Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Death Of A Leader ❯ Death Of A Leader ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Death Of A Leader
by ShadowWarriorJessica


Darkness. Silence. Loneliness. He ran through of what it seemed like a black hole with his heart pounding faster and faster every second. The panting and heavy breathing was heard in the darkness. Blood drenched his white gloves. It was his blood which exploded in his veins. Voices came in his head. His friends voices which were telling him what a coward he was. He strained to ignore the words, but the more he tried, the louder they would become. Figures appeared in his head. Images of all his friends leaving him to die and suffer. Even his secret love left him. He couldn't take the pressure. Sweat dripped down his stressed looking face. Then a voice appeared out of the darkness. The voice was hard and cold.

"YOU WILL NEVER WIN. JUST QUIT NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH."

The stone cold voice was very persuasive. The young teen put his blood stained gloves up to his jean pocket and pulled out a red pocket knife. He pulled out of it the sharpest blade possible and held it to his chest and injected it in him. The bloody pocket knife fell to the bos sneakers as he fell to his knees in agony and pain. The last thing he heard before he plunged to his death was the evil laughter of success...

******

Tai awoke in a puddle of sweat. He shot up and glanced at his hands and chest. No blood. His heavy breathing became gentle sobs as he sat there trying to block out the nightmare. He looked up and spotted the sun rising over the horizon. The colors made Tai think of his friends: the blue sky for Matt, the green on the trees for Mimi. The night sky for Joe, and the area where blue and dark blue came together for a purple color for Izzy. the color of the sun for TK, and the pink around the sun for Kari. And the red with the pink around the sun is for his true love, Sora. He wiped his warm tears off of his face. Just then, moaning and yawning was heard in the distance. He turned to see all of his friends sit up and stretch out.

"Good Morning Everyone." Izzy said following a yawn.

The digimon woke up and yawned for a minuet or two. Matt got up and walked over to the lake to wash up and get ready to make breakfast.

"I had a hard time sleeping. I want a bed and some pajamas!" Mimi protested.

"Well, sorry that we can't just buy one around here for you Mimi." Joe replied to her sarcastically.

Tai wasn't paying attention about anything. He was focusing on that horrific nightmare. 'It felt real, but it was only a dream' Tai thought to himself.

"Tai? You ok?" Sora asked him looking concerned.

Tai jumped out of thought and blinked in a clueless fashion.

"Huh? What? I'm ok." he replied to her.

Sora looked at Tai with a worried look on her. He didn't seem to be himself today.

"Now as I was saying..." Izzy stated. "We need to figure out what to do. Myotismon can attack at any time. We need to agree on a plan so that he can be destroyed for good!"

"What do you think we should do , Tai?" Agumon called to his partner.

Tai had a hard time thnking it through. He couldn't think at all.

"I'm sorry guys. I don't know what to do. My mind is blank. Some leader I am." Tai looked down in shame. The dream was eating him up.

"What has gotten into you man? You are usually so energetic and so impatient." Matt asked him.

"I..I don't know, Matt. I'm not feeling well i guess. Hey where is Kari?" he asked looking around.

"She went to go search for fruits for breakfast."Mimi said to him.

Just then, a roaring and the rumbling of footsteps was heard in the distance.

"What is that?!" Gomamon yelled out.

A huge dinosaur-like creature approached them. It had purple scales on its back with a red body.

"Tyrannamon!" Tentomon yelled out.

"Digimon attack!" Agumon yelled.

All of the digimon digivolved into their champion stage to protect their friends. Then they all ran towards the Tyrannomon getting ready to strike it down. Suddenly, the dinosaur glowed a pure white and got smaller.

"Is he di-digivolving?" Izzy asked himself out loud.

After when the glowing dimmed, there was a little creature. He was all gel-like and had blue scales and body. It had a head of a Tyrannomon with an evil grin on its face.

"What is that?" TK asked.

"It is Duomon. He can transform into anything that he pleases." Kabuterimon hollered out in his low voice.

"I am here to defeat the leader of the Digidestined." Duomon said as he gazed at Tai.

Tai was shocked at the comment.

"So Master Of Courage, prepare to suffer!" Duomon cried out.

"Nova Blast!" Greymon hollered out. A big fire ball came out of Greymon's mouth and was headed for Duomon.

"Psycic Repell!" Duomon yelled. His eyes glowed a light blue and repelled the blast at Greymon.

"Now for you, Master Of Courage." He said to Tai.

He ran at Tai and punched him. As if hit by a truck, Tai flew into a huge rock and fell to the ground on his face.

"Tai!!" his friends called out.

Tai groaned in pain as he tried to pull himself up off of the ground, the pain throbbing.

"Greymon....Digivolve." He said weakly. His crest was glowing an orange color. Greymon glowed an orange and became bigger.

Where Greymon stood, was MetalGreymon.

"Go get him!" Tai yelled in pain.

"He won't stop me in the least!" Duomon shouted. He glowed a blue and shot a huge sphere about the size of MetalGreymon, hitting him in one shot!

MetalGreymon yelled in pain as it hit him. He glowed an orange and he was Agumon again.

"Agumon!!" Tai cried out. He tried to run to his friend but Duomon kicked him down.

"Help.." Tai groaned out.

"Garurumon! Do your stuff!" Matt yelled as he held out his tag and crest.

Garurumon glowed a blue around his body as he transformed into WereGarurumon. Duomon smirked as he grabbed the injured Tai.

"Hurt me, and your so called 'leader' will sing his death song." He yelled out.

"I guess we have no choice huh?" Agumon said with a depressed look on her face.

All of the digimon turned back into rookies.

"Well now, what a surprise. But orders are orders!" He said as he transformed his arm into a sword.


Death Of A Leader Prt.2
By ShadowWarriorJessica



Tai stuggled to get out of the clutches of Duomon but it just wasn't no use.

"Say good-bye, Master Of Courage!" Duomon shouted.

As he lunged at Tai, a pain came over him. He let go of Tai and fell on his little knees in pain. When Tai turned to see who hit the creature, he saw someone that he thought he would never see again.

"Kari!" Tai shouted with a weak smile. Then he screamed in pain as something burned his leg.

It was Duomon. His sword arm fell on his leg as the little creature fell.

"So, the bearer of Light has come forth." Duomon said with a moan as he sttod up weakly.

"Leave my brother alone!" Kari shouted as she and Angewomon were ready to fight the blue dinosaur.

"You won this round Digidestined, but someday your leader will perish!" Duomon cackled as he disappeared into thin air.

"Nice work Angewomon." Kari told her digimon as she di digivolved back to Gatomon.

Tai stumbled to his feet and sttod up. When he tried to walk, he fell on his face and sceamed in pain.

"Tai?! What's wrong?" Kari yelled as she ran at her brother.

"My leg, it burns from Duomon cutting me." Tai replied to Kari, trying to hold back the tears. He hated looking like this when Kari was around him.

The rest of the group ran to Tai to see if he was ok.

"Tai you're hurt." Sora replied in worry.

Joe and Matt helped him back to his feet. He had blood all over his leg.

My leg....it hurts." He said as he collasped onto Joe and Matt.

"He is suffering from loss of blood. He has lost too much." Izzy stated.

"What are we gonna do? We don't have any hospitals to go to." TK stated as he stared at his injured friend being laid down on the grass.

"I have my first-aid kit." Sora replied as she ran at Tai.

"Prodigious! But I am confused at one thing though." Izzy said as he has a concerned look on his face.

"What might that be, Izzy?"Mimi asked him.

"Well, Tai was referred to as 'Master' but Kari was 'Bearer'. Is there a reason for that?"He asked.

"You got me. But why does Duomon want to go after Tai but not us?" Sora asked the group as she wrapped up Tai's leg.

"These are good questions guys. I guess we will all find out sooner or later." Matt stated.

*********

Tai found himself in a rift of darkness. He walked around the still air around him. There seemed like no life was living in the shadows of the gloomy place. The stilness made Tai feel paranoid. The dry air made his mouth dry. His heart pounding every second faster from the silence. Suddenly, he felt weak and in pain. He held his chest and it felt wet. As he gazed own, he spotted the bloody pocket knife as before. He gazed at his bloody chest and his white gloves which were now dark red and pure red from the blood. Tears swelled up in his eyes as he saw his friends in the darkness. They had evil smirks on their faces. The digimon appeared behind the digidestined, including Agumon.

"We should have let you be destroyed!" Matt hollered.

Tai gazed at his friends in shame. He felt like he used up all of his strength to open his mouth. Please...help me."

The group walked toward their leader in giggles.

"Some leader! Can't even save himself! How can he save us from Myotismon?!" Mimi said with a grin.

They krept towards their leader; each one yelling at him and putting him down. Tai fell to his knees as the blood dripped down like a leaky faucet. He couldn't take this anymore. Suddenly a chill went up his spine that was very uncomfortable. As he gazed behind him in deep breaths, a figure appeared. It was hidden in the shadows. Tai tried to fight his death and see the figure, but he knew that would be impossible.......

Death Of A Leader Prt. 3
By ShadowWarriorJessica


Kari gazed down at her big brother with tears in her eyes. She watched him as he was sweating and tossing in his sleep. Gatomon stayed by Kari's side to comfort her friend. Agumon stayed by Tai. He was gazing down at his human partner, feeling worthless. The other digimon were in the forest gathering fruits for their dinner and some herbs for Tai while their human friends stayed at the campsite. Sora and TK sat near the fire staring at Tai's strained face, their faces filled with worry. Izzy was making chopsticks for the group for dinner, while Joe was carving a bowl and a mace for to mix the herbs together for the medicine. Mimi was asleep by the fire, her hat off and her hair down, lying on the ground. Matt was sitting away from the group and sat near a river, leaning on a tree, playing his harmonica. His sad music was heard in the night air. He to was worried about his friend. Even thought he can be stubborn and and a pain to Matt, he still was his friend. He just had to accept Tai for who he was. He thought that is why he deserves the crest of Friendship. As he was playing his harmonica, he gazed up at the moon above, shining brightly and making a reflection in the calm river. The river flowed smoothly as it acted like it didn't want to wake anyone. In the distance, he heard gasps and people yelling 'He's ok!'. He ran to the site and when he got there, he noticed Tai gasping for breath and wiping his sweat off of his forehead.

Tai grined in pain. He remembered that dream he just had, but yet he can still feel the pain and sorrow from it all. When he calmed down a bit, he looked around and spotted his friends staring at him with smiles of joy. He wanted to get up, but as he tried to stand, he felt a slight pain in his leg. He fell to his knees in defeat.

"Take it easy, Tai. Your leg is hurt preety bad. That is why it is bandaged." Kari smiled at her brother. Tai laid back down slowly. He knew that Kari was right. He couldn't walk in this condition.

"Tai? Are you feeling ok? You seem pale." Izzy asked him.

Tai did feel a bit pale now that Izzy did mention it. He gazed down at his hands and arms. He looked a bit whiter than he should be.

"I'm ok, Izzy. I'm a strong person." Tai replied to him with a smile. He didn't want Kari to worry about him. He had to lie about that.

Kari smiled at him as she hugged him gently as to not injure him. She knew that her brother was always courageous. 'that is why he got the Crest of Courage.' Kari thought to herself.

"We're back!" Gomamon mumbled as he was carrying a basket of fruit in his mouth.

All the digimon was carrying all the fruits and herbs they can grab from the forest. Matt gave everyone some food in their bowl as they sat down, ready to eat. Joe got the herbs and mixed them to form a sticky green paste. Tai gazed at Joe with a worried look on his pale face. Joe realized his look and tried not to laugh.

"Tai are you afraid? Why don't you have courage? After all you are the so called 'Master of Courage'." Joe laughed.

Tai mumbled under hs breath as his friends laughed at Joe's comment. He felt embarrased. Izzy then stopped and became in deep thought.

"I'm still curious about that 'Master' thing." He stated as he gazed at Tai.

"Why is that Izzy?" Tai asked his friend as he tried not to scream as Joe applied the medicine.

"Well, Duomon called you 'Master' and Kari 'bearer'."

"Probably because I am her older sister and the leader of the Digidestined." Tai moaned out as he tried to go into a itting postion.

"And I am also thinking about you, Tai. Everytime when you wake up, u appear to have some pain on you somewhere. This is the second time you did that."

"How did you know about from earlier today?" Tai asked stunned.

"I was up earlier, trying to plan our next move, Tai. Do you want to tell us what has been going on? I mean, what is it that is causing these things to happen to you?" Izzy asked him with the most unpleasant look on his face.

Tai looked down as if he was thining on what to say. 'Should I tell them about the nightmares I have been getting?'

"I don't want to talk about anything. I know just as much as you guys do." Tai replied.

Everyone just stared at Tai with hopeless looks.

"Tai is right. He does know just as anyone else hear knows." Kari said to the group.

Tai gazed into her clear eyes. He felt like he was lying to his teammates. His friends. He then stared at his leeg as Joe wrapped it up with new bandages. He wished , no he hoped that the nightmares be nothing but illusions. Before he tought of anything else, he drifted back to sleep.

"Should we wake him up? He hasn't ate anything yet." Palmon asked as she took a bite from her fruit.

"No. He needs the rest. We'll save some for him." Sora replied. She felt sorry for Tai.

"I'll keep first watch tonight since Tai is unable to." Matt suggested.

"Ok, Matt. Wake me up for next watch." Joe told him.

Everyone then sat down and ate their dinner around the fire. Before they knew it they fell asleep as Matt sat down for his night watch.

Death Of A Leader Prt. 4
by ShadowWarriorJessica


Matt stood watch as the others fell asleep. Gabumon fell asleep beside TK since Matt wanted him to save up his energy. As he gazed at the moon above in the night sky, moaning was heard next to him. As he turned to the sound, he spotted Tai, tossing and sweating. Matt kneeled down at the young boy to see what is wrong with him. Then a voice was heard mummbling. It was Tai's voice. It sounded so soft and scary.

"I'm not a coward. I will not fail you guys." Tai moaned in his sleep.

Matt then knew it was a nightmare, but as he gazed at him closer he spotted Tai's gloves. His eyes grew wide as he saw that blood was on his white gloves. When Matt looked back at Tai's face, he gasped in shock. Blood ws all over his chest! He realized that this nightmare was doing something to him right then. Matt jumped up and ran to Sora's First-Aid bag. He opened it up as quick as he could and spotted the bandages and the herbs. He grabbed the meterials need and ran back to Tai, and without any hesitation, he tore off Tai's shirt. When he did, he noticed something weird. Tai's crest was glowing and the blood was beggining to dry up. Matt slowly and carefully cleaned up his wounds and bandaged him up. When Matt finished, Tai's crest stopped glowing and he looked relaxed, not sweating and bleeding. Matt on the other hand looked green and was breathing deeply. He walked to the river and washed his hands up, trying not to become sick. He washed his hands roughly because he felt really nasty about that whole situation. Matt knew that it was time for Izzy to watch. He couldn't take this anymore and he needed to sleep on it.

**********

Tai found himself in the woods. The air was warm and the moon was bright. Trees swayed their leaves making a gentle whistling sound. Tai knew that he wasn't alone. As he walked forward, the evil laughter was heard in the wind. Tai ran and spotted his friends on the ground. As he continued to ran to them, he gasped in horror. They all had blue lips and a pale face. He looked at the blood streaming down their pale bodies. The aroma of thr bodies rotting was in the air. 'It is the smell of death' Tai thought to himself as he had a green looking face. The smell was becoming worse by the minuet. As he backed up from the bodies, hands appeared below him grabbing his legs. Tai screamed as he struggled to break free. More and more hands were shooting up from out of the ground grabbing him. The nails of the white pale hands dug into Tai's skin. Soon all of the hands became red as his blood drooped down onto them and they continued to pull him down to the dephts.

**********

Tai shot up. His heavy breathing was heard. He felt really sweating, but as he gazed down at his leg, he gasped. Scratch marks were on his leg with bits of blood over the cuts. 'Did my nightmare come true?' He thought in horror as he gazed around the area. He spoted his friends near the burned out fire eating their breakfast. Tai sighed as he knew that it couldn't have been real.

"So finally you're up, Tai." Kari said with a smile. "We thought that you were gonna doze off till noon."

Tai did hear his sisters words. He was so deep in thought. 'What are these nightmares for? Are they telling me the future or killing me without me knowing?' He thought to himself.

"Tai you feeling ok man? You seem-" Mattt paused as he gazed at Tai.

"Tai! Your body is all scratched up! What happened to you?" he hollered.

Everyone had their gaze on Tai. Matt was right. His body was cut up. Tai felt his face. The cuts were felt.

"Tai? We think that you know what is going on with you. Last night, your chest was bleeding during my watch while you were tossing in your sleep!" Matt yelled.

"Me?! What would I know?!" Tai yelled at him. He was becoming irratated with Matt. He didn't need the fighting now.

"Izzy told us that your legs were bleeding. I think that you DO know something that we don't!" Matt screamed louder.

Gabumon and Agumon ran to their friends trying to calm them down.

"Matt, relax. He will tell us sooner or later." Gabumon said to him.

"Tai just chill. You are in no condition to argue or even act this way!" Agumon told his human friend.

"I guess so." Tai said looking down.

"Tai, please. You know and I know that something is going on with you and it is killing you slowly." Sora said as she walked slowly up to Tai. "tell us what is wrong and we will help in everyway we can."

Tai sighed.'I gotta tell them now. They will only bug me if I don't anyway.' He tried to stand up slowly. He stood up for the first time in what it feels like weeks.

Tai told them about the nightmares and what the effects were when he wakes up. After his speech, the teammates were shocked, there eyes wide.

"So that is why you are acting this way. Your dreams are somehow connected with your physical self." Izzy stated.

"That has to be it." Joe said still stunned.

What are we gonna do?" Agumon asked the others.

"I don't know." Izzy said, sounding stumped.

Death Of A Leader Part 5
By ShadowWarriorJessica


"I don't know" Izzy stated.

Tai thought that this was hopeless. He knew it was the dreams, but he can't seem to control them like he normally does. Suddenly, he figured it out.

"Guys! I just thought of what might be happening. It might be Myotismons servent Duomon that is behind all of this recurring nightmares." Tai exclaimed.

"Why do you think Duomon is behind all of this?"Agumon asked his compainion.

"I can't seem to control the nightmares. I used to be able to. It has to be him!"

"But why you and not us?"Matt asked.

"Because I am the leader ad the so called 'Master' of Courage. I guess what Myotismon wants is that if I go, then you guys will be easier to kill."

"That is just like Myotismon!" Mimi hollered.

"I don't want you to die Tai. I don't know what I would do!" Kari yelled as she ran up to her brother and gently hugged him, with tears falling from her eyes.

Tai had an evil look on his face. He pulled Kari away and walked limp and in pain.

"Tai you are in no condition to walk!" Sora yelled as she ran over to Tai. "And anyway where do you think you are going?!"

Tai gazed at Sora with angered eyes. "I am getting my revenge. I can't just lay here and let them do this to me again." Tai hollered out. When he took his first step after that, he fell to the ground on his chest and face. He screamed in pain as he clenched his chest.

"Tai! You're acting crazy! You can't fight in your condition!"Matt yelled at him as he ran to help his friend up.

As Matt tried to pull him up, Tai smaked his hand away. Anger raged in Tai's heart. Matt stared at him with a serious look on his face.

"What is your problem Tai!?" Matt hollered. "You're acting so stubborn! Mabey....Mabey you need to chill out for a while and make someone else the leader for a while. You are getting way out of control!"

Tai just stared at Matt with his enreaged eyes. "Oh yeah right! I am still the leader, and what I say goes!" Tai yelled at Matt as he tried to get up.

Everyone just gazed at Tai. They all knew that this wasn't him. Not at all in one bit. He changed.

"Stop it Tai! You're acting like a child! You're not courageous and clever now! You're being idiotic and scared and becoming just like one of Myotismon's henchmen!" Kari yelled as she ran between the two boys.

Tai fell to his kness. 'Kari is right. What is happening to me?' Tai thought with a depressed look on his face. Tears began to form in his brown eyes.

"You're right Kari. I'm sorry everyone. Something is wrong withme. It is making me angry and judt wanting to fight." Tai said as he bowed is head down, looking at his bloody body. Suddenly a pain came over him. He moaned silently as to not let the others know about it.

While Tai was moaning, a rumbling noise was felt on the ground. Tai shot up and looked around while the others did too. Agumon ran toards Tai to protect his partner. Rustling in the bushes was being heard in front of Mimi. As they turned to where Mimi was a figure appeared out of it. They gasped as the figure came closer.

"Hi guys! Why the shocked faces? It is me Tai!" The figure yelled the figure ran towards the group.

Tai looked at the other Tai. It looked just like him but with no cuts bruises.'Who is this? He looks like me but his attitude is calmer like mine. But that isn't me! It has to be Duomon's work!' he thought to himself.

"Who's that kid?He looks like me but all injured. That isn't me! Ok Kid who r u really?!" The other Tai said as he walked towards the real Tai.

"I am the REAL Tai not some scrawny person!"Tai hollered as he tried to get up to his legs.

Matt looked at both of the Tai's. he seemed to come to a conclusion who is the real one.

"I say that he is the fake you guys!" Matt yelled as he pointed at the injured Tai. " I mean just think about it. the attitude and the thurst for power and revenge. Duomon might have changed his form and made us think that he was Tai!"

"Matt's gotta point."Gabumon said.

Tai was stunned aat the comments. He couldn't believe it! Matt was going with the fake.

"Hold on Matt. That be Duomon too!"Sora yelled as she pointed at the healthy Tai.

Tai looked at Sora with happiness. She would never turn to the fake without the proof.

"What are you saying Sora? You don't beleive me? Is that it?" The fake Tai hollered out.

"I don't know what to beleive..."she replied.

Tai felt horrible, both physically and mentally. Sora is sticking up for him even thought she didn't know it. He slowly got up and walked weakly to Sora.

"It is you're decision Sora, not mine or the phoney's. It is all up to you.

Sora was sweating. She didn't know what to do. What a decicsion. Whichh Tai is the genuine on? SHe gazed at both Tai's, both had a look towards her. Suddenly she looked at the real Tai. She hoped she was right on her decision.

"I say that you are the phoney. Matt does have good reasons as to why. The injury can be a fadal flaw to get us!" Sora said as she and Biyomonwalked towards the fake Tai.

Soon all of the others, even Agumon, walked towards the fake one. Tai was shocked. He felt like he was totally useless to help them. They are walking into a trap but he can's make them beleive him. Not now since they all chose the fake one.Sudeenly, he remembered in his dream. His friends were leaving him all to die.Tears swelled up in his eyes as he saw his friends walk with the fake one in the forest. They never looked back as to see him. 'This looks like the end for Taichi Kamiya.' he thought as he fell to his knees in pain and sorrow. As the group continued to walk away, they heard sobing in the distance. They ignored the sound as they thought it was another one of Duomon's senseless tricks as they weren't seen in Tai's eyes no more. They left him.

Tai looked at the sunset gleaming over the trees on the side of him. Sudden;y a voice appeared in Tai's head. It was a dark and dreadful voice.

"YOU'RE FRIENDS HAVE BETRAYED YOUR TRUST, YOUNG MASTER COURAGE! YOU WILL NEVER WIN! JUST QUIT NOW AND GET OVER WITH!"

As Tai heard these words, he remembered his first frightning dream. It was the same thing! Now he understood as to why this dream seemed real. Suddenly, a click came into him. The last dream he had. His friends were going to die! He tried to ignore the words in his head and sttod back up slowly as to not become in more pain. The pain wasn't felt anyway, since his anger built up in him. He didn't care about anything now. All he cared about was his friends. He had an angered look on his face, his eyes looking like fire that was within him. He would save his friends no matter what. A voice was then heard in the forest. It was Mimi screaming! He knew what was going on. He used all of his strength that he had to run to Mimi's cry. He still didn't feel any pain at all, just a powerful surge within him.

When he arrived, he gasped in horror. His friends were on the ground, but they were ok. He ran up to his friends as fast as he could. He spotted Sora, Biyomon, and Agumon together on the ground.

"Sora are you ok?" Tai asked as he ran towards her and the gang.

"A little. No blood, so I guess we are ok." she replied weakly. "Sor..Sorry about not choosing you Tai."

"It's ok Sora. You didn't know."Tai said as he held her in his arms. "Just rest."

Before Tai remembered what else happened in his last dream, hands grabbed him from underneath him. He threw Sora out of the way as he was held up high in the air with the hands holding him in place. Everyone yelled out to Tai to hold on.

Tai felt the pale fingernails from the hands dig deep in his skin. The group gasped as the screaming from Tai was heard.

"Tai!!" Kari and Sora screamed at thier leader. No, their friend. They didn't want him to die. SOra then felt a drop on her arm. As she looked at her arm, her tears fell from her cheek. A drop of blood was on her arm.

"Tai no!" Sora yelled at the top of her lungs.

Joe looked at Sora and walked up to her. "Sora, you're bleeding." Joe said as he noticed the blood on her arm.

"That's not my blood. It is Tai's! They're killing him!" she yelled.

The group stood silent at the news. As they were going to let their digimon help, a blue flame was burning the hands. The hands felt the pain and went back into the ground. The fake Tai appeared and saw this. He was speechless. He knew what happened, and what is going to happen. The blue auroea drifted to the ground. When it dimmed, a figure was in it.

"Tai?!" the group gasped with eyes wide.

Indeed, it was Tai who burned the hands. His now black eyes were filled with supreme anger. His crest of Courage as bright as the sun. His anger was building up within his heart. Sora was afraid of what might happen to Tai, or who is now the name that fit him: The Master Of Courage.

The fake Tai transformed back into Duomon with fear learking in his eyes. He backed up from Tai. He wanted to kill him before he found his powers, but then he realized that it was HE who made Tai who he is now. Duomon was shaking violently. He tried to run, but he was in complete shock. Tai began to walk towards the small blue dinosaur. With each step he took, his crest became brighter and brighter. He stopped a couple of feet away from the dinosaur and held out his hand. Tai looked at his hand as a blue orb began to form in it, filled with all the hatred he has over the small dinosaur. He let the spher fly and hit Duomon in the face. The last thing Duomon seen was the blue flame in Tai's black eyes.

**************

Tai fell to his knees and looked at where Duomon was at. He couldn't believe that he defeated Duomon. He gazed down at his chest. The crest was glowing bright, too bright. He felt weak and plundged to the ground on his back. His cuts from his dreams and the hands were seen and the bandage was all torn up and burned, ready to fall off of his leg.

The gang ran towards Tai. Sora kneeled down at Tai. SHe placed his head on her leg. Her hands feeling his pale bloody face. Kari was crying. She never seen her brother this badly injured.

"Tai, you're going to be ok, right?" Kari pleaded to her brother.

Tai had tears in his eyes as he gazed at Kari kneeling at him. He placed his hand on her face as to wipe a tear off of her face.

"Sorry Kari. I'm not gonna make it." Tai said weakly.

Tk, Mimi, and the digimon had tears in their eyes. The tears of sorrow and pain while Joe , Izzy, and Matt just stared at him, feeling guilty about all of this, especcailly Matt.

"Please don't go Tai! We need you!" Matt hollered as tears began to form in his saphire eyes.

"I know Matt, but I guess this is destiny." Tai said with tears streaming down his face. He knew now it was time to do something that he should've done a long time ago.

"Sora there is something I have to tell you..."

"What is it Tai?" Sora cried out.

"I wanted to tell you that..." Tai paused to gather his last breath of air and energy. " I love you Sora!" After those words, the crest of Courage shaddered. Tai's eyes closed as he was lying there, lifeless.

"Tai! NO! Don't go PLEASE!" Sora yelled out threw her tears of pain.

Everyone cried. Their friend, leader, and the Master, died before their very eyes.

"Myotismon will pay for what he done to Tai!" Matt hollered as he punched the bark of the tree.

"Tai is gone..." Kari screamed threw her cries and sobs.

Gatomon tried to comfort her, but she needed comforting herself.

Sora was right. Tai's transformation hurt them deeply. It hurt their hearts....