Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Awakened Memories ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I'm actually writing a fic to answer a challenge!!

*Muses fall over in shock*

*pokes muses* Um, guys... it's not that astounding... *no response* *sighs* Oh, well... This fic is a response to a challenge posted on the DaisukeKen ML a couple days ago. This involves an alternate ending to Digimon Adventure 02 (for Ken and Miyako aren't married, and there are no little Ichijouji/Inoue offspring running around), and involves Yaoi. There will be some nasty stuff contained within, so read with caution!
BTW, this is a WIP... meaning that it's not planned and I only write when the muses strike... so any feedback and ideas concerning this fic are greatly appreciated. ^_^ Oh, Digimon and its characters do no belong to me. They belong to companies with more money than I could ever have!! ^_^;;;;
Timeline: About 3 or 4 years after the end to Digimon Adventure 02.


Awakened Memories
By: Robin Terrae


Chapter 1: Dreams


The steady noise of tires rolling over pavement was what had finally brought him out of his unnatural slumber. Opening his eyes, it took a few minutes for them to adjust to the dark. Moaning quietly he attempted to move, only to realize that his hands were bound behind his back. Panic clouded his mind for a moment, until he remembered his final moments before he had fallen unconscious...

'Oikawa!' he frantically thought, 'The children!'

"Finally awake are we?" a low voice asked.

Twisting his body, he was able to move into a sitting position, staring up at Oikawa. "You don't really think that this will work, do you?"

Oikawa smiled at him, and he felt his blood run cold, "It already has." Moving closer, Oikawa stared down at the bound boy. Crouching low, Oikawa reached out with a hand, gently playing with a few strands of his hair. "I knew, ever since your brother's funeral, that you would grow up into a beautiful boy..."

He tried to twist his head away from the hand, but Oikawa grabbed the back of his neck, keeping his head still. "Yes," he murmured, "a beautiful boy indeed..."

"What are you doing?" the boy asked, fear beginning to line the edge of his voice. His blue eyes widened as he felt the one of Oikawa's hands drop lower. Suddenly, it hit him, and he realized exactly what the man was doing. "Please... no..."

"Don't worry." Oikawa responded, whispering in the boy's ear.

Tears begun to run down his face, leaving salty trails in their wake. "No..." he tried again, "Oh, God... please don't..."

*****

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Ichijouji Ken sat straight up in bed, his shaking arms wrapped tight around his torso. Tears were running unheeded down his pale cheeks, and his slanted blue eyes were wide with fear. His indigo hair hung limply in strands around his head, a few plastered to his forehead with sweat. Shaking his head to clear it, the dream already falling back into the deep recesses of his mind, he raised a shaking, uneasy hand and ran it through his hair. He used the other hand to slowly wipe the tears away from his face.

"Ken-chan?"

Ken glanced down at his partner Digimon, Minomon. The little green Digimon stared up at Ken with large black eyes. "Hmmm...?"

"Are you alright?" the little Digital Monster asked, concern lining his voice.

Ken managed a weak smile. "I'm fine." He said softly, "It was just a dream."

"It didn't look like a dream." Minomon stated, "It looked more like a nightmare to me."

Ken shook his head, "I can't even remember it." He answered, reaching out to tap his partner on the head, "But don't worry, I'm fine now."

Minomon looked at Ken disbelievingly, "Are you sure?" he asked, uncertain.

Ken nodded, then held his arms open, allowing Minomon to gently float into them, "I'm sure. Besides, I don't have anything to worry about, with you here to protect me." He told his friend, holding Minomon close.

"I'll always protect you, Ken-chan." Minomon softly agreed, falling asleep. Ken smiled down at the Digimon, then glanced out over the room. He suddenly began to feel uneasy, and hugged the little Digimon closer. He knew that he wouldn't be getting back to sleep tonight.


TBC....

Well, that's part one... Should I continue??