Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Baby Bonkers ❯ Smiles for all ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
I know that in the 25 year saga Kari and Davis are supposed to have sons… but I just couldn't resist…
 
CHAPTER FOUR
 
A couple of days later…
 
The blanket on the floor of the baby's room began to stir, as a big lump appeared in the middle. Veemon struggled his way out, and yawned heavily. “Ooh… I musht've dozed off.” He said while rubbing his eyes.
 
Just then, he heard a faint little coo coming from above him in the crib…
 
He gently climbed up and looked over the railings. There in the middle of crib, was something small, cute, and cuddly. It had fuzzy brown hair. It was dressed in fuzzy pink pajamas. Covered in cute little pink blankets and it looked straight up at the little blue creature with crossed eyes while sticking out its tongue.
 
Veemon couldn't believe his little eyes. “What in the world… That was never here before.” He muttered to himself. “DAVISH…” he called.
 
Davis was there in an instant, “Oh, Veemon… you're finally awake.” he said, “Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah… I'm okay, but uh… that thing in the crib… that isn't what I think it is, is it?”
 
Davis nodded, “It sure is…” he said as he gently pulled open the blankest revealing the little baby girl. “Veemon… I'd like you meet my daughter; Nami Hikari Motomiya.”
 
The little baby cooed softly as her daddy rubbed his hands on her belly.
 
“We just brought her home this morning.”
 
Veemon suddenly began to realize, “Wait a minute! Did I missh shomthing?”
 
Davis looked down at him, “Yeah… you did I'm afraid.” He said with pity, “Gatomon tried, and tried to wake you up when we left for the hospital but… you were out like a light. You know you've been asleep for almost three days…?!”
 
Poor little Veemon really couldn't believe it. The biggest event of all, and he slept through the whole thing. “Well… I guessh, maybe you guys really didn't need me after all.”
 
Davis patted his head softly, “I'm so sorry Veemon.” he said, “We still wish you were there with us, but now you see what we meant by you making too big a deal of this?”
 
Veemon nodded, “I guessh I sort of do.” That's when he noticed Davis was looking down at the baby smiling happily. “What are you thinking about?”
 
“Oh… well… I was just thinking about how my mom and dad must've felt when they first had me and Jun… and now… look at me. I'm the father of this little angel.”
 
He rewrapped his daughter in the blankets, picked her up out of the crib and moved into the rocking chair. “I've never sheen you thish happy before.” Veemon said.
 
“Well… of course I'm happy Veemon.” Replied Davis, “We've helped to create a brand new life here… and this is my biggest dream come true.”
 
He was implying to the fact of how he had always dreamed of being with Kari. Now not only was she his wife, but the mother of his child. “Kari's given me the most beautiful gift that I could ever ask for.”
 
Veemon began to look sad a little bit. “I wish I could have kids.” he said. “I never was one hit with all the girl-Digimon in the Digital-World… and was asleep for a long time before you woke me up.”
 
Davis knew how Veemon must've felt, “You can't up hope now Veemon. I mean… think of it, maybe one day you and Gatomon… or… some other Digimon will create new Digi-eggs. In the meantime… we're going to need your help bringing up Nami.”
 
Veemon looked up, “Really…?”
 
“Well yeah…” replied Davis, “I mean who better than to teach her about the Digital-World… all the excitement she'll have one day, and maybe even what kind of Digimon she may want.”
 
Veemon smiled, “Yeah… I guessh I'm jusht the Mon for the job.”
 
Just then, Kari entered the room. She was back to her normal body size too. “Hey..., Veemon… Glad you're awake.” she said.
 
Veemon nodded. “Yeah… Hey… guessh you got a daughter now.”
 
“Yeah… and speaking of which…” she said to Davis, “It's almost time to feed her.”
 
Her husband nodded, implying that they would be right out.
 
Davis gently laid the baby across his lap, and unfolded the blankets revealing her face once more. Kari picked Veemon up so he could get a closer look, “She looksh like Kari…”
 
Kari smiled, “Thanks…”
 
“But then again… everything looksh like Kari to you Davish…”
 
Kari and Davis exchanged sour looks, but their smiles returned as their baby moaned a little as she looked straight at Veemon. Davis held her hand and waved it gently. “Say hi to Veemon, Nami…”
 
Veemon moved a little closer, “Hey Nami… How's it going kiddo?” He paused for a moment, “Hey… she shmiled at me.”
 
Kari kissed Veemon's head, “I'm sure she did.”
 
 
Later that day…
 
Veemon was in the living room, with little Nami strapped into her baby-seat. “Sho that'sh how you're daddy and I met… and we've been together ever shinsh.” he said to her, “His shister Jun took a lot of getting ushed to… but I guess you already know that.”
 
The little baby just kept smiling and sticking her tongue out as she waved her little arms around.
 
“Well anyways… Davish said he needed me to help you learn about thingsh… so I thought I'd start with the bashicsh.” He picked up the remote control, “These are the channel… control… buttonsh.”
 
“And with a flick a shwitch…” he clicked on the TV. “You can put the whole world in front of you.”
 
Oh Veemon…!
 
Author's notes:
 
Well, I have to admit writing fics like this are a little more fun than the other stuff I usually write about… but… don't get used to it…
 
Misery is still the fuel that keeps me going, and thinking.