Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Children of Destiny ❯ Uninvited ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Children of Destiny


a/n: This chapter kind-of bugs me......I'm not sure why.... Please tell me what you think!

Disclaimer: Own some of it, don't own the rest. You all know which is which.

*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*

The everyday sound of cars driving by, horns honking, phones ringing, and talking faded into the background as he stared at a picture of her. The young man allowed his mind to wander...but everywhere it went all it could find was her face.

"Why can't I get you off my mind?" He whispered softly to the picture of his wife, "I'm so in love with you I can hardly breathe!"

He sighed heavily, brushing a hand through his unruly blond hair and reaching for the phone.

"I've got to call her." He told himself with resolve. But before he got a chance to lift the phone from the receiver...it rang.

"Good morning, Takaishi & Kamachi, how may I help you?" TK said, trying to sound convincing.

"Hey little bro. How's it going at the law firm?" A familiar voice said over the line, bringing a rare smile to the weary man's face.

"Hey Matt." TK answered, sounding as if his burden had been lightened just by the sound of his voice, "Things at the firm are.....stressful. How are you?"

"That's what I called to ask you." Matt answered, concern evident in his voice, "You don't sound too good."

"Oh really?" TK asked, avoiding the question, "Well that's odd, because I'm just fine."

"Oh please," Matt said, sounding slightly annoyed, "Don't even try to lie to me little bro. You know can see right through you."

Upon hearing this, TK managed a weak laugh. It was true of course. They just knew eachother too well, "You're right, but I don't want to bother you with my problems."

"What problems?" Matt asked, "I don't mind TK, I really want to know what's going on. You're not bothering me."

Upon hearing this, TK blurted out, "Matt, I don't want to end up like our parents did!"

"What are you talking about? TK, you and Kari aren't having problems, are you?" Matt asked, hitting right on the mark.

A hint of anguish bled into the young Man's voice as he told his brother all about the trouble he and his wife had been having, "It's just little things most of the time. A mess in the kitchen, neglecting to do something. But lately it's gotten worse. I've been staying at work late and spending less and less time at home. I hate to see her so upset with me!"

"I can't believe this." Matt said, "You two seemed so happy."

"We were, " TK stated desperately, "I'm so scared! I can't lose her, Matt."

"TK, listen to me. That will never happen. You two love eachother too much to let anything come between you!" Matt exclaimed, hardly believing what he was hearing, "I've never seen two people so deeply in love with eachother."

TK was silent for a moment before saying, "I know I still love, but what if she's fallen out of love with me?"

TK sounded so lost and scared to Matt...it reminded to their early days in the Digiworld. He felt his heart breaking, hearing his little brother sounding so upset, "Never happen." Matt said, shaking his head even though TK couldn't see him, "I know Kari still loves you. I'd bet my life on it. Don't ever doubt that."

"Thanks Matt." TK said, his voice noticeably calmer, "I've got to call Kari. I don't want to do the same thing to my kids that happened to us, Matt. I won't."

"I know TK." Matt said, "I won't keep you though. Call Kari. Make sure you tell her that you love her."

"I will." The younger of the two brothers said, "Bye Matt."

"Seeya."

TK hung up the phone slowly and looked at the picture of Kari again, 'She's so beautiful.' He thought to himself, 'Like an angel. My angel of Light...'

TK reached for the phone with one thought on his mind, "I'm NOT going to lose you."
*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*

The park was crowded, overflowing with people. Most likely due to the fact that it was the weekend, but also because it was the beginning of summer. School had been out for little over a week, and kids were making the most of much anticipated freedom.

Aimee Ishida walked down a paved pathway through Odaiba Memorial Park, heading toward the lake. It was her favorite place in the entire world, and she often sat by the lake for hours just watching people. Today she had her sketchbook tucked protectively under one arm, and she planned to do some drawing, once she got to the lake. One of her hobbies was drawing people. Just anyone who happened to walk by at any given moment. She had book just FULL of people she had never met. Aimee was fascinated by people.

The young girl absently tucked back a lock of blond hair, blinking her eyes as she walked through a break in the trees and into a patch of sunlight. Just an ordinary girl? Maybe...but probably not.

"Heads up Ishida!" A voice yelled, and Aimee looked up just in time to see the black and white soccer ball flying toward her face. Unfortunately, she didn't look up in time to get out of the way.

**Thwack** Aimee landed flat on her back with a thud and a surprised yelp, "Makoto Kamiya, you are going to DIE!" Screamed from her current horizontal position.

A brown haired girl ran over to where the blond was still laying and picked up her soccer ball, a poorly hidden smirk plastered on her face, "Oops."

A boy ran up behind her, grinning openly, and said, "Hi Aimee...er...it wasn't me."

"Don't worry Lee." Aimee growled, glaring at Makoto, "I know who it was."

Makoto offered her a hand to help her up, but Aimee ignored it and stood up on her own, brushing off her short black skirt, "You'd better watch it Makoto."

"Hey!" The girl exclaimed, beginning to get angry herself, "I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Yeah right." Aimee said, picking up her sketchbook and scattered pencils off the path.

"Fine! I don't care if you believe me or not!" Makoto yelled.

"If you don't care, the why are you yelling?!" Aimee yelled back, about two inches away from the shorter girl's face.

"I'm not yelling!" Makoto practically screamed.

Deciding that this conflict might end up getting bloody, Lee stepped between the two girls thinking, 'Man...if looks could kill...'

Pushing them apart lightly, he stepped back and stared at them, "Why can't you two get along?"

Makoto shrugged while Aimee uttered a feeble, "Whatever."

Lee sighed, "Never mind."

*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*

Kari sniffed a few times and wiped her eyes, sitting up on her bed. She looked at her wedding dress one last time before gathering it up in her arms, carrying it back to the box, and folding it neatly inside. She repacked the letters into the box, and put it back
it back in her closet.

Getting dressed, Kari looked at her clock out of the corner of her eye, noting the fact that it was nearly lunchtime.

"I've got to talk to TK." She said to herself softly, "Maybe I can catch him before he leaves the office for lunch. I can't live like this, and I can't lose him."

Nodding to herself decidedly, she walked out of her bedroom in the living room, "Sky? Cor? Where are you guys?"

"Kitchen." She heard her daughter's voice calling from around the corner. Wiping the remaining tears from her eyes she walked into the kitchen. Corran was standing at the stove with a frying pan in one hand, and Kari could hear the eggs sizzling inside of it. Sky was sitting on the edge of the counter to the right of him, and she turned her gaze to meet her mother's as the young woman walked into the room.

The scene reminded Kari of something, and it took her a moment to figure out what it was. Then she remembered. Smiling slightly, Kari thought back to a time so many tears ago, 'Tai used to cook breakfast for me…just like the day we found our first digiegg."

"Are you ok mom?" Corran asked, sounding concerned. Kari looked up to find two pairs of eyes staring back at her.

'Sky's eyes look so much like her father…so deep and full of life." Suddenly Kari realized that Corran was still expecting an answer from her.

"What? Oh yeah…I'm ok." She said quickly. The way the twins caught eachother's eyes did not go unnoticed by their mother, and she sighed heavily.

"Do you want breakfast mom?" Corran asked finally, breaking the uncomfortable silence. This question finally snapped Kari out of it and she shook her head,

"No, that's ok. I'm going to meet your father for lunch." Kari said, puling on her coat and slipping her feet into her shoes, "I'll be back later. Are you guys going anywhere today?"

"We're supposed to meet `Koto and Lee at the park…" Sky glanced at her watch, "…half an hour ago."

"Ok, ok." Kari said, "Be back before dinner, and have Makoto say hi to her dad for me."

"I will." Sky assured her mother.

"Thanks hon." Kari said gratefully as she walked out the door, "Bye kids."

"Bye mom." The twins said in unison as she waved and shut the door behind her. Corran sighed.

Kari walked down the hallway to the elevator and rode it down to where her car was parked outside. Within moments she was pulling out of the parking lot and driving toward her husband's law firm. Glancing at the clock she thought, 'If I don't run into traffic I should be able to get there in time.'
*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*
TK began dialing his home phone number, but before he finished the sequence of numbers he stopped and hung up the phone.

"What am I doing?" He asked himself, hitting his forehead on his desk, "I don't even know what to say.

"What to say to who?"

TK jumped in surprise, whipping around to see who had walked into his office without him noticing. He was not slightly pleased when he saw his secretary standing in the doorway.

"Oh, Tiffany." He said dully, "What are you doing in here?" The tall, blond woman shrugged her shoulders and smiled. TK groaned.

"You still haven't answered my question Takeru." She said, putting emphasis on his name, "What to say to who?"

"You know Tiffany, that really isn't any of your business." TK said, his voice hinting that she should leave. However Tiffany didn't know how to take a hint. Instead, she planted herself on the corner of his desk. TK glanced at her and rolled his eyes toward the ceiling.

"Tiffany, are you going to leave, or am I going to have to call security again?" He asked his secretary, beginning to get seriously irritated.

"That won't be necessary." She said slowly. And then, without warning, she leaned forward and kissed TK squarely on the lips…

......................to be continued

*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*:~*
a/n: I just know I'm going to get flamed for this. But let me remind you, as I said before, this will end as a Takari. *sigh* Please review...
~TS