Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of a Tamer ❯ Confessions of a Tamer ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon. I am merely a fan of the first two seasons, and a big fan of Guilmon.So no sue, plzkthxbai.
 
Confessions of a Tamer
 
When I created Guilmon, and he appeared before my eyes, I felt a mixture of emotions. Watching as he blasted away the rats that had terrified me, I had suddenly felt more fear, believing he would destroy me too. My fear was short lived when I felt him sniff at my hair, before nuzzling me affectionately. I could feel my cheeks heat up.
 
`He's… mine…' I thought excitedly. `I created him… my very own Digimon!'
 
When I snuck him home in a cardboard box, I showed him my room. Guilmon sniffed at some of my schoolbooks before nudging them off my desk.
 
“Hey!” I scolded gently. “Don't do that, Guilmon…”
 
Guilmon tilted his head to the side and looked at me in confusion. It was so cute, I almost had a nosebleed.
 
“Guilmon?” he asked.
 
I explained to him that my mother would yell at me if my room was in disarray and that she wouldn't understand me having a big dinosaur in my room. When he asked about his name, I confirmed that he was Guilmon, and that I was Takato.
 
“Ta…” he sounded out. “…ka…to…mon?”
 
I almost fell over. His naivety was already so adorable, but I had to explain to him that I was a human, not a digimon. I was soon summoned down to dinner, and later that night, I slept with Guilmon snuggled beside me, hidden from sight. It was the first time I had slept with a smile on my face.
 
`Guilmon,' I thought to myself. `I hope we can be together forever.'
 
The next morning, I had to hide Guilmon somewhere while I went to school, explaining that I would be back after to play with him.
 
“Play now!” he said, looking so adorable.
 
I had to tell him no, but I left him with some food. After showing him how to eat it, I reluctantly dragged myself to school. My chest clenched tightly when I heard him howl softly, whimpering my name, followed by the -mon suffix.
 
`I'm sorry,' I thought sadly. `I wish I could stay with you all day.'
 
It would appear he'd come to see me at school, because I caught a glimpse of the same cardboard box I had smuggled him home in, and when I heard the principal's story of a monster, I knew it was him. However, every time I searched for him, I couldn't find him. I began to fear the worst, until I found myself heading for the roof. Sure enough, Guilmon was sitting near the edge, staring up at the sky.
 
“Guilmon…” I choked out, tears filling my eyes as he turned around and smiled at me. “Guilmon!”
 
We began to run towards each other, like a scene out of those old cheesy romantic movies. Guilmon leapt into the air and came down atop me, bringing me to the ground.
 
“Takato-mon!” he exclaimed excitedly. “You came!”
 
He began licking my face, to which I struggled to get him to stop, and when he did, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. Confused, Guilmon licked away my tears, while I just threw my arms around him.
 
“Takato-mon…” he said softly. “Your eyes are leaking.”
 
Later that night, I took Guilmon to the park, and searched for a place to hide him. It didn't take long before I found a stormwater drain which had long been sealed, no longer in use. The perfect hiding place for Guilmon, I told him to stay and I would be back later with some food for him.
 
“Hey Guilmon…” I said, returning with two bags of food. “It's chow time! I even bought peanut bu—AAAH!”
 
I noticed the inside had been dug out. Guilmon had obviously been busy renovating.
 
“Guilmon!” I exclaimed. “What did you DO to this place?”
 
He stood up from the massive hole in the middle and looked at me sleepily.
 
“I made it bigger…” he said with a yawn. “Now I'm really small.”
 
I smiled at him.
 
“I think…” I began. “…you mean sleepy.”
 
Slowly, my Digimon began approaching me.
 
“Mmmm…” he purred softly. “Sleepy-bye nappy-time, Takato-mon…”
 
With those words, he began to nuzzle me, and I felt his weight upon me as he brought me down under him, giving soft snores as he slept.
 
“That's it…” I grumbled. “No more peanut butter for you…”
 
I suddenly noticed how cute he was, even when sleeping. My heart began to flutter, and I realised that even though I had created him, and even though he was a Digimon, I had already fallen in love with him. Letting my arms wrap around his red frame, I gently pressed my lips to his cheek, before closing my eyes.
 
“Goodnight…” I whispered. “Sweet dreams, Guilmon.”
 
 
The End