Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cooking Up Love ❯ Funny, ain't it? ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

O.K., this is my first attempt at a Yamasuke. ::waits for laughter:: ::people smile, trying not to:: Fine, be reluctant. But I always have my way... Remember people, this is Yaoi. If this offends you, please hit the back button on your browser.
d/c: I don't own any characters from Digimon.
Cooking Up Love
"And so if I add some flour and some dish soap to the.." He took a sniff. It didn't smell like anything. He shrugged and added it in. "And if I add this then my pie should turn out to be better then if I added food into it." The mahogany haired boy put his mix into the microwave and waited.
"Daisuke?"
"Yeah?"
"Um, your not supposed to put metal in the microwave.." Takeru said slowly. Daisuke sighed.
"Takeru, you're too much of a worry wart. It'll be..."
BAM!
Smoke filled the room as the microwave exploded, sending sparks everywhere. Immediately, some kid pulled the fire alarm, sending everyone into a panic.
"C'mon people!" Daisuke coughed over the screaming. "It's a little smoke!"
"Daisuke?"
"Yeah?"
"Your shoe lace is on fire." Daisuke looked down.
"Ah, so it is."
"Uh huh."
"O.K., I'll just stomp on it." Normally, this would have worked, but since this author simply felt like adding it in for on apparent reason, Daisuke's entire shoe caught fire.
"Hot."
"Uh huh."
"K, let's go."
"O.K."
Needless to say, the two boys ran outside as fast as they could. When outside, Daisuke got off his shoe as fast as he could, in hopes that his rubber soles wouldn't melt into his feet.
He finally got them off, after ferocious struggle, and they stayed off. They also stayed on fire.
"DAISUKE MOTOMIYA!!!!!!!!" The foods teacher shouted. Daisuke gulped as she stalked her way over to him, looking homicidal.
"That..." She breathed, her hair sticking up at all ends. "is the 7th this month you have blown up the foods lab, 16th time this year. Until you can cook something without blowing up the kitchen YOU ARE BANDED FROM THE ROOM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR?!" She demanded.
"Yes Ms." Daisuke replied. She stalked away angrily, like most teachers do.
"Crap, Daisuke." Takeru said.
"What?"
"This class is going to show on your report card, and concidering you can't go into the food lab.." Daisuke's eyes went wide.
"Crap! I'm going to get 5%!"
"Exactly!"
"Takeru, what do it do?!" Daisuke demanded, looking at him with teary eyes. He dove for Takeru's legs, hugging them tightly.
"Oh Takeru, I dun wanna fail!!" He cried. Takeru sighed, patting Daisuke's head gingerly, and closing his blue eyes.
"I see..." He said slowly, touching his forehead. "A kitchen. A person with blond hair. You. Making things."
"Is the kitchen still in one piece?" Daisuke asked hopefully, raising his eyes to Takeru's face.
"Hm. Yeah, I think it's still there. The blond person is..." He clapped his hands as he came out of his 'trance.' "The one and only my brother, Yamato Ishida."
Daisuke let go of Takeru's legs and pushed himself away, like he was poison.
"Yamato?"
"Yeah." Takeru eyed his maliciously. "Unless you want to learn from Taichi, whose record you broke, by the way." Takeru sighed. "I just think Yamato is the only one with a hope of teaching you."
"But Yamato isn't patient! He'd kill me!" Dai-chan cried. Takeru shrugged.
" Yeah, but he's on hell of a cook!" He grinned. "Besides, either you die you or get 5%.."
Daisuke sighed. Takeru had a point.
"Fine. Talk it up with your brother."
*************************
"Daisuke Motomiya? Teach Daisuke Motomiya to cook?" Yamato asked again, making sure he hadn't miss heard Takeru. His brother nodded. He sighed.
"Look, Daisuke is... well, Daisuke, and I'd love to help him but he needs more help then I can give him."
"You helped Taichi." Takeru pointed out. Yamato sighed, swishing around the caffeine free pop in his cup.
"Yes, but Takeru, I just barely made it in time to save that poor soul. Daisuke broke Taichi's record. I don't know if I can help someone like that." Takeru gave his brother a begging look from the other side of the couch.
"C'mon, Daisuke's our friend, and I think you should help him. I mean, he'll fail the grade if he doesn't pass!" He sighed.
"Look Takeru, no matter what they tell you, I value my life and my kitchen. Now, it's apparent Daisuke doesn't value his, because once he put rat poison in his mix and nearly ate it. But I don't want some kind of suicidal manic in my kitchen." Takeru sighed.
"If you pay attention to him 24/7 and label everything then he'll be fine! C'mon 'nisan!!!" He exclaimed. Yamato cringed. Then, he sighed.
"Fine. But if he puts anything in what he creates that can kill me then I'll kill him." Takeru cheered.
"Domo arigoto!"
Yamato sighed. He didn't even want to think about what he was getting himself into...
_______________________________________________________________ _______________
Short, I know. The next chapters will be longer. This is just kind of a prologue almost. But, anyway, review if you have anything to say.
Lilac
Proud Supporter of PDM