Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Death of a Loved One ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next morning Kirsten was up and getting ready for school, making sure not to disturb her parents.
Hydra watched as the sun came up. He sighed, knowing that it was Monday already and the reunion would be later on. He wasn't quiet sure about it, but he would deal with it since he was interested into meeting everyone.
Kirsten walked down the street on her way to school, thinking about the reunion, Hydra, her mother's return, and Kiba.
Meanwhile back at the castle Elektra was with Kiba on studying battle strategies. Even though Elektra walked with three legs, she was able to get around.
Kiba just sat on a chair, staring out blankly.
Elektra looked back to her, but Kiba was gone. She looked around. “Kiba...KIBA!” she yelled, running out of the room.
Hydra turned back into a human and went back to the house.
Valeri was now up and working on breakfast. She smiled at Hydra as he walked in. “Hello. Would you like anything?”
“Umm no, I am fine. I don't want to get too attached to the foods here on Earth, besides just something is been bugging me a bit, but try not to ask me for I don't know the answer.” Hydra said as he thought.
Valeri nodded understandingly and went back to cooking.

Kiba took a pod and landed on earth close to the city that Valeri, Beelzemon, Kirsten and Hydra were in. She still had a blank look on her face. Her eyes turned from sapphire blue to an orange red.
Hydra stood up as he sensed something. “I got to go now I'll be right back did Kirsten leave?”
“Why, yes she did. She's on her way to school.” Valeri replied.
Hydra bolted from the room and outside.
Kiba saw Kirsten walking on her way to school, which was nearby. She jumped down behind her.
Kirsten sensed something behind her. She spun around and nearly fell from surprise. “Kiba!”
Kiba grabbed the collar of Kirsten's shirt and held her up above the ground.
Hydra raced towards where Kirsten was. He spotted Kiba still holding Kirsten. “Kiba!” he yelled.
Kiba looked back at him with a blank expression.
“Kiba, what has gotten into you?!” Kirsten cried, desperately trying to free herself. “Let me go! It's me, Kirsten! Kiba”
Kiba threw her down hard to the ground and took a stance against Hydra.
“Kiba, I don't want to fight, please just get back to your old self. PLEASE!” he said pleadingly to Kiba, though it only fell on deaf ears.
Kiba merely glared.
Kirsten got to her feet. “What is wrong with Kiba, Hydra?”
Hydra took up a stance as well. “Kirsten, get out of here now.” he said, not looking away from Kiba.
Kiba didn't move for a few moments, then charged at him. Hydra dodged, but she scratched his cheek then kicked his side. She charged again and kicked him under the chin then punched his stomach, sending him flying.
Hydra slammed against a building and landed on his knees. He stood up and spit a tooth out. He took another stance. “I won't fight you.” he said.
Kiba only still gave a glare.
“Oh my God!” Kirsten cried, then bolted from the scene towards school.
Kiba turned seeing Kirsten running she ran after her, but Hydra got in the way and threw her back.
Kirsten hid behind a tree to watch.
Kiba then started to change. Her body shapeshifted into a black dragon with orange markings. She looked demonic compared to her usual form. She roared out and people started to run around in a panic. Hydra thought that he should turn back to normal. But knew he wouldn't fit in the street and have a hard time moving around. He had to lead her out. He ran up and punched her cheek and started off in a run. Kiba roared out and started to chase after him.
Kirsten gasped. “Oh no! What am I going to do? I need to get home and tell Mom and Dad!” She took off for a short cut home.
Hydra ran out on the outskirts of town and turned back into Snake God again. He used his tail to wrap around Kiba and throw her off. She landed on her feet perfectly. She growled and breathed out fire, so did Hydra. The blast of flames met pushing each other, negating the effects.
Beelzemon and Valeri were eating breakfast when Kirsten burst into the room, panting.
Both parents looked at her in surprise.
“Kirsten! What are you doing home? Honey, what's wrong?” Valeri asked in concern.
“It's Kiba! She attacked me!” Kirsten choked out between gasps. “Dad, Hydra needs your help!”
Beelzemon stood up. “What the hell? Why would Kiba attack you? Well, let's go!”
Valeri watched as the two hurried from the room. “Be careful!”
As Kiba and Hydra fought it was a sad sight. Hydra wasn't trying much for he didn't want to hurt her, but the mindless raging Kiba, still as a dragon against him, tried many attacks. Hydra dodged them easily.
Then in an instant, Kiba tackled him at the neck, choking. She then bit down on his throat.
Hydra threw his head around trying to get her off. She flew in the air, but landed on her feet growling with bared fangs.
Hydra growled a little. His neck wasn't terribly wounded but it did bleed a little.
Hydra was about to attack, but he was hit off by a black wave. He fell heavily, causing the ground to erupt underneath him. He got up, seeing Death Shadow next to Kiba with an evil smile spread across her face. He growled with extreme hatred.
Beelzemon and Kirsten arrived at where Hydra, Kiba, and Death Shadow were standing. They halted when they saw Death Shadow.
Beelzemon groaned. “Oh not her again! I thought she was dead!”
Kirsten growled under her breath.
Death Shadow pointed towards them. Kiba turned and pawed the ground, ready to fight with baring fangs.
Hydra was about to get in the way, but Death Shadow stepped in the way and took a stance as well.
Beelzemon drew his guns from their holsters.
“Wait, Dad!" Kirsten cried. “We can't fight Kiba! She's our friend!”
“I know honey," Beelzemon said calmly. “But she'll kill us if we don't at least ward her off. Besides, she's stronger than us, we won't be able ta beat her anyhow.”
Kirsten nodded slowly. “I understand.”
Kiba growled then charged up. She disappeared into the ground as a shadow then jumped out when she was close enough, hitting Beelzemon with her tail. He barely had time to regain his balance as she jumped at him again putting her right paw on his back.
Hydra breathed ice at Death Shadow, encasing her in it. Then he wrapped his tail around Kiba's stomach and threw her off Beelzemon. She simply got up as though nothing happened.
Death Shadow broke free of the ice and attacked Hydra, but he dodged as quickly as he could.
Kiba shook her self and popped her neck. She growled once more ready to fight again. She charged at Beelzemon once more.
Beelzemon grit his teeth and tensed his body to spring away if she managed to strike at him.
Kirsten covered her face with her hands.
Kiba jumped at him with baring fangs and large claws ready to rip Beelzemon to shreds.
Beelzemon leapt away just as Kiba was about to ram into him. He grabbed hold of Kirsten and dealt a hefty blow to Kiba's head with his boot before taking off.
Kiba skidded on her stomache. She stood up shaking her head. She was a little dizzy, but shook it off. She looked to Hydra still fighting Death Shadow. She growled a bit and turned human, turning her arm into a blade.
“No! Hydra!” Kirsten screamed, pulling away from her father.
“Kirsten!” Beelzemon cried, trying to grab at Kirsten.
Kirsten threw herself at Kiba, causing both to tumble to the ground in a heap.
Kiba got up and grabbed Kirsten's shirt at the collar area. She held her up in the air and was ready to strike her blade into the struggling girl, staring at her in horror.
Hydra looked over and hit off Death Shadow with his tail, then lunged his head and knocked Kirsten out of Kiba's grasp only to get stabbed into the neck. Hydra roared out and collapsed, yelling in pain.
Kiba pulled her blade out and turned it back in a hand, which was covered in Hydra's crimson blood.
Hydra looked to her with pain etched on his features.
“No!” Kirsten screamed. She knelt down beside Hydra, placing her hands over the wound.
Beelzemon rushed to them, ready to protect the pair from Kiba and Death Shadow, should either choose to attack while Kirsten tried to heal Hydra.
Hydra moved away from Kirsten. “Get out of the way...Kirsten.” he said weakly.
Kiba only glared but saw Death Shadow signaling to follow. Kiba ran after her and both disappeared.
“What why did they-?” Hydra started, but he was cut off as he looked over, seeing Elektra.
She was walking over with three legs. Her front left leg was completely gone but she walked as though she still had four legs.
Beelzemon snickered. “Same as always.”
Hydra shook his head.
“You...Let's just get off this rock and leave these pathetic excuses of fighters.” Elektra said with a snort, looking from Beelzemon to Hydra.
“Elektra come on, he was just kidding.” Hydra said.
Elektra frowned. “No. I don't hold grudges. And as for you, you could have died today and you still fight and still come to this planet. And you have been nearly seen and discovered by those skin monkeys.”
Hydra shrugged. “Oh, so you supposedly hate your friends now.”
“Hate them? HA! Of course I dislike them, but not hate them. And besides, you seem to hate families anyways.” Hydra said with a sniff, turning away.
“WHAT'S THATS SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!” Hydra yelled, unable to keep his temper in check.
“Oh you know what I mean, you sorry excuse for a king!” she yelled back. "
“I could have you blown off from this planet and sent straight to a lava planet to where you could just waddle around with two legs!”
Both he and Elektra continued to argue with each other.
Beelzemon smacked his forehead. “Oh you guys are actin' stupid! Kinda like a bickerin' husband and wife. And that is a sad, sad thing.”
Kirsten nodded as she stood up. “You guys should stop. Mom's probably worried about us. And I've missed my first period of school.”
Hydra stopped, but Elektra just huffed. “You guys just go on ahead. I don't want to be in a monkey civilization or with a worm that mourns over his family that's been dead for many years.” she said as she walked off.
Hydra sighed, trying to keep his temper down from that remark.
Kirsten ground her teeth together. “Hey! You stupid excuse for a dragon! Do you know what it's like to lose someone you love? Do you?! Or are you too cruel to have ever cared about anyone?”
Hydra went in front of Kirsten protectively as Elektra started for her.
“You shut your mouth brat and don't you ever say I don't care about anyone!” Elektra warned with a low growl.
Kirsten glared at Elektra. “Then don't you dare ever say anything bad about Hydra like that! Not everyone can get over losing their loved ones so easily, even if they've been gone for a long time. Besides, if you want him to get over losing them so badly, then why aren't you trying to do anything, hm?” She folded her arms across her chest.
“Because he should help himself and he is doin' an Ok job so far. Besides squirt, quit acting like a mother towards me.”
Kirsten stuck her tongue out at Elektra.
Beelzemon rolled his eyes and scooped her up in his arms. “C'mon, or you'll be late for the rest of yer school day.” he said as he started off in the direction of the school.
Elektra laid down. Hydra watched Beelzemon and Kirsten go. He sighed and turned human to follow.
“Are you feelin' any better?” Kirsten asked Hydra as he neared.
Hydra didn't answer his mind was only on Kiba.
“None of us does,” Beelzemon said. He set Kirsten down. “Well, here we are, Kirsten. Now run off ta school and I'll see ya later.”
“Ok, bye Dad, bye Hydra.” Kirsten said as she walked towards school, waving to them.
Hydra only smiled. “Well, when is the family reunion? For I must leave straight after.”
Beelzemon turned to Hydra. "Well, I'm not exactly sure. Ya'd haveta ask Val about that one.”
Hydra nodded. “Well, I guess I could, but I can't bare to see Kirsten and Valeri sad when I go.” said Hydra.
“Yah, I know. But I think Kirsten's most upset 'bout Kiba than you leavin'.”
Hydra stayed silent for a moment. “I know, but I don't know what to do she could be lost forever and the only could probably be...well, I don't know exactly.” He shook his head.
Beelzemon grinned. “Yah. But it'll be Ok.”
Hydra just smiled. Eventually the house was spotted. He looked back then forward again. "Wonder what will happen at the reunion I just have no idea how to explain how a dead person can come back well I think of something but this will be a funny day to remember always," said Hydra.
Beelzemon sighed and ran his claws through his hair in agitation. “I dunno what ta make of this whole thing, Val comin' back, you bein' here, Kiba being messed up. It's kinda crazy if ya ask me.” He looked up at the sky, hooking his thumbs in the belts about his waist.
"It is and I'm so sorry you and your family got dragged into this turkey shit that never ceases to an end," siad Hydra.
"I guess so. But I'm not all too worried 'bout it. We'll just see how it goes," Beelzemon said as he walked up to the porch. He opened the door. “Honey, we're back!”
Valeri hurried into the room, flinging her arms about her husband's middle. “You're alright! Oh, I was so worried. Where's Kirsten, is she at school?”
Beelzemon returned the embrace. “We're fine, luv. Yes, Kirsten's at school, I dropped her off mahself.”
Valeri pulled away, breathing a sigh. “Alright. I'm sorry, just a little worried, that's all.”
Beelzemon smiled reassuringly and kissed her forehead. “Yah, I know.”
Valeri looked at Hydra, seeing a wound that Kirsten couldn't heal. "Are you alright?"
"Ya I'm fine...just fine is all so when will everyone will be here then," trying to lighten up as Hydra said that.
Valeri gave him a rather blank expression. "Everyone...here..? No, they aren't going to be here. We're all going to be at the park, like we do every year. Our family is just so large, it's the best place to be."
"All right then should we head there and get everything set then," he asked?
Valeri merely smiled. "No, we just wait till the day. The other's set it all up."
"Alright, but I'll go to the park anyways I need to think," he said. Hydra left out of the door and headed down the street with his head held low.
Valeri laid her head on Beelzemon's chest. "He's very unhappy." she commented sadly.
"Well, Kiba just attacked us today, so yah he is."
Valeri looked up at Beelzemon in alarm. "She did?! But why?"
"I think she's under Death Shadow's control. She was there too."
Valeri looked down at the floor. "This isn't good."
Hydra stopped at the park and watched as people passed by without having a second thought of even greet people. "This planet is...strange, but also hostile," he said to himself.
Beelzemon returned to Kirsten's school to wait for her while Valeri went to the park. There she found Hydra.
“Hi, Hydra." she said as she walked up to him.
Hydra looked to her then looked ahead. “Hey....” he said simply.
Valeri sighed sadly and turned away, walking off towards her mother and sister.
Hydra looked up, seeing the family coming. He walked up just behind Valeri, keeping his hands behind his back ank kept himself straight with a friendly smile.
Ms. Shinshiju stopped when she saw Valeri, covering her mouth with her hands as her eyes grew wide.
Valeri halted and forced a small smile, waving. “Hi, Momma.”
Ms. Shinshiju pulled her hands away from her face. “V, Valeri? Oh my God!” She ran up to her daughter, throwing her arms around her in a tight embrace. “My baby...oh my baby....”
Valeri hugged her mother in return. “Momma....”
Hydra smiled simply and watched as mother and daughter were reunited. At least they won't be sad anymore. This a good family that needs to stay happy. he thought.
The pair pulled apart when they heard a loud squeal.
Valeri was surprised as Yuri flung herself at her younger sister, nearly knocking her over. “Hi, sis, I've missed you too!”
Yuri was sobbing too hard to say anything, all she could do was bury her face in her sister's shoulder and tighten her embrace.
Valeri smiled and returned the hug. "Aw, Yuri. I didn't think you'd miss me so much."
Hydra gave a small chuckle at the two sisters. He staid silent, waiting patiently and politely.
Ms. Shinshiju noticed the strange new man that certainly didn't belong to the family. "And who might you be?" she asked him in a polite tone.
“I am...Dr. White and I brought your daughter to life.” he lied carefully.
Ms. Shinshiju studied the man's face carefully. “I see...But how did you do such a thing? Nothing like this has ever happened before. How am I to know that you aren't a Digimon that has brought her back?”
Valeri and Yuri pulled away from each other to look at their mother. But Yuri's gaze strayed to the handsome looking man that her mother was talking to, and her eyes lit up.
Hydra was silent for a moment as he thought. “Ummm, well no. I'm not a Digimon, but since Valeri is a close trusted...Earth friend, I guess I could just say that I am not a human or a Digimon, but of something else. I had to use magic to bring Valeri back. So I think that is enough of all I can tell you for I still don't trust you or your other daughter completely yet.” he explained with a sincere smile.
Ms. Shinshiju smiled and nodded. “Of course. Thank you for bringing her back to us.”
Meanwhile, Yuri was slowly moving closer to Hydra, wanting a better look at him.
Valeri saw this and shook her head. She looked around for Yuri's boyfriend, Xian, but found no trace of him. “Oh boy, she's going to get into trouble.” she muttered to herself.
Hydra turned to Yuri. “Ma'am I don't want any trouble and I am not human or Digimon and it would be a big issue if you try to flirt with my kin.” he warned.
Yuri gave him a slightly blank look. “Huh? I'm not doing anything!” She turned away, arms folded across her chest in her usual huffy way.
“I know, but I was warned about you with Valeri's husband so that is my warning and you better listen or else I'll put you in a temporary coma to where you won't wake up for a week.” he warned with a small smirk.
Yuri rolled her eyes. “Oh whatever. You shouldn't listen to Val's husband anyways. He's mean and a liar.”
Valeri glared at her sister. “Don't you say that! You're more of a liar and a spoiled brat to boot! So don't you dare say anything bad about Beelzemon!”
Yuri stuck her tongue out at her sister and walked off.
Hydra laughed a little. “Well, we shouldn't get into a fight now since it's been a long time from seeing a lost relative.” he said with a kind smile.
“Oh don't worry about Yuri, she fights with everyone when she doesn't get her way. She's a brat like that.” Valeri explained as she turned her attention from her sister to Hydra.
Hydra nodded in understanding. “Well, when will your daughter and husband get here? That way we can start the reunion and also are there others coming??h
Valeri smiled. “I’m not sure. Why don't we just walk around and introduce you to one of my cousins, Mitsukiara while we wait? I'm sure she's around here somewhere.”
Hydra nodded and thought the idea was all right. He popped his neck a little, feeling a bit sore but got used to it.
Ms. Shinshiju smiled. “Alright then, I'll be over with Yuri and Xian to make sure they stay out of trouble. I'm certain Mitsy is over by the food.” She walked off, waving to the pair.
Valeri took Hydra by the wrist and led him to the tables full of food, looking around for any sign of her cousin.
Hydra grabbed a strawberry. “The funny thing is, I hate most vegetables and fruits but I love strawberries. When I was young, mom would always sneak a few strawberries into my salad. It was the least she could do. You see, we Snake Gods don't want to be a total carnivorous beast just more omnivore instead, like you humans. Oh and besides family members, are there friends coming too, like some old pals in recent years or no??h
Valeri looked around, seemingly not to have heard him. “Mitsy...where are you?” she muttered to herself.
Hydra looked to Valeri and smiled. He stretched a little, which made his back pop loudly. He groaned a little, but shook it off.
Valeri gave him a sympathetic look before walking off to search for Mitsukiara.
Hydra stayed where he was to wait patiently. He had no idea what time it was but he knew the reunion would start soon.
Valeri talked with several of her relatives, though they seemed rather afraid of her at first. But she was able to find out that Mitsukiara was unable to attend the reunion because of work. A little disappointed at that fact, Valeri returned to Hydra to tell him the news.
Hydra understood. “Well, that's all right. Maybe another reunion that you and your family would have to do on your own without me or possibly I could come.” he said with a sincere smile.
Valeri shrugged. “I don't know. But Kirsten and Beelzemon should be here soon. Luckily it won't be like this one reunion when we were attacked by two Digimon. They almost killed Beelzemon, but he managed to win.”
“More Digimon come here?” he asked curiously.
“If they manage to find the Digi-portals that lead to here, yes.”
"Digi-portals, hmmm do you go to the Digital World often?” he asked.
Valeri shook her head. “No, we mostly stay here. Kirsten has gone with her father a bit I think. But ever since LadyDevimon caught me the first time Beelzemon took me, I've been rather afraid to go back.”
“Where is LadyDevi-well whoever, where is she or he?” he asked.
“Well, Beelzemon had deleted her when he rescued me...But he explained that she could have returned since her Data was not absorbed. She is probably still very upset about what happened. Virals don't forget a wrong-doing.”
Hydra seemed a little surprised. “Oh, interesting. I will have to go to the Digital World someday. But not yet though.?h He got a cup of water instead of the fruit punch and took a drank.
Valeri put her face in her hand and squeezed her eyes shut. She was suddenly feeling dizzy and had to grab hold of the table with her free hand to keep from falling.,
Hydra came over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. “You alright, Valeri? Hey, you Ok?” he asked worriedly.
Valeri stepped away from him. “Yes, I'm alright I-” She suddenly collapsed.
“VALERI!” he yelled. He sat her up in his arms. “Call the hospital, someone!?h he yelled out to the crowd growing around him.
Ms. Shinshiju rushed to the pair. “Oh my God, what happened?!"”she asked worriedly.
Xian was on the phone calling the ambulance while holding onto a sobbing Yuri.
“She fainted. I don't know what's wrong,” Hydra said as he picked up Valeri into his arms. “Where is the hospital? The ambulance is taking too long.” he asked, turning to Valeri?fs mother.
“It's a several miles from here.” Ms. Shinshiju said, looking Valeri over worriedly.
“Well, I'm not going to sit around and wait. She needs the-” Hydra stopped when he saw the ambulance arriving.
They brought the bed over and Hydra set Valeri on there. He followed the ambulance into the van and towards the hospital.
“What happened?” asked one of the medics
Hydra shrugged. “I don't know, she fainted.” he explained.
Valeri groaned.
“She seems to be all right. We'll just have her for the night. Are you her husband or relative?” the medic asked.
“No, just a friend.” he said.
The medic nodded.
After minutes, they got Valeri in a room where Hydra sat in a chair next to her, staring at her and wondering if she would be Ok.
After about an hour, Beelzemon and Kirsten arrived.
Kirsten went to stand beside Hydra.
Beelzemon sat down on the bed beside his wife, stroking her cheek. “What happened?” he asked, not looking at Hydra.
“She fainted, she felt dizzy probably. But it could've been a side effect to the potion that was given to her to bring her to life.” Hydra said, mulling over that fact.
“Maybe,” Beelzemon said quietly. “She was never really to good with medicines and the like. She gets sick easily.”
Kirsten sighed sadly. “Yeah. We don't know why though.”
Hydra shook his head and sighed. “I can go back to the healer and ask what the symptoms could be or what she needs to actually let her body be used to that medicine.” he suggested.
“That may be a good idea,” Beelzemon said, looking up at Hydra with a hint of anger written on his face. “But you shoulda asked her that in the first place.”
“I know I should've but now I will go and come back and leave for I can't stay much longer.” Hydra said, getting up and heading to the door.
“Hurry back, Hydra,” Kirsten said. “And please be careful.”
Hydra nodded. As he left town, he waited until he was a bit of ways away to transform into a Snake God again. He flew high into sky and use a port key to head back to the planet where the healer was. He shook off the rain as it poured from the darkened sky as he reached the other side.
Kirsten sat down in a nearby chair. She sighed and looked up at her father. “Man, everything's gettin' so confusing, huh Dad?”
Beelzemon nodded. “Yeah...But I'm happy yer mom's back. I just hope there's not any bad side-affects to that stuff he used on 'er.”
Kirsten looked at her mother worriedly. “I agree.”

Hydra turned into a human and walked inside the cabin.
Nayru looked up to see him. “Hello again. What is it you need once again?” she asked.
“That potion you gave me is acting a little strange.”
“Oh, that is just a side effect. She fainted didn't she? Well she'll do that once or twice then never again. But...” Nayru broke off.
“What?” Hydra urged.
“Does she have any kind of special power of any sort?”
“No.” Hydra said, shaking his head.
“Well, that is a little bad then.”
Hydra frowned, confused. “Why would Valeri need magic? She wouldn't even use it.?h
“She doesn't have to. She can just get this boost of energy to where it'll help lessen the side effects,” She got up and went to a shelf and picked out another potion. “Here, let her drink this.?h she said, handing it to Hydra.
“What is she gunna get?” Hydra asked.
“Oh, some telepathy is all. That'll help.” Nayru replied.

Beelzemon stood up, stretching his arms above his head. When he was finished, he sat back down on the edge of the bed, looking at his wife.
Valeri was still sleeping peacefully.
“I'm hungry,” Kirsten announced as she got up. “I'm going to get something from one of the vending machines, is that Ok?”
“Yah, sure.”
“Kay.” Kirsten walked out of the room.
Beelzemon sighed and brushed stray hair from Valeri's face. “Man, you've been through a lot, haven't ya love?”
Hydra flew off and through the portal. He turned back into a human and entered the town again. He got into the hospital and to Valeri's room. “Here let her drink this.” He handed the potion to Beelzemon.
Beelzemon looked at the potion quizzically. He turned to his wife and lifted her so that she was leaning against him. “Here, Val. This should help.” he said as he poured the liquid down her throat.
Valeri coughed hoarsely for a moment, then settled back down.
Beelzemon set the bottle on the table after laying Valeri back down.
“She should be fine, but with something a bit new and you kind of have to be prepared for she will have a bit of telepathy to where she can read minds and move some objects. But I doubt she'll try to use them. Besides, I wouldn't let her inside my mind for any means necessary. I don't let anyone. But it is a warning so if you try to lie she'll find the real truth.” Hydra explained to the Mega.
Beelzemon nodded slowly, though he really didn't understand the telepathy part. “I don't really lie to her anyways.”
“Well, just a warning then.” Hydra said. He walked out the door and waited out in the hall, sitting on a bench.
Beelzemon sighed and lay down on his side beside his wife.
Outside the room, Kirsten returned. “Hydra, you're back,” She sat down beside him. “Is everything alright?”
“Yes, I am fine, just waiting til’ Valeri wakes up that way I can say goodbye and possibly never return till the war is over.” Hydra said.
Kirsten's face fell. “Never return...? War? What's been going on since we left?”
Hydra hugged her. “War hasn't ever stopped. Death Shadow has that master, remember? Night Claw, he is still out there and killing many people and I have to stop him for he has Kiba now. Even though it all seems like we'll never see each other again, but I will either way Kirsten and that's a promise. After this is all over I will come back and see you and your parents, I promise and I never ever break a promise.”
Kirsten could sense the sorrow in Hydra, and that made her all the more sad.
“I wish there was some way we could help you....”
“No...none of you will participate in this war ever that will endanger you all and get you tied up in it I don't want you or your family in any part of this.” Hydra told her firmly.
“I know.” Kirsten said, still looking sad.
Hydra let go of her. “Well, I am going inside to see your mother and father. I must leave soon and I think it should be now instead of later,” He stood up and walked into the room. “B, I'm gunna leave, but tell Val I'll be back once the war is over. And B, just take care of this family please.”
Beelzemon sat up. “What? Yer leavin' already?”
"I have to besides my kingdom will need me and Kiba is out and...confused, but I will be back once it’s all over and hopefully soon,” Hydra said. He patted Beelzemon’s shoulder. “Take care, friend.”
Beelzemon heaved a sigh and lay back down. “Fine, whatever....”
Hydra walked out in the hall and left the hospital and town. He stopped in the middle of the field, feeling terrible that he was going to just go ahead and leave. “Well, I guess we won't see each other for a long time.” he said to himself.
Beelzemon stared at the ceiling for awhile before closing his eyes to sleep.
Kirsten walked in and laid down on the other side of the bed.
Hydra opened the portal and left.

Kirsten was in the middle of cleaning dishes when she sensed something. She looked up. “Hydra....”
“What is it, honey?” Valeri, who was sitting at the kitchen table, asked.
“It's Hydra! He's outside of town. We have to go see him!” Kirsten said, setting down the plate she had been washing.
Beelzemon looked up from the newspaper he was reading. “He's here? Well...I don't see why not. C'mon, I'll fly us there.”
Kirsten smiled. “Ok!”
The three walked outside. Beelzemon changed into his Blast Mode and, after picking each one up in an arm, flew to the field where Hydra resided.
Hydra looked to the family flying in. He smiled gently but his eyes looked more tired than anything. He nodded to them as they landed.
Kirsten ran to Hydra, throwing her arms around him. “Oh Hydra! I've missed you. How is everything?”
Valeri smiled. “Hello, Hydra.”
Beelzemon inclined his head. "Hey."
Hydra looked to the late teenaged Kirsten, happy to see her and the other two. The parents, mainly Valeri, and aged over the past eight years of his absence. “Everything is fine. Its over, thank God himself. I told you all I’d keep my promise.”
Kirsten smiled. “I know. Is Kiba alright?”
“When NightClaw was destroyed, Kiba ran off but I sensed nothing wrong with her, though. But I cannot find her anywhere. I am worried for her.” he said.
Kirsten's smile faded. “I hope you will be able to soon. I miss her very much.”
“Yah, hopefully. And so I came to visit and possibly have help on this mission to find her.” Hydra said
Kirsten's eyes lit up. “Alright! I've finally gotten my more Digital form since I've reached maturity.”
“And I guess I gotta go too, eh?” Beelzemon asked with a playful smirk.
“I would appreciate it. Valeri, would you like to come? Then I'm pretty sure Kiba will be happy to see you all.” Hydra said, looking to each family member in turn, stopping at Valeri.
Valeri gave him a small smile. She appeared to be just as tired and worn as Hydra. “I would love to.”
Beelzemon looked down at Valeri, looking as if he was going to object, but kept quiet instead.
Hydra nodded. He opened his wings and activated a large portal. He went through to the other side of it where there was once a dark fortress, only it was half gone now. He kept the portal opened until the family came through.
The three walked through and watched as the portal closed.
Hydra smiled simply. “The fortress is practically gone but some pieces remain and Kiba is somewhere on this small planet that's the size of the moon or actually just a little bigger. We should split up to where it'll make it faster.”
Kirsten nodded. She took off in one direction.
Beelzemon picked up Valeri and walked off in another.
Hydra went his own way. He found a very large forest and went in, hoping to find Kiba.
Kirsten looked around. Then she changed to her Digital form, similar to her father’s, and took to the air to get a better look.
Kiba was hiding under a tree in the forest.
Hydra looked all over the forest and still couldn't find her.
Beelzemon and Valeri were searching amongst the castle wreckage.
Kirsten was flying over the forest, calling for Kiba. “Kiba! Kiba! Kiba, where are you?"
Hydra looked around, seeing Kiba under a tree. She was in human form and held herself in a ball. He came over and nudged her shoulder with his snout. She looked up and screamed. She used magic, creating a stone pillar that hit Hydra's head. She ran off.
Hydra shook his head with a groan and spat out a small tooth. “Ouch.”
Kirsten heard Kiba's scream and quickly arrived at where Hydra was. “I heard Kiba.” she said as she landed.
“Yah, I saw her and I lost a tooth,” Hydra said, ignoring the slight pain in his head. He shook his head. "She is scared of me and I don't know why. You try to talk with her, please.”
Kirsten nodded. She changed back to her normal form and walked in the direction Kiba took. “Kiba, Kiba,” she called gently. “Kiba, it's me, Kirsten.”
Kiba turned into her dragon form and jumped out in front of her and growled.
Kirsten held up her hands. “Kiba, please, it's me. It's Kirsten. Don't you remember me? You used to carry me around on your back when I was little.”
Kiba backed away, still growling. “I don't know who you are but if you don't leave me alone, I will fight back.” she said warningly.
Tears began to form in Kirsten's eyes. “I'm your friend, Kiba.”
Kiba crouched to the ground, almost like a scared puppy. She watched Kirsten as she started to calm down a little.
Kirsten knelt down. “It's Ok, Kiba. Please, come home. Hydra's waiting for you. We all miss you.”
Kiba inched a little closer and laid her head on Kirsten's knees.
Kirsten carefully stroked the top of Kiba's head. “There, see? I'm not going to hurt you. I've missed you so much, Kiba.”
Valeri and Beelzemon arrived. They stopped next to Hydra, watching Kirsten and Kiba.
“What's wrong with Kiba?” Beelzemon asked Hydra, not taking his eyes off the pair.
Hydra had no idea, he just watched Kiba, not answering the Mega’s question.
Kiba looked up seeing the others she quickly stood up and backed away, growling.
“No, no, Kiba. It's alright, they're your friends.” Kirsten said, trying to keep her voice low and not reach out to Kiba.
Kiba growled louder and kicked off, running away.
Hydra started to follow behind.
Kirsten watched Kiba, her heart sinking. Tears spilled down her face. “Kiba....”
Valeri hurried to her, kneeling down and putting her arms around her daughter. “It's alright, shh, it's alright, Kirsten.”
Beelzemon walked up to them. “It'll be alright, you two. We'll get her back somehow.”
Kiba was blocked off by a cliff.
Hydra came in behind her. “Kiba, what's wrong with you? It’s us, your friends and me as well," he said.
Kiba crouched down again in fear.
Hydra shook his head.
Kirsten hurried to Hydra. She looked at Kiba sadly. “She seems so afraid. She doesn't seem to remember us. What could be wrong?”
“Probably when NightClaw was taking over her mind, he wiped out every memory of whomever she knew.” Hydra replied sadly. He went up to her and nudged her shoulder.
Kiba yelped out in fear.
Hydra kept his head there, still not moving. Kiba calmed down a little but shook.
Kirsten bit her lip as she watched. She was greatly compelled to go and comfort Kiba in any way she could.
Hydra rubbed his head on Kiba's shoulder. She tensed up and didn't move.
Hydra stopped and backed away as she got up and took a step forward, but stopped and tensed a little still. “It’s okay no one is going to hurt you at all.” he said reassuringly
Kirsten turned to look at her parents, who were watching intently, then she looked back at Kiba.
Kiba looked to them then to Hydra. She just blinked and sat down.
“Let's just go home Kiba all our friends are worried sick about you. And please don't be afraid, we all know you. We're basically family.” he said.
Kirsten nodded. “Yes, please go back home.”
Kiba had no idea what to say she just stayed quiet.
Hydra gave her space and started to lead the way they came. Kiba followed behind silently.
Beelzemon and Valeri backed away as Hydra and Kiba neared. Kirsten walked to stand by her parents side.
Hydra led on. Kiba glanced back at the small family for a moment and walked on, following Hydra only.
Beelzemon, Kirsten, and Valeri followed at a safe distance so that they wouldn't spook Kiba.
Hydra looked to Kiba and then to the family. He thought they shouldn't slip too far so he stopped to wait. Kiba stopped as well and looked to the family. She kept still and kept her eyes on Beelzemon with a bit of nervousness.
The small family quickly caught up with them, Beelzemon making sure to keep farther away from Kiba.
Kiba started to walk up to him.
Hydra watched only. He stiffened a little and moved up a bit just in case if there was any kind of attack.
Kiba stopped about a few feet from Beelzemon.
Beelzemon watched her carefully. He was a little tensed up, waiting to see what Kiba would do next.
Kiba just inched a little closer and just nipped his arm playfully. She wagged her tail a little.
Hydra smiled partially in relief.
Beelzemon examined his arm, frowning a little. But he saw no serious marks, since she had mainly nipped his arm guard. He looked down at Kiba. “So ya wanna play, eh?” he asked with a smirk.
Kiba pawed the ground playfully.
Hydra watched with amusement.
Beelzemon grinned. “Well then! What shall we do?” He looked at his wife and child.
Valeri smiled.
Kirsten walked up to Kiba, pulling a ball of string from her pocket. “You wanna play with this?” She tossed it close to Kiba, watching it as it rolled.
Kiba just watched it roll as well. It stopped next to her feet. She had no idea what it was. She pawed it, but then stepped back to peer down at it. She nipped it, cutting into the string and making it fall apart. “I...broke your...ball...web.” she said confused.
Kirsten smiled. “No, it's Ok,” She knelt down and rolled up what was left of it, then gently rolled it. “See? It's just some string wrapped around a rubber ball.”
“What are you supposed to...do with it?” she asked.
Hydra just listened and then looked around and back to the family and Kiba.
“You play with it," Kirsten replied. "I'll show you," She gently batted the ball back and forth between her hands. “See? This is what you do.”
Kiba watched Kirsten put it to the ground. Kiba batted the ball of yarn back and forth, back and forth. It was interesting but strange at the same time to her.
Kirsten smile. “That's it!”
Beelzemon grinned. "It's like playin' with Shadow!”
Valeri smiled sadly. She still missed Shadow dearly since he died several years back.
Kiba stopped playing with it and pawed it to Kirsten.
Hydra left the family with Kiba without anyone noticing as he went off to go find some deer to eat.
Kiba looked around for Hydra, but paid more attention to the family again.
Valeri leaned against Beelzemon, feeling a little tired. She closed her eyes.
Neither Beelzemon nor Kirsten noticed as they watched Kiba.
Kiba yawned a little she looked to Valeri. She got a little worried for her. “Are you all right?” she asked.
Without opening her eyes, Valeri nodded. “I'm fine.” She breathed a subtle sigh.
Beelzemon stroked her hair. “She's not as young as she used ta be, Kiba. She tires out a lot more easily.” he explained to Kiba.
Kiba still felt a bit worried for her still.
Hydra finally came back and saw Valeri looking awfully tired. “I'm back, but someone looks rather tired.” he said without taking his eyes off Valeri.
Beelzemon gently picked Valeri up, who had fallen asleep. He chuckled. “Yeah. I think it's time fer us ta go home.”
Hydra nodded. “Well, let's go then.” he said.
Kiba nodded even though she still couldn't remember what home she lived in. Hydra led the way and Kiba followed. Beelzemon and Kirsten followed Hydra to where they had come in through the portal.
Hydra activated another portal with his port key and he went through first to where they were back outside of town of Valeri's home. Kiba went through next and she was confused to where she was.
Beelzemon and Kirsten stepped through next, glad to be back in a familiar place.
Hydra closed the portal. “Well I guess this is where we kinda say so long.” said Hydra.
Kiba looked to Hydra then to the family. She was starting to like the small family.
“Bye Hydra, bye Kiba.” Beelzemon said.
Kirsten hugged Hydra. “Bye.”
Hydra smiled to Kirsten. “Yah, see ya. And when Val wakes up, just tell her I said bye too. If we meet in heaven at least it’s light enough to keep darkness away but if we all meet in hell at least it’s warm instead of cold.” he said with a small chuckle.
Kiba smiled. “Bye.”
Kirsten reached out and pet Kiba's head. “Bye.”
The two turned and walked a ways before changing to their winged forms and taking off for home.
Hydra opened another portal for him and Kiba to go through. She went in first and Hydra followed. The portal closed, leaving a small flash of light.