Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ Dangers and Dragons ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
TK and Pegasusmon finally reached the castle, but they couldn't seem to find anyway in. No drawbridge, no gate… absolutely nothing… but they could hear a voice calling “TK…!”
 
 
“Did you hear something?” TK asked.
 
Pegasusmon nodded, “It sounds like, someone called from way up there.” He said motioning to the top of the tallest tower. “Wait… TK look!”
 
“TK…! Pegasusmon…!” There was Kari waving her tulle-scarf down at them. “Hey… up here!”
 
“Kari!” called TK.
 
Kari was delighted to see them both, but suddenly she was grabbed by the Barron's guards and dragged into the castle. “Kari…!” TK shouted. He quickly hopped off of Pegasusmon, “Quick go up there!”
 
“Right…!” and Pegasusmon flew up to the tower and was about ready to get at the guards when suddenly, “CELESTIAL ARROW!” Angewomon appeared from over the walls and shot at him causing him to fall inside where the evil Barron had him hauled away. “Heh, heh, heh… quite the catch of the day.” he snickered. “Make sure the Princess is brought to me… and the knight too.”
 
All his minions nodded and headed off.
 
TK couldn't believe that Angewomon did that, but before he could question her, some magical force was pulling her back inside the castle against her will. He immediately realized that this was the work of that evil Barron, and he had to be stopped. “If I can find a way in…” TK said to himself.
 
Just then, the wall he was standing next to began to rumble and shift aside revealing a secret entrance. TK was amazed at how it all was happening so fast, but it was pretty dark inside the castle, he could barely see a thing. He pulled his sword out, and gulped hard. “Here goes…” he said trying to be brave as he wandered inside.
 
A few steps in and torches began to light up illuminating the darkness, but that's when TK heard a scrapping sound and when he looked round, “Hey, they door!” it had snapped shut tight and he was locked inside. “Swell… what next?” He got his answer when he could hear the sound of footsteps heading his way, and many guards began to pop up from every corner, “I had to ask!”
 
A great battle had commenced, and TK was barley able to defend himself. He did manage to knock several of the guards out, but there were just too many for him to handle alone, and so he ran for it.
 
After the guards ran off in search for him TK had no clue of where he was going. How was he supposed to find Kari, Pegasusmon… or anyone in such a huge castle?
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon, after being guided by the Indians as where to go, they had been soaring through the skies for a while now. “I can't see any castle anywhere.” Ex-Veemon said. “You see anything Davis…?”
 
Davis shook his head, “Nothing… just forests, and fields… but no castle.” Then suddenly, he caught a glimpse of something heading straight towards them. “Ah... Uh…but I do see something new.”
 
“What… is it the castle?” asked Ex-Veemon.
 
Davis shook his head, “No… I don't think it's a castle… because castles aren't green, they don't have wings and they defiantly don't breathe fire!”
 
Ex-Veemon looked down and saw a huge green and scaly creature soaring right for them growling and breathing fire. “DRAGON…!”
 
He dodged the Dragon's fiery breath just as it came at them. The end of Davis' cape steamed a little, but wasn't damaged, “Dude! That was too close!”
 
“Look!” cried Ex-Veemon, “It's coming round again!”
 
This Dragon was obviously looking for a fight and wasn't willing to give up until one side was defeated. “Davis… quick…! Drive it away with your powers.”
 
Davis tried, but this time, nothing happened. “Davis… what's wrong?”
 
Davis kept trying, but still nothing happened, “I don't know!” he cried, “How do I use those powers again?”
 
Ex-Veemon's eyes widened, “You don't remember how?”
 
Before Davis could answer, the Dragon attacked again, shooting out dozens of fireballs instead of one giant flare; Ex-Veemon flipped, spun around, and side-stepped, anything at all to dodge those fireballs. “You may not be able to use your powers… but I can still use mine.” he said, “VEE-LASER…!”
 
The energy hit the Dragon's chest full force, but didn't even leave a mark against those brass-like scales, and only made it angrier. “Uh-oh…! Not strong enough!”
 
Steam shot out from the Dragon's nose and it charged in for another attack, but instead of breathing fire, or anything, it whammed right into Ex-Veemon causing Davis to fall off his back. “DAVIS…!”
 
“EX-VEEMON…!” Davis cried as he plummeted to the ground below.
 
Ex-Veemon swooped down and caught Davis safely, but the Dragon was closing in on them, and Ex-Veemon hadn't any ideas left. Davis however was thinking deeply of what could've happened dif he had hit rock bottom. He'd die, and then he'd never be able to find TK and Kari and get them out from this world.
 
The Dragon then breathed his most powerful flare ever…
 
Davis looked up with his eyes full of fire. “I have to save them… I have to save Kari especially!” Davis roared as loud as the Dragon did, thrust his arms forward and POW...! He shot a huge burst of energy that not only negated the flames of the Dragon's breath, but actually pierced right through it and struck the Dragon in the chest and shot out through its back.
 
The Dragon cried in pain as it fell back-faced down to the ground and exploded in a ball of fire much to Ex-Veemon's amazement. “Davis… how did you do that?”
 
Davis wasn't sure, “I was thinking about how much I want to save Kari and TK that… it just happened.” He also realized that he was thinking about the exact same thing when he beat the wolves and cougars.
 
“That's what that chief-dude meant.” replied Davis. “My powers are somehow strengthened by my heart and courage.”
 
He then tried it out on some of the clouds; thinking about how much he wanted to save the others, and sure enough he shot out energy blasts that evaporated the clouds into nothing. “All right…!”
 
“Good job Davis…” said Ex-Veemon. “We might just be able to get the others and find our way out of here yet.”
 
Davis nodded, and then the two of them set back off in search for the castle they were looking for… unaware of what was already going on…
 
 
TK had been wandering around the castle for a long while, and by this point he was cornered, and captured by the guards and brought before the evil Barron in his throne-room where Pegasusmon was chained and shackled to a strong wall. Angewomon was scrubbing the filthy floors, and Kari was tied by her hands to the Barron's throne. “TK…!” she cried.
 
The Barron approached him and lifted his head, “Welcome to my castle.” he said while grinning wickedly. “It isn't very often that I have guests since the people know better than to challenge me. Ha, ah, ah, ah…”
 
TK struggled in the guard's grips. “Look… I don't know who you are, or what's going on here, but Kari and I have done nothing to you, and neither have our Digimon. So you better let us go!”
 
The Barron laughed, “Let you go? Never…” he said, “Not when I am only a short time away from marrying the princess and gaining complete control over the entire Kingdom.”
 
While he continued to speak to TK, Kari began t feel her ropes growing loose. She carefully struggled so as not to be scene, and soon the ropes snapped and she began to run off. “Guards… Seize the girl!” the Barron ordered, but Kari managed to escape into the castle.
 
The Barron knew however she wouldn't go far and leave her friends behind. Also, the Barron decided to unleash a few of his secret weapons against Kari to bring her back. “Hmm, mm, mm… careful Princess.”