Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Warriors ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.2

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! The scene changes again to see four digimon being chased a larger one. One was a large red dinosaur digimon; another was a beetle, a butterfly, and one that looked like a small white teddy bear. "What are we going to do now Aldamon," the beetle digimon yelled to the red one. "I don't know Beetlemon, I just know that we need to run so that giant Sakkakumon doesn't squash us," Aldamon yelled back. The butterfly digimon, Kazemon, and the bear digimon, Kumamon, didn't waste any energy in talking.

"Haha, thou should just give up thy spirits now," the large eyeball digimon, Sakkakumon, laughed in a very strong old English accent. The four jumped down into a large canyon and ran into a cave. Sakkakumon slithered down after them. Cornered in the cave, the four digimon focused. Soon Aldamon saw the clear chance to destroy Sakkakumon and was about to launch his attack when suddenly four voices screamed out, "NO!" One came from his D-tecter; the other three seem to come from his mind.

"Aldamon, why didn't you attack," Beetlemon yelled and Aldamon couldn't answer. "Takuya, return the human spirit to Sakkakumon," the voice from the D-tecter, otherwise known as Ophanimon, said and Aldamon stared at it in surprise.

"What! Are you crazy or something?! I can't do that," he gasped and the voice answered," you will know in time." As Aldamon pointed his de-tecter at Sakkakumon, the human spirit of steel flew out of it and was absorbed by the larger digimon. They four digimon watched in surprise as Sakkakumon slide evolved back into the digimon known as Mercuremon, the spirit of steel. He was on his knees and seemed to be short of breath. "It is time Mercuremon to remember who you were before this, to remember who you had loved," Ophanimon said," it is time." The symbol shot out of the D-tecter and hit Mercuremon right in the face. He yelled as the memories returned.

Three digimon were seen, facing a larger, more menacing one. Two crumpled up forms could be seen lying on the ground in front of the three digimon. "Puny humans! Do you think that you can ever defeat me! I am Chaosmon! Lord of the Digital World," the large digimon laughed. He kept constantly changing shape, so there was no way to fully describe him. Only large glinting red eyes stared from a faceless face. The three digimon shivered not with fear, but with anger. They had watched this digimon destroy two of their other comrades and they wanted vengeance! A large digimon, though looking like a large skeleton with wings, had tears running down its face.

"You fiend! You murdered my brother and you will pay with your miserable life! I am not the legendary warrior of souls for nothing," it screamed. The other digimon, a large sea serpent yelled out," you killed two of my friends, the legendary warrior of the sea forgets nothing!" The last one, a large white and blue dragon cried out," the legendary warrior of storms forgets nothing either!"

Chaosmon let out a booming and haunting laugh. "They were fools to try and attack me, they paid for their foolishness with their lives. Hahaha," he taunted," now you will meet the same fate as them! Fist of Fate!" His hand raised up and streaked down. The three digimon dodged the attack and launched their own attacks.

The skeletal one raised its two arms and a black ball of energy appeared between them. It yelled out," Wraith of Souls!" The sea serpent shrieked," Hydro Blaster!" Water spewed out of its mouth at a deadly speed. The large dragon roared," Lighting Needles!" White glowing needles sprayed out of this mouth. The battle was long and fierce, but the three warriors, powered by their rage and anger, finally defeated Chaosmon. "NOOOO," he screamed as he saw his fate unfold. Covered with wounds, the skeletal one raised its arms for a final attack. The large glowing black portal appeared and it screamed," Hand of the Darg!" Glowing green eyes appeared in the portal and two rotting red hands reached out. They punched right through Chaosmon and his fractal code appeared. "Vengeance has been given," the skeleton whispered as it pulled out a detector and took the code. Chaosmon's body dissolved and he vanished, never to be seen again.

The three digimon suddenly collapsed out of the air and flew to the ground. Flows of data surrounded them as they returned to their human forms. Two were girls and one was a boy. They all looked to around sixteen and they were covered with wounds. Other digimon surrounded them, but one was greatly noticeable. The form of Mercuremon appeared to pick up the human who was legendary warrior of souls. The human's eyes opened and she gave a weak smile. "Well we kicked his ugly butt," she whispered as snuggled up against Mercuremon. "Thee should not move, thee is hurt badly," Mercuremon said and the girl let out a sigh.

The elder Candlemon approached the girl and said," we owe you a debt that we can never repay, is there anything we can do to help?"

The girl closed her eyes for a second and opened them. "I want you to find a way to help us live longer, I really have no life back in the real world, so I want to stay and help all of my friends out," she said as her voice began to get a little strained and added in a lower tone," and the one I love." She raised her gaze to Mercuremon and he gave a small smile.

"It would seem that the only way to fully heal you is to put in a deep sleep," the Candlemon said," it might take you many years for you to heal."

The other girl, warrior of the sea, answered this time. "I don't give a care if it takes a million years, I am so staying here," she smirked weakly. The boy, warrior of storms, nodded his agreement. Preparations were made and each of the warriors placed challenges for people who wanted to find them. Each of them was taken to their separate resting places after a brief good-bye. As the leader, the warrior of souls, was getting ready to sleep, she turned her head to Mercuremon. "I will always remember you, so never forget me," she whispered and she pressed her lips gently to his face. Mercuremon's shook as he gave her a hug and watched as her eyes closed. The Candlemon explained that Mercuremon would only know the location of the altar place of the sea. From there, people who have to find the stones of the warriors. With them, they can find each warrior.

Mercuremon shook with sobs as he kneeled on the ground. "What have I done? What have I done," he whispered over and over again as he continued to sob. Aldamon looked at him with surprise while the other three looked suspicious.

"What on earth is he talking about," Kazemon asked and Kumamon had the same question. "I have no idea," Beetlemon said as he stared at the sobbing Mercuremon. "You may trust him, he will led you to more powerful allies," Ophanimon said and the de-tecter's light faded. Aldamon and Beetlemon grabbed Mercuremon and flew out of the canyon to return to the top. Kazemon carried Kumamon out. Three digimon waited at the top of the canyon for them. A white digimon with a silly looking scarf around his waist was Bokomon, keeper of the book. The yellow rabbit looking one was the loveable, but dull witted Neemon. The last looked like an oversized gerbil with large ears for wings was Patamon.

"Good heavens! Why didn't you destroy him," Bokomon said and Aldamon shook his head. "Ophanimon said for us not to destroy him, something about him leading us to new allies," Aldamon said. The four digimon returned to their human forms. The one wearing goggles around his head was Takuya Kanbaru, the girl was Zoe Ormoto, the large kid was JP Shibayama, and the youngest one was Tomoki Himi, or just Tommy. Takuya marched over to the still sobbing form of Mercuremon and asked," alright, what was Orphanimon saying about you." Mercuremon didn't answer for a few seconds and then he muttered something. "What was that? Speak up," Takuya said. Bokomon answered with," he said something about three ancient warriors."

"Three more warriors, I thought there was only ten legendary warriors of the Digital World," Tommy said and everyone agreed.

"Yes, but there were also five ancient warriors who help the Legendary Warriors defeat Lucemon, for they found out that he had been partly corrupted by an evil digimon known as Chaosmon and they defeated him," Bokomon explained

Patamon curiously looked at the digimon who had originally destroyed him and flew over. "Hey Patamon! Stay away from him! He can't be trusted yet," Tommy yelled, but was surprised that when Patamon landed in front of Mercuremon, Mercuremon did nothing and didn't even seem to notice Patamon in front of him. He was still sobbing into his hands and Patamon gave him comforting pat on the arm. At Patamon's touch, Mercuremon finally did look up.

"What have I done!? Will she ever forgive me, and will she ever think of me the same way," he muttered, more to himself then to the people gathered around him. His mirror face's lips were in a grimace and he seemed to struggle with something. Patamon gave him a sweet smile and said," I don't know who she is, but I sure forgive you." That statement shocked everyone, especially Mercuremon. "Thou would forgive even after what I had done to thee," he asked in shock and Patamon nodded.

"Well if Patamon can trust him, I guess that we can," Zoe said and JP shrugged to show that he didn't really care. "Alright, but first we gotta what Mercuremon knows about these three warriors," Takuya said. Mercuremon stood to his full height, around six to seven feet, and held one hand to his head as he tried to remember. "Hmm, the Candlemon made it so I would only know the location of the warrior of the sea," he said. "Well, I hope that this warrior isn't anything like Ranamon," JP smirked. The people soon traveled off to find the first of the warriors.