Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Chemical Burn ❯ Old Friends and Dead Devas ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chemical Burn

Chapter I: Old Friends and Dead Devas

Lady Mars

Disclaimer: I don't own Tamers. It's a sad fact I have to live with, but there's nothing I can do about it. On with the show.

* * *

The demon stood admiring her work. She watched the pulsating colours change and change back in an awe-inspiring fashion. There was no way to control what she had just done, but she didn't care. It was penance for what had caused her to be this way. It was just that she unleashed the demons that had been lurking inside of her for so long on some unsuspecting world. She took one last look at her creation before striding off, tail swishing behind her as she walked. 'And so it has begun.'

* * *

Rika stood in the middle of her bathroom, staring at the reflection. She had just stepped out of the shower and was pondering the same thing she had for the past few months: Renamon. Ever since the Digimon had returned to the Digital world, Rika sorely missed her yellow fox friend. 'I wonder what she's up to.' She stepped out of the bathroom and into the cool air of the outside world. Nothing could quench the desire she had to see her friend again, but there was no way that it would ever be possible. She sighed, this was getting to her again and she wasn't comfortable. She made her way slowly around her house, not really paying attention to anything in particular. She was quickly drawn from her ravine by the harsh cry of her Grandmother. She tore of towards the kitchen, concerned about the woman. She stopped at the door and stared at her Grandmother, who was wielding a large kitchen knife.

"I swear, if you come one step closer," the woman mumbled. Rika turned to see what she was talking too. On the other side of the room stood a rather frightened Renamon. Rika stood bewildered at the sight. It took her a moment, but she shook out of her ravine.

"GRANDMA!" she hollered, staring at the elderly woman. He grandmother turned to look at her.

"Sweetheart, you really shouldn't be here."

"And why not?"

"This thing will hurt you. You go run and get help while I ward it off."

"Grandma, it won't hurt us."

"How can you know?"

"I know because it is a friend of mine." Her grandmother slowly lowered her knife.

"It is?"

"Yes, she is." Renamon slowly started to look relived. "She doesn't mean any harm to you, I swear." Rika motioned for Renamon to move closer to her. The Digimon slowly slid over towards her Tamer, never leaving the watchful eyes of Rika's grandmother.

"How can we be sure?" Renamon raised her hands in surrender.

"I mean no harm to you or your granddaughter," she said quietly. "I am here to protect her from the evils lurking in the outside world." Rika's grandmother stared as the fox and her granddaughter slid out of the room. Rika turned to Renamon.

"What are you doing here? You were supposed to stay in the Digital world."

"There's a problem in the Digital world."
"There is? What is it?"

"It is the greatest evil that has ever knocked on the door of the real world."

"That doesn't answer my question; what is it?"

"I don't know exactly what it is. I've only seen it once and then it was only for a few seconds."

"Did you see enough to give me a description?"

"I think so."

"Ok, what did it look like?"

"It was black, blacker than night. I've never seen anything that dark before. It looked like the top of the knees were on fire. It was really weird. It also had big, yellow gloves and it rattled when it walked."

"It rattled?" Renamon nodded. "What species was it? What on Earth it is?" Renamon sighed.

"It was, it was a…"

* * *

Ryo tore down the stares of his house. He had been reading peacefully until the terrored screams of his mother shook the house. 'I wonder what's got her in such a frenzy…' He swung around the banister and on to the bottom floor of his house. He slid into the kitchen and almost fainted at the sight. Monodramon was standing by the kitchen counter, sniffing at his mother. His mother was staring at the beast, almost ready to scream again.

"DRA!" Ryo shouted. Monodramon turned too look at his Tamer and got excited. He walked over to his Tamer and smiled excitedly. Ryo turned back to his mother.

"What is that thing?" his mother asked fearfully.

"Him? Oh, he's really nothing."

"Nothing? That is not nothing. Nothing just does not waltz into my kitchen and start sniffing me. This is not NOTHING!" Ryo sighed.

"Ok, he is something; something rather important. But, he doesn't poratin to you." The child slowly slid out of the room with Monodramon following him closely. When they finally got outside, he turned back to his Digimon. "Ok Dra, what is going on?" The Digimon stared at him for a moment before answering.

"There is great evil abound," he replied.

"Great evil? I thought we destroyed the D-Reaper."

"We did, but something else has arisen."

"A new evil? What is it?"

"I am not entirely sure. I have yet to see it, but something funny keeps happening around the Digital world."

"What do you mean funny?"

"These things keep opening, allowing Digimon to pass into the real world." Ryo stared at Monodramon.

"Can you show me one?"

* * *

Henry sat in his desk chair looking at his sister, Lopmon, and Terriermon sitting on his bed.

"Now run this by me ONE MORE TIME." Terriermon sighed.

"This thing, I don't know what it is or where it came from, keeps opening digital rifts."

"And what IS a digital rift?"

"It is the passage way between the two worlds."

"And something keeps opening them?" Terriermon nodded. "And what can get through?"

"So far, it's only been us. But it has been a while since we were there and heaven only knows what could have gotten through." Henry sighed.

"This is more complicated than I ever imagined." Suzie looked at her older brother.

"What are we going to do Henry?" she asked quietly. "Should we tell daddy?" Henry's head shot up at the question.

"I don't think we should."

"Why not?"

"Do you remember what happened last time? Dad got called up to come up with a program that has the power to destroy all Digimon. We can't take that risk this time."

"Oh. So what are we going to do?" Henry sat quietly thinking. "Henry?" He didn't answer. "Henry?" He didn't respond.

"HENRY!" Terriermon shouted. Henry looked up. He sighed.

"We'll do the only thing we can do."

"Which is?" Terriermon asked.

"We'll have to fight whatever it is that threatening us." Terriermon smiled. Henry shifted in his chair. "Can you take me to the rift you came through?" Terriermon nodded. "Good. Let's bite this one in the butt."

* * *

Takato sat in the park, by his normal hiding place, thinking. 'I wonder if I'm ever going to see him again.' He sighed.

"Takato, are you ok?"

"Yeah I was just thinking about…" He turned around. "GUILOMON!" He swung his arms around the red dinosaur. "What are you doing here?" Guilomon look at him nervously. "What? What is it?" The Digimon didn't say anything. "What is it? What's going on?" Guilomon didn't respond. "Guilomon? Guilomon!"

"I don't know how to describe it," he replied quietly. "It isn't like anything I've ever seen before." Takato looked closely at his Digimon. Guilomon seemed different; he had lost that certain innocence he had, that unforgettable twinkle in his eye.

"Guilomon?" Takato asked softly. "What's going on?"

"There's something going on out there."
"Something going on?"

"There's something roaming around. It doesn't look good."

"What is it?"

"It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen. It's…It's…It's…"

"What is it?" Guilomon sighed. "What? What's the matter?" Guilomon sighed again.

"It's evil, pure evil. I don't know where it came from, but it seems to be plotting something big."

"Evil? I thought all of the evil went with the D-Reaper. What's going on over there?"

"I would have thought it would have been destroyed, but it's still there. It keeps opening digital rifts and leaving them."

"Digital rifts?"

"A passage between the two worlds." Takato stared at Guilomon for a few moments.

"Is there anything we can do?" Guilomon stared at his tamer.

"Possibly."

"What?"

"We could go back to the Digital world and try to fight it."

"We could." Takato smiled. "We will." Takato stood up. "You lead, I'll follow."

* * *

Kenta and Kazu couldn't believe their eyes. Out of the blue, Marine Angimon and Guardramon had shown up at their standard hang out.

"What are you two doing here?" Kazu asked.

"Evil," Marine Angimon replied. "Evil drove us here."

"Something is causing great havoc in the Digital world," Guardramon added. "It is worse than anything I've ever seen."

"What is it?" Kenta asked.

"We're not sure," Marine Angimon replied. "I haven't seen it and all Guardramon has seen is a blur."

"Has it attacked anyone?"

"Not that I know of. But whatever it is seems to be causing quite a stir among the other Digimon." Kenta looked at Kazu.

"What are we going to do?" Kazu shrugged.

"What can WE do?" Kazu replied.

"I don't know, that's why I ASKED YOU."

"Ok, arguing will get us nowhere. We need to come to a logical solution, and fast." Kenta nodded.

"There is one thing we can do," Marine Angimon added quietly.

"What?" Kenta questioned.

"We could take you back to the Digital world." Kenta looked at Kazu.

"That would work," Kazu said.

"Yes, it would." They sat in silence for a few moments.

"Well are we going or are we going to sit around here all day like this?" Marine Angimon asked. Kenta slowly got up.

"Well, let's get to it."

* * *

"It's the worst thing I've ever seen." Impmon's Jersey accent rang through the silent room. "It was lanky and tall, very tall." Ai and Makato stared at their Digimon.

"Doesn't everything seem tall to you?" Ai asked.

"Yeah but…"

"And what do you mean by lanky?" Makato asked.

"It's thin, but not like stick thin. It's got curves and some muscle, but not as much as you would expect on one of those."

"What else was different about it?" Ai asked again.

"It was black, blacker than black. It was so dark; I wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for those electric yellow gloves. It also rattled when it walked."

"Rattled?"

"Yeah, kind of like the noise chains make when you shake them."

"That's weird."

"Yeah. It also seemed pissed off at something, so I wasn't even going to ask what its problem was." The trio sat in silence.

"How did you get back here?" Makato asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know what it is, but I can show it to ya'." The pair nodded. "Well then, follow me."

* * *

Jeri sighed, thinking about her lost Digimon. It had been a while since she had lost Leomon, but it still hurt. Never a day passed that she missed the lion. 'I wish he would come back,' she thought sadly.

"Jeri?" She turned to see the small white form of Calumon approaching.

"Calumon?" she questioned. "How did you get here?"

"The colour thingie let me through."

"Colour thing?"

"Yeah. It was pretty, so I went to get a better look at it and then I was here." Jeri looked at him curiously.

"A colour thing dropped you here?" Calumon nodded exuberantly. "Can you show it to me?" He nodded again.

"Follow me!" Jeri followed the white ball of energy through the park. 'What have I gotten myself into?' she thought.

* * *

Rika scanned the area.

"This is where you came trough?" Renamon phased in next to the girl.

"Yes, this is it." She continued to scan the area.

"I don't see anything."

"Are you sure this is it?" Rika turned to see Henry, Suzie, Terriermon, and Lopmon coming out of the trees. Henry stopped short when he saw Rika. "I take it we're not the only ones with company."

"I'd guess not." Rika spun around to see Ryo approaching. "I'd fancy a guess that the others will be coming soon too."

"Too late," Rika mumbled.

"Too late?"

"We're all ready here." Ryo turned to his left to see the remaining Tamers standing next to him. The Tamers looked at each other.

"So what exactly is going on here?" Takato asked.

"I'm not sure," Henry said. "But I bet it has something with the Digital rift they all came through and the thing that is terrorizing the Digital world."

"Digital rift?"

"It's a the passage way between the two worlds that the Digimon traveled through."

"Are they the only ones who came through?" Ryo asked.

"I don't ….." Henry was cut short.

"HORN OF DESOLATION!" The Tamers and Digimon scattered away from the attack. Out of a mist that had been the attack, appeared Indramon.

"What?" Rika shouted. "I thought we destroyed all of the Devas!"

"I thought we did too!" Henry shouted back.

"If we did, then what is this?" Takato shouted back. Henry shrugged and turned to get a better look at the Deva. He didn't look the same as the first time they had fought him. He was pale, almost white, with a hollow look coming from his eyes.

"I don't think this is the same Deva as we fought before," Henry mumbled. Rika stared at him in disbelief.

"If it isn't, then what IS IT?" she growled.

"I'm not sure." The Tamers stood in awe as the horse went to attack again.

"CHEMICAL BURN!" An orange ring surrounded the Deva and small fireballs flew up and pelted him. He let out an agonizing screech. "Had enough yet horsie?" Out of the forest immerged a creature as black as night. Its piercing purple eyes stared at the Deva. The yellow gloves rattled as it walked because of the small chains of balls attached to the top of the gloves and to two red crossing bands half way down the length of the gloves. The bottom was set off by a cuff at the wrist and a set of orange rings that sat upon it; the red bands around its waist and thighs matched the red flames that poke out of the top of it's gloves and kissed the white fur of it's feet. The deep orange of the fur on it's chest danced in the comet shaped markings under it's eyes and swayed in the wind as the tail moved. The silver shade on it's tail and the tip of it's ears, along with the yellow scar over it's right eye and the purple bar in it's right ear, showed signs of wear from many battles from days before. It was a fighter, without a doubt in any of the Tamer's minds. It had marring black scars over the white fur of its hands and feet and the silver claws on its hands were short, sharp, and glistening in the sun. The creature stared at the Deva defiantly.

"It can't be," Renamon mumbled.

"What can't be?" Rika asked.

"That," Renamon replied. "That.. That thing is what has been running around the Digital world. That's…that's…" She was unable to finish her sentence out of fear. The creature crossed its arms in front of its face, preparing to attack again; the Deva stared down at it.

"Bring it on, horse face."

* * *