Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Adventure 02: Amnesia and Hidden Secrets ❯ Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Takeru: *glares at Daisuke* I hate you Davis!

Daisuke: *Smiles innocently* I have no idea what you're getting at TJ. *Mentally smirks*

Takeru: *glares with fire in eyes* You hell know what you did! I can't believe you did that in the fic! Are you always trying to get on my nerves?

Daisuke: Tempting, but no. It's not like you don't do it to me with Kari.

Takeru: Get over yourself Daisuke! Kari is my best friend and she has nothing to do with this!

Daisuke: Whatever you say TG. I'm just going to tell Kari what you were going to do to poor Ken-kun then. She will be so proud of you! And then there's also you brother and father and mother and...

Takeru: Thats it! *about to attack with Iori's Kendo stick while Daisuke laughs*

Leafmon1995: ENOUGH! *grabs two Puppetmon's hammers and hits them over the head with it* Ken would mind doing the message for me? *Continues to hit them with hammers*

Ken: *sweatdrops* Sure.

Leafmon1995: Awesome! *tries to break up fight*

Ken: Thank you for read the story so far and leaving comments. Leafmon1995 appreciates your opinions and is glad you like it for those who commented and didn't. Celaj15 (fanfiction.net) thank you for your comment. We were all laughing and agree with you fully, though Takeru mostly wanted to throw her out of the window. *Hears Takeru yelling 'witch'* Anyway please fav, follow, and review. We love all comment and suggestions. Right now we are thinking of pairing Daisuke with either one of the Chosen Children or Leafmon1995's OC. Leave your suggestions and tell us what you think. Thank You!

***

Takeru couldn't believe he had to be in the same room as her. She had tried to turn Ken against them and then have the nerve to have Daisuke to email him that he just had to be here to help Ken remember him. He wasn't sure what she was up to but he knew he couldn't trust her. Not for one second was he going to trust her.

“You're thinking to much again.” Takeru blinked and looked at Patamon, who was taking his usual spot on top of his head.

“Sorry. I'm just worried.” Patamon smiled sadly at him. He too was worried about Ken's emotional state. The fear in Ken's eyes when he saw the others was very nerve racking and very much real. He hated to see Ken in such a frightened state. But why he acted the way he did still bugged him. Was it possible that he saw pieces of what happened yesterday? Well that did explain why he freaked out when Taichi and the others barged in; defiantly not one of his best plans.

Takeru reached out his hand and slid his palm under Ken's hand. He gently rubbed his thumb on the top of his hand. Ken sighed in content and curled his fingers in a bit. Takeru smiled softly as he watched Ken react to his touch. Ken might not remember him now but he's subconsciously reacting to his touch. It made him wonder if Ken had any feelings for him. It was possible. Ken had always been sort of shy around him and the way he shyly greeted him earlier made him wonder.

Movement from above his head caught his attention. Patamon moved from his position on Takeru's head and landed on the bed. Patamon gave him a knowing look. What was that look for? “He likes you!” Takeru blushed.

“Patamon!”

“What?” Patamon said while smiling sweetly. “He was mumbling your name earlier when you weren't here and I've seen the shy looks he gives you when you're around.” Takeru let out an exasperate breath. It was nice to know that Ken might have feels for him. It made him happy but there still the issue of Ken's memory and emotional state. “And don't give me the excuse that he doesn't remember or his emotional state.” Takeru blinked at his digimon and stared at him for a very long time.

“How did you know I was thinking that?” He finally asked.

Patamon smiled cutely at him. “I'm your partner. I know you better than anyone.” That was true. Patamon knew him better than he knew himself, but why did he always have to bud into his personal life like that.

Takeru sighed and looked at Ken's sleeping face. Ken looked so peaceful and innocent as he slept. Ken was too caring and kind to deserve any of the things that happened to him over the years. Takeru thought back to when he first known Ken as the Kaiser. He was in so much pain due to his brother's death. He wasn't sure how Ken was able to overcome the dark powers of the dark spore that controlled him for a good portion of his life. He knows that Ken still struggles with the darkness at times but he's able to fight against it now that he and Daisuke are there to help him. Takeru smiled briefly before worry crept in. Ken's been through too much. First there's Ken's brother's death, next the spore, then being kidnapped and raped by Oikawa and then not remembering it until recently, and finally ending up in a hospital with amnesia due to the others yelling and insulting him for no good reason, freighting him so bad that he run out of the complex and into a snowstorm. Poor Ken. Why were bad things always happening to him?

Takeru was shifted back into reality when he heard a soft groan. Takeru looked at Ken's face and noticed that his eyes were slowly opening. Takeru gave Ken's hand a small squeeze of encouragement. In a soft voice Takeru called his name, “Ken-kun?” Takeru waited a few minutes before Ken fully opened his eyes. Ken still looked quite tired despite sleeping for several hours. He looked into Ken's eyes and noticed that they were filled with tiredness and confusion. He wondered why?

888

Ken groaned as he returned to wakefulness. He felt very tired still, despite his nap. How long have he been asleep? It couldn't have been that long, has it? Ken opened his eyes slowly and notice that Takeru was sitting in a chair next to him, calling his name softly. Ken looked into Takeru's ocean blue eyes and notice how it sparkled with relief and concern. Ken had a strangle feeling that he knew Takeru for a very long time and wondered how close they were. He remembered Daisuke but not everything. He remembered when he first met Wormmon and how scared he was when they had to help his friend Ryo fight against Millenniummon. He remembered playing with Daisuke at a soccer match. He remembered when he was at these picnics with Daisuke, Takeru and their digimon but for some reason he didn't feel very comfortable at them. Weird. He also remembers seeing this small blue digimon on top of Daisuke's head after taking down a strange black tower. The digimon was probably Daisuke's digimon but he couldn't recall the name and there's also the fact of this tower. Why were they taking it down? Was it broken or something and needed to be repaired? No, that didn't sound right. Maybe he should ask Daisuke or Takeru about it. He doesn't remember a whole lot about Takeru, it was one event really, but it was a start.

“Hey, how you feeling, Ken-kun?” Ken blinked. Realizing he had drifted off into his own little world while starting into Takeru's eye. How embarrassing?

“I'm okay, Takeru-san. I'm just a little confused.” Takeru gave him an understanding look.

“Why don't you tell me what confuses you? And I'll try to help you clear things up.”

Ken looked into his eyes and gave him a shy smile. He wasn't sure why but he felt very safe with Takeru and knew he can trust him. Meya may have told him to be careful and not to trust the other Chosen Children. However, he felt a deep connection towards Daisuke and Takeru. With Daisuke he felt a very special bond that links them in soul and friendship. He couldn't explain it but he remembered Daisuke right away and instantly knew that they were best friends and very trustworthy.

With Takeru it was different. Honestly, Ken didn't remember Takeru at first and only gotten part of a memory in his dream. But even without any memories about him he could tell that he likes Takeru. Takeru seems nice and was very concerned about him. His digimon was even with him when he awoken. There was also something else about Takeru that Ken wasn't sure of. He had these feelings of shyness and nervousness. Like now, he feels very shy towards him and has this fluttering feeling in his stomach whenever Takeru looks at him. He also had these other emotions towards Takeru that made him very happy and yet very confused. Is it possible that he likes Takeru like that? Well, he doesn't have any special feelings for Meya and she is a girl. Ken couldn't imagine himself with a girl, but with a guy…that a different story.

Ken took a deep breath and suddenly felt very nervous. Takeru was waiting patiently for him to collect his thoughts and here he was trying to sort out what these feelings mean. Everything was so confusing! There were too many questions and absolutely no answers! Where was he supposed to start?

“Why don't we start with what you remember?” Takeru suggested. Ken was relieved to start somewhere.

“I remember when I first met Wormmon. I was in a forest I believe.” Minomon perked up at this. He was cheering and asking what else he remembered of them. Ken blushed at his digimon's enthusiasm. “I remember when we were attacked by some digimon but I'm not sure why. I believe they were trying to stop us from finding something.” Takeru was surprise when Minomon got worried suddenly. Why?

“What else do you remember?” Minomon asked, crawling closer to his partner.

“I remember we were fighting his scary digimon.” Ken said slowly. “We were fighting with Ryo-kun and Veemon against Millenniummon and won. But he send these Dark Spore at Ryo and I got hit instead when I pushed him out of the way.” Ken was looking at his digimon as he spoke and didn't see the looks of horror on the duo of Hope faces.

Takeru may have been young when Millenniummon kidnapped them and almost destroyed the Digital World. But he never knew that Ken was the boy that helped Akiyama-san. He wondered why Ken never talked about it and why didn't he know of Ken's involvement until now?

“Yes, Ken-chan, we did fight him. You got very sick when the Dark Spore hit you. It took you about three weeks to recover but then you were still pretty sick when you got back to the Human World.” Minomon had a very sad expression on his face as he explained what happened after. “Do you remember the D-1 Tournament?” Minomon asked.

Ken smiled faintly. He was glad he was actually remembering something. “I remember some thing during that time. However, I was sick so it's kind of blurry.”

“It's okay. How much do you remember?”

“I remember I was sick and Ryo-kun was taking care of me. I told him I got this email but it was addressed to him. It was some kind of quiz or something. When he finished he got sucked into the Digital World.” Ken said thoughtfully. “I don't remember much but Gennai told me that Ryo-kun was chosen to participate in this tournament and that I can help him from the computer when he is stuck or needs advice.” Ken paused, struggling to recall what happened after but he came up with a blank.

Takeru noticed Ken was struggling to remember and gently squeezed his hand again. Ken looked at him and sighed. “It's okay if you can't remember any more. It's a start at least. Is there anything else you remember?”

Ken smiled and nodded. “I remember some thing about me and Dai and about you.” Ken said the last part shyly.

Takeru smiled when he heard that Ken remembered him and temporarily forgetting about Ken knowing Ryo and the Evil God. That didn't matter anymore. All that matters right now is that Ken actually remembers him. “What do you remember about me?” Takeru couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice, feeling the earlier pain of Ken not recognizing him beginning to fade.

Ken smiled shyly at Takeru's excitement. What was it about Takeru that made him feel so shy so suddenly? It was odd having all this attention from Takeru but something was telling him that Takeru didn't mind at all. Especially since he was the one struggling with amnesia and Takeru was using his precious time to help Ken remember who he is and everyone else.

“I remember I was in his grassy field. The digimon were playing and I was sitting under a tree with Wormmon and Dai.” Takeru nodded as he spoke. This was starting to sound like one of their picnics. “You were there and Patamon and this other digimon. It was blue and white and it looked a lot like Ryo-kun's Veemon.” Ken paused, trying to remember something else about the digimon. “I believe this digimon is Dai's partner but I can't remember its name.” Ken frown slightly. Why couldn't he remember his best friend's digimon's name? And why did it look so familiar?

Takeru felt slightly guilty. He was angry and sad when Ken didn't recognize him but he didn't think how this might affect everyone else. DemiVeemon isn't going to be happy when he returns with Daisuke and the witch from the cafeteria. “I believe you're referring to DemiVeemon.” Takeru supplied.

Ken had a look of confusion in his eyes. Takeru understood why Ken was confused. Ken might remember what someone looks like but the name was another story. He felt bad for him. He must be so confused.

“Is that his name?” Ken asked uncertain.

“Yes, DemiVeemon is Davis-kun's partner. I'm pretty sure he was sleeping in Daisuke's bag when Daisuke came to the hospital.”

Ken sighed in relief. That's one puzzle solved. “Takeru-kun?” Ken asked quietly.

Takeru's eyes widen when Ken called him `-kun'. He couldn't believe it. Ken hasn't called him Takeru-kun since he woken up today. Does that mean Ken sees him as someone he can trust and feel safe with?

Ken blushed when he saw Takeru's eyes and immediately stammered apologies for calling him Takeru-kun. He must have offended him somehow. Saying Takeru-kun just felt right to him. Was he wrong to assume that Takeru wanted him to address him like that?

“Ken-kun it's already! I don't mind!” Takeru said as soon as Ken starting panicking that he had addressed him wrong. Truth was that this was the first time Ken used `-kun' to address him, so he was surprised when Ken said Takeru-kun. “I was surprised you called me Takeru-kun since you been calling me Takeru-san ever since you woke up today. But I'm glad you finally calling me Takeru-kun. I was afraid that you would never call me that again.” Midway as a spoke Takeru pulled Ken into a hug.

Ken was glad and surprised that Takeru felt this way. Did it really matter how he addressed him so much? He must really care a lot for him. Ken felt his cheeks warm at the thought. He really liked being held by the Child of Hope. It made him feel safe and cared for. Ken moved his arms and returned the embrace. This was nice. He wondered if he could do this again with Takeru in the future.

When they let go Ken was a little disappointed that the hug ended too soon. He wanted to hug again and enjoy the closeness. “What did you want to ask me?” Ken heard Takeru ask.

Ken sighed as the weird feeling of that memory came back to him. “In my dream I felt really uncomfortable while I was with you guys in that grassy plane. It felt as if I didn't belong or something. Why is that?” Ken saw Takeru frown slightly. Was it something he said?

“Ken-kun, do you remember what Meya-san said about some of the Chosen being mean to you?” Ken nodded. What did the other Chosen have to do with this? “Well, she may be right about some of the others. There were times when we went on picnics where they seemed to forget you were with us or even there. I always wondered why they never seem to acknowledge you unless you're with me or Davis-kun.”

“Oh.” It kind of hurt knowing that Meya-chan was right about the other Chosen Children being mean to him. He was hoping she was wrong since she seemed to be wrong about Takeru and Daisuke. But it looks like she was right about the others being mean to him. What else was she right about? “Did I do something wrong for them to ignore me?”

Takeru sighed at Ken's question. He had a feeling Ken would ask him that. “Honestly, I'm not sure why they treat you like that, but I promise you it is not because of something you did. They are just stupid and don't realize what a nice, caring, and wonderful person you are.”

Ken was glad to hear Takeru say those words. He felt very warm inside and actually wanted to hug Takeru again for saying those words to him. “Thank you Takeru-kun. I feel much better knowing that someone thinks that about me. But there something else that was bothering me about that memory.” Ken said still curious about that one memory that was still unwilling to leave his mind.

Takeru look at him warmly and asked curiously, “What is it?”

“I'm not sure if it's the same memory or not but I remember that me and Dai were looking at this strange black tower. Stingmon, this blue dragon digimon and this yellowish horse like digimon were attacking it and knocking it doing.”

Takeru and the two digimon had a look of shock on their faces. Was it something he said? “Ken do you know why we took the Dark Towers down?” Patamon asked. Not sure how much they could tell him without overwhelming him.

Ken frowned slightly, looking confused. “Not really. Why? Are they dangerous or broken or something?” Ken asked looking from Patamon to Minomon. All of this was just too confusing.

“Well,” Minomon began. “The Dark Tower prevented digimon from digivolving.”

“So we had to take it done.” Patamon finished.

Ken blinked at their response. It made sense. Why keep something up if it interfered with their way of life. But there was something that still bothered him. “Why were there Dark Towers up in the first place if it interfered with digimon digivolving?”

Both digimon looked at each other for a moment and turned to look at Takeru who was biting his lip nervously. Takeru wasn't sure how to explain to Ken that he put it up when he was the Kaiser. He doubted that Ken even remembers that part of his life. What should he do? He can't tell Ken everything and expect him to understand. He was pretty sure Ken might get frighten and freak out if he is told about the thing he did as the Kaiser. Damn! What was he going to say?

“You see Ken-kun…it a long story and… I'm not sure how to explain it without confusing you even more than you are now.” Takeru said nervously hoping Ken would change the subject.

Ken studied Takeru as he replied to his question. He seemed to be telling the truth. Ken couldn't put his finger on it but something seemed off. Takeru, Patamon, and Minomon all seemed nervous when he mentioned these Dark Towers. He wasn't sure why but Ken felt very worried when they didn't give him direct answers about these strange towers. Though Takeru did say it was a long story. Maybe Takeru was worried about overwhelming him with information and events that he hasn't remembered yet. Frowning slightly he thought back to what he does remember. Sadly it isn't much. He didn't want Takeru to telling him everything about him. It wouldn't be right. Ken wanted to remember on his own and only wanted clarification when it didn't make sense.

Ken returned his attention to the Chosen Child of Hope and smiled sadly. “It's okay you don't have to tell me. I don't want you telling me anything before I actually remember it. It wouldn't make sense to me, especially without any memories to back them up.” Takeru, Patamon, and Minomon all sighed in relief. They didn't have to talk about it, for now at least.

“That's fine. Is there anything else you remember?” Takeru asked.

Ken thought for a moment. He really didn't remember anything else that was confusing. Well, maybe except those strangle feelings that he's been feeling and the closeness he has for him. But he couldn't ask Takeru about that, could he?

Ken felt his cheeks and neck heat up as he thought about the different emotions that he was feeling. For some reason he felt very safe with Takeru and wanted to know more about him and how they met. He also noticed that Takeru was cute, now that he thought about it. He wasn't going to deny that he didn't like guys. He was getting all these weird emotions just by being near him. He didn't feel these emotions when Meya and Daisuke were around. In fact he thought that Meya was pretty and nice, but that was about it. Daisuke was cute, but he didn't get that fluttery feeling when he was around. He felt safe when Daisuke was around and knew he can tell him anything. They were best friends after all.

“Takeru-kun? How long have we known each other?” Ken asked after a few minutes of silence.

Takeru smiled at the question. “Do you remember the soccer gamer between you and Davis?” Ken nodded. He remembered that. “Me and the other Chosen Children were there watching the game.” Ken smiled at that.

“So we met there then?”

“Well, you and Davis met at the game. While the rest of us met you in the Digital World.” Takeru said, chuckling lightly.

Ken hummed in thought. He was liking how this conversation was going. What else did he want to know? “So, I know that me and Dai get alone fine, since we're best friends. I can feel it. I feel safe with him and I know I can trust him, despite what Meya-chan says.” Takeru felt his heart clench when the witch was mentioned. “What about me and you?”

Takeru gave Ken a confused look, not sure what Ken was asking. He got that Ken just knew that he and Daisuke got alone wonderfully. And he also got that Ken just knew that they were best friends. Takeru liked how Ken said that he trust Daisuke because he just knew. Ken was listening to his instincts. Takeru had a feeling that the witch, Meya, is going to have a hard time convincing Ken that all the Chosen Children are not his friends. Now what was Ken saying about him again?

“What do you mean?” Takeru asked, seeing the light blush on Ken's cheeks.

“I mean that are we close too, like me and Dai are?” Takeru smiled and nodded his head.

“Yeah, we are. Whenever we go to the Digital World I always hang out with you guys when I have a chance. I remember we always sit around and talk when the other digimon play or when we go to the arcade and play some games. It was fun!” Ken smiled sweetly at Takeru as he spoke. It sounded like they had lots of fun. If only he could remember them. “Why do you ask?”

Ken suddenly felt nervous about what he was going to say. “Well, you see, for some reason I been feeling all these strangle feelings. I don't understand most of them so I can't describe them. But I know that, like Dai, I feel safe with you. I know I can trust you too.” Takeru felt relieved to hear that. He noticed that the digimon looked relieved too. “I also get these feelings and a sense of closeness when I'm near you, but it's different when I'm with Dai. It's like…it's like…” Ken's words trailed off as he tried to figure out what these feelings meant. He stared at his digimon as he tried to sort out his feelings. Minomon crawled closer to him until he was near Ken's chest and hugged him. Ken took comfort from the action and hugged his digimon back with the free hand that wasn't being held by the boy in question.

He looked up when he felt Takeru squeeze his hand gently. The blush that he thought had went away came back in full force when he looked into Takeru's ocean blue eyes. Takeru's eyes were sparkling with surprise, understanding, happiness, hope, and - was that love he saw as well? No, he must be reading that wrong. But Love? Was that what he was feeling? He really wanted to know more.

888

Daisuke smiled happy in his pursuit for finding something eatable at the hospital's cafeteria. Personally he could of made something better then stupid sandwiches and juices. Honesty, if he wanted bad food he could of just went to the school cafeteria. Do hospitals not care about what they feed their patients' family members or employees? It should be a crime or something. Who in the world decided not to sell ramen noodles at least? They must be working for MaloMyotismon! It is the only explanation!

Daisuke smiled at the thought. He loved blaming that evil digimon for every problem he faces or when he wants to put the blame on someone for something tragic happening in this life, like school work and Jun-zilla. Well, only his best friend really knows that he does this since Ken is the only one he complains his life troubles to, besides DemiVeemon of course. Though he might not remember much since Ken lost his memories. Great, he was so going to kill Taichi and the others if they so happen to show up again. Taichi and the other were not his favorite people right now. After blaming Ken and yelling at him for what happen and on top of that saying that he's not part of the team anymore made Daisuke have second thoughts of his so-called friends.

Daisuke was worried when Ken left his house and didn't come back yesterday. He was afraid that something terrible had happen to his friend and he was right. After he cursed everyone for what they did and kicked them out of his house; he asked Takeru if Patamon could go after Ken. He wasn't really surprise when Takeru had already sent him out before Daisuke had even asked. Daisuke knew Takeru had special feelings for his best friend. Takeru was nice, caring, and a pain in the ass, but he knew Takeru would make Ken happy. Especially since Ken's too afraid to tell Takeru able his feelings. Though that was before he lost his memory.

Daisuke pushed the elevator button and waited for the doors to open. Meya was next to him, holding the juices and snacks, while he held the sandwiches. She was very quite when they left Ken's room and hadn't even bother to start any type of conversation with him. The only type of talking she did was when they were deciding on what to have for lunch. Once they get the food she went back to ignoring him or at least that's what it seemed like to him.

Meya was odd to some extent. When he went with Ken to this tech company he was surprise to see this girl as their guide. He had to admit he was a little overprotective when she started asking questions about their lives. At first she seemed like one of Ken's crazy fan girls but that changed when she started talking about digimon and the digital world. She seemed to know things about them that no outsider should know. Daisuke had kept a close eye on her ever since. However, that was hard when she happened to go to Ken's private school and attends two of his classes. It was frustrating to say the least.

Daisuke glanced at her as they got off the elevator. She seemed nervous and anxious for some reason. Daisuke figured that she was worried about Ken's emotional state and memory loss. He too was worried about that as well. Sure it would be nice for Ken to regain his memories but its certain memories that he was worried about. Ken will eventually remember his brother's death, his rape, the Dark Towers, and the Digimon Kaiser. Daisuke hoped Ken doesn't remember that stuff anytime soon. He wasn't sure how Ken would react but he suspects it would not be good.

“Hey are you okay?” Daisuke blinked, realizing that he was a good five feet behind Meya. He smiles sheepishly at her and quickens his pace to catch up to her.

“Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking.” He replied. Meya smiled softly at him.

“You're thinking about Ken-kun too, aren't you?” Daisuke sighed and nodded. “I'm sure he'll be fine. He just needs some rest and maybe some food to help cheer him up.” Daisuke smiled at that. Food does always make people feel better. It always works for him and the digimon.

“Davish! I'm hungry!” Daisuke froze when his digimon squeaked from his backpack. It was probably a good thing that he and Meya were the only ones in the hallway at the moment.

“DemiVeemon! Quite we're still in the hallway!” Daisuke hissed hoping no one else heard his digimon who was in his bag.

“It's alright no one is around.” Meya said as she lifts the flap of Daisuke's bag. She smiles as DemiVeemon pops out his head and looks around. “Motomiya-san is right though. You need to stay quite for a little longer. We are lucky no one is around right now.” DemiVeemon pouted at her but swiftly went back into the backpack to hide. Meya places the flap back down, making sure DemiVeemon could breath, before turning back to him. “I'm going to go to the restroom. I'll meet you at the room.” Daisuke nodded to her before they split up in different directions. It was a good thing Ken's room wasn't far.

Daisuke quicken his pace, wanting to see if Ken was awake yet. He trusted Takeru but he really wanted to spend time with his best friend and help him remember more. Daisuke was just outside Ken's door when he heard him ask about the Dark Towers. Daisuke froze. He was afraid of this. It seems that Ken doesn't remember putting them up or the stuff he did as the Kaiser.

“You see Ken-kun…it a long story and… I'm not sure how to explain it without confusing you even more than you are now.” Daisuke sighed in relief. Good job, TJ, very good job. Daisuke didn't like that they couldn't tell Ken everything. It was complicated and he wasn't sure how his best friend would take it. Though he was glad for the change of subject.

“So, I know that me and Dai get alone fine, since we're best friends. I can feel it. I feel safe with him and I know I can trust him, despite what Meya-chan says.” Daisuke couldn't help but smile. Ken remembers him and feels safe with him. It was a miracle. And on top of that he just knows that they are best friends and gets alone fine…well because he has these feelings. At the very moment he wanted to run around, with Veemon accompanying him, the soccer field in pure happiness.

Daisuke paused in his happiness when Ken asked if he and Takeru were just as close as he was with him. Curious Daisuke peeked into the room. Daisuke could clearly see his best friend and Takeru. Daisuke noticed that Ken was blushing as he talked about these confusing feelings he has whenever he is near Takeru. Daisuke smiled. He knew Ken had feelings for Takeru and it looks like that all these feelings are confusing him.

Daisuke saw hope reflected in Takeru's eyes as he squeezed Ken's hand and leaned closer. Daisuke could barely keep his excitement in. Ken was blushing a deep shade of red and Takeru was mere seconds away from planting a kiss on Ken's lips. Finally! Daisuke watched at Takeru gently kisses Ken's lips. Ken was shocked at first but he slowly closed his eyes and returned the kiss.

Well it was about time! It only taken like what two and a half years for them to finally realize their feelings for each other. He was so going to rub it in TJ's face. Then again he was Ken's best friend and Takeru's rival. And as Takeru's rival and Ken's best friend he has to protect Ken and make sure he is happy. It's obvious that Takeru would make Ken happy however he was not going to make it easy for him. He still has to get back at him for all the times he flirted with Hikari and prevented him from getting closer to his crush.

Daisuke squared his shoulders and with a smirk on his face, he walked in. “Yo, TJ, I'm back with the food!” Daisuke smiled and almost laughed when Takeru released Ken's lips in surprise and ungracefully fell off the chair. The digimon though did laugh at him, while Ken looked at him puzzled and unaware of what was so funny. “Oh Ken your awake!” Daisuke added after Takeru fell off the chair.

Takeru got up and glared at Daisuke. “You did that on purpose!” Takeru growled, not very happy that he was disturbed and now laughed at. Revenge is sweet.

Daisuke placed his goofy grin on, feigning innocence. “I don't know what you talking about TJ. I just came in with our lunches.” He lifted the two bags he had in his hands. “And I saw you fall out of your chair as soon as I entered. That was very ungracefully and very un-TK like by the way.” Takeru growled at him and stole one of the bags from him. Daisuke simple shrugged his shoulders, happy that he messed with Takeru, and took a seat next to him. Daisuke reached into his bag to grab his digimon and placed him on the bed next to Patamon. DemiVeemon cheered in glee once he was out of the bag. Daisuke pouted at his digimon. DemiVeemon was acting as if he hasn't been out of the bag in ages.

With an annoyed huff Daisuke took the digimon's food and gave it to them. Takeru took his sandwich out of the bag and placed it on the nightstand next to the bed. He then moved the bed's food table, so it was in front of Ken, and placed Ken's sandwich on the table. Ken thanked him with a small smile and began to unwrap the sandwich. Daisuke was unwrapping his when a seat was pulled next to him. Daisuke saw Meya take her seat and passed around drinks and snacks for everyone. The humans got a bag of chips and a bottle of juice, while the digimon got the rest of the snacks.

Daisuke took a bite out of his sandwich and made small talk for the next half hour. Takeru was still mad at him but it didn't matter. It was fun to mess with Takeru anyway. At least he wasn't going to start a fight with Meya, who was giving the blond curious looks, which Takeru just simply ignores. This was going to be a long day.

888

DemiVeemon quietly ate his portion of the food as the others talked. Usually he would talk nonstop and jump around like a rocket. However, he had a lot of things on his mind. His partner and Ken were on the top of that list of things he was worried about. Daisuke was frantic when they left that morning to search for Ken. He and Daisuke had looked all over Odaiba for Ken and were actually about to go to Tamachi when Daisuke's D-Terminal beeped. DemiVeemon saw that he was shocked when he got a message from Takeru that said that Ken was at the hospital with amnesia. DemiVeemon felt bad for Ken. The poor kid didn't need this. He had suffered way too much in his short life and it was just getting worse every corner they took.

DemiVeemon looked around to see what everyone else was talking about. Patamon and Minomon were talking about varies ways they could help Ken remember. Minomon was a little sad about this whole situation but Patamon had a point. Having some thing that looks familiar to him could help him remember. Patamon suggested Ken's digivice, Crest, and maybe some pictures that Ken had of them. He had to admit it was a good idea. It was a shame that he hadn't suggested that to his partner though. DemiVeemon was not going to say that he was jealous. Patamon is a good friend and had been in the hospital before he got there. He just wishes he were the one comforting his Jogress partner and not the digimon of Hope.

DemiVeemon turned his hearing to the humans. Takeru was glaring at the emerald eye human girl. She was pretty, maybe prettier than Hikari even, and seemed very nice. Though for seem reason Takeru was looking at her as if she was the embodiment of Darkness or something. The girl on the other hand was pointy ignoring the Child of Hope and had a smirk on her face. He wondered what that was about. The girl was listening to Daisuke who taking about one of their adventure where he first digivolve into ExVeemon. Not one of his best day but it was something.

“You see I was running from this crazy digimon, a Tortomon I believe his name was, and he chased me and Veemon. The others didn't do anything to help me as it chased us. We were going near a cliff and Veemon finally digivolved to save us and even calmed the Tortomon down. Isn't that right buddy?” Daisuke said with a big grin. Ken laughed softy as he jumped in agreement.

“It sounds like you guys had a lot a fun,” Ken said. “But why didn't the others help you though. You were in danger and could of gotten kill.” Ken adds with a concern expression. Daisuke shrugged his shoulders and simply says that the others though he was joking or something. Ken looks at Takeru and asked why he didn't help Daisuke. DemiVeemon had to hold back a laugh as Takeru blushed and shifted in his seat nervously.

“Well…you see…I was with Hikari-chan at the time and we were at a different location at the time. We didn't notice anything happen until Iori emailed me telling me what happen. But that was after ExVeemon digivolved, so there was really nothing I could do.” The girl scoffs at that and rolls her eyes. Takeru glared at her again and yells, “What is your problem?”

“You are jerk!” She shot back, clearly annoyed.

“Enough!” Daisuke yelled as his eyes turned gold and the Crest of Miracle appears on his forehead. “Fighting among ourselves is not helping Ken. We are here to cheer him up and help him remember. So stop fighting and be civil! Understand?” The girl and Takeru nodded in response and went back to ignoring each other. DemiVeemon was proud of his partner. He's not the leader of the younger generation of the Chosen Children for nothing.

Daisuke sighed and turned to Ken. He gave Ken a smile before asking if he was okay. Ken nodded but DemiVeemon could see that the fighting scared him a little. DemiVeemon walked closer to Ken but then realized that Ken might not react kindly to him. He didn't yell like everyone else did at the meeting but he didn't exactly help either. The other digimon were just as cruel as their partner and he didn't know what to do. He was simply just there pushing them back when they tried to get near Ken and Wormmon. Some friend he was.

Ken looked at him questionably. Ken didn't react badly to him but he didn't seem to recognize him either. “Ken, his is my partner DemiVeemon. But you might remember him when he is in his rookie form, Veemon.” Daisuke explained as DemiVeemon walked closer.

A look of understanding enters Ken's eyes as his partner's words sunk in. “So your Vee…DemiVeemon?” Ken corrected himself. “Your cute.” Ken said kindly, making Daisuke snicker in response. That was so not funny. “You look a lot like Ryo's partner though. Do you know him?”

DemiVeemon smiled in response. It's been a long time since he seen or heard about his old partner. “I remember Ryo! We had so much fun together when we travel together. We might have been at war but it was still fun!” DemiVeemon bounced and hugged Ken. There were so many precious memories during that adventure that he shared with Ken. He hoped Ken remember some of them.

Ken laughed in response and hugged him return. “I don't remember everything but I do remember when we fought Millenniummon in the desert and that you and Wormmon jogress together to defeat him.” DemiVeemon smiled. So he did remember something. That was good then.

“Who's Ryo?” DemiVeemon turned to see that his partner had spoken up, but the tone he used suggested that he sounded jealous. Why?

“Ryo was my first partner, Davish. Unlike you, Ryo was a Tamer and didn't have a permanent partner. As a Tamer he can use any digimon in battle though a temporary bond. It's a little complicated to explain, Ken was better at explaining this than I was.” DemiVeemon paused to take a breath. “Anyway me, Ryo, Ken, and Wormmon all fought together on varies mission in the Digital World many years ago before and after Taichi's group came to the Digital World. The war with Millenniummon was intense and he just kept coming back. In the end Ryo and Millenniummon disappeared when they fought in his castle. He was never seen again.” Everyone was quite as he finished his story. Takeru, Daisuke, and Patamon looked shocked, while Minomon and the girl looked sad. Ken looked like he was on the verge of tears. DemiVeemon immediately felt guilty for saying that while Ken was still in this fragile state. “I'm sorry Ken! I didn't mean to upset you!” He cried as he hugged Ken tightly.

Ken smiled sadly at him and wiped away a tear that fell down his cheek. “It's okay DemiVeemon. I just miss him that's all.”

DemiVeemon felt his eyes beginning to shimmer with tear too. “I miss him too. I hope he's not dead,” he said sadly.

Ken rubbed his head gently. Ken was still kind even without many memories. “Ryo-kun is not dead. I can guarantee that. If he were dead I would know. My bond with him might not be as strong as the one I have with Dai, but it's still there.” He knew Ken was right. Ryo was Ken's first Jogress partner, best friend, brother figure, and idol. Though he knew that Ryo couldn't compare to Daisuke. The two were similar in looks, pride, stubbornness and attitude; however, Daisuke lacked experience, military strategy, and wilderness survival skills. Daisuke though was very brave and courageous and always put his faith in his friends. He alone became Ken's friend and got his to join the team. He even got Ken to open up to him and trust him fully later on. Ryo was never able to get Ken to fully open up to him. He was Ken's brother's boyfriend (if you can say that) and their childhood friend. Ryo always treated Ken like the little brother he wished he had. Even when they had their adventures together Ryo always put Ken's needs before him and made sure he was safe. Even if at times his decisions always ended up with him getting into fights with the local digimon and having Ken breaking up the fights and convincing the digimon to help them in their war with his sweet and gentle personality. How can anyone say no to a five year old? Sometimes DemiVeemon wonders if Ken was the sole reason that they even survived and won that war.

DemiVeemon lookes up as Ken tried to stifle a yawn. He looked really tired. “Ken-kun,” a voice that DemiVeemon recognizes as the girl's. “You should get some rest. We'll still be here when you wake up.”

DemiVeemon watches as Ken, sleepily, give her a small smile. He felt Ken give him a huge and murmur softly, “I glad Minomon still gets to keep his best friend.” DemiVeemon smiles as Ken's arms loosen around him as he slowly drifts off to sleep.