Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ Enter if you dare! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon finally found the poor, hungry city the Indians had referred him to; “Follow path to miserable city… there you find dark castle, where princess of destiny awaits.” And now they were touching down just at the foot of the castle walls. “Kari and TK are in here…?” Davis asked. “How do we get in?”
 
Ex-Veemon tapped on the wall, “This rock must be several layers thick.” he said, “I don't think my laser can cut through this.”
 
Davis tried blasting the rock, but even his powers did nothing. “There's got to be a way in somehow.” And just then, the secret door on the wall opened wide. “Well… there's out ticket in.” said Ex-Veemon.
 
Davis looked down inside the dark castle. “Man… this is almost like on my video-games.” he said as he climbed in with Ex-Veemon behind him. Once they were both in, the door snapped shut, and torches magically room lit up.
 
“Well… I guess there's no turning back now.” said Ex-Veemon. “Now what do we do?”
 
“That's easy; go find Kari and TK.” answered Davis, only he really didn't know which way to go, or what path to take. The castle was so big, “They could be anywhere.”
 
Davis tried the first door he saw, and a soon as he opened it, SPLUT… something slimy and green hit him right in the face. “Aw… yuck!” he groaned as he wiped his face clean with his cape.
 
Ex-Veemon held in a small laugh, but quickly lost the attitude when Davis gave him a look! “Maybe I should try a door…” Ex-Veemon suggested, and he chose a door that was right next to him, “This might lead us out of here…” but when he opened the door “Hey… wh-wh-WHOA…AAAH!” a strong gust of wind had thrown him back against the wall. “UGH…! Or maybe not…”
 
They immediately began to think that whoever was behind all this craziness had set up so many challenges to discourage anyone from wanting to enter. “Well… whoever it is, they're not going to scare me away.” Davis said proudly. “We just have to keep trying.”
 
“Yeah…!” added Ex-Veemon.
 
The boys kept trying more doors. So many false entrances, so many unexpected surprises, but they just kept going. Until finally… Davis opened a door and found another passage leading to another level of the castle. “Hey… Ex-Veemon, over here…”
 
The boys walked through and out of the door maze, and suddenly, “Davis, look up there.”
 
Davis looked up and saw a familiar girl wearing a blue gown dashing across the upper-floor. “Kari…! Hey, Kari…!”
 
Kari stopped and looked down, “Davis…!”
 
Ex-Veemon flew Davis up to her level, and Kari actually hugged Davis tight. Davis almost completely lost all other feelings in him, as Kari never hugged him before. He hugged her back, “Kari, are you okay?” he asked. “Where's TK…?”
 
Kari explained what was going on, how she was a princess and being forced into an unwanted marriage that would bring the whole kingdom noting but years of torture and fear. “Man, talk about a major bummer.” said Davis.
 
“So what do we do to get out of here?” asked Ex-Veemon.
 
“We'll worry about that later…” replied Davis, “First we got to find TK and the others.”
 
Kari was surprised to hear Davis say that. Usually he would do almost anything to get at least one minute alone with her, but here he was thinking about others instead of just himself… “Just like he did… before, at other times. she thought to herself referring to all the times Davis preferred to risk his life to save everyone not caring at all if he was outmatched.
 
“Uh… Kari…” Davis called to her, “Sorry to wake you up, but can you please tell us where TK is already?”
 
Kari snapped out of her chain of thoughts, “This way…” she answered while leading the boys down the hallway, “…And be careful! The guards are still looking for me.”
 
She led them down one hallway after another, but Davis was starting to wonder if Kari even knew where she was going at all, but someone did… and that someone was that Baron…
 
He was watching them through his crystal ball in his throne room. “So, it seems we have another intruder on our hands.” he muttered to himself. “Well… perhaps it's time that I joined the hunt. Hmm, mm, mm…” and he ran off to join his minions in the manhunt.
 
 
Kari was still leading the boys deeper into the castle, and she wasn't able to run very fast because of her dress slowing her down. “How are people supposed to run in these things?” she wondered.
 
“I don't know…but you sure look pretty in that.” Davis said, but Kari took it the wrong way by saying, “Oh what… you don't like the way I usually dress?”
 
Davis felt like he had come face to face with a cobra. “What are you talking about? I was just trying to compliment you.”
 
“So what… you've always tried to compliment me just to impress me, and--” Kari suddenly gasped, but as Davis tried to protest Kari quickly spun him around to see that a huge executioner, in a black-mask and armed with a huge mace, lunged for them. “Look out!” Davis cried as he shoved Kari out of the way.
 
The executioner growled angrily and continued to swing his mace all over the place with such brute force that he chipped the very walls. “Kari, stay behind me.” Davis said, and he began to fire his energy shots at the executioner, much to Kari's amazement that he had powers in this story.
 
However, the executioner was unlike anything they had faced so far, and he used his mace to deflect the attacks away from him. Dais kept trying, but the executioner wouldn't stand down. “Man, what is wrong with these powers?” Davis yelled at his fists. He believed hard in wanting to save the others just like he was told, but still it wasn't enough.
 
The execution had had his fill of all this, but just as he began to charge for him and Kari Ex-Veemon swooped in and grabbed him, and struggled to keep him in his grip. “Run, guys… run!” he cried.
 
“But Ex-Veemon--” cried Davis.
 
“Don't talk… RUN!!”
 
Kari and Davis then headed for a nearby door just as the executioner broke free, and guards began to rush in from all corners. Ex-Veemon fought off bravely, but in the end he was just no match for that many foes at once.
 
Worse than that, Kari and Davis managed to avoid the guards, but as the turned another corner, Kari was grabbed by the Baron. She screamed.
 
“Kari!” Davis cried.
 
“Stand back boy!” the angry Baron growled, “The story is finished.”
 
“You let her go right now before I--” and before he could finish his sentence, Davis got caught by more of the guards. “Davis, No!” cried Kari.
 
“Going down…” the Baron hissed, and he snapped his fingers, opening a trap-door in the floor. The guards tossed Davis inside. Davis slide down a massive slide, and ended up trapped in a dungeon below. “Oh no… I must be further away than ever now.” he groaned.
 
The door was unlocked, and there were no guards nearby, but Davis wasn't sure if escaping was the right thing to do. Both Ex-Veemon and Kari had been captured, which meant that he was now completely alone to face the more powerful monsters that lay ahead of him, but how could he face such nightmares if he still didn't understand how his own power worked.
 
Still, keeping in mind that he was told to be the only one who could save everyone, and help escape from the book. This was no time to back down.