Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: Distorted Souls ❯ Prologue: A Broken Reflection ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Digimon: Distorted Souls

Prologue: A Broken Reflection

I was so mad at the world, and I guess mad at myself. It seemed liked good things, exciting things, happened to other people and never happened to me. My life was one disastrous event after another. Sometimes life went really well for me, but something was always just around the corner. Everything that had affected me in the past caught up to me in the present. I'm not a bad person. I'm a great guy, and always do what anybody ever asks. I try to be what everybody else wants me to be, but it doesn't matter though because being this way never helps me. I have changed a lot from the person I used to be. At least that's what I always hear. If that one event in my life had never occurred...

"Reth! Come downstairs. I know you're home."

My mom was calling me, but I didn't want to see her. She'd make me feel worse about myself. I was already down because I had gotten into a fight, and it didn't help that I had lost it. But it was evitable; I couldn't win because I wasn't a fighter anymore. I was a peacemaker, a pacifist. No matter what I wouldn't fight back, and I'm guessing I didn't really want too. Right now though, I was worried about my mom. If she saw my cuts and bruises, she'd get mad because it would remind her of him. I couldn't understand why she didn't realize I wasn't my brother...

"If you don't come down, I'm coming up." She added.

I got up and locked the door. I would not deal with this tonight. Tomorrow would be the day of the disappearances, the 4th year anniversary, and taking in so much at one time hurt too much. My brother was gone, my friends were gone, and with them I was gone. I just wanted to go to sleep. I laid on top of my bed with my eyes closed, hoping my life was a dream. I heard my mom at the door begging me to open it, but I ignored her. I ignored everything, began to block everything from my mind and heart, until finally... there was darkness.

"You're our only hope now..."