Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ All Bad Things... ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All bad things…
(Part one)

AUTHOR: Mizzy
E-MAIL: MIZZY_2k@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Romance/Adventure
PAIRINGS: Taito (Tai x Matt), Mimira (Sora x MIMI), TAKARI (TK x Kari) and Jyoushiro (Joe x IZZY.) THIS FIC DEALS WITH HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS. DON'T LIKE? DON'T READ!
RATING: PG-13
AUTHOR'S COMMENTS: don't be too harsh! This is my first digimon fic (yeah, I wrote it first, even though I've posted others later - to be honest I forgot I'd written this!) and I wanted to deal with the old digi-destined and the dark masters in a different way then the series does. This is a warning that homosexual relationships will be dealt with - you have been warned, so any Flames will be ignored! Feedback greatly appreciated. Takes place in the first series! OoOoOh!
DISCLAIMER: Digimon does in NO WAY WHATSOEVER belongs to me. No money has exchanged in the production of this fic, it's a piece of fiction produced BY a fan FOR the fans. DIGIMON and all its subsidiaries belong to TOEI animation, Bandai and various other people. Please don't sue me, and if this fic causes any disagreement with the owners, it will be cancelled immediately.

~~~

"Trees… even in the digital world they aren't very creative," Joe sighed as he stumbled over another tree root.
"I like trees," Gomamon said, grinning at Joe as he scrambled to his feet. "They're so much fun."
Joe levelled a stare at Gomamon.
"I'm tired," Mimi whined.
"You're always tired," Tai retorted as they tramped onwards through the forest.
"Well I'm a little tired too," Sora added, brushing moisture from her forehead.
"So'm I," Kari added in a whisper, not wanting to hurt her brother.
"We can still keep going," Tai said, continuing forwards.
"Tai, I think we should stop. Everyone's tired, even you," Matt said, frowning.
"But there's still daylight!" Tai kept walking, while everyone worked hard to keep up with him.
"Dammit, Tai, we're not machines. We need to stop!" Matt stopped in his tracks, the others quickly following suit. As soon as he realised that no one was following, he stopped in his tracks as well. Without turning around, Tai clenched his fists.
"And are you saying I'm a machine?" Tai demanded quietly.
"No, I'm saying we need a break. Even you do," Matt replied. Tai turned around, eyes narrowing.
"We have to get as far as we can while there's light!" Tai yelled.
"We won't make it if you keep on pushing us," Matt retorted, his voice rising in volume.
They stood there for a moment, staring at each other angrily, and then Tai just dropped to the ground. Folding his arms he glared at Matt.
"Fine. We take a break," he said, scowling.
Matt stood there, looking non-plussed as everyone began to sit down with his or her digimon, his mouth open.
"Matt, are you OK?"
Matt looked down to see Gabumon looking up at him.
"Uh… sure…" he mumbled. Moving to sit next to TK, Matt looked across at Tai.
"Tai… uh… Thanks," Matt said softly to Tai. Tai shrugged and turned away.
TK looked from Matt to Tai.
"Tai, what's the matter?" TK asked, frowning. "Matt just apologised I've never seen him do that before, not that willingly or fast anyway… Can't you accept it?"
Everyone was silent as Tai turned to Matt and shrugged.
"You were right. It didn't need thanks," he said shortly.
There was silence, as everyone just looked around unsure of what to say next. Normally in these circumstances it would have finished with Tai and Matt either having a bitch fight, yelling some more or with one or the other stalking off huffily. Now it had just fizzled out. Matt sighed and put his head on his knees, while Tai leant back against the tree, and everyone else exchanged looks.
"Uh, guys, don't want to be considered that I'm prying into your personal thoughts, but what just went on?" Izzy asked, concerned.
Matt continued to stare at his knees, while Tai steadfastly ignored the group.
"Matt?" TK added, with a pleading expression.
Matt lifted his head. "What? Can't we settle things like adults without everyone getting huffy? Or do you think it's fun watching us hurt each other like that?"
TK moved backwards from the venom in Matt's tone.
"Uhhh... Matt... I…"
Matt's expression abruptly softened, and he bit his lip.
"You understand, right, kiddo? Sometimes you have to wake up and realise that violence just isn't the option."
"And you two just abruptly came to this decision?" Sora asked, her brow furrowing.
"Is that so hard to believe?" Tai asked, his mind rejoining the rest of the group as he exchanged a glance with Matt.
"Actually, yes," Mimi said, frowning.
"Of course not," Kari countered suddenly, glaring at Mimi in disbelief.
Matt sighed in disgust, and stood up.
"Well, there's still always the moody stalking off," Matt mumbled, and did exactly that, walking stiffly out into the forest.
"Maybe I should go after him," TK said into the silence that followed.
"Nah, it's my fault, I should go," Tai said, scrambling to his feet.
"You sure you'll be OK?" Sora asked, frowning.
"Yeah, the worst thing that could happen is that we'll fight again," Tai mumbled, and stalked off after Matt.

In frustration, Matt turned and slammed his fist into a nearby tree trunk; trying to take out his anger out on it instead of someone. He wasn't even sure what had just happened. The emotions were there, just brimming to the surface, and ordinarily he would have lashed out at Tai… Matt frowned as he suddenly came to the realisation he didn't want to hurt Tai anymore than he had to. Biting his lip, Matt stopped walking and slid down next to the tree he hit, using its hard, cool surface to lean against.
Tai stopped a few metres away from where Matt had dropped, watching as he put his head onto his knees, the way Matt always sat when he was thinking about something that was bothering him. Deciding quickly, he stalked over and sat down next to him.
"Hey, man," he acknowledged quietly, while hugging his knees and staring out into the distance. Matt's head lurched up from his knees; he glanced once at Tai and then turned to look out into the horizon.
"What are you doing here?" Matt asked softly. Tai shrugged, then realised Matt wasn't looking at him and wouldn't have seen that.
"I came to see… well to figure out what the hell is happening. I mean, one minute we're ready to fight, and then… I realise I don't want to any more," Tai stated simply. "I don't want to hurt my friend."
Matt grunted softly in response as both boys continued to stare silently out into the forest.
"Sora and the others seem to expect a fight now," Matt said, after a while.
"I know," Tai replied. "I…"
"You don't have to say anything," Matt said softly. "I know."
Tai turned to Matt and gave him a small smile, which Matt, surprisingly, returned. And though they didn't say anything else, at some point their hands had migrated towards the other, now both hands were entwined on the ground beneath them as they silently stared out into the horizon.

"Don't you think that they should have been back by now?" Joe asked, his brow furrowing in concern.
Mimi shrugged as she massaged her aching feet. "They're probably just… letting off some steam," she suggested.
Sora got up to her feet. "You guys wait here, I'll go get them," she said, brushing the dirt of her knees.
"I'll come too," Biyomon said, just in case.
"Don't be long," TK said as the two walked off to find the boys.
It didn't take Sora long to find them. She hadn't gone all that far when she heard sounds of muffled breathing. Turning the corner, she was surprised to see them asleep, but what was more surprising was that Tai's head was on Matt's shoulder and Matt had his arm around him and was resting his head on Tai's.
"Awwww," Biyomon whispered, "they look so sweet and peaceful like that."
"Like they don't have a concern in the world," Sora added, a smile creeping up onto her face.
She stood there for a couple of minutes, smiling at her friends, and was just going to walk off to get the others, when she heard them coming along anyway. Thinking quickly, she moved to greet them.
"Shush," she whispered. "You have got to see this!"
Bemused, the digidestined and their digimon crept up slowly to see the scene.
TK grinned. "Hah, I knew it! They fought way too much."
"Onii-chan," Kari mumbled warmly, smiling.
"Like a married couple," Joe added, shaking his head in wonder.
"I don't understand," Agumon said, shaking his head. "I thought they hated each other."
Sora shook her head. "They could never hate each other," she said softly.
There was silence as they stared at the two, smiling, then Sora looked at the others.
"I suggest we should go to sleep here too," Sora said, "so that no-one will get lost."

Matt yawned as his eyes opened sleepily, smiling when he saw Tai still asleep curled up next to him. In shock, he turned to see the other digidestined asleep around them, and groaned.
"Tai," Matt whispered softly, shaking his friend's arm gently. Tai opened his eyes slowly, turning to look at Matt with a befuddled gaze.
"Look who's here," he said softly, indicating the others with a flick of the head.
Tai groaned as well, and started to stretch.
"Wonder how long they've been here," Tai mumbled, still half asleep, making no attempt to move from where he was resting.
"Probably Sora's idea," Matt replied, yawning again. "Come on, we better get up and wake them up."
"Yes we should," Tai agreed, struggling to keep his eyes open.
"Ah huh," agreed Matt, as once again sleep overtook them…
"Looks like my plan worked," came a soft voice from the undergrowth, and two dark figures came out to claim the sleeping pair…

The bearer of the crest of reliability was the first one to wake. Yawning, Joe stretched and started to scramble wearily to his feet. He blinked hazily for a few seconds, and then looked around the group. Sora, Mimi, Kari, Izzy, TK… Gabumon, Agumon, Palmon, Patamon, Gatamon, Gomamon, Biyomon and Tentamon… Who was missing?
It took a few minutes for his sleep-fogged brain to catch up with what he is seeing.
"Oh no, not again," Joe moaned, and moved to start waking everyone up.
Joe's first target was Sora. He shook the redheaded girl's shoulder briefly.
"Sora," he whispered, shaking her shoulder again. "Sora!"
"Hmmm… what?" Sora asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes. As she began to wake up properly she realised with a jolt the same thing Joe had. "Matt! And Tai! They've gone again," she exclaimed.
Five minutes and a rather frantic search later found all the digi-destined and digimon awake and worried.
"It doesn't look like both of them walked off," Izzy said thoughtfully. "There's just one set of very large footprints leading up to where they were asleep, then the same footprints leading off…" The computer genius stopped mid-sentence. "They've been… taken by someone… Or something," Izzy added sickly.
The others looked at him in horror.
"But who would want to take Matt?" TK asked; his voice sounding strangled.
Izzy shrugged.
"I don't know," he murmured, swiftly picking up some of the dirt beneath the footprints of the… thing… that had taken Matt and Tai, and analysing it with his computer. He frowned as the display came up. "That's impossible," he whispered.
"What's impossible?" Sora demanded, hands on her hips.
Izzy's eyebrows rose. "You will not believed who kidnapped Matt and Tai," he said as the others crowded around to see the display. By the general silence and shock, it seemed like Izzy was right. They did not believe who had done it.

"Matt… Matt? Yamato Ishida you wake up this instant!"
Matt mumbled sleepily, and tried to open his eyes.
"Dad? I'll be up in a minute," he slurred. Then full realisation hit Matt. "Dad?" he demanded incredulously, his eyes snapping open to see his Dad looking at him in shock. His gaze flickered around to see his mother, Tai's father, Tai's mother, Sora's mother, Mimi's father, Izzy's 'mother' and Joe's father also standing there.
"What the -?" The blond asked, dazed. "What are you doing here?"
Mr. Ishida glared at his son. "Saving your lives by the look of things," he replied, and then smiled, holding his son's face with one hand. "Everything's going to turn out right now, Yamato," he murmured, releasing his son. Matt turned his head to see Tai still asleep, and still resting against him.
"Tai!" He said roughly, shaking his friend's shoulder. "Wake up!"
"Hnuh?" The brunette murmured, as he woke up with a start. "Matt, what's going on?"
"Taichi Kamiya, I would have thought you would be a bit more responsive than this," his mother said, grinning slightly.
"Mum?" Tai's face went blank with shock. "Matt, am I still dreaming or what?"
Matt shrugged, non-plussed. "I have no idea," he said, "but I feel really weird."
"That's coz we had to drug you and your friends slightly," Joe's father explained. "To make sure we got you two away from them."
"Why?" Tai asked, feeling groggy, as he finally moved himself off Matt's shoulder and sat upright.
"Because you're the only two who can save the digiworld," Mr. Tachikawa explained.
"Now I'm freaked," Matt said slowly. Noticing Tai's expression, the blond knew that he felt exactly the same way as he did.
"'S OK, we're just dreaming… a really, bizarre, weird dream, that's all," Tai said, trying to reassure them. He looked up to see his parents raising their eyebrows at him.
"OK, how did you get here then?" Tai asked, finally believing the evidence in front of him.
"Well, after your digi-destined left, we left about a minute later," Natsuko Takaishi explained, shrugging. "We were the original digidestined. When we were kids we got pulled into the digi-world. After we defeated the dark emperor of our time, we found the prophecy that courage and friendship of the next generation would unite to save the digi-world, and that we would have to bring them to the place at the right time."
"Courage and friendship?" Matt asked, his brow furrowing. "Are they referring to our crests?"
"Crests?" It was the adult's turn to look confused.
"Crests," Tai supported Matt's statement, pulling out his own crest. Matt followed. "Mine's courage," Tai said.
Mrs. Kamiya blinked. "We just thought if we took you two away from the group we could figure out which two were courage and friendship in the group. So who's friendship? Sora or Mimi?"
"Huh?" Tai blinked, definitely confused. "No. Sora's is love and Mimi's sincerity. Why?"
Matt looked up sharply at their parents' and friends' parents' expressions.
"Well we just thought it would be a girl…" Tai's mum stared at him. "The prophecy said that courage and friendship would well... unite as one…"
"They'd love each other," Tai's dad finished, noticing his wife's confusion.
"Woah," Matt and Tai said in unison and jumped apart, suddenly flushing.
"So I know there's something wrong with this prophecy?" Tai prompted after a short few seconds, glancing guiltily at Matt then at his parents, his face still a vivid shade of crimson.
"Yamato…" Natsuko Takaishi whispered softly, staring at her son. "You're friendship?"
Matt nodded mutely, his face as red as Tai's.
Thankfully they were saved from responding by a sudden crashing sound.
"Matt!"
"Tai!"
The boys turned as they heard their digimon, and looked as Kari, Mimi, Sora, Joe, Izzy, TK, Gatamon, Gabumon, Agumon, Tentamon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon and Biyomon crashed into the clearing then stopped in shock.
"Mom!" Sora exclaimed, her hands moving to cover her mouth, "You're ok! You're here!"
Sora's mother didn't say anything. She just moved and hugged her daughter. Moments later, the other parents moved to embrace their children. There was a large commotion, and a few minutes later, everything had calmed down, and the parents had explained why they were here - to save the digiworld.
"Prodigious!" Izzy exclaimed. "So that's yet another reason why we're the digi-destined - we're the actual descendents of the original digi-destined!"
"It's amazing," Sora whispered, nestled in her mother's arms, a smile on her face.
"Matt, why are you blushing?" TK asked suddenly.
"Takeru," Natsuko admonished quietly.
"Is it the same reason why Tai's blushing?" Kari added questioningly.
All Tai could do in response was glare.
"I'm beginning to think that this prophecy is actually right," Mr. Ishida said, a grin on his face as he glanced across at his son.
"Dad!" Matt protested, blushing even harder. "I'm not in love with Tai!"
"What?" Mimi asked, starting to giggle.
The current digi-destined, apart from Matt and Tai, exchanged glances and burst out into laughter.
"Matt, you should really stop lying," the bearer of sincerity said.
Matt glared at Mimi.
"Mimi!" He protested quickly.
"Lying?" Tai's eyebrows rose upwards. "You mean he does love me?"
"Tai, shuddup!" Matt said quickly, flushing.
"Yup, just like you love him," Kari added, laughing, exchanging a triumphant glance with Takeru, happy now that this was being finally dealt with.
"Kari!" Tai protested, his face going even redder, if that was possible.
"You lot knew about this?" Mrs. Kamiya asked, her eyebrows rising again.
"Well duh! How obvious is it?" Mimi replied, laughing.
"This isn't funny!" Tai mumbled, shooting dark glances at his team, pausing at Matt, then abruptly moving his glance.
C'mon, Kamiya, Tai admonished himself sharply. This all has to be a dream; I mean my parents are here, for crying out loud! But I guess this dream IS telling me that my feelings aren't that well hidden. I suppose I'd better try and hide them better when I wake up.
"I see what you mean," Izzy's mother said. "It IS obvious."
"I thought I was imagining things, but I mustn't be," Mr. Ishida said, starting to laugh.
Suddenly angry, Matt scrambled to his feet. "You think this is funny?" he spat out, his face flushed and fists clenched. "You think that this is easy? Easy to feel, easy to say? Well it isn't! And you just sit here judging me, judging us, and all you can do is laugh?"
All laughter stopped abruptly as they looked at Matt. His face was flushed with anger and embarrassment as the group watched Tai get up to face the one he loved.
"No it's not funny. It's not easy either. And I imagined a lot better scenario than this one for telling you - hell I was hoping it wouldn't be in front of the others, let alone in front of our parents - but I love you Matt! I always have, always will!" Tai yelled, folding his arms over his chest.
"I didn't say I didn't!" Matt returned, yelling.
"You sure don't act like you do!" Tai yelled, stepping closer, fists clenched.
"Well I do!" Matt replied, yelling at the top of his voice in the heat of the moment. "I'm sorry if this doesn't make me normal like the rest of you, but I love you Tai! And I don't care what happens!"
"Fine!" Tai yelled back.
"Fine!" Matt retorted, glaring at Tai.
Scowling, his face flushed with embarrassment, Matt sat down - arms folded - and glared at the group. Tai followed suit, as they both started to glare darkly at the ground.
There was silence as the group wide shock dissipated.
"Izzy do they always argue like this?" Mrs. Izumi asked her adopted son. The computer whiz shook his head.
"No. Usually they fight."
"Oh, Tai, I thought you two had stopped fighting," Mr. Kamiya admonished.
Tai shrugged, his mind elsewhere.
"All couples fight some time," Joe's father remarked, giving his son's hair a scruff with his hand.
"Couples?" Sora asked, then smiled. "Yep. They do act like that."
"Coz they are," Takeru added.
"Coz they are what?" Mimi asked.
"A couple," Kari said, smiling at her dazed brother. "Though they didn't want to admit it."
"I give up," Matt sighed, resting his head on his knees. "Can I wake up now?"
"Uh, I don't think this is a dream," Tai added, softly, finally looking straight at Matt, an uncertain smile on his face.
Matt returned the smile tentatively.
"I'm not so sure about that," Mrs. Kamiya sighed. "My little boy has grown up so much… and we're back here… so much has changed."
Tai coughed suddenly, bringing himself and Matt out of the bemused daze they were in.
"Awwww, mum," he said, pulling a face. "Don't get all mushy on us now. What's with this prophecy thing?"
Sora's mother decided to explain.
"There's a mystical digimon that helped us when we were here. She was kind of an oracle… everything she said would happen would happen. Often she was pretty vague about it. But when she was descriptive - it was always, always right. When we finally defeated the emperor, she came to us and said that at the time the dark masters came to the digiworld, and the old digi-destined returned only to guide the new, the two new digi-destined of courage and friendship will unite as one, and love as one, and fight as one; but if they are in denial they will fail. For them and only them, can fight the darkness if they are as one, and they shall light the eight symbols between them without the help of the bearers of the other symbols on top of the mountain on the view of Pinocchiomon's mansion."
There was another silence as the digi-destined mulled over the words.
"This is all way too much," Matt said simply, and got up again, dusting off his knees. "I just… need a little space to think." He glanced once at Tai, and then stalked off a little way out into the woods.
Tai watched him go, trying to fight the feelings and emotions going through his head. Quickly looking up, he saw his friends' warm expressions, and his parents, and Matt's parents, understanding expressions. Casting a gaze at where Matt had left, Sora piped up.
"Tai, what are you sitting there gormlessly for? Go after him!" She said, grinning, sharing a wink with Mimi.
Startled, the bearer of courage sought permission from the adults to follow him. His and Matt's parents nodded and smiled, giving the boy their acceptance and blessing for them to continue. He smiled sadly in thanks, and getting up slowly went after Matt.

Tai found Matt about five minutes later, hugging his knees, staring out into the distance. Matt looked up as he saw Tai approach. Both of them could feel the uneasy tension in the air.
"Hey," Tai acknowledged softly as he sat down gently next to the blond haired boy, both uneasy of what could happen next, but both wanting what could happen.
"Did you mean what you said?" Matt asked, not looking at Tai.
"Yes," Tai said softly. "Did you?"
"Yes," Matt replied, then sighed.
"Hey, what's that for?" Tai asked, turning to look at Matt. The blond turned to look at the brunette sadly.
"This isn't… normal," Matt said, staring at Tai.
"What is around here?" Tai replied. "Besides, none of them seem to have a problem with it, so why should we?"
Matt's gaze flickered uneasily behind them. "You mean -"
"I mean they looked like they were practically ready to tie us together until we confessed," Tai interrupted, chuckling.
"Confessed?" Matt raised an eyebrow.
"Well we were kind of lying about it," Tai said, then moved his hand to brush away a few of Matt's hair strands that had tumbled to his cheek in the confusion. Matt closed his eyes and leant into Tai's hand.
It felt like hours that they were just sat like that; Tai with his hand on Matt's cheek, Matt resting his head on Tai's hand.
"Matt, it wasn't a joke. I do love you, I was just afraid you didn't," Tai admitted softly, smiling,
"And you know what I'm like admitting things like this," Matt pointed out. "I love you, Taichi Kamiya."
Both Tai and Matt felt warmth creeping up their cheeks again, as Tai removed his hand and held onto Matt's. Blue eyes locked with brown, and another eternity seemed to pass, as they got closer and closer…
"When they going to kiss?"
At the sound of the voice, their heads - which were only inches apart now - lurched apart, and turned to stare at the bushes.
"AGUMON!" Tai yelled furiously at the little digimon.
Guiltily, the bush shook and the eight digimon trundled out. Gabumon looked the most apologetic.
"Sora explained that when two humans were in love they kissed. We were only curious what kissing is," Gabumon explained.
Tai felt his face going very red again. Looking across at Matt he realised the blond was having the same problem. Clearing his throat, Tai coughed. "It's kind of a private thing, Gabumon," Tai explained.
"Not always," Matt retorted, a huge grin creeping up on his face.
Tai's grin started to match Matt's. "You sure?"
"Tai!" Matt looked frustrated. "I've been waiting years for this, I'm not going to let a few digimon come between us!"
"A couple of years?" Tai's eyebrows rose. Matt blushed, but before he could say anything, Tai nodded. "Same here."
Matt's eyes widened, and his gaze travelled to Tai's lips as he saw the brunette doing the same. Moving his gaze up again to meet Tai's, he felt Tai move closer, until tentatively their lips met. As if the sudden contact awoke them, Tai slipped his arm around Matt's neck to draw him in closer, tongues moving in unison, as they explored each other's mouths. Matt moaned softly into Tai's mouth, almost at the same time as Tai. Things started to rapidly escalate as Matt slipped his arm around Tai's waist, pulling him even closer. They finally broke away after they both realised they needed to breathe, and were shocked to discover only Gabumon, Biyomon and Patamon still there, smiling.
"Where did -?" Matt managed to get out as soon as his mouth started working again.
Biyomon sighed. "Oh, it's OK, we've seen kissing before."
Tai was intrigued. "Who?"
"We've seen Joe and Izzy do it before," Gabumon explained.
"And Sora and Mimi," Biyomon added.
"TK and Kari did it a couple of times too," Patamon finished.
If it was possible, the boys' eyes went even wider in surprise.
"Joe and Izzy?" Tai got out. "Sora and Mimi?"
"Woah," Matt added.
"Boy are they gonna get it when we get back to camp!" Tai exclaimed, sharing an even wider grin with Matt. Matt nodded, and scrambled to his feet. Matt helped Tai up, and after glaring at the digimon in shock, holding hands they headed back in the direction of the camp.

END OF PART ONE