Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digi Trek: Koushiro - The Wrath of Ken ❯ Davis Motomiya ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE:

Davis Motomiya

As usual, the Holodeck 5 of Starbase 001 would be occupied none other than Lieutenant Davis Motomiya. He was like the Reginald Barclay of the after-Picard era; never coming out of a holodeck until he was forced out by a couple of security officers.
Today's holodeck adventure was a recreation of the Enterprise-B mission, in which Davis took on the role of Captain Harriman, and save the two El-Aurian ships.
*
"Coca-Cola, in a can." Davis said to the replicator. He checked his watch. He would not be on duty for another three hours, and Holodeck 5 was vacant. A can of Coca-Cola materialized in front of him. He took it, and began sipping it as he walked down the corridors.
Most of the corridors were empty now, since it was nearly midnight. What he liked about the night shift is that he could take a nap every now and then, and his superior, Commander Briggs, would never notice.
Davis had Briggs' schedule all worked out. At exactly 2:15, Mr. Briggs would wander out of the computer core deck to get a cup of coffee. That gave Davis a chance to snooze for about half an hour.
One thing you should know about Davis, is he also had the hots for the chief medical officer of the Digifleet Medical, Dr. Hikari Kamiya.
The thing was though, Dr. Hikari didn't like Davis, but instead, she liked Lieutenant Takeru Takaishi, helmsman of the USS Oriana.
One day, he finally gathered up his courage, and managed to casually walk into sickbay.
"Hey, doctor…I was thinking, maybe you could give me a checkup or something. I was feeling a little queasy today, and-"
"Oh stop it Davis!" Hikari snapped. "I still have thirty-five other medical reports to finish. I don't have time for frivolous pursuits!"
"But I thought we-"
"Thinking's something you don't even bother with! If you had a good IQ, you would've 'knocked before entering,' if you understand me."
And with that, Hikari marched into her office, leaving Davis alone in the operating room, with 5 other medical officers.
Davis stood there, and then, realizing he was fifteen minutes late for his duty shift, quickly ran to the nearest turbolift.
Work today was no easy task. Not to mention the "meeting" with Commander Briggs. First, Davis had to recheck the EPS Manifolds, and then clean up the mess the tech boys left in the reactor room, and then, help Lieutenant Harris to do a maintenance check on one of the computer cores. By the end of his shift, he'd be too tired to get to his quarters.
*
Davis left the computer core room with minor burns. He had accidentally turned the welder on himself, and welded his hand to his uniform. He was on his way to sickbay, when he remembered what Hikari said about him knocking before entering. But on the other hand, he was also injured…meaning Hikari would have to take care of him.
As he exited the turbolift, he pictured Hikari feeding him a bowl of chicken soup, or perhaps giving him a hypospray. He didn't mind a small injection…as long as it came from Hikari. But, what he didn't know, was that she was off duty, and the person on duty was the mean, beast of a woman, Dr. Yolei.
When Davis realized what he'd gotten into, he tried to run away, but was restrained by two nurses.
"Onto the bed!" Yolei barked as she pulled out a medical tricorder. "Lie down!"
Yolei scanned Davis, and then put the tricorder onto the table. "You must undergo an operation to free your hand from your uniform, and restore the skin to its normal state!" she barked again.
"Great…" Davis groaned.
"You must not work for one week until the hand has completely healed. If you violate any of these medical orders, I will report you to Admiral Robertson!"
Admiral Robertson was an senile old Admiral, with no memory, even for what he ate for breakfast the other day. He walked around all day with some sort of life support belt, since he had trouble breathing on his own, or even walking, or acting like any living thing.
Davis lay on the medical bed while Yolei prepared the medical equipment. First, a laser scalpel, and next, a restorer. She also prepared a hypospray catridge filled with sleeping medicine, so that Davis wouldn't have to see the operation taking place.
"Now, lie still." Yolei instructed.
Davis complied, and lay still while Yolei injected him with the hypospray.

*
Davis woke up to the sound of Dr. Yolei's hoarse voice.
"The operation is complete. Now, you must report to your quarters, or home. If you decide to stay here, you are not permitted to visit the holodeck, or take part in any activities. You are strictly confined to quarters, or your house." She spoke severely.
"Right…okay, got it." Davis replied.
After Davis had eaten his lunch in sickbay, he proceeded towards Shuttle Bay 1. Dr. Yolei had already informed Admiral Nogera of Davis' condition, so there would be no questions asked in the shuttle bay.
"Well, the good thing is, I get a week off." Davis mumbled to himself as he got into a shuttle.
"Welcome to Shuttle B-42, non-stop flight to Tokyo Airport." The captain of the shuttle said. "We will be taking off momentarily, but before we do, I ask you to please put your seats in an upright position, and secure your hand baggage and fasten your seatbelts."
Davis fastened his belt with one hand, and then looked out the window.
He decided to shut his eyes for a bit. It was 11:00 at night, and while the flight wouldn't be that long, a little shut-eye was better than no shut-eye at all.


*
When Davis arrived at home, the door, as usual, was opened by Jun. Ever since she was relieved of duty for flirting with the tech boys down at the computer core, she had been waiting for one of them to come and visit her.
First, she had fallen in love with Lieutenant Rick Morrow, and then dumped him for Ensign Alex Harrison, and in one period of her life, she actually fell in love with a Ferengi…who later on tricked her into buying a faulty replicator.
"Oh, it's you." She said dismally when she realized who stood on the doorstep. "Come on in…mom and dad went to visit grandma in the hospital, and…" her voice trailed off.
"And what?" Davis asked impatiently.
"And…"
"And?"
"And…"
"AND?!"
" Matt went back to Digifleet last week!!!" Jun sobbed. "And Jim also went back! Something about needing a proper surgeon on the USS Valiant…"
"You mean the new one?" Davis asked, puzzled.
There were already two previous USS Valiants in the fleet, all destroyed.
"No, the one destroyed in the Dominion War. Of course the new one!" she snapped, and returned to sobbing.
"I thought you liked the tech boys down in engineering."
"They just told me to bug off and go back to Earth."
"Well, you know, your department was Diplomatic Relations…"
"What about it? I, after all, was the one who made an alliance with the Romulans!"
"Yeah, by dating their Ambassador."
"It was the only wa-"
Jun's counter-argument was interrupted by another news broadcast.
The news reporter was the same one at Koushiro's party."
"We interrupt the current broadcast to bring you this important bulletin. The USS Wolverine was seen today, escorting 4 Borg cube starships. The cubes assimilated Starbase 416, and destroyed the following vessels: Mercury, Challenger, Hurricane, Typhoon, Pacific, Oriana, and Ontario. All the other light escorts were also destroyed."
Davis looked worried. How could Ken, a human, communicate, and make some alliance with the Borg?