Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Start ❯ Over You (Time To Move On) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Digimon don't belong to me. Never have, and never will............ The lyrics used here belong to Brittney Spears, although I didn't have them down exactly.

Author's Notes: This is the companion piece to 'Heartfelt Apology'. I do recommend that both be read for the full affect. I've read a couple of stories about Daisuke's point of view of T.K. and Hikari's relationship, so I've decided to write one of my own. Obviously from the title, this is about Daisuke getting over Hikari and finally moving on with his love life. With who? Well, you'll just have to see! Although, here's a biggggg hint: yaoi warnings!

Over You (Time To Move On)
By: Jade Daniels

From the moment I saw you, my heart stopped. For a long time afterwards, I couldn't get it to work right when I was around you. Although, you never knew that, did you? Every time it seemed as if I had moved ahead with you, the wall between us became a little higher. I had a name for that wall: T.K. Takashi. He was my rival for your affections, with me on the losing side. I never hated him though. In the strangest sense, he's still one of the best friends I've ever had. I envied him only one thing: his having captured your heart. I knew it to be true, even if you hadn't at the time. I do wish that you and I had known each other as long as you had known him........ Maybe, maybe then, I could've been something more than a friend.

I think I tried too hard, whereas T.K. really had to do nothing to win your affections. He always just stood close to you, only as your friend, pretending he didn't know why I insulted him all the time. I probably used up every letter in the alphabet before finally letting his correct name pass my lips. He asked me once, how I really thought of him, if I really did hate him. It was tempting to tell him just how much his friendship, his closeness with you hurt me, angered me..... made me want to hate him. But I couldn't, because in the end, I had to admit that he really was my friend.

It took me a long time to realize how you two felt about each other. Many nights were spent with me throwing darts at T.K.'s picture and violent dreams with him beaten by my hand. But I should've known long before; after all, how could I compete with two people who even had Digimon that were made for each other? I mean, Angemon and Angewomon? I really had been surprised then that there hadn't been an Angebabymon yet......... It was just more proof of how I knew that you two were for each other, but hadn't realized it yet.

You're still in my heart, though now only as a friend. I'm over you now. It's not as much of a declaration as it could be, but it'll do. As someone once said in a song, 'You were my first love. I never knew love, until there was you." I'll never forget how I felt when I was around you, how I knew that I loved you. It's because of that feeling that I've found someone who loves me, and whom I do love. Now I know why that I never had a chance with you, Kari Kamiya.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Daisuke Motomiya looked at the neat piece of paper, now scrawled with his almost illegible handwriting. He had written all the words that he had wanted to; all the words that had been hiding long in his heart. They had needed to be said, if not from his lips, at least by his hands. Tonight he would give this letter to her and hope that all misunderstandings could finally be put aside.

"Daisuke?" The holder of the Digi-egg of Courage turned around to see his lover standing at the doorway of his bedroom. "You ready to go yet?"

Daisuke nodded, folding the letter and putting it into his pocket. He grabbed his jacket from the bed and put it on before taking his lover's hand. He smiled, feeling the warmth flowing between their hands, knowing that this was a just one of the many moments that were yet to come in their lives. His lover looked at him and though always glad when Daisuke smiled, curious as to what had brought it on.

"What are you thinking about?"

Daisuke kissed his lover on the cheek before whispering in his ear, "You, Ken. And how much I love you."