Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Awakened Memories ❯ The Path of Memories ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Being that my laptop is down and I'm now stuck using my roommates' computers, those in the Computer Labs here on campus, and when I get home to my 'rents, I don't know when the next chapters of my fics are coming. I'm now attempting to write everything longhand and then type it, so we'll see how this goes. But, please, bear with me.

Digimon and its characters do not belong to me, although Ken and Daisuke have this strange tendency to hang out in my mind and inspire many fics... and Ken likes to fight with Duo...

It's been a fun ride, everybody~! ^_^

All previous chapters are archived at: Robin's Sanctuary


Awakened Memories
By: Robin Terrae


Epilogue: The Path of Memories


::Daisuke POV::


It's been almost six months since Ken's encounter with Oikawa in the Digital World. We've begun to slowly re-build our relationship, but I have a feeling that it will be awhile till out relationship is anywhere near the level that it was.

But that's fine by me. I love Ken and refuse to push him beyond what he feels comfortable with. Besides, Ken's not the only one who has to come to terms with what happened that night.

I, too, have my scars. To know that if I had only been quicker in reaching the truck, I could have stopped Oikawa before he touched Ken. And to know that I'm the reason for it happening in the first place...

To know that Vamdemon did what he did because he could tell that three years later, I, Motomiya Daisuke, would be the Chosen Child that would ultimately lead to his defeat. He wanted to try and keep me from completing my destiny by violating the one person I cared about the most.

"Dai..."

"Hmmm..." I turn to look over at my boyfriend, who was lounging on my bed, Minomon and Chibimon sitting on either side. Ever since that day when Ken had run to the Digital World, our Digimon partners never left our sides.

His blue eyes stare into my brown ones. "You're doing it again." He states, his voice low.

"Doing what again?" I ask.

"Feeling guilty." Ken answered, staring at me intently, both Chibimon and Minomon pressing themselves against Ken's body in a gesture of comfort.

I turned back to the window. "Can you blame me?" I ask softly, one hand pressed against the glass pain.

"Daisuke..."

I heard the rustle of fabric and suddenly hands were clamped around my waist, Ken's face pressed into my back.

"I thought we went over this already." He asked, his voice muffled against the fabric of my shirt.

"We did." I answer, gently covering Ken's slim, pale hands with my slightly darker ones. "But it still hasn't changed."

Ken sighed, pressing himself closer to me, burying his face in my shoulder blade. " I really wish you wouldn't blame yourself."

I nod, "I know... but that doesn't change what happened."

Ken said nothing, and I leaned back into his touch. For a while, all was quiet, until Ken suddenly shifted, and I craned my head back to look at him. A ghost of a smile touched his lips.

"What?" I ask. I've been around Ken long enough to know that look... and it wasn't the best one that you wanted to see on the face of Ichijouji Ken.

Ken moved away from me, smiling, a light that had been dim for far too long blazing brightly in the depths of his eyes. "Let's go make some new memories."

It took a minute for me to comprehend what he meant by that statement, but when I do, I smile. "Yeah." I said softly, voice full on emotions, "Let's."

We're both healing, and given time, I think that both of us will be okay...


The End.

It's over~! *jumps up and down in celebration* Yay~! Now I can work on 'Be Careful What You Wish For...' without any more interruptions~! ^_^