Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Death of a Loved One ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kirsten walked into the living room, where her father was lying sprawled out on the couch watching television and drinking.
She walked up to the couch. “Daddy?”
Beelzemon looked up at Kirsten through dull, clouded eyes. “What is it, honey?”
“Can we go see the fireworks tonight?”
“Huh?” Beelzemon asked blankly.
“The fireworks. Can we go see them?”
Beelzemon looked up at the ceiling. “I guess so….”
Kirsten bent down and hugged her father. “Thank you, Daddy.”
Beelzemon wrapped his arms around her, hugging her close. “Sure thing, love.”
Kirsten pulled herself out of Beelzemon’s embrace. “My friends say that the fireworks are supposed to be extra special this year, better than last year.”
Beelzemon sighed sadly. “Too bad Val can’t see ‘em. She loved fireworks.” Teas fell from his clouded eyes.
Kirsten wrung her hands. She knew how touchy her father could be on any subject that reminded him of his wife. “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have said that.”
“It’s alright, Kirsten. It’s not your fault,” He sat up, holding out an arm to her. “C’mere.”
Kirsten sat on Beelzemon’s lap, looking up at him curiously.
Beelzemon ran his claws through his daughter’s long blonde hair. “I’ve been meanin’ talk ask about how you’ve been holdin’ up lately.”
“I’m fine, Dad. It’s you I’m worried about.”
Beelzemon’s eyes widened in surprise. “Oh? Really?”
Kirsten nodded. “Yeah. That’s why I made you come to school with me for the first week since the funeral. I was afraid you were going to hurt yourself. And I would lose another parent.” She looked away, tears gathering in her eyes.
Beelzemon’s jaw dropped slightly. “No! I’d never do that to you!” He touched her cheek reassuringly. “You’re the only reason I’m still alive. I knew I had to take care of you.”
Kirsten threw her arms around Beelzemon. “I love you, Dad.”
Beelzemon smiled sadly, placing a hand on the top of her head. “I love you too, Kirsten.”


Beelzemon and Kirsten sat on a strong branch high up in an oak tree while they watched the fireworks.
“Wow! They’re so pretty from up here!” Kirsten cried.
Beelzemon smiled. “Yeah, they are. Bet we got the best view of anybody.”
Kirsten nodded.
As Beelzemon watched the fireworks, his thoughts strayed back to the very first time he ever saw them.


Beelzemon’s Flashback: 25 Years Ago


“So…what are we doing again, Val?” Beelzemon asked his girlfriend as she led him through a large crowd.
“We’re going to see the fireworks, silly. I’ve only told you this a thousand times!” Valeri said with a giggle.
Beelzemon smiled sheepishly. “Oh, yeah,” He looked around. “Where’s yer mom and sis?”
“Around here somewhere. Yuri is probably with her friends.”
“So that means we’re by ourselves?”
“Pretty much. Ah, here we go!” Valeri said as she walked to an empty spot under a large tree. “This is where I sit every year.”
“Every year?” Beelzemon asked in surprise as they sat down.
“Yup. It’s the best place to watch.”
“Oh, I see.”
Valeri leaned against Beelzemon, wrapping her arms around the top of his arm. “I’m so happy to have you here to watch them with me.”
Beelzemon leaned down and kissed the top of her head, running his claws through her hair. “Me too.”
A sudden bright light accompanied by the sound like a gunshot made Beelzemon jump and look up in alarm. “What in the hell?”
“The fireworks have started!” Valeri said excitedly as another went off.
Beelzemon watched, awed. “Wow.”
Valeri giggled.
As they watched the fireworks, Beelzemon glanced down at Valeri. He loved how the light from the fireworks lit up her face.
Valeri looked up at Beelzemon, puzzled. “Why are looking at me like that?”
Beelzemon’s smile widened slightly. “You look really beautiful, the way the fireworks light up your face.”
Valeri blushed and smiled shyly, averting her gaze. “Oh, don’t be silly. You’re just saying that.”
“I’m not. It’s true.”
Valeri giggled. “Oh, stop it. You’re embarrassing me!” She covered her face with her hands.
Beelzemon grinned. He carefully pulled Valeri’s hands from her face. “C’mon, sweetheart. You can’t down yerself.”
Valeri sighed. “I know. But I’m still getting used to such compliments.”
“You will soon enough, ‘specially with all the ones I give you on a daily basis!”
Valeri giggled. “Yeah!”
Beelzemon gave her a swift kiss. Then the two went back to watching the fireworks.


End of Flashback


Beelzemon sighed sadly, resting his chin on the top of Kirsten’s head, and closed his eyes. I don’t know if I can take much more of this. It’s killin’ me on the inside. I’m hurting Kirsten ‘cause I ain’t payin’ her much attention. Val, I can’t do this without you.
“Look, Dad! The finale!”
Beelzemon’s eyes opened and he looked up to see a large, colorful dragon explode into the air.
It disappeared in a wisp of smoke.
Kirsten clapped loudly. “Yay! That was awesome! Don’t ya think, Daddy?” she asked, looking up at her father.
“Yeah.” Beelzemon said softly, not taking his eyes off the wisp of smoke.


Valeri stared up at the sky. It was pale blue and empty except for the occasional small cloud drifting by lazily. Diana had completely left her alone since the day Beelzemon had come by the first time and it made her feel forlorn.

Meanwhile, Beelzemon was making his way slowly to his wife’s grave, feeling his heart grow heavier with every step. He arrived at the grave and knelt down, placing the flowers on the ground. He ran his hand across the words. “Oh, Val…I wish you were here.”
“I wish I could tell you that I am.” Valeri said softly.
“This is too hard,” Beelzemon murmured. “It’s too hard to take care of Kirsten in the state I’m in. She says she’s doin’ Ok, but I ain’t.”
Valeri sighed. “My poor beloved...I need help. Maybe I could talk to Hydra…?” She turned around and looked up at the sky.
Beelzemon stood up. “Next time I come, I’ll bring Kirsten. She’s been wantin’ ta come.” He turned and walked away.
Valeri closed her eyes. “Yes, I will go to see Hydra. Maybe he can help me.”
Valeri began to fade from view as she transported herself to Hydra’s castle, right outside his bedchamber door. She passed through the door into the room.
Hydra was asleep on the bed with Kiba beside him. He looked the same from the last time Valeri had seen him. But Kiba looked older in her human form, about eighteen now. She was snuggled close to Hydra's head, lying against the soft side of his neck.
Hydra purred softly in his sleep, not even bothering Kiba in her own peaceful bliss.
She smiled when she saw the two asleep. She walked up to the bed and lightly touched them, so that her hand would not go through them.
Hydra stirred a little. He opened his eyes and saw Kiba asleep, but he sensed someone else with them. He couldn't tell who. He thought he saw Valeri for a second, but he couldn't really see from just waking up.
Valeri closed her eyes to concentrate so she could speak with Hydra. Hydra, Hydra please help me.
Hydra's eyes widened upon hearing the sound of Valeri's voice. “Valeri is that you? How are you, it's been six years.”
Tears spilled down Valeri's cheeks. I'm Ok, everyone else is Ok, too. Except there's a problem....
“Like what?” Hydra asked worriedly.
I'm not among the living anymore. Valeri said sadly.
“How though? I can hear you still and that wouldn't make you dead. There has to be some explanation to this for if you were dead, I wouldn't hear you now.”
It's all in your mind. I am truly dead. My family is suffering, so I have come to ask for your help.
“Well the problem is...I have no idea. But Kiba is still in training. But I honestly don't know...but I think I do know of someone who can help.” Hydra said.
Valeri sighed with relief. Really? Who?
“Well I...it's been a while and she might not be there, but come or float on. Ok I know that wasn't funny, but you...Ok maybe you can blame me for trying.” Hydra said rather sheepishly.
Kiba stirred in her sleep, but Hydra moved carefully away from her and out of his room.
Valeri hurried after him. She managed to keep up since she really couldn't float.
Hydra looked around, still unable to see Valeri, but able to sense her. He stopped at the end of the hall about to turn, but Elektra was there.
“Hydra, where are you going?” Elektra asked curiously.
“Out.” Hydra replied as he moved to the right.
Elektra followed. “Out where?” she asked.
“Just out, now let me through.” Hydra said irritably.
Elektra and Hydra both moved to the left. He shook his head then moved to the right, using his tail to push Elektra out of the way.
She chuckled a little and went off.
Valeri smiled. She hasn't changed, has she?
“Who? Elektra or Kiba?” Hydra asked, slightly confused.
Elektra. But how is Kiba?
“No, she hasn't changed. But Kiba...well, she changed a little and she is fine just fine. But she seems to stay close to me a lot and not really talkative. She ia also trying to find me a love. For as king, I will need an heir to the throne before I die.” Hydra explained.
Valeri sighed sadly. I see...I'm so sorry for what has happened. I hope you do find someone soon.
Hydra sighed a little. “Yeah...I guess.”
Valeri reached out to pet Hydra, but her hand passed through his thick hide. She quickly withdrew, feeling a shudder pass through him. Sorry!
Hydra didn't even notice the failed act of comfort. “It's alright. Don't worry, I can try to deal with it. But you know one thing, when you make your first true love that is the most special thing to you and nothing can replace it even if you marry a thousand times. But nothing will change it for your first and true love will never change, but always be with you,” He paused. “Sorry, didn't mean to make things depressing all of a sudden well just stay close if you can.” he said as he headed towards a large door that led to the equipment room.
It's alright. Everything is rather depressing right now. I'm worried for Beelzemon. He's really depressed right now. He says he can't raise Kirsten without me. It's too hard for him.
“That's how I was with...well let's just get going.” Hydra said after he shook his head. He grabbed three port keys and activated one.
It was a large red portal. Hydra and Valeri went through it.
There was a large meadow and mountains as far out as the eye could see on the other side. There was a small campsite with a large cottage in it.
Hydra led the way towards the cottage.
Valeri looked around, slightly awed. Where are we?
“It's called Gaia named after the great life spirit since this planet is almost like earth, but less polluted, less endangered species, and not really any wars, just peace. That cottage over there is where we are headed,” Hydra explained. He turned to one of his human forms. “This person doesn't know I'm a Snake God so I keep myself in disguise.”
Valeri hurried to keep up. This looks like a beautiful place to live. she said, mainly to herself.
Hydra smiled and looked around, but still couldn't see her. He stopped at the door and knocked, but there was no answer. Suddenly he was struck in the back of the head with something. “OW!” Hydra cried. He turned around to see who had hurt him.
A middle aged black woman with long black hair and red eyes stood behind him, holding a stick. She wore forest-like clothing and a necklace made of rat skulls. “You gunna steal my stuff? Oh, I'll beat you up.” the woman threatened, brandishing the stick.
Hydra held his hands up. “Hey, it's Ok. It's me, Hydra.”
The woman started to laugh and lowered the stick. “Oh my goodness, boy. I hardly recognized you. Here, give Aunt Nayru a hug.” she said, holding her arms out to Hydra.
They hugged for a short time.
“Sorry I wacked you, it's just a cougar came to my house and stole my good dog from me.” Nayru said apologetically.
Hydra nodded.
Valeri laughed a little. Is she a friend or truly your aunt? Oh, I wish I could talk with her.....
“A friend she calls herself aunt and i don't mind calling her an aunt, it's nice," Hydra said aloud to Valeri.
“Who you talking to Hydra?” Nayru asked, looking at him questionably.
“I have a favor to ask of you,” said Hydra.
“Well come on in-I made your favorite cookies-and then we can talk.” Nayru said, stepping around Hydra to get to the door.
Hydra laughed a little.
Valeri slowly followed behind, to prevent from bumping into either Hydra or Nayru.
Hydra took a chair and sat down.
Nayru picked up a pan full of chocolate chip cookies and brought them to the table.
Hydra took two and ate them. “They are still good Aunt Nayru, but now can I explain about my favor?”
“Oh yes yes tell me please.” Nayru said. She took a seat across from him.
“Well, a friend of mine says she died, but she is from earth and her family dearly miss her, but I can hear her talking to me.” Hydra explained.
Nayru nodded.
“Can you help her get back to normal and among the living?” Hydra asked hopefully.
“Why, Hydra. She is among the living. She isn't dead. You see, there is a thing called dead, dead-dead, and totally dead, but this girl here you say is just dead.”
Hydra was a little confused. “You lost me.”
She's lost me as well! Valeri said with a small giggle. Well, I haven't been to Heaven yet, so I guess you could say I'm just a ghost....
“Was that her talking?” Nayru asked, looking around, then to Hydra.
Hydra was confused yet again. “Yes, but how...?”
“Oh we all have gifts and so do you, boy. Say girl, what's your name?” Nayru asked Valeri.
Valeri blushed lightly. I-it's Valeri, ma'am...It's nice to meet you!
“My word that is such a beautiful name,” Nayru said with a small giggle and a chuckle. Hydra merely listened. “Well child, I know I can help you, it's just can you help me on how you died and what was the first thing you saw.”
Yes. I'm not sure exactly how I died, Diana just said it was my time...The first thing I saw was this beautiful garden....
Nayru was very quiet for a while, then she spoke. “Hmmmmm, well I think I know what that garden was for. Some people are brought there to either get powers or to be starting a new life.”
“So how can we get her...back to normal?” Hydra asked.
“Well, it will take a while and I do have the ingredients.” Nayru said. She got up and went into a room up in the back.
Hydra sat there quietly.
Valeri walked to Hydra and embraced him as best she could.
Hydra didn't feel a thing, he just sat there waiting for Nayru. “You're quiet Valeri is everything alright?”
Silent tears spilled from Valeri's eyes and she didn't answer, too overcome with emotion.
“Valeri, what's wrong?” Hydra asked worriedly.
Nayru returned with a bowl and a wooden herb mixer. Mixing a powder and liquid-like substance, she picked a white rose up from the table and took a few petals from it and added them to the mixture.
Hydra watched, still waiting for Valeri to answer.
Valeri wiped her face. I'm fine. I'm just happy, that's all.
“All right, if you say so, but you sound sad at the same time.” Hydra said.
Before Valeri could say anything, Nayru walked up to Hydra.
“Well here we are. Take this powder and all you have to do is dump it over her and call out: S'vardis'ven.” Nayru said as she held the bowl out to Hydra.
Hydra took the bowl and looked around for Valeri.
“No, not her spirit, her body.” Nayru explained.
“Wait, you want me to dig up her grave and dump this on her?” Hydra asked, stunned.
“Yes she may look corpse like if she's been there longer than a month. When did you die?” Nayru asked Valeri.
“You better not be dead longer than a month.” Hydra said in a warning tone.
Valeri nearly fainted. I-I haven't a clue..! I've lost track of time.... She burst into tears.
“It's all right, I can get over it.” Hydra said with a sigh.
Nayru picked up a pouch and took the bowl from Hydra and poured the substance in it, then handed it back to Hydra. “There you go, good luck and god speed.”
Hydra nodded and left out the door. “Well, I guess I get to see your neighborhood for the first time.”
Still saddened, Valeri hurried after him after a hasty thank you to Nayru.
Hydra activated the port key and walked through to Valeri's home town Shinshuku. “Wow, it's really nice, but I wish I can just go through here in my true form, but this world still needs to wait a little longer before seeing me,” he said, looking around. "Do you know where you are buried?”
Valeri nodded sadly. Yes. I have stayed there for a long while, waiting each day for Beelzemon to come....
Hydra nodded. “Which way to the cemetery?”
To the left.
Hydra nodded. As he walked down the street, a few woman giggled at his human form and they whispered among each other of his cuteness, causing him to walk faster. “See, this is why sometimes I hate turning into a human.” he muttered.
Valeri giggled. Yes, you must beware of Earth women. They like the cute guys. She giggled again.
Hydra stuck his tongue at her. He looked to the cemetery and then he jumped the fence. “Boy I am going to have a lot of reading.” He started to read the names on the tombstones of each deceased person.
Valeri giggled. You don't have to! It's the grave by the large apple blossom tree! It's so beautiful this time of year.
Hydra looked and saw a large tree in bloom. “Wow, that was easy,” He went over to her tombstone. He looked around to make sure the coast was clear. "Well, I better hurry or people will think I'm crazy digging up your grave.” He started to dig with his hands.
Valeri touched her tombstone, running her hands across the words her husband had engraved in it. Suddenly sensing something, she turned around. Hydra, someone's coming!
Hydra looked and saw someone coming. He got up and made a run for the other side of the cemetery. He hid behind a tree. “Please don't you dare go to Val's grave, please don't.” he said quietly.
Beelzemon, with Kirsten by the hand and a bouquet of beautiful roses in the other, neared his wife's grave. He stopped short when he saw the holes in it. He scowled.
Kirsten's eyes narrowed and she growled, looking around for the culprit.
“Shoot they won't remember who I am, I better talk,” Hydra said to himself and to Valeri. He started towards them with his dirty hands out. “Hey, look I know what it may seem like this but let me explain.”
“You bastard!” Beelzemon hissed, his eyes narrowing dangerously as he reached for the gun on his boot holster.
Kirsten suddenly leapt upon him, knocking him over. Instead of attacking him, she hugged him. “Hydra! I can't believe it's really you!”
Hydra was glad Kirsten recognized him. “It's me, B. It's me, don't worry.” Hydra said to Beelzemon as he hugged Kirsten in return.
Beelzemon's glare didn't soften. “What were you doin' to her grave?” he snarled.
“It'll take a while to explain, but I know how to bring Valeri back to life.” Hydra said, releasing his hold on Kirsten as he stood up.
Beelzemon blinked, stunned. Tears spilled down his face, unable to be held back. “Wh-what...?”
Kirsten looked at Hydra. “You do?”
Hydra moved away from Kirsten and towards Beelzemon. He patted Beelzemon's shoulder as he walked past him to Valeri's grave. He knelt down and continued to dig. He eventually got to the silver coffin. He sighed and punched a hole into it. “Sorry, I'm trying to be as careful as I can,” he said to Beelzemon and Kirsten. He pulled the coffin open and to reveal Valeri's face. She looked pale and peaceful. He pulled the pouch from his pocket and poured the powder on her. He repeated the words as told and the sky began to rain.
Valeri's face was coming to color.
Hydra moved out of the way.
The ghost Valeri looked down at her hands, which had begun to fade. She looked up as her entire body faded.
Beelzemon walked up next to Hydra, slack-jawed. "She...." he started, but stopped.
Suddenly Valeri took a deep breath, causing the others to gasp. Valeri's eyes slowly opened. They were still a little dim from death.
Hydra smiled and held out his hand to help her up. “You might be blind for a few hours, but don't worry you'll be Ok.”
Valeri managed to get hold of Hydra's hand as he helped her up. She blinked several times, hoping to get her eyes to work. When it didn't work, she sighed sadly. She gasped in surprise as Beelzemon took hold of her.
“It's me, Val.” Beelzemon said softly, his voice full of emotion.
Valeri smiled in his direction. “I know.”
“God, I've missed you so much.” Beelzemon murmured, resting his head on hers. She smelled of death and decay, but he didn't care.
“I missed you too....” Valeri said, tears spilling down her face as her voice cracked.
Beelzemon gave her a soothing kiss.
Kirsten hugged her mother's leg.
Hydra moved away to let the family share their love. He was so overcome with emotion, tears nearly spilled from his eyes, but he was able to keep them at bay. “I would love to see your house and also meet your family too. Also Val, I am pretty sure the smell would go away. It'll take a few hours to come back to normal.” he said with a small chuckle. He looked around to make sure that no one was watching.
Valeri smiled in Hydra's direction. “Thank you, Hydra. You can come home with us for awhile, if you want. I don't know if I'll be able to see well enough to make dinner, but you're welcome to stay anyway.”
“Momma, I'll help!” Kirsten said excitedly.
“Well not for long, but I'd be glad to," said Hydra. He waited for them to lead him home.
Beelzemon picked his wife up in one arm and took his daughter by the hand. “Alright, Hydra. Follow me.” He turned and walked back the way he had come earlier.
Hydra followed. He looked around as they entered into the city, curious to see so many people around. He saw a few kids playing hop-scotch in an alley. He returned his attention to Beelzemon to follow without getting lost.
While they walked, he watched cars as they passed by. “It's been a while since I've been to Earth. I think I came here in, oh maybe 1941. It was, I think, of the Pearl Harbor war and everything was so different....”
Beelzemon chuckled. "Yeah, everythin' is different now than it used to be. You think this place is weird? I should show ya the Digital World one day. Now that place is weird!"
“I think I've been there once, it sounds familiar. I do a lot of travelin' and sometimes one place may seem familiar or I've never been to it,” Hydra said thoughtfully. He scratched his brow. “I am not used to havin' hair or fur or whatever you people call 'em. I can't stay human long though I can stay like this for a couple of days and I would have to turn back into my original form again. It's like puttin' my original self into a jar. So my bones would start to break if you know what I mean then.”
Beelzemon nodded. “You probably haven't been to the Digital World though. There's only certain ways to get there and only Digimon know how to find 'em.”
“What would you like for dinner, Hydra?” Valeri asked suddenly.
“Oh I would like anything, but not too much veggies though. I am not allergic to anythin' that i know of, just I always hated veggies," said Hydra with a chuckle.
“Yay!” Kirsten cried. “That means I don't have to eat spinach again!"
Valeri giggled softly. “I guess it does. Well, at least not today.”
Kirsten made a wry face. “Bleh.”
“We could uhm, have sushi, maybe?" Beelzemon suggested.
Hydra nodded. “Alright then, I agree.”
Valeri smiled. “Good. Kirsten and I know how to make them from scratch, right dear?”
“Yeah! It's loads of fun!” Kirsten said excitedly.
Beelzemon smiled and patted her head.
Hydra laughed. He turned his head and saw some homeless people in an alley. “Still they don't have enough money, that is sad for me to see.”
Valeri sighed, lowering her eyes. “The world is still in much poverty, I'm afraid. I wish it wouldn't be like this.”
“Me too,” Hydra said sadly. “But I have actually stopped slavery on some planets-which is good-and poverty stuff on some others.”
Valeri blinked hard, wishing to have her sight back as she swiveled her head in Hydra's direction.
Beelzemon sighed. “I used ta be a bad person, selfish, self-centered. But I met Val. She helped change a lot of my personality. So did Kirsten after she was born.”
“Oh well, I could have helped ya to put you in better shape!” Hydra said with a laugh.
Beelzemon cracked a half-smile. “I think I'd rather stick with Val...I don't really wanna know what you'd a done."
“Yah you really don't wanna know.” Hydra said with an evil glare to be funny.
Beelzemon stepped away from Hydra. “Eh....”
Kirsten giggled and hugged Hydra. “He's just bein' funny, Dad!”
Valeri smiled. She had not seen the glare. “I'm sure he is, darling,” She rubbed her face against Beelzemon's chest in a soothing manner when he grunted his disapproval. “It's alright, my love. Are we almost home?"
“Yeah, just about two more blocks.” Beelzemon replied, picking up his pace.
Hydra kept up easily. He looked down at Kirsten “Well miss Kirsten, you have certainly grown a lot since the last time I saw ya.” he said, rubbing her head softly.
Kirsten grinned. “I sure did! I hope to be just as tall as Daddy when I get older!”
Hydra laughed. “Well try not to grow taller than me, if that's possible. Besides, I met a cousin of my species that was bigger than Snake Gods. Oh boy, I got a small kick out of that. Elektra and my father laughed at me about that.”
Kirsten grinned, showing off her tiny fangs. Suddenly she pointed to a two story house. “There's our house!”
“It's beautiful, I love it,” Hydra said kindly. He followed them to the door and inside. “And its surprisingly clean.” he added as he looked around.
Beelzemon frowned. “What's that supposed ta mean? Kirsten is very good with cleanin'.”
“No. I mean, doh, never mind. I just say that a lot. And the last time I went to someone's house...well let's just say I couldn't go in even as a cat.”
Kirsten giggled. “Everything is clean but some of the living room. 'Cause that's were Dad's been.”
Hydra cocked an eyebrow. “Oh really?” He glanced at the living room, where the table was littered with trash and empty beer cans. He turned to the family. “Wow, I guess even a kid is cleaner than Beelzemon.” he said teasingly to Beelzemon.
Beelzemon glared at him, not really in the mood for a joke. “Well, I didn't feel like doin' anythin'...you know why....” He looked down at Valeri, nuzzling the top of her head.
Hydra smiled. “It's Ok, just pickin on ya,” He turned to Kirsten. “What do you do over here Kirsten? I'm curious to know what you and your family do together.”
“We do a lot of stuff. We go to the park, the Digital World...we play video games, watch TV...all kinds of stuff.'
“Hmmm Digital World, video games. Sounds interesting that I've never been to or tried. I would like to learn about this.” Hydra said, intrigued.
Kirsten grinned. “Dad and I can show you after dinner!”
“Yah, I guess we could.” Beelzemon said unenthusiastically.
“I would like to watch.” Valeri said, smiling. She could only vaguely see dark shapes and a little bit of colors.
“Well, let's wait til' Valeri has her vision back that way she can see it as well. Oh, while we eat can you tell me what I should be aware of 'B'?”
“Aware of?” Beelzemon asked, confused. “I don't get it....”
“Like dangerous creatures or dangerous areas we should be aware of you know.” Hydra explained
“Ah, ya. Well, I gotta think about that for a bit....” Beelzemon said, rubbing the back of his neck as he thought.
Kirsten walked towards the kitchen. “I'm gonna start on dinner.”
Valeri took her daughter by the hand. “I'm gonna help.”
Kirsten looked up at her mother with a disdained look. "Momma...you can't see yet."
Valeri frowned. “I can too! Just not as well...I can see shapes now, kind of....” Her frown disappeared and she sighed.
Beelzemon turned to his wife. “Honey, you should still wait.”
Valeri shook her head. “I wanna try at least.”
Hydra smiled. “Well, that's good. Beelzemon and I will...arm wrestle.” he said teasingly, looking at Beelzemon with a gleam in his eye.
Beelzemon gave Hydra a funny look. He shook his head. “Nah thanks! I'm just fine. But if ya wanna watch me play a video game, then that's a totally different story.”
Valeri smiled as she was led away to the kitchen. “You two have fun then, dinner'll be done soon.”
“Alright. I'm pretty sure I can learn quick and easy and probably beat your high scores," Hydra said with a competitive look on his face.
Beelzemon's eyes slitted dangerously and a sneer crossed his pale lips. “I doubt it. Not even Kirsten has yet, and she's pretty damn good.”
Hydra nodded and chuckled a little.
Putting an arm about Hydra's shoulder, Beelzemon led him into the living room. “Well, why don't I show ya instead?”
“All right then,” Hydra said. He looked to a shelf of pictures near the TV. He walked up to them, looking them over. “Is this Valeri's mother and umm, her sister?” he asked, pointing to a picture.
Beelzemon rolled his eyes. “Yuri,” he growled, showing his great distaste for his wife's sister. “Her mom's better.”
Hydra laughed a little. “Huh, interesting. I know how it feels to have annoying siblings. I have a brother and well let's just say he...you know let's just say we don't get along well anymore.”
“Ah, I don't have any siblings, just gotta deal with her damn sister. Man, what a pain.” He sat down on the couch, picking up the controller from the table.
“I will watch at first, then I'll join if that's all right.”
Beelzemon shrugged. “Fine with me.” He started up the game.
Hydra smiled and watched. The graphics were interesting to him. He had never seen technology this advanced on Earth before, it was extraordinary to him.
Beelzemon smirked at Hydra. “You havin' fun?”
“Yes, it's like a movie sphere or movie in your case here.” Hydra said.
Beelzemon chuckled. “If ya like this, then you'll like our actual movies.”
“Really? what kind of movies do you have? I like action, comedy, and a bit of romance.”
“I like action, lots of the gory stuff, ya know? I basically can't stand romance ones." Beelzemon said, his eyes still glued to the TV screen to prevent from dying as he battled against some monsters.
“Huh, it's like war you're playing. Well I can tell you this: war is much more violent than this and I believe it is hell. Only you have to survive to escape from it and head to heaven then hell again only if you have to.” Hydra pointed out as he watched Beelzemon.
Beelzemon shrugged. “I fought all my life. It's do or die in the Digital World in many parts. There are some more serene parts but I never really got to those places.”
“Maybe I can get there, but I shouldn't bug into their business and let it be.”
“Whatever....” Beelzemon's eyes narrowed and a curse hissed through clenched teeth as his character died.
Hydra chuckled a little. “Good job! Only ten minutes and you died.” He smelled the air, catching scent of the sushi almost ready.
“Ah shut it!” Beelzemon snapped. “This game is very hard.”
“Oh really you know I think your daughter is better than you are at most of the games you have.” Hydra said teasingly.
Beelzemon grumbled dark curses under his breath at Hydra and the game.
Hydra chuckled. He stood up and stretched. He went to the kitchen, seeing the girls making sushi. “Hey there. You guys all right? You two have been very quiet.”
Kirsten smiled up at him. “Oh, we're just talking quietly. It's funny to hear you and Dad.”
Valeri looked up in Hydra's direction, her eyes still out of focus and dimmed, but able to see better than before. “I'm trying to concentrate my hardest on the sushi, I still can't see all that well.” She giggled softly
“It's all right I can wait till you finished and love your family photos do you think I might have the chance to meet them," said Hydra.
“I'm quite certain you could. We have a family reunion in a couple days...Oh!” Valeri stopped, looking shocked.
“What?” Hydra asked, concerned.
Valeri's eyebrows arched as she frowned. “How are we going to show the others that I am alive? Everyone knows that I passed away. Oh, I never thought about it....” She lowered her eyes to the floor with uncertainty.
“I can try to explain that I am a scientist and I revived you with a chemical compound that actually worked and with some powder that I put on you to make you look normal again.” Hydra said as he came up with a solution.
Valeir frowned. “That makes very good sense...I guess that could work....”
Kirsten nodded. “It does!”
Hydra smiled in agreement. “Now then, when do you think you should have a family reunion?”
“It's in a couple days." Valeri replied, turning her attention back to the sushi roll in her hand.
“All right then, I guess I could stay a couple days. Ummm, or maybe I have said that all ready, hehe. Sometimes I forget what I say or ask. What is one thing I should worry about your mother and your sister?”
“Well, my sister isn't married, and she likes to flirt with guys. But my mom is a nice person. As long as you're in your human form, you'll be just fine."
“All right, but I'm worried for your sister for I can't help turning into hot guys and sometimes even Lori tries to get into a date with me. Since you told me about your sister, if she hugs me or even tries to kiss me I will make her fall asleep for a week.” Hydra warned.
“That sounds like a sound plan!” Beelzemon said as he strode in. “I still can't get her to keep her hands offa me, though she's already gotta boyfriend.”
“Well, then she is a cheater and I won't take that. If she brings her boyfriend over I will have a talk with him about keeping Yuri-I think you said-about touching cute men. I will even talk with her. Oh, wait she probably would be googling at my face or even my ass.” Hydra frowned at the thought.
Valeri giggled. “She wouldn't listen to anyone. She's older than I am, but she still acts like a teenager.”
“She'd be ooglin' at everythin'. Stupid immature brat!” Beelzemon huffed, folding his arms across his chest moodily.
Hydra laughed. “Well, I will be prepared then.”
Valeri smiled and returned to rolling the seaweed for the sushi.
Beelzemon walked to the refrigerator and rummaged through it.
Hydra went to the dining table and took a seat. He stared at the ceiling then to the wall and everywhere else, liking the house. He groaned a little and held his left forearm for a moment, but relaxed as the pain diminished.
“What's wrong, Hydra?” Kirsten asked as she walked into the room with a plate of finished sushi rolls.
Hydra took one and ate it happily. “It's just when I turn human I can't stay as a human for long. I can stay like this for two to three days at the very most, but it makes almost everything in my body hurt terribly.”
Kirsten looked down at the plate in her hands, her brow furrowing as she pondered the situation. Suddenly she looked up at Hydra. “There's a beautiful rose garden that's tucked away from the prying eyes of others where you could transform!”
“All right, thanks. I will go there then, but later.”
Kirsten nodded. “Of course! We can take you there tomorrow. But for now,” She set the plate down. “Eat your fill.” She turned and walked back to the kitchen.
Hydra ate a few then stopped, wanting them to have their dinner as well. I wonder if I should tell them about Kiba...or maybe not. I don't want them to worry. Even if Valeri did see Kiba asleep. Only she doesn't know what happened and I should keep it that way. Hydra thought to himself.
Beelzemon appeared in the doorway, downing the rest of a beer. “Oh, that's where she put 'em!” He walked over and scooped up a couple, popping them in his mouth. He grinned at Hydra. “I got some pretty good chefs, eh?” He chuckled.
“Mmmm, oh yes. I guess so, whatever that means. Hydra said, not really paying attention.
“They make good food.” Beelzemon said bluntly.
Hydra stayd quiet after that, thinking of what to do in the future and how to help Kiba get back to her old self again. He was suddenly shaken from his thoughts. “Sorry I was...thinking on how I should avoid your, umm, sister-in-law, B. Guess I should just knock her out or something.”
Beelzemon grinned. “We don't care! Make her fall asleep! Then we can just lock her up somewhere and she'll never bother us again!”
Valeri frowned slightly in a disapproving way as she looked at her husband from the kitchen.
Kirsten giggled.
Beelzemon and Hydra walked into the kitchen.
“No, the locking up part won't work. But I will just let her black out for a second and make my way to her mother for protection. Of course, mothers wouldn't let their daughters on someone they don't know,” he said with a laugh. He stretched a little, making his shoulders and arms pop. “Just had to stretch, my magic is startin' its toll on this human body. But I can hold out til' tomorrow or the day after tomorrow at least.” he told the family reassuringly.
“Tomorrow we'll go to the rose garden so that you can have the chance to turn to your normal form.” Kirsten said as she took the roll of seaweed from her mother and started cutting it.
“That sounds like a pretty good idea.” Beelzemon said thoughtfully.
Valeri smiled. “I haven't been there for such a long time, it would be nice to do that again.”
Beelzemon smiled sadly. “Yeah, it would.”
Hydra didn't say anything to bother Beelzemon. He just didn't know if the rose garden would be such a good idea.
Valeri nodded as she picked up another piece of paper-thin seaweed.
Beelzemon watched her for a moment, a feeling of utter happiness swelling up in his heart. He stepped up to her and enveloped her in a tight hug, pressing his face in hair.
Valeri's eyes went wide, then closed partially, tears swelling in her eyes. “Oh, honey....” She placed a hand on his arm.
Hydra left them alone he sat down on the chair looking to the wall. He closed his eyes for a moment, but a kind of energy pulsed through his mind for a second. He didn't know what it was, but he didn't think it was anything terrible. He thought he could worry about it later. He popped his neck and then his hand popped a little on its own. I guess it's been a while since I turned human. I guess I should turn back to normal tomorrow that way none of my bones will crack and cause some kind of internal injury. he thought.
Kirsten set a plate of finished sushi in front of Hydra. “Here we go, I'm making some stir-fry, if you'd like any.”
Hydra began to eat silently. No its all right, but thanks anyway. he thought to himself.
Kirsten tilted her head to one side, then shrugged and started tending to the stir-fry.
Beelzemon had released his hold of Valeri and was busy helping her to unroll the seaweed for the rest of the sushi.
Hydra leaned back in his chair to stair at the ceiling for a long moment. I will wait til' they come out for I can't keep the truth from them any longer.
“Um...Hydra? I've been wanting to ask you but you've seemed rather stressed...” Kirsten sighed. “How's Kiba doin'? Is she Ok?”
Hydra didn't look at her. He stared up at the ceiling, then straightened himself up. He stood up and knelt down and hugged her. “Kiba isn't the same anymore she got in a terrible...accident...even though Valeri came to me...she didn't see Kiba normally. But Kiba was asleep, but if Kiba were awake by the time Valeri came for my help she would've been able to see what she truly looks like now.” he said sadly.
Tears began gathering in Kirsten's eyes.
Beelzemon set his things down to look at his daughter sadly.
Valeri covered her face with her hands to try and stifle her sadness.
Hydra let go of Kirsten. “I have to be alone. I will go walk on the sidewalk for a bit and come back.” He went to the door and left out onto the sidewalk with his hands in his pockets thinking if he had done the right thing to tell them.
Kirsten slowly finished up the stir-fry and set it on the table before she sat in one of the chairs to stare at the wall.
Beelzelmon and Valeri came up on either side of her, placing a hand on her shoulders.
“It'll be Ok, honey.” Valeri said soothingly, running a hand across her daughter's hair, since she could see normally again.
“Yer mom's right, Kirsten. It'll be Ok.”
Kirsten nodded slowly. “I know. But I wish I could be there for her.”
Both parents sighed sadly.
“I bet Hydra is really messed up about this. Let's make sure he has fun at the reunion Monday, shall we?” Kirsten said, looking up at both her parents.
Both parents smiled sadly.
“Yes, of course we shall.” Valeri replied with a small smile.
Beelzemon nodded.

Hydra stood alone, trying to think. “I should stay till the reunion at least then leave as soon as I can, but I don't know if Elektra and Lori will put up to babysit Kiba that long. Man, this is stressful, but I should be polite and meet everyone at least and try not to make a fool of myself, but I swear if Valeri's sister tries to touch me inappropriately I will get her in a coma for a week.” Hydra with a small, dry chuckle.

Since Hydra had not returned for a time, Kirsten and Valeri had put up the leftovers.
Beelzemon was in the living room playing on the Xbox and yelling at the TV when his character died.
Kirsten walked in and sat down beside her father, leaning against his side as she watched him play.

Hydra heard something in front of him. He looked up to see a man coming towards him. He recognized him from somewhere, but didn't know where. All he knew was that he didn't like him. It reminded him of someone. A child...Valeri. This was her father. He stepped on the sidewalk in front of the house with a venomous glare.
The father looked at him, confused. “Who are you?” he asked.
“No need to know, but if you do not leave this area you'll surely pay the consequences.” Hydra said in a menacing tone.
“Of what?” Valeri's father asked, still confused.
“Why, what a sick man you are to molest a child, even your own child, which sickens me to the very core of my soul. You should be ashamed of yourself for never letting God himself upon this world to find what your own purpose is. But no, you abandoned it and chose to be a cruel man.” Hydra growled.
The man stepped back. Hydra took a step forward.
“All right I'll leave then.” Valeri's father said, rather terrified.
“Too late, you took too long to leave so I'll have to kill you slowly or let you suffer pain for the rest of your pathetic life.”
The frightened started to make a run for it and Hydra went after him.

Meanwhile, Valeri and Kirsten were out in the garden tending to the flowers and the vegetables. Beelzemon was sitting up in a nearby tree whittling a long stick with his foreclaw as he watched over his little family.

Valeri's father ran down an alley, but came to a dead end. He turned around to see if he could find a different route, but as he turned he saw Hydra standing in his way. He screamed and fell back in surprise and fear.
Hydra knelt down and picked him up by his collar and raised him to the wall. “People like you sicken me and just rip my guts out. I won't kill you, but I'll make sure you suffer for the rest of your life. You'll feel the pain for eternity.” He placed his free hand on the man's face then whispered out a spell.
A red light glowed under his hand for a split second, then disappeared. Hydra released the man, letting the body slump down.
Valeri's father looked like he was an awakened comatosed person. He showed no emotion, his eyes were pitch black, his skin turning pale.
Hydra looked up to see a man running off. He cursed under his breath then made a run for it back to Valeri's. When he returned, he walked in quietly. He went to the backyard, watching the family planting while Beelzemon watched. He walked up to him. “Sorry I took...so long.”
Beelzemon surveyed him, a slight frown to his hard features. "Ah, that's alright. You look a bit mad. Wazza matter?"
Valeri looked up from her work to look at Hydra with a bit of curiosity, her head tilted to one side.
“Nothing, just went out for a run.” Hydra replied, hiding his guilt of lying to them.
Beelzemon nodded his head slightly and turned his attention back to Kirsten and Valeri.
Valeri stood up, a beautiful forget-me-not in her hand. She walked up to Hydra, presenting him with the flower. “Here, this is for you. Kirsten picked it out.”
Hydra took it gently in his hand. “Thank you, Kirsten.” he said with a smile.
Kirsten's face broke out in a large smile, showing of her tiny fangs, a light blush to her pale cheeks. “You're welcome!”
Hydra smiled to her again. “Well, tomorrow is Monday I believe, right?”
Kirsten nodded, her eyes alight. “Yeah! Our family reunion is tomorrow! Ooooh, I can't wait to get to see everyone again!"
Beelzemon merely snorted. “I can stand not doin' that again.”
Valeri smiled. “Now dear, it wasn't that bad the last time we went.”
Beelzemon nodded slowly. “Yeah but...what are we supposed ta say to 'em? Everyone was at yer funeral. Even your...eh jackass of a family member was there.”
“Who was the jackass?” Hydra asked curiously.
Beelzemon's eyes narrowed and he ground his teeth. “Her supposed father..! He thought he wasn't seen by anyone. But I knew he was there. I could sense his foul presence in the room, defiling the very air.”
Valeri stared at her hands, which were folded in front of her.
Hydra looked at Valeri with concern. “Do you hate him?”
Beelzemon clenched his fist so tightly that his whole arm shook. “Yes! The bastard did untold things ta Val. He told me that it was some sort of bonding thing. But of course he also said I'd never be a dad. I shoulda killed 'im when I had the chance, but Val wouldn't let me.”
Valeri sighed, wiping at her eyes.
Hydra looked to her, then to Beelzemon. “Beelzemon, please don't talk about her father anymore. I think she has heard enough.” He got up and went inside and turned on the TV to the news.
It was talking about fires and robberies and killings then it went on about finding a man in a alley way in a coma-like state. Hydra only watched.
Beelzemon put his arm about Valeri's shoulders. “I'm sorry, Val.”
Valeri shook her head. “No, it's alright. It isn't your fault that my father is the way he is.”
Beelzemon nuzzled the side of her face.
“In recent news, the body of an elderly man was found in a coma-like state. We are not sure what happened to the corpse-like body. He is supposedly breathing and has no wounds on him what so ever, but it could be a simple chemical injection from someone or a suicidal attempt.” said the news lady.
Hydra didn't show any emotion about it. He knew it was himself and he didn't care.
“You did that, didn't you?” Valeri asked as she walked in, although she already knew the answer.
“Yes...I did, but do you think he deserved it?”
Valeri shrugged. “I don't know. I haven't seen him for so long....”
“Sorry if I angered you, but it seemed like he deserved it for doing such a thing. If that would ever happen in my kingdom that person would be executed. I take crimes like this and much worse as well and I'm very serious about it.” Hydra said in a serious tone.
“I'm not upset. You did what you thought was best and that's what counts.” Valeri said, then turned and walked out of the room.
Hydra stood up and nearly followed her, but didn't. He decided to leave her alone. He sat down again. “Why do I feel like a jackass?” he asked himself.
Valeri set to the task of cleaning up the dining room to occupy herself.
Hydra stood up and walked over to her. “I'm sorry if I upset you.” he said apologetically.
Valeri shook her head as she moved around him to dust the dresser.
Hydra looked to the window, seeing Beelzemon still out there with Kirsten. “They could come back in any moment and they don't like seeing a mother unhappy.” he said, turning back to Valeri.
“They won't,” Valeri said quietly as she set down a vase. “I'm going to take a bath.” She headed towards the bathroom.
Hydra nodded as he watched her leave. He went back outside to the backyard. He knelt down by Kirsten. “Still planting the garden?”
Kirsten smiled. “Yes, flowers take a lot of work.”
“Oh really? I never knew that. Can you teach me?” he asked, truly curious.
Kirsten's smile widened. “Of course! Right now we're just planting some seedlings and moving the older ones.” As she spoke, she pointed at the taller flowers, then at the tiny mounds of dirt.
Hydra listened as she began explaining.
Kirsten picked up a water pail and began pouring water on the mounds until they were damp. “All you have to do after you plant the seedlings is water them, keep weeds from trying to kill them, and wait for them to grow.”
“And how long does it take to grow?” Hydra asked.
“Weeks, months. It all depends upon the plant you picked out.” Kirsten explained.
Beelzemon was off to the side trying to pull up a large chunk of crabgrass with no luck.
Hydra looked over at him for a moment, then walked up and grabbed the crabgrass in one hand, pulling it out effortlessly. “B, I think you need to work out more.” he said teasingly as he tossed the uprooted weeds onto a pile of others.
Beelzemon planted both fists on his hips. “Ah shut up! I've been working out and gettin' stronger. Them damn weeds are just a pain in the ass! Besides, you only got 'em out 'cause I loosened 'em for ya.”
Hydra laughed. “It's alright, B. It's just I'm a bigger race and a bit stronger possibly, but am glad to help out pulling weeds for someone who can't.”
Beelzemon huffed a little bit. “Hey, where's Val?” he asked as he looked around, suddenly aware that she wasn't around.
“Taking a bath, she told me as she came in when I was watching the news.” Hydra replied.
Beelzemon started towards the house. “Oh, Ok. I'm gonna go see if she needs anything.”
“Wait you're going in there while she is naked, that is rude, let her have her privacy.” said Hydra.
Beelzemon stopped, looking at Hydra rather confused. “So? She's my wife, why should it matter? Besides, she'll have the curtain drawn, it's not like I'm actually gonna see her or anythin' like that.” He shook his head and walked towards the house.
“Sorry, I am just a huge mannerable guy that respects too much, especially Dad. He is strict with me. He even bosses me around at my own home.” Hydra explained.
“Ah don't worry 'bout it, Hydra.” Beelzemon said.
Kirsten smiled at Hydra as her father disappeared in the house. “It's Ok, Hydra. Dad just wants to check up on Mom. He's a bit overly paranoid at the moment. Being so long without her has messed him up.”
“Yes, I can see that. What did he during the time without her?”
“You mean all the sleeping and drinking?” Kirsten asked as she patted the dirt on a seedling.
“Excuse me....he was drinking," Hydra asked, a little stunned. He became angered at the news. “BEELZEMON, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!” he yelled.
Beelzemon appeared in the doorway of the back door. “Whaaaat?!” he demanded.
“You've been drinking haven't you?” Hydra asked, glaring.
Beelzemon shrugged. “So? Why the hell do you care if I was or not? I'm old enough to.”
“Yah, but it's bad for you and takes years away and if I find any beer bottles in that fridge or anywhere I will rip your throat and tongue out.” Hydra said warningly.
Beelzemon merely rolled his eyes. “I'm a Digimon. It don't affect me none." He turned and walked back inside.
Kirsten giggled a little.
"Watch this, Kirsten.” Hydra said to the younger girl. He started to walk to the house, popping his knuckles.
Kirsten burst into a fit of giggles.
Inside, Beelzemon was pulling a beer from the refrigerator and was headed toward the living room to sit and play one of his video games.
Hydra came in and took the beer bottle and put it in the garbage can. “Ok, hand your head over cause I'm gunna rip your tongue out now.”
Beelzemon folded his arms over his chest. “Oh yeah, right. Like yer really gonna rip my tongue out for drinking a bit.”
Hydra grabbed hold of Beelzemon by his helmet while his other hand went for the Viral's mouth. “Hold still.” he growled.
Beelzemon yelped and wriggled away. He bolted for the bathroom. “Valeri, help!”
Hydra laughed his head off then headed for the fridge and saw the beers. He growled then threw them away. “There, now to look around the house for more of those wretched things.”
Beelzemon watched Hydra from a distance, muttering about how it wasn't fair that his beer was being taken away. Luckily he had left one in the bathroom and now he was sipping on the remains of it. “He won't find any of the others. Besides, when he leaves, I'll just go get more.”
“I HEARD THAT!”
Beelzemon flinched. “I didn't say nothin'!” he yelled back, then took several steps towards the bathroom, just in case Hydra came after him again.
Hydra walked up to him. “B, stop drinking. It's bad for you and you'll die an early age.”
“Whatever.” Beelzemon said, taking a sip from his beer bottle.
“Alright, now to rip your throat out!” he growled, heading for Beelzemon, who bolted into the bathroom. “Valeri hurry up and finish your bath," he yelled.
“Why, so she can watch?" Beelzemon asked sarcastically. He downed the rest of his beer and tossed it in the trash can beside the counter.
“No, that way she can get and I'll come in there and kick your ass!”
“No you won't!” Beelzemon said as he leaned against the counter. “You wouldn't let him, would ya Val?” he asked, looking at his wife worriedly.
“Of course not, love.” Valeri said, smiling reassuringly.
“Valeri, your husband will die an early age if he keeps drinking beer. It's bad for everyone's health.” Hydra said.
“I know it is, Hydra. I planned on making him cut back. It takes time to stop drinking, just as it does smoking.” Valeri explained, hoping to calm the Snake God down a little.
Beelzemon merely grunted his disapproval.
“Well, he better quit quick or I really will rip his tongue and throat out.”
Valeri frowned. “I do not approve of your method, Hydra. There is no reason to be so violent. It is not all his fault that he drinks as he does.”
Beelzemon smiled. “Thanks Val.”
“Alright, if you say so Valeri, but still, drinking is bad and I hate it when people drink.”
“Tell that ta half the freakin' world!” Beelzemon snorted. “You'd be rippin' out so many people's throats that there'd hardly be anyone left! And what about the people who do drugs? That's even worse than what I'm doin'!”
Hydra nodded. “True, but I would actually put some sense into them.”
“And what makes me so different that you'd rather try and rip my freakin' throat out?” Beelzemon grumbled.
“Simple, you have a family that loves ya and doesn't want you to die. So there's your explanation.” Hydra replied.
“Well, I ain't dyin' 'cause of some stupid drink. If I die, it'll either be peaceful 'cause I'm supposed ta, or because I'm protecting my family. I ain't dyin' any other way.”
Valeri smiled gently at her husband. “We wouldn't want it any other way.”
There was a knock at the front door. Hydra went over and opened it. It was a boy around Kirsten's age.
“Umm, is Kirsten home? And who're you? The last time I saw her dad he was wearing black leather with a helmet and all that stuff on 'em'.” the boy said, looking past Hydra.
“Umm, I'm just a visitor and yes Kirsten is here, she is out in the back.” Hydra said. He moved away from the door and watched as the boy walked past. He watched from the window as the boy kneeled down beside Kirsten. “B, does Kirsten have friends around here?” he called to Beelzemon, just to make sure that the child was allowed.
“She does, but they don't really ever come over. Why would ya ask?” Beelzemon asked as he walked out of the bathroom.
Hydra wasn't sure about that. The child looked strange, but the air was fine. There were no ripples of any aura. He walked outside. “Kirsten do you know this kid?” he asked as he reached Kirsten.
Kirsten looked up at the child. “Yes, that is Darren. He goes to school with me.”
Hydra nodded and went back in. He was all right now. He sat down at the dining table wondering himself if his friends-especially Kiba-were Ok.
Inside, Beelzemon sat down on the couch and started flipping through the channels of the television. Valeri, dressed in a bathrobe, walked in and curled up against him, her head on his side.
Meanwhile, outside Kirsten and Darren were finishing up with the flowers.
Hydra winced a little from the pain in his hand. “I am leaving somewhere to change back, if I stay like this any longer I'm afraid a few bones will crack or break.” Hydra said to Beelzemon and Valeri. He went to the door and out. He held his arm as he walked down the sidewalk.
Kirsten, seeing Hydra, got up and ran towards him. “Hydra, are you hurt? Let me show you to the rose garden, there you can change without anyone seeing you. Everywhere else is too crowded.”
“No, Kirsten. I don't think I'll go there, I'd rather head out of town for this. I don't want to risk anyone seeing me.”
Kirsten nodded understandingly. "Alright then." She turned and walked back to Darren.
Hydra smiled as she left, then he headed out of town. Eventually, he got out on the outskirts of town then he turned back into a Snake God again. He felt his bones popping back into place. He sighed in relief then he laid down just behind the hills that way no one would see him. Eventually, he fell asleep without realizing it.
At the house, Kirsten and Darren were in the kitchen eating while her parents were still in the living room watching television.
“I wonder what's taking Hydra so long?” Kirsten muttered to herself.

Hydra heard something and felt something covering his snout. He woke up seeing a muzzle on there. He looked around, seeing some humans were out talking to one another. He tried to move but he was pinned down by ropes or something. He couldn't tell his head wouldn't move either. Hydra could easily get out of this, but he wanted to have some fun first.

Darren stood up. “I gotta go home now, Kirsten.” he said as he walked to the doorway.
“Alright, bye.” Kirsten said, waving.
After Darren left, Kirsten walked into the living. She saw that her mother was asleep while her father was well on his way there. She sat down and picked up the remote, changing it to cartoons.

Hydra watched as the humans brought a large pick-up made of bendable iron, but since he was tied down he couldn't bend or move, but that's what they thought. Hydra just laughed to himself, trying to hide a smile.
One human man came up. He had a suit on and he looked very serious. Hydra just looked up at him, then the man walked away with no expression. Wow and I thought Elektra was always serious, but that is hard core staring. Hydra thought to himself.

Bored, Kirsten started playing a video game since her mother was still sleeping. Her father watched her since he had shaken off the veil of sleep for a little.
Hydra watched the sky as it turned dark and the stars came out and the moon glowed. He didn't mind staying out late. “Well they might be worrying about me so maybe I should go back or have a look around town in disguise of course,” he said to himself. He breathed in then turned into a German Shepard, shedding himself of his bonds. He barked out and wagged his furry tail, experimenting with this new body. “Wow, fur is kinda neat but annoying. I hope I don't get fleas.” He started to run into town to have a good look around.

Because of the time, Kirsten went about her daily routine of getting ready for bed before retiring upstairs.
After checking the clock, Beelzemon gathered his slumbering wife carefully in his arms and went upstairs to their bedroom, where he laid her on the bed and tucked her in before going back downstairs.

Hydra sat watching people drive cars and walk and talk in the park. A few children came up and petted his head and ears, one even scratched his belly. Maybe I should be a dog more often. As the kids left, Hydra went around the park again. He found a small place with a fence in front of. He peeked through, seeing a room with a hole in it. He wondered why would there be a strange place here like this. It didn't really smell of human much. He back away a little.
As Hydra turned around he saw a red dinosaur-like creature.
“Hi!” it said happily, waving.
Hydra blinked and sat down.
A young boy came up behind it. “Come on, Guilmon. We're going down to the Bakery.” he said.
“Ok, Takato.” The creature known as Guilmon left with the child, waving to Hydra. “Bye bye!”
Supposedly this thing lived here. Hydra didn't want to follow so he turned and started to head back to Beelzemon's home.

Beelzemon was rummaging through the refrigerator and the freezer for any cans of beer that managed to escape Hydra. He managed to find one at the very back of the freezer. It was nearly frozen and extremely cold, but the Mega was too happy to care. He went back into the living room, settled himself on the couch, opened his beer, and continued watching TV.
Hydra changed to his human form when he reached the front door. He walked in and saw Beelzemon about to take a sip. He grabbed the can and crushed it. “No beer for you.” he said with a glare.
Beelzemon growled in frustration and got up. “I'm so sick of this! I'm goin' ta bed!” With that he stormed off towards the stairs.
Hydra sighed to himself.
Beelzemon sat on the bed beside his slumbering wife, grumbling a bit to himself. He looked down at Valeri and sighed. “Hydra is right in any case...I gotta stop drinkin' so much.” He stroked Valeri's hair, moving it out of her face. The Viral leaned down and kissed her forehead before lying down to sleep.
Hydra turned the TV off and went outside to find the sleeping place again for his time to rest. He found it and turned into a Snake God and laid, down falling asleep.