Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Arranged Love ❯ XIV. Broken Deals ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

. Arranged . Love .

DivineAngel143

. XIV . Broken Deals

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Thanks for the reviews! Were nearly to the end of the story, that's kind of sad, in a way, I'm going to miss this story.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Tai glanced up the second he heard his name and found himself staring back at the woman who left him hanging at the restaurant months ago after he proposed. His jaw dropped but no sound came out. He closed it shut, then opened it up again, and then back shut.

Mimi fiddled with her fingers playing with the hem of her robes not knowing what to say. I mean what exactly do you say to the guy you abandoned right after he proposed? After a few minutes in silence Mimi finally regained her posture and opened her mouth to say something but apparently Tai beat her to it.

"So you live here now?" He casually asked looking around, while avoiding eye contact.

"Y-yeah," She nodded. She cleared her throat and glanced up. "Look Tai," She started but was interrupted when a call pulled over.

Tai and Mimi stared as a long shiny black limo made its way through the driveway. It stopped momentarily and out came Pierre, Kari, Yolie, T.K. and Davis.

They all chatted away happily until they spotted Mimi and Tai on the porch.

Pierre and Yolie gasped, Kari squealed and ran to her brother tackling him with a big bear hug, and Davis looked confused for a moment or two until he recognize the big brown hair, while T.K. just looked surprised.

Kari finally departed on Tai as he gasped for air.

"Wow, I think you broke a rib." Tai joked.

But Kari seemed to not hear his comment. Instead she started to bombard him with questions. "Oh my god, Tai what are you doing here? When did you arrive? I thought you weren't coming till next week? Who dropped you off here? And how did you know where this place was? And-"

Tai held a hand up defensively, "Whoa squirt one question at a time. Okay 1, I came to see you. Two, I arrived this morning. Three, my flight schedules changed. Four, I rode a taxi. And five, Jun told me where this place was and mentioned you were here," Tai stopped and glanced at Davis. "And him too, hi Davis."

Davis grinned. "Hey Tai,"

"And that's about it." Tai finished.

Mimi choked. "You know Davis?"

Tai glanced back at me finally meeting eye contact. "Yeah, it's along story. I kinda left that part out while we were dating."

T.K. coughed. "You two were dating?! Oh this is funny, this is-"

Yolie nudged him hard on the ribs making T.K. winced in pain. "Quiet," She mumbled.

Pierre looked up and said something incoherent in French and went inside.

Davis glanced at Pierre's retreating form, then at T.K. and Yolie. Then back at Tai and Mimi and started laughing. "Hey T.K. it is funny isn't it?" And laughed some more until his face met with Yolie's purse, and he too felt the pain T.K. was enduring. Only his pain was directly on his face.

Mimi just turned a slight shade of red but said nothing. Tai looked a bit confused but said nothing at the moment. Kari, on the other hand, dragged Tai over to T.K.

"Tai you remember T.K. don't you?" Kari asked.

Tai nodded and smiled a bit. "Yeah, it's great to see you." He said offering his hand over.

T.K. shook it and grinned. "Same here,"

Tai you remember T.K. don't you? Mimi couldn't help but replay Kari's words in her head. Wait if Tai knows T.K. then he must know…

"Oh my god," She shouted all of a sudden.

Kari, Tai, and T.K., Yolie, and Davis soon all turned their heads at Mimi, from her sudden outburst. Mimi walked over to them and stood right in front of Tai.

"You know T.K. too?" She asked.

Tai glanced at her then back at T.K. "Of course I know him. Why wouldn't I know my sister's boyfriend?"

"So does that mean you know Matt?" She asked frantically.

"Who's that?" Tai asked.

Mimi smiled. "So, you don't know him? That's great because you don't need to know him."

"Yeah but Mimi, that's the reason Tai is here, were going to introduce them." Kari explained.

"What," Mimi exclaimed. "Now why on earth would you want to do that?"

"Well," Kari started.

"Wait before you go on, who's Matt?" Tai asked.

"Oh Matt, that's Mimi's fiancée." Davis replied.

"What?" Tai asked. He glanced at Mimi, "Fiancée?"

Mimi dropped her jaw.

Yolie gave out an irritating sigh and left the scene, bringing Davis along with her.

Kari and T.K. made slight noises, but still stood on their ground.

"Fiancée," Tai repeated, his voice was low yet steady. "Is that why you left?"

"What, nooo, no, no, and no! Listen Tai, that day when you proposed, I-" She started, but was suddenly interrupted when she heard her name being called.

"Hey Mimi," Matt said coming out of the mansion shirtless, his hair neatly spiked. "Have you seen my shirt? I don't know where I threw it when we went to bed last night."

Oh boy, did he say that in a wrong way.

Mimi gaped at him, eyes flashing with anger.

Tai frowned a bit and glance at the blonde man. "Who are you?"

Matt glanced up. "I'm Matt, who are you?"

Instead of answering, Tai's frowned just deepened and left. Not caring where he was going, he just followed the trail leading to the lake.

Mimi slapped Matt on the arm.

HARD

Matt flinched and rubbed his arm. "Oww, what did you do that for?!"

Mimi fumed and trudged down the path where Tai disappeared into.

Kari and T.K. frowned as well giving Matt the look.

"What," Matt asked.

But instead of answering, both T.K. and Kari went inside.

Matt cursed under his breath still rubbing his arm. "What is it with these people, and not answering me?"

.

Mimi soon caught up with Tai and saw him sitting on a boulder. She slowly sat down beside him, not caring if he noticed or not.

"I can explain," She said quietly.

"How long," He asked.

"How long what?"

"How long have you been cheating on me?"

Mimi sighed. "Tai I was never cheating on you."

But Tai ignored her. "Who's that guy? And you obviously slept together."

"Yeah, we slept together, but not in that way." She explained.

Tai stood up from the boulder and paced around. "This is why you left. This is why you left me at the restaurant when I proposed. It was because you were already engaged!"

"Yes Tai I was engaged." Mimi replied.

"See I knew it, you were cheating on me." He accused.

"Will you just let me explain," Mimi said, who was on the verge of tears.

Tai glanced at her. "What's there to explain? You left, and that's what I'm going to do right now." And with that said he started walking away.

Mimi couldn't take it anymore, she was getting a painful migraine and she didn't care whether she cried or not.

"It was an arranged marriage okay?!" She yelled.

Tai soon stopped dead in his tracks but didn't turn around.

Mimi didn't receive an answer so she took the opportunity to continue. "My parents and Matt's parents betrothed us as soon as we were born. I didn't find out until a month before you proposed. I wanted to say yes, I really did. But I couldn't. I planned on telling you at the restaurant but you proposed. I didn't want to break your heart so I left. I never intended on hurting you."

Tai was now back beside Mimi on the boulder and collected her in his embrace, telling her it was alright.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Finally, I updated! Sorry I took so long. I was busy, and when I had free time I took advantage of it. This chapter is kind of sappy so I tried to humor it a little. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll get chapter 15 soon! Probably next week I promise you! Besides I got the whole week off, aren't I lucky? And *sniff* the story is coming into an end. Two more chapters and it's done. And it's kind of a good thing too, because I won't update 'Captain Ishida', or 'A Second Chance' till it's complete. Anyways thanks for the e-cards I received on my birthday! You guys are mega sweet!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

. P L E A S E . R E V I E W .

Arranged Love copyright © 08.08.03 by DivineAngel143

This story, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission.