Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Adventure ❯ The First Signs ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crest: Its my 1 year party and I'll cry if I want to you would cry to if this happened to you!
Ken: Isn't she done celebrating yet?
Kari: I'm about ready to kick her in the arse and make her shut UP!
Crest: Ah but Kari why would you wana do that aren't I your bestest friend! *Hugs Kari*
Kari: Get the heck off me, Kami-sama don't you have a life other then bugging the heck out of me!
Crest: *Cries* But my other friends don't like me because of you! When ever they come over you try and bite their hands off!!
Kari: That's because their as brain dead as you!
Crest: You know you don't have to stay and be my muse you know I'm NOT forcing you!
Kari: Fine I'll Leave! *Gets up to the door and stands there*
Ken: whats the matter?
Kari: *Grumbles* I don't have anywhere to go so I'm stuck with the half wit and Genius oh what a life I lead.
Crest: *Gives victory sign* I don't own Digimon Satan- I mean Saban and Toei do. ^_^ Its my 1 year party and I cry-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ken leaned back onto the cool green grass of the Digital Forest. It had been a whole year since Malomyotismon had been defeated and he was happy that everything was at peace now.

Wormmon crawled up onto Kens stomach and laid down. The others where still at the school in the computer lab doing a school project so Ken decided he would relax and let his mind rest.

Of coarse since the Dark Spore was dormant know he had to work twice as hard at school to keep his parents proud of him.

Ken was sure that if he didn't do good in school his parents would still love him, but Ken didn't want to take that chance he remembered how it was when he was himself and had normal grades. His parents never paid attention to him. Then again that was when Sam was still alive.

Ken sighed he sure did miss his brother, but no longer hated his brother like he use too.

Ken was taken out of his thoughts when he heard the other voices from the TV set.

"Davis give me the paint back I need it!" Yolei hollered as she leaned over to get the paint from her friend.

"But Yolei I need it to paint the dragon." Davis replied as he held the paint out of reach.

"Davis I had it first and I need the paint so hand it over!"

"All right here sheesh have a cow why don't ya." He said as he threw her they paint and it splattered all over her dress.

"Erg! You jerk why did you do that! Now I have to go home and change!"

"Well you said hand you the paint you didn't say how to hand it to you!"

Ken smiled those where his friends. 'I wonder if those two will ever get along?' He thought to himself.

Wormmon looked at Ken he was glad that Ken had finally forgiving himself for all that he did and was back to his old self well not completely but hey he was getting there.

The bluenette winced as he felt something prickle in the back of his neck.

The caterpillar digimon noticed this and looked at his partner. "Ken-chan are you all right?"

"Yes I'm fine my neck just started to hurt that's all, maybe we should head back to the real world before Yolei and Davis ruin the computer lab with their paint war." Ken chuckled as he got up and grabbed the virus Digimon and headed back towards the TV set.

~*~*~*~*~*

Ken re-entered the Computer Lab to find that his 2 friends that came with him to school covered in yellow green and purple paint.

Ken laughed at the site; The two of them where behind chairs and tables sorta like a fortress and they had paint all over the place they looked like they had been tie dyed.

When the two heard Ken laugh they smiled evilly and nodded towards each other and threw paint at him. Wormmon jumped out of the way and headed over to Poromon and Demiveemon, who were hiding underneath the teachers desk watching,

"Hey that's no fair I wasn't ready." Ken pouted as he tried to wipe the sticky red and pink paint off of him.

"Alls fair in love and war Kenny-boy." Yolei said as she threw more paint at him.

Ken froze at the mention of that name.


*Flash back*

"Hey Kenny-boy." Sam said as he entered the apartment of the Ichijouji's.

"Hiya Sam." Ken said happily.

*End Flashback*


"Hey Ken man you all right?" Davis asked waving his hands in front of his face.

"Yes just remembering something that's all." The bluenette said smiling then he felt the prickling in his neck again this time it hut a lot more then it did the last time.

Davis smiled. "Yeah he was remembering how much he wuvs you Yolei." Davis said laughing.

Yolei smacked Davis upside the head. "What was that for!"

"Your such a nimrod Davis." Yolei sighed and shook her head.

"Come on lets go back to my house. Yolei you can stay for dinner if you want I don't mind." Ken said as Wormmon and the other 2 digimon walked out of their hiding place. (A/N: For those of you who didn't know they are in Tamachi. Ken still lives there he didn't move like he does in my fics. Okay that's good, read on ^_^)

"Sure I would love to Ken!" Yolei said as Poromon flew into Yolei's arms.

"We better get going or my moms going to start worrying about us." Ken said as him and his friends left the Tamachi school and headed towards his apartment. All the way there Kens neck hurt him and it was starting to bother him because he didn't know why.

"So Ken do you think you'll still be able to win against me tomorrow at the soccer game?" Davis asked as he took his shoes off and Yolei, Ken, and him walked into Kens house.

"Hey just because I had help last time doesn't mean that I still cant beat you." Ken said as he walked into his room.

"How about we bet. Winner makes loser do their homework for a week." Davis said as he set Demiveemon down on Kens floor.

"I dont think that's a fair bet there Davis. I mean you aren't the greatest at doing homework. So if Ken won it wouldn't be fair to him." Yolei said told her reddish brown haired friend.

"Okay how about I win Ken does my homework for a week. If I lose I will wear a dress for a week." The gogglehead suggested as he put his hand out.

Ken thought about it and took Davis' hand and shook it. "Deal!"

Yolei giggled. "Oh man is Kari going to have fun with the pictures of Davis as a girl."

"Hey Don't I get any support?" Davis pouted as Demiveemon pulled on his pant leg.

"I support ya Davis!" The blue digimon said all cute.

"Thanks buddy! Glad to know someone is on my side."

~*~*~*~*~*

Ken groaned and turned in his sleep, he wasn't having a very good dream.

~Kens Dream~

Ken was walking down the street he was about 8 years old. His mom had accidentally left him at the park when she was talking to one of her lady friends. And now Ken was lost.

He knew his parents had left him before but it wasn't as far away as the park. And it wasn't at 7:00 at night either.

He walked down the road towards the intersection, where the bus from Odiaba always dropped people off , he gulped when he thought he heard someone behind him.

"S-am? Is that you?" The little boy turned around and saw a shadow in the darkness of the side walk. "Sam?" Ken said as he walked forward alittle and suddenly something grabbed him from behind. by his neck.

"Your mine now Ichijouji and not even your brother or worm can save you." A white pale face appeared in the light and smiled as he held the little boy in his grasp.

~ End Dream~

Ken jolted up in bed gasping for air, he looked around and noticed he wasn't on any sidewalk he wasn't outside; he was just in his room safe and sound.

Looking down and seeing that he hadn't woken Wormmon up he sighed, and looked down at the floor and saw Davis still asleep too with drool going down the side off his face.

Relief came to his face knowing that he was safe, and that he hadn't woken anyone up, he leaned back down on his bed catching his breath.

' That dream seemed so real. I don't remember my parents ever leaving me like that? But then again I don't remember much about my childhood. But-man my neck hurts'

Getting down from his bed and quietly walked to the bathroom Ken swear he saw something out of the corner of his eye, but when he looked it was gone. 'Come on Ken you just had a nightmare stop freaking out!' The blunette scolded himself.

He walked into the bathroom ignoring the stupid toilet sign on the door and flipped the light on.

He walked over to the sink and turned the water on; Grabbing a towel he wiped his face with water.

The 13 year old looked at himself and didn't see anything wrong with his neck, that he could see, turned off the light and headed back to bed.

But, if he would have looked he could have seen the red flashing mark on his neck.

~TBC~

Crest: Okay so that sucked for a first chapter, but! don't worry I will have the next chapter out tonight I promise!
Kari: Lets see how many times have I heard that?
Crest: But I mean it this time. I like writing this story, wish I had spell check though. *Sighs* Stupid Microsoft computers don't come with spell check.
Ken: You know you could probably download a spell checker.
Crest: -_-' I could couldn't I?
Kari: Your stupid you know that I'm surprised you have passing grades for school.
Crest: Which reminds me I only have 7 weeks of school left! Okay now to write the next chapter, Ja!