor!” he groaned, but at least he and Pegasusmon were able to fend off the wolves and then continue on their quest.
 
Eventually they made it out of the dreary forest. “TK… we have to stop somewhere.” Pegasusmon panted, “May I remind you that you're not the only one wearing armor.”
 
TK realized he was right, at least he had gotten used to his own armor and he was able to walk pretty well with it now. “Hey… look up ahead.” he said. “Do you see what I see?”
 
“I see it…” said Pegasusmon. “And I think I believe it.”
 
The path led on to a village up ahead. A poor, and dilapidated looking village, but it did seem to have a populace. There was also a huge castle on further beyond the village. “Let's check this place out.” TK suggested, and he and Pegususmon ventured forward.
 
Meanwhile
 
School was out for the day and it was time for another book-club meeting. Davis and Veemon met up with Yolei and Ken, and still nobody had a clue of where Kari and TK were.
 
“I have a clue though.” Davis said. “I spoke with the principal today and see if I could look at the security tapes from the last few days.”
 
They all walked into the library and Davis showed them a room in the back, but the door was locked. “The video showed that they went into this room, and that they never came out again.”
 
The others couldn't understand how they could've gotten into that room. “Did anyone look inside?” asked Ken. “Maybe they're still in there.”
 
Davis shook his head. “No, they're not. The principal told me that people have searched this room and found it empty, and there's no other way in or out except through this door.”
 
Ken and Yolei weren't sure what to believe. “If Kari and TK walked into that room, they why wouldn't they come out, and then not be in there at all?” asked Yolei.
 
She and Ken walked off to go search the tapes themselves, but Davis and Veemon stayed behind and noticed the two volunteers walk off into the backroom and leave a set of keys on the desk. “Davish… what are you thinking?” asked Veemon.
 
Davis clenched his fists, “Veemon… I have to get to the bottom of this.” he said, “I got to find out what happened to Kari… and yeah TK too!”
 
So while no one was watching, he grabbed the keys from the desk and tried some of them on the locked door. He managed to open it, but inside the room there wasn't that much to look at it. Just a few crates, some old chairs and… “Hey… what'sh thish?” Veemon asked about the curious white object near him.
 
Davis picked it up, “It looks like just a plain ordinary book.” he said. He opened it up to try and see what it was about, but no sooner had he opened it did a bright flash of light flare around him and Veemon, and suck them into the book.
 
The two volunteers returned from the backroom to realize their private room had been broken into and that someone had recently entered their magic book. “We will have to be more careful with our keys.” One of them said. “We cannot have people discovering our secret.”
 
His comrade agreed.
 
Meanwhile
 
“Davis… Davis… are you okay?”
 
Davis awoke to the sound of Ex-Veemon's voice, and saw that it was indeed Ex-Veemon starring down at him. “Davis, you alright?”
 
Davis shook his head awake. “Man, where am I? And what in the world am I wearing?” he asked as he got up and looked at his reflection upon the lake that lie before him, and saw that his clothing had changed completely.
 
He was wearing a blue tunic, brown boots, white leggings and sleeves over long brown fingerless gloves. A red cape on his back, and even his ears went all pointed like an elf. “I don't know what this is… but you look cool in that.” Ex-Veemon said.
 
Davis smiled, “Gee, thanks.”
 
He and Ex-Veemon looked around and realized they were a quiet lakeside near a set of tall mountains. “Whoa…” Davis exclaimed, “I think maybe the first thing we should do is get over these mountains?”
 
Ex-Veemon thought why not, “Hop on then…!”
 
Davis climbed on his back and the two were off towards the top, where upon their arrival they stopped and got a good view of the entire world around them. Davis almost wished Kari was there to see it with him. “Where could she be? And TK too…”
 
Ex-Veemon hadn't a clue, then suddenly, “Look…” he said as he pointed down towards the edge of a forest. “I think I see some kind of village down there.”
 
Davis saw it too, “Good going. Let's get down there and check it out.”
 
As they got closer, they began to realize that it was one of those primitive-tribe villages inhabited by Indians. One of them saw Davis and Ex-Veemon touchdown just outside her village and she screamed, and ran for help. “No, no, wait…!” Davis called, “I just want to--” but the next thing he knew, he had a whole gaggle of Indians charging at him with spears and bows and arrows yelling. “Monster!”
 
“Thief…!”
 
Davis dashed back to Ex-Veemon, “I don't think we're welcome here!”
 
Ex-Veemon agreed, and they began to take back off into the sky. The villagers cheered for joy, but suddenly were surrounded a pack of wolves from the forest, and cougars from the mountains, and as the village was primitive their weapons were not strong enough to take on that many savage beasts at once.
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon saw the whole thing however, and as much as they knew they couldn't trust the villagers, they just couldn't let them get hurt like that. So they swooped back down to the ground, “VEE-LASER!” The force of Ex-Veemon's attack caught the beasts' attention. “Hey you overgrown mongrels. Pick on someone your own size!” Davis growled at them.
 
This angered the beasts, and they all moved in to attack Ex-Veemon with Davis on hi back. Ex-Veemon continued to fire his, “VEE-LASER!” and the wolves and cougars were instantly killed, this amazed the villagers greatly.
 
Suddenly, Ex-Veemon wasn't able to see all around him and the beasts knocked into him causing Davis to fall off his back. “Ah! Ow! Oh, Man!” Davis cried as he rubbed his shoulder, but then he realized that he was surrounded in a ring of cougars and wolves. “Uh, Ex-Veemon…!” he called. “I could use a little help here!”
 
“Speak for yourself…” said Ex-Veemon as he continued to battle with the pack of beasts that were attacking him. Meaning Davis was on his own. His features suddenly hardened as he stood up proudly, “If there's no way out… then I guess I'll just have to fight for it.”
 
The wolves growled at him with their teeth shinning in their drool, and Davis growled back at them. The cougars hissed, and Davis glared at them angrily. Then as the beasts lunged for him, Davis began to charge for them as well roaring like tiger and aiming his fists ready to punch… and then suddenly… WHAMM! He shot out a pair of fireballs that hit two of the wolves and killed them.
 
“Huh…?” Davis gasped all confused. He looked down at his hands, “Hey, how did I do that?” His though wave was interrupted by the rest of the wolves and cougars lunging at him, Davis bravely braced for impact, and… POW! The beasts bounced right off of him as if they had hit some sort of magical barrier. Even Ex-Veemon was confused. “Davis… where'd you learn powers like that?” he asked.
 
Davis looked and checked his body over, “I don't know…” he said, and then he smirked. “But who cares…?” He cracked his knuckles and then went on to continue his battle, killing more of the wolves and cougars alongside Ex-Veemon, and the rest were all sacred away.
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon slapped each other a high-five, but then the villagers began to approach them again. “Uh oh… I think the welcome wagon's come back for an encore.” Davis said.
 
However, the Indians got down on their knees and bowed before the two. Davis and Ex-Veemon were confused but Davis judged it as, “Well… it's a start.”