Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Blind ❯ Part I: Events ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blind
by Akimi

Disclaimers/Author Notes: I don't own Digimon. I would say "not yet anyway" but there are so many other people that said that and so it would be unoriginal, uncreative, and just not cool. So I won't. Anyway, I also don't own Zoloft, Advil, Midol, Viagra, any brand of cough syrup, or Tylenol. Oh yeah, and I don't own the movie "The Fast and the Furious" either. This is a DRAMA fic, which means that there will be dramatic and sad scenes. Okay, so practically the entire thing is like that, but oh well. This is really short, and I guess for couplings all I can say is slight Takeyako, one sided Takari, and one sided Daikari. Yuck. (Takeyako anyway) Well, on with the show!
***
Tonight is the night. TK asked me earlier this week to go to this dance with him. I'm so ecstatic! I've liked TK for a long time.

I told Yolei right after he asked me. I really thought she'd be happy for me, but she was steamed! I guess she likes him, too.

Well, it was time to get dressed. I carefully selected from my wardrobe a formfitting black short-sleeved T-shirt and a cute red plaid miniskirt with a thick black belt. I put them on, along with a pair of black nylons and some black shoes. I remember Mimi helped me pick this outfit out last year when I went to the Valentine's Dance with Davis. He was so stuck on me ...

After painstakingly checking to make sure every hair was in place and my makeup was perfect, I went downstairs to wait for TK. I looked at the clock. I was ten minutes early, so I knew I had a little wait ahead of me.

Ten minutes turned into twenty. I figured he was just running a little late. My worry grew and grew, however, as twenty turned into thirty, turned into an hour.

Tai came out of his room as the tears began to form in my eyes. He looked at his watch. "Uh... wasn't TK supposed to be here, like, an hour ago?" he asked.

"Don't remind me," I sobbed.

Tai's face contorted into an odd expression that looked something like sadness mixed with lots and lots of anger, and a pinch of sympathy. "That jerk - he stood you up!" he said.

At this, I only cried harder.

"Come on Kari. I'm gonna take you to the movies. That way you won't be all dressed up with no place to go." He grabbed both my jacket and his out of the closet, and we got in his car.

All the way there, I could not help feeling that my inner mood was much like the outer mood - rainy, bleak, and gray. Tai was royally pissed. He kept saying, "That little prick, I'm gonna kick his ass." I remained silent.

As we got inside, Tai asked what movie I wanted to see.

"I don't care..." I muttered.

Shrugging he said to the ticket person, "Two for ... uh ... 'The Fast and the Furious,' I guess." He took the tickets and we went inside. He bought me a popcorn and a bag of my favorite candy, hoping to cheer me up, but it didn't work.

We headed toward the theater, where we ran into Davis.

"Hey Kari! What's the matter?" he asked me, not even acknowledging Tai's presence. I looked away.

Tai grimaced. "TK stood her up."

Davis was outraged. "What the hell's he smokin'?" he demanded.

"I don't know, but I don't like it," Tai replied.

Suddenly a realization of sorts hit Davis. "Waitaminute..." he began. "Kari, you shoulda told me you were supposed to go out with TK tonight!"

"Why?" I asked pessimisstically.

"'Cause he's in there makin' out with Yolei!" he cried.

Tai got even more pissed. "You sure it was him?" he yelled.

Davis nodded vigorously. "Yeah! I was walkin' past and I said, 'Hey TK, Yolei.' And then they said, 'Hey Davi,' or rather, TK did. Then he went back to slobbering all over Yolei."

This was more than I could take. I ran out immediately. I didn't care if it was raining, I just wanted to get home. I could hear Davis running after me, calling my name. I ran even harder, trying to lose him.

It only took about ten or fifteen minutes, and now I'm finally home. I've got to hurry though, because Davis is going to be here any minute now, and I'm sure Tai will be here soon after that.

I'm running into my mom's bathroom. I throw open the medicine cabinet and I find exactly what I'm looking for. A full bottle of her extra-strenght Zolofts. (For those of you who don't know, Zoloft is a very strong anti-depressant.) I'm going to swallow the entire bottle. I did, and now I'm opening a rather large bottle of Advil. I start to hear Davis at the door, and now I'm really glad that I took the time to lock it.

I'm starting to get a little dizzy, but I've got to keep going. I'm downing all of the Advil. The next thign I see is a few Midols. Down with those, too. Next I see some of Daddy's Viagra. Not that. I grab a half-full bottle of cough syrup and drink it all.

I fall down on the floor with a jar of Tylenol. As I'm finishing swallowing the last of it, I hear Tai and Davis come in. I can't take any more pills, but that's okay. I have enough now. It hurts a little, but just a little, and besides, this is the only way out for me now. Soon it won't hurt anymore. I'll never hurt again. TK and Yolei can't hurt me anymore, 'cause I won't be here to hurt.

But now I realize that Davis doesn't just have a crush on me, he loves me. I should have seen it before, but that's okay too because he would've just ended up hurting me anyway. I love you, Mom. I love you, Daddy. I love you Tai, Davis, Sora, Matt, Mimi, Joe, Izzy, Cody, Gatomon, even you, Yolei and TK. I love you all, and I'll miss you . . .
***

A/N: Okay, I realize that ending might have been a bit... unsatisfactory. I'm sorry, but that's just how it goes. Anyway, please R&R, I'll love you forever and do the same for you. This is my first attempt at a drama/angst fic, so please don't flame. I hope you liked it, and if you didn't, well that's your loss not mine because I liked it. Anyway, R&R please, as I said, I'll love you forever. I really will! Thanks.