Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Angels ❯ Preview ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Darkness.

It was everywhere.

The beach extended as far as the eye could see. The water was black, pressing against the sand every few seconds with the tide. And it was nothing compared to the darkness.

******************************************************

In Japan, a young woman sits up in bed suddenly, awakening her husband. Her body is drenched in sweat, and her eyes are filled with tears. When her husband places a hand on her shoulder, trying to offer comfort, she screams.

Halfway across the world, another young woman stands behind a stove, a small bottle of oregano in her hand, going on about spices and wines and such, when she freezes, her eyes widening. The bottle falls from her suddenly weak hands, to brake on the floor below. Then, in front of a live audience, she faints.

******************************************************

A creature rose out of the ocean, several meters ahead. Its form could not be seen, since it rose against the dark, but one thing was clear: it was big.

It started toward the beach, causing the waves to grow in size. The sound of its passage through the water was indescribable.

Over the sound of its passage, another sound could be heard: breathing. Deep, hard breaths, almost like grunts.

******************************************************