Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Chemical Burn ❯ You Better Run ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chemical Burn

Chapter II: You Better Run

Lady Mars

Disclaimer: I don't own Tamers. It's a sad fact I have to live with, but there's nothing I can do about it. On with the show.

* * *

The horse deva stared down at the black Digimon.

"You dare defy me?" he hissed.

"You escaped," the Black Digimon replied. "You must be punished for your wrong doings." The horse snorted.

"How can something so small and of suck a weaker level could possibly do that?"

"You doubt my abilities?" The horse didn't reply. "YOU DOUBT MY ABILTIES?"

"Yes. You are clearly incapable of comprehending the kind of danger you are in." The demon snorted; Indramon grew angry at this action. "What? What is it that I've said that you find so amusing?"

"You doubt my abilities and now you think that you can be any sort of danger to ME? HA! You MUST be full of yourself. I CREATED you. And you think that you are any danger to me? HA! You have got to bet the most delusional creature this side of the Digital World. What makes you think that YOU can order ME around? HA! I have never seen defiance like this, but that won't change anything. You have defied me, crossed the wrong line, and now you must suffer the consequences!" Indramon didn't seem afraid of the demon's statements.

"You seriously think you can defeat me?"

"Beyond a shadow of a doubt."

"Are you sure?"

"You are weaker than you deem yourself to be, so yes I am." Indramon snorted.

"Do you know what you are going up against?"
"Absolutely. I created you, REMEMBER? You pose NO threat to my kind." Indramon looked down the end of his long nose at the demon, his so called creator. The demon shifted its weight awaiting the attack of the Deva. "Are you just going to stand there all day, or are you going to actually TRY to attack me?" Indramon snorted.

"Fine then." The horse shifted its cumbersome horn around to the front of its body. "Horn of Desolation!" The blast shot towards the demon, but it made no move to avoid the attack. The beam hit the demon dead on and created a blinding flash that showered the area. When the thing dust began to settle, the deva stepped backwards a few steps, a shocked look spreading a cross his face. From the haze, the dark form of the demon reappeared. "How… how… how… How is this possible?" The demon started brushing the dust out of its fur. "No one has ever survived that attack." The demon stared at Indramon.

"Did you not hear me or can you not comprehend what I am saying? I created you. I am more powerful than you. It has always been this way and will never change. Now you have tow choices my foolish friend. You can return to the Digital World with me and we can sort out your problems there or you can opt to stay here, have me delete your sorry ass, and rebuild you once AGAIN! So what's your poison?" The Deva stared down at it.

"You will have to delete me to gain my compliance."

"Fine." The demon shifted, its tail dragging in the dirt behind it. It raised its long arms about its head and stared at the Deva. "This is your last chance to back out." Indramon didn't reply to the statement. "Your loss. CHEMICAL BURN!" The fireballs pelted the horse endlessly. The attacked ended after a few seconds and nothing seemed any different on Indramon.

"Was that the best you could do?" The demon snorted.

"You underestimate me." It pointed towards the deva's feet; he was disappearing at a rapid rate. "I told you, submit or be deleted." The horse slowly disappeared from the Tamers' sights. The demon watched intently as a few data streams floated around its silver claws. "You were a good Deva," it whispered. "You would have been prefect had you not disobeyed me. And now I have to start all over again. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more agreeable to my ways. If I can't find one that will obey, I may have to just create one who will always be loyal to me." The Tamer's just stood watching it.

"What do we do now?" Terriermon asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Renamon replied.

"WHAT?" Henry belted out. "How can we do nothing when this thing is releasing Devas in the real world?"

"You did see what she did to that Deva, didn't you?" Renamon retorted.

"Yes," Henry replied. "But what does that have to do with anything?"

"She wouldn't hesitate to do that to one of us. As far as we're concerned, she sees us as nothing more than a nuisance standing in her way; someone interfering with her plot and getting in the way of her plans. Nothing can get in her way, nothing will. She will step on anything that tries."

"How do you know all of this?" Rika asked.

"Yes Renamon, why DON'T you tell them how you know all of this." The Tamers turned their attention to the black Digimon. "Or shall I do it for you?"

"How many times do I have to tell you Chem, this isn't they way to be going about doing things!"

"You can tell me all you want, but it isn't going to change my ways anytime soon."

"Who is that?" Rika asked.

"Chemical Burn at your service Madame Tamer."

"Chemical Burn?" Takato asked.

"It's what they started calling me because of the way I look. They say I look like I've been through some sort of chemical ringer, so I took up the name Chemical Burn."

"Chem, you shouldn't be doing this!" Renamon continued.

"Why shouldn't I?!" She snapped back. "You have no idea what I've been through! He deserves everything that is coming to him and YOU KNOW THAT!"

"But this isn't the way to be doing it!" Chemical Burn stood for a moment.

"Maybe you're right, Renamon. There are other ways. Thank you, you have shown me the right path to take." Chemical Burn turned back to the Digital rift. "Until next time Tamers there is one thing that you must know." The Tamers stared at her blankly. "When the burn comes for you, you better run." She stepped into it and the rift disappeared. The Tamers turned to Renamon.

"What exactly is going on here?" Impmon asked.

"The coming of a new dawn," Renamon mumbled.

* * *

Chemical Burn sailed along the data streams, returning to the Digital World. 'Maybe Renamon's right, maybe there is an easier way to get to him. Indramon's sacrifice will not be in vain for I shall build a better Deva and start the invasion. First the Digital World will collapse, then he shall come begging for my forgiveness and I will have him right where I want him. Nothing can stop me now.'

* * *