Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon - Dark Destiny ❯ Airdramon's Request ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon belongs to Toei Animation Co., and a bunch of other people. The human characters and the history of this Digital World, are mine, however.
 
Chapter IV: Airdramon's Request
 
“Lord Airdramon, I am pleased to report that I have rescued the Savior,” Mark told the large, winged snake. The look in his eyes was one of greatest conviction. Mark had been like that ever since… well, it doesn't really matter.
“Yes, Mark, you have done well.” Airdramon turned to me. “Savior, I am glad to see you are safe. Has your adventure been so far peaceful?”
I barely contained my laughter. “No, Lord Airdramon. We were forced to kill Dark Tyranomon in his city. My Digimon managed to evolve into these Agumon during the fight.”
“I can see that. I am relieved to see your Digimon have evolved into Children. Was it a reaction from your DigiVice, or was it natural?” Airdramon's voice turned curious.
I looked down to the elliptical DigiVice on my belt. “My DigiVice reacted, why?”
He laughed. “I was merely curious. Do either of you understand how your DigiVices work?” When we shook our heads, he continued, “So they did not know… At any rate, I do know. When you are in danger and your Digimon feel the need to protect you, they will evolve. Because of their natural age, the bonus power you gave them will make their evolution to the Child level will be permanent. However, if you come across the need for the Adult level, it will not be; it will wear off moments after the battle. You need to fill your Tags to achieve Perfection level.”
Mark asked Airdramon, “What do we fill our Tags with, Lord Airdramon?”
Before he could answer, a question came to my mind, “I'm sorry to interrupt, but is there an evolutionary level beyond Perfection?”
Airdramon nodded. “To Mark's question: They are called Crests. There are four. The Great Darkness created one of them; my associates and I created the rest. They are the Crest of Fate, Life, Miracles, and…Death. I suppose you can guess which one He made? Anyway, we hid our three across Folder Continent, away from the Great Darkness. He saved his to give to his Chosen Tamer.
“As to Nathaniel's question, I have no real answer. There was a legend… I wish I knew more. D'Arcmon has the original scrolls; she should be able to aid you more than me.”
Both of us bowed slightly before thanking Airdramon and turning to leave. “Wait, Tamers. I have a request.” We turned to face him. “Thank you. I would like you save His Chosen Tamer. With her on His side, I fear He can not fall. If, however, you can not save her, do not let your personal feelings get in the way. You may have to kill her.”
We just stared at Airdramon. Seeing us unable to answer, Airdramon continued to talk. “I am sorry to ask this of you… Putting that behind for now, I have a gift for you, Savior.” A small, thin, and narrow object appeared in my hand. “It is the Digital Card, or DigiCard, of Skies. Insert it into your D-Terminal to open a map to the nearest peaceful Domain. I am certain Coelamon will be of aid in your journey.”
This time when we bowed we did leave. It seemed we had more to do here than I had previously thought. When we were at the base of the mountain and reunited with our Digimon, I took out my D-Terminal. There was a small slot just the size of the DigiCard. I placed it at the opening and it was immediately pulled into the D-Terminal. A complete 3-D map appeared on the screen, showing our current location and the safest path to Coelamon's Domain.
I turned to Mark and smiled, “Are you ready to begin our adventure?”
Mark smiled and kept walking. He seemed ready for anything…
 
-----------------------------
 
Author's Note: The next chapter's a good bit longer, trust me.
I try to use the Japanese names for the Digimon and their moves whenever possible. If I don't, I don't know `em.