Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Baby Bonkers ❯ You're getting sleepy ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The next day…
 
Yolei and Ken came over to help around with the house work. Kari was forced to stay bedridden, Jun's orders, and Davis was at work and trying to get time off so he could be there for the arrival of his baby.
 
Even being the big boss had troubles now these days.
 
Yolei and Ken even brought their baby girl over so they wouldn't have to find a sitter. The baby was now resting in the nursery while everyone was busy that afternoon, but once again Veemon was still studying those reality shows; still way in over his head about the new baby coming.
 
Yolei came by carrying a laundry basket, “You know Veemon… if you really want to help out you can pitch in with some of the housework.”
 
Veemon shook his head, “No way! Remember the lasht time I tried to do any of that…?”
 
Veemon had always tried his best with housework, but do to his puny size it wasn't that easy for him. The last time he tried vacuuming, the vacuum cleaner ended up chasing him all around the house.
 
Then there was the time he tried dusting. “Ah… Ah… Ah-AAH… CHOOOOO!!” and he only ended up blowing more dust everywhere than cleaning it.
 
Then there was also the time he had to try and sort the laundry, and by mistake he threw one of Kari's red socks into the white load making all of Davis' white clothes pink.
 
“Beshides… I'm shtill trying to work on other conshtructive ways to help Kari out.” He replied, “Did you know that shome women have their babiesh in the bathtub?”
 
Yolei didn't even bother trying to explain to Veemon that having a baby was okay and that Kari was going to get through okay like she did. She knew he wouldn't sink in.
 
Just then… they both heard Kari calling Yolei from the bedroom. “Yolei… Yolei…!”
 
Veemon and Yolei rushed to Kari's room, but sadly Veemon tripped over his own feet. “Jusht call me two left feet.” he moaned. He couldn't quite here was the girls were talking about, and he immediately assumed once again… “It's time… It's time… Call an ambulansh!” he cried as he began to run in circles.
 
Yolei came back into the living room with a fake smile on her face, “Yes Veemon… it is time…” she said. “Time… to Take the Pot-Roast out of the freezer for dinner!” she snapped. “Will you just chill out?”
 
Veemon sat their rubbing his knee which he had bumped in his fall. “I think we might need an ambulansh anyways.”
 
Late that night…
 
As everyone slept, Veemon once again crept into Kari and Davis bedroom. He was carrying a stop watch. He clicked it on, and then whispered into Davis' ear… “Davish… it's time.”
 
He was hoping that Davis would wake up in response, but he didn't even stir. Veemon tried again, but Davis still didn't move. “DAVISH… IT'S TIME!!” he yelled, causing Davis and Kari to leap up in fright.
 
“What… what is it?!”
 
“What's going on?”
 
Veemon stopped the watch. “Nineteen shecods…? The baby will be half-way out by the time you wake up Davish.”
 
Kari and Davis turned on the light. “Veemon… it's one in the morning.” Davis moaned, “I still have to go to work tomorrow before I'm really off”
 
Kari sighed heavily, “Veemon…” she cried, and “You have got to stop this. The baby will come any day now when it's ready! If you really want to help... please, I beg you… just relax!”
 
Veemon shook his head, “How can you shay that?” he asked, “Anyone would think you're the one having thish baby.”
 
Kari looked up, “I AM THE ONE HAVING THIS BABY!” she yelled. Davis plugged his ears, “Kari… try and take it easy.”
 
Kari moaned and groaned as she lay back down, “Oh… I'm sorry.” she cried, “I'm tired… I'm pregnant… and I don't know how much longer I can take this!”
 
“You left out fat and cranky.” Veemon said.
 
Finally, Kari lost it, “Davis…! Help me up. I'm going to rush him!” she said as she struggled to get out of bed. “Uh oh… I don't think I wanted here anymore.” Veemon said as he dashed for the door.
 
Kari couldn't get up, “No, no… Veemon… you come back here!” she snarled as she threw a pillow at him, she missed. “Forget cranky… try wild.”
 
The next morning…
 
Davis, Kari, and Gatomon were having breakfast. “Hey, has anyone seen Veemon?” Gatomon asked.
 
“Oh we saw him…” Kari said, “Once at one, again at three, and again just before we woke up. He was trying to make sure I wasn't giving birth in my sleep.”
 
Deep down, as much as they hated being disturbed so much, especially late at night. Kari and Davis did think it was sweet that Veemon cared so much. Suddenly, he came into the room looking pretty baggy-eyed. “Morning all…” he said gruffly. “Would shomone mind pouring a whole cup of coffee over my head?”
 
“Veemon… you look awful.” said Gatomon.
 
“Well you should talk, Fur-face!” Veemon snapped at her. Gatomon didn't take it that hard as she knew he didn't mean it. “Did you get any sleep at all last night?” Davis asked.
 
“No… I didn't.” Veemon answered, “Who could shleep at a time like thish?” Everyone else raised their hands up high. “Why do I feel like I'm having thish baby all by myshelf?”
 
Everyone sighed, “Veemon…” Davis said, “We've told you several times over, but I'll try again. We are perfectly capable of handling this birth without you running all over and acting like a nervous wreck.”
 
But when he turned around, Veemon was fast asleep on the table. “Better luck next time.” Gatomon said.
 
Late that night…
 
Veemon was sitting in the baby's room playing a game he called, “Daipy-ball” He was trying to toss all the diapers into the waste-bin from a fair distance, but he was having a really hard time concentrating due to the fact that he hadn't gotten much sleep for a threw past few days.
 
Finally he missed a shot and he knocked over a lamp. “Oh, no…” he groaned.
 
Just then, Kari came into the room, “Veemon…” she said sleepily “What are you doing now?”
 
“Well, I was playing Daipy-Ball… and I think I hit a high shot.” He told her. “What are you doing here anyways?”
 
His eyes bulged, but right before he could jump to another conclusion. “It's not time Veemon. You're high-shot woke me up.”
 
“Shorry…” Veemon said, “I'm trying to do shome things so I don't fall ashleep. I don't want to missh a thing.”
 
Kari shook her head, “Oh, Veemon…” she groaned, “Well if you're going to stay up, please try and keep quiet.” Then she left the room and headed back to bed.
 
Veemon picked up another diaper, but as he tried to take his shot he let out a huge yawn, his eye snapped shut, and then he fell splat on the floor, snoring.
 
He was sleeping so deeply, that he couldn't here Kari and Davis rushing around later that night. “Are you okay?” Davis asked.
 
“Oh… I fine… but I'm having a hard time moving in this condition.” cried Kari. Davis rushed past the open door to the nursery carrying suitcases. “I'll bring the car out front.”
 
Gatomon burst into the room, “Veemon… Veemon it's time. It's really time.” she cried, “They're going to the hospital now.”
 
Veemon didn't even move. Gatomon got down on the floor and tried shaking him. “Veemon, Wake up! It's really time…!” Veemon was completely out of it. Gatomon covered him in a blanket, “Poor little guy…”