Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Children of Destiny ❯ Troubled Waters ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Children of Destiny

a/n: Well, here's chapter 2! Read and review!

Disclaimer: Don't own most of it…just the new characters that I created. You all know which ones they are…(and if you don't, you have no business suing me anyways!)

~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~

Sunlig ht filtered through the window, dancing across the young woman's face. Her eyelashes fluttered, and she slowly blinked her eyes open, glancing around the room.

"TK?" She called softly, "You home?"

There was no answer. Hikari Takaishi climbed out of bed, wrapping a robe around her slender form and walking into the kitchen, looking for her husband. He wasn't there, just like she'd expected. Lately, he'd been spending More time out on "business" that at home. Kari was beginning to wonder where he was all the time.

"Oh TK…." She sighed, "Where are you?"

Feeling tears welling up in her eyes, Kari walked back to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. Opening the closet, she dug around for a few minutes, looking for something special. Finally, she found it.

Pulling out a large box, Kari sat in the middle of the floor and opened it slowly, as if afraid it would shatter at any second. She pulled out a small box from the top of the box and opened it slowly. Smiling faintly to herself, she pulled out a worn stack of papers and read the one sitting on the top. Of course, she didn't have to read it; she had already memorized it.

It was a love letter from TK. He had written it to her back while they were still in junior high. When they'd first realized that they were in love.

~*:~Flashback~*:~

A young brown-haired girl sat in class, trying to pay attention to the lesson, but there was something distracting her. That something was actually a someone, who happened to be sitting next to her at that very moment. She always found it hard to pay attention to anything when he was near her. TK Takaishi.

Ever since their adventures in Digiworld, the two of them had been close friends, hardly ever apart from eachother. It was obvious to everyone else that they liked eachother, they were the only people who didn't seem to realize it.

'I wonder if something's wrong…' Kari thought to herself, watching TK out of the corner of her eye, 'He seems…nervous."

TK shifted uncomfortably in his seat, glancing at Kari sideways. They made eye contact, and Kari took the opportunity to give him a questioning look.

'Are you ok?" Kari mouthed, giving him a worried look.

TK gave her a reassuring smile and nodded. She noticed however, a folded piece of paper he was holding tightly in his hand. He seemed to be squeezing it kind of hard…

'What's that?' She mouthed, nodding toward his hand. TK gave her an almost scared look and looked at the paper in his hand. He took a deep breath, and shoved it toward her, looking as if he already regretted the action.

"It's for you." He whispered to her, looking like he was trying to decide whether or not to try to find a very large rock to hide under.

Kari took the paper and slowly unfolded it, curiosity killing her. She finally got it open and looked at the writing on the paper, written in TK's neat cursive handwriting.

Dear Kari,
I have to ask you something. I can't think of easy way to tell you this, so I'm just going to say it straight out. I like you. I mean, I really REALLY like you. I think I might even love you. And I was hoping you would maybe…go out with me. Please tell me how you feel, Kari, because I can't wait any longer… Do you like me too, or am I just a friend?
Love,
TK Takaishi

Kari read the letter three or four times before she could find the courage to look at TK. He looked about ready to die of embarrassment, worry, or both. They looked at eachother, tension building, for what seemed like hours.

"Kari, if you don't feel the same way I'll understand." TK whispered dejectedly. He started turning to face the front of the class, but Kari stopped him.

Leaning in, she turned his face toward hers with a gloved hand and looked into his deep blue eyes. Eyes she had been staring into lovingly for what seemed like her entire life. By now, several people had caught on to what was happening and had turned to watch. The teacher however, was still completely clueless.

"TK?" Kari asked softly.

"Yeah?" He replied, still looking worried.

"I love you." She whispered. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she leaned forward and kissed him on the lips, getting lost in the feeling she had been waiting to experience forever.

Several whistles and cheers erupted in the classroom, catching the teacher's attention finally.

"Mr. Takaishi! Ms. Kamiya! What do you think you're doing?" The teacher exclaimed, "You two both have detention, go report to the office, NOW!"

"Yes sir." Kari said, sounding slightly dazed. She and TK picked up their things and walked out of the room without another word, hardly able to breathe, let alone speak. A few giggles could be heard from the classroom, but neither of them noticed.

Once they were in the hallway the two teens stopped and looked at eachother. Kari raised her eyebrows while TK glanced at his shoes.

"So…" They both said at the same time.

"You really like me?" TK asked.

"You really like ME?" Kari answered with the same question. They both stared at eachother for a few seconds before nodding their heads.

"Yeah." TK said, "I really like you. I have forever…ever since digiworld."

"Me too." Kari replied simply, "Always."

~*:~End Flashback~*:~

Kari smiled to herself, closing the box of letters carefully and setting it aside. She looked into the larger box sitting on the floor in front of her and reached inside, carefully pulling something out. It was her wedding dress.

The second she saw it, the tears began to fall and she fought to keep quiet, not wanting to wake her kids up. Standing up, she gathered the dress up in her arms and carried it over to her bed. Laying down next to the beautiful white dress, she cried silently, wondering what had gone wrong.

"What did I do wrong TK?" She asked softly, "I love you so much...why is our marriage falling apart like this? Everyone always knew we were meant to be, but shouldn't "meant to be" last forever? What did I do to make you fall out of love with me?"

Kari lay there, unmoving, tears streaming down her face, staring at the dress in front of her. No longer able to control it, a sob escaped her lips, and she hoped desperately that her children couldn't hear her.

"TK...I don't want to lose you."

~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~

a/n: Before you Takari fans start throwing various fruits and vegetables at me, listen to what I have to say. This fic WILL BE TAKARI. Ok? So none of you people going "AAHHHH!!! Make it a Takari!!!" ...It is a Takari. Got it? Wonderful.... Thanks for taking the time to read this! Please review!!!!
~TS