Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon - Dark Destiny ❯ Explosive Evolution! V-Dramon! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon belongs to Toei Animation Co., and many other people. The human characters and the history of this Digital World are mine, however.
 
Chapter V: Explosive Evolution! V-Dramon!
We followed the map for two days and nights before we came to a large lake at the end of the trail. I had been trying to hurry us up; to get to the end faster. I knew I had missed my date, but I still had to talk to Caitlin. After all, what would she think of me after I just stopped talking to her for so long? In any event, we were finally seemed to be on the right path.
I checked the map once more, searching for the exact location of the local Domain Lord: Coelamon. It wasn't shown. I sighed and motioned for our party to move on. We would just have to find him when we found him.
“I can look, if you'd like! I'm good when it comes to lakes, rivers, and oceans!” Mark's Betamon seemed so eager and we needed to find it quickly, so I told him to hop in and have a look. Of course, I regret that now…
Not long after Betamon had gone underwater to investigate and search for our evasive ally, he was shot high in the air by a torrent of steaming water. Even before he could land, bubbles began to appear on the surface and a turtle like Digimon surfaced itself. “How dare you invade my waters? You will not survive this day! Ocean Streamer!”
The attack wasn't aimed at the Digimon; it was aimed at us. Just before the jet of steaming water struck its target, our Digimon jumped in the way. Agumon was down, as was Pico Devimon. We only had three Digimon to help us now; all of them threw themselves at our turtle-like foe. Before they could do any real damage, they had entered the range of our opponent. “Fin Cutters!” he cried.
Now we were in trouble. All three of our remaining protectors had been knocked to the ground, unable to move. I cursed as I moved in to see if they would live. Before I reached them, Mark pushed me out of the way. “Stay back. You matter a hell of a lot more than I do right now.”
I did as I was told, but that seems to have been just what the Archelomon had wanted. He laughed before saying, “You are fools. I don't know what type of Digimon you are, but you can't be stronger than I. Ocean Streamer!”
The attack hit its mark that time. I took the geyser full in the chest and fell back, saved from horrid burns by my clothes alone. I cursed as I hit the ground. If I didn't make it through this, I could never explain to her why I missed our date…
Just then Black Agumon stood. “Black Flame…” His voice was meek and his attack had little effect on the aquatic Digimon he was fighting. I cried out when his foe retaliated. “Fin Cutters!”
Black Agumon fell back and I was worried. I was even more worried when he didn't rise. Cursing, I forced myself to stand and made my way slowly over to him. By now, Mark had fallen into the water and was being dragged to his doom. It was only me left in this fight; I knew we'd lose. But it was that moment that I gained hope.
Black Agumon again stood as my DigiVice began to burn my side. A pillar of light engulfed my friend, seemingly emanating from my DigiVice. “Black Agumon, shinkaa! V-Dramon!” Black Agumon was replaced by a large, rather husky blue-and-white dinosaur with two horns and a large “V” on his chest.
Hope soared within me as I felt the waves of power coming off of V-Dramon. Even Archelomon seemed frightened now. V-Dramon moved with a speed not fit for something of his size and was soon at the water's edge. “Go get Mark! I'll take care of this thing!”
I didn't hesitate to do as I was told. If I were to save Mark from his horrible fate, I would have to do it soon. Jumping into the water, I searched frantically until I found him; it was difficult to pull him to the surface. I managed, however, and soon enough he was coughing up water and, rather rigidly, breathing.
V-Dramon was doing a fine job of taking care of the trash, as promised. He was batting the turtle between his paws and enjoying the challenge of cracking his enemy's hard shell. Finally it was cracked and Archelomon was forced to show his sorry face. “Finally. Do you have any last words?” Without waiting for a reply, V-Dramon screamed, “V-Nova Blast!”
Archelomon screamed as he dissolved into his component data. V-Dramon readily devolved to Black Agumon and fell to the ground, exhausted and spent.
Not long after, another Digimon came to the surface. “What's all this commotion in my Domain?” He then saw Mark and me. “Ah. It's just you. I was wondering how long it'd take you to get here. I'm Coelamon. It's nice to see you two safe and ready.”
“We aren't exactly safe. A turtle Digimon just attacked us.” Mark said, breathing a lot better now.
Coelamon snarled. “Damn that Archelomon. Where is he now? I ought to beat some sense into him…”
I laughed nervously. “We kinda had to kill him…”
Coelamon's laugh was much heartier. “Well then, I guess you two did the job for me. But how did you manage to beat him? It looks like all of your Digimon friends there have been given the hurtin'.”
I began to formulate a response, but Mark cut me off. “Nathaniel's Black Agumon evolved into a V-Dramon and he vaporized the fiend!”
Coelamon laughed once more at this. “He did, did he? Well now, that changes everything I had to tell you, don't it? How should I go about this? Alrighty, I think I know just the thing.”
He paused a moment to go under water and gain more oxygen; despite his legs he was still a fish, after all. When he returned to the surface he continued talking. “You should still go and see the rest of us friendly Domain Lords, but now I think you should look for your Crests along the way. If you're all already going Adult, I think you might well be in for some good fightin'; you'll be needin' to get ready. Anywho, I'll give you this here DigiCard of Seas. I take it you already know what it's for, right? Good. Now, I don't well know where any o' them Crests are, or which ones you'll all get. But if I'm right, ol' Pidmon ought to know. I'm a countin' on you, ya hear?”
When we nodded and thanked him for his gift and advice, he offered to let us stay a while to recover. Looking at our Digimon then, there was no way we could refuse. By the morning, our Digimon were ready to move, so I put the new DigiCard into my D-Terminal and we moved out.
 
-------------------------------
 
Author's Notes: Well, it was longer. I didn't exactly break my promise, did I?
The DigiCards will be explained more fully later, when it fits.
I try to use the Japanese names for Digimon and their moves whenever possible. If I don't, I don't know `em.