Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ The Angelic Woman and her Digimon Partner... ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Finally! You all have made it this far into the story. This is where it truly begins, everyone. The actual purpose of this story, so give yourselves a round of applause and a pat on the back if you made it this far. I hope you all enjoy it. Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with Digimon; Toei and Bandai have that pleasure.

Chapter 10: “‚ ‚È‚½‚ÍA‰&f rac12;‚ð‚â‚Á‚Ä‚¢&# 8218;é‚Ì‚©•ª‚©‚& Aacute;‚Ä‚¢‚é‚Æ‚¢ ‚¢‚Å‚·‚¯‚ê‚ ;Ç…”
“Anata wa nani o yatte iru no ka wakatta iru to ii desu keredo…”
“I hope you know what you’re doing…” The Angelic Woman and her Digimon Partner…

In a somewhat, darkly lit room, a lady with long, silky red hair sat, peering into what seemed to be a giant crystal orb. “All of the children that I seek have been summoned,” she stood, her long, white gown flowing behind her, and began to pace the hidden room, which was filled with lots of strange astronomical instruments, an old computer, and books. She looked back down into the crystallized orb, a bit concerned. “It seems that there may be some extra people with them.”

Joining the lady, as she looked into the orb, was an elegant, white Digimon, for she was this lady’s partner. “Are you sure that these children will be able to help?”

“I am quite positive that these children will help to restore peace to the Digital World which will help to prevent the crisis that will occur in their world.”

Her partner looked skeptical, which was pretty normal for the long-necked Digimon. “But the children that you have summoned, are they not a bit old to be considered, ‘children’? The majority of the ones that you have summoned are well into their teens and are old enough to have children of their very owns if they should choose to.

“You need children who are innocent and pure of mind, not those close to reaching adulthood! The oldest of those you summoned, such as Kido Jou or Yagami Taichi, and those of their age are very close to adulthood. How pure and innocent could they possibly be? Don’t you remember what it was like when you were that age?”

“Do not worry,” the woman replied gently, “for I have already thought of that. They will be in for quite a surprise.”

“What makes you so certain that these children can handle such a task, or if they are even worthy enough to accept it?” she asked while stretching her wings out.

“It is just a feeling I have. All who have been summoned have helped to protect the Digital World before, or has come in contact with Digimon at some point in his or her life, and doesn’t fear them. But still,” she began cynically, “I have this feeling that one of those coming here is out of place and doesn’t belong. I used up all of my resources and summoning powers to bring them here, so I can’t quite figure out who the extra person is, or extra persons are.”

“Do you know if any of these human children have Digimon partners? Bringing them here to fight would be pointless if they don’t have one.”

The woman nodded, her hair swishing. “I’m pretty sure and luckily, wherever they end up, they should end up with their partners.”

“But what about the extra person or persons that you sense shouldn’t be with them?”

“There isn’t anything I can do about that,” she frowned slightly as she walked to the big, curtain-drawn window of the dark, candle-lit room. “Hopefully, that person doesn’t end up in the hands of our enemy. A couple of the children, I sense is very special, and according to the vision I had, we should end up meeting up with one of them.”

“Ugh, why must we do this?” the Digimon grumbled, wanting to leave everything alone.

“You ought to know why,” she told her, a bit bothered by her Digimon’s attitude. “I am Empress of the Digital World. I was chosen and appointed to help maintain peace within it. That task once belonged to that of Gennai-san, but, but…” the woman trailed off as tears filled her eyes. The room seemed to go eerily silent, as her tears splashed on the dark, marble floor.

“He was a very good friend, but there is hope! He may still be alive!”

She wiped away some of her tears, and nodded to her Digimon, appreciating her sympathetic gesture. “I sense he is no longer alive mentally. Ever since he went out after our enemy on his own, I’ve had this feeling.”

“I know for a fact that he is still alive!” the white Digimon responded sternly. “Gennai-san, as well as yourself, were the only two out of the five given the responsibility of keeping both worlds balanced. You were granted immortality to help maintain this. In the past, I know you didn’t have as much responsibility, but the guardians are being extra careful now, which is more on your plate.” She huffed vaguely. “I still do not understand why you summoned these humans. What could they possibly do that we haven’t already tried?”

“Our enemy is truly dangerous.” Her lighthearted expression grew harsh and serious as her thoughts went back to Gennai’s going off alone. “He has followers who have attacked and taken over different areas of the Digital World, and each child will end up in one of those particular areas. I have no idea what our enemy has planned, but he must want to reign over the entire Digital World and work his way up given the pattern of the attacks. He is sure to gather more troops to attack, and then, eventually, invade the human world. This Digimon is purely evil. What better way to defeat a Digimon with an evil heart, than with children with pure hearts of gold?

“Gennai-san has also spoken very highly of these children. I’ve never met them directly, but he has said very good things about all of them, which is also the reason how I know these children have Digimon partners.” She looked back down into the orb.

“I really hope you know what you’re doing.”

“We must get Gennai-san back in any way possible, so that we can be together again.” She wiped away some more of her silent tears with the back of her sleeve. “That is all that matters, and according to the legend, in order to defeat such an enemy, only those with that of a child’s innocent mind can defeat him. I do not understand it myself, but it is what the Holy Beast Guardians are telling me about my visions and dreams and what they could possibly mean since I was literally stumped this time.

“The children must rid each area of the minions of our enemy inhabiting it. So far,” she looked into the orb a bit harder, “it looks that about five have been taken over. After they are victorious, we shall most definitely meet up with them, not counting the one that we will end up meeting. For that child will end up here.”

“I still wish these children already had their Digimon partners with them.”

“Most the Digimon here know what’s going on, and that includes the partners of the humans who should be arriving soon. I sense that they will all meet up very soon.”

“Are you absolutely certain?” The woman nodded. “Well, if you’re that sure, I shouldn’t be so doubtful and worrisome. You do have the ability to utilize your sixth sense.”

“I hope that all goes well as well, my friend, so do not think that I am not worried in any way or form. I am worried for their safety, but I don’t feel that I will have the need to.” The lady turned and headed back to the velvet upholstered chair she’d been sitting in earlier. “We must await these children and keep up with their progress, a task I shall assign of you while I go back to my meditation exercises. They should be arriving soon; very soon. When they are all together, I shall explain everything to them.”

With that, the woman closed her eyes, and looked to be concentrating, while her worried partner kept her eye on the orb, hoping beyond hope that all would go well for their guests…