Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon: KAHOS ❯ The Empire ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon is property of Bandai/Toei. The characters, Aiden, Hayru, Nicole, The Faith, The Revenant, the Digital Empire, and the Digital Gods are of my own and must have permission to use them.
 
typed like this means dreams
like this means a memory
like this means thoughts
_*_*_*_*_*_ is a scene change
 
 
 
Digimon: KHAOS
By: Death Emperor Daeron
 
Chapter Three:
The Empire
 
 
 
-Raikain-The Imperial City-
 
The effect of the destruction of Earth was still in the early stages, the ache in the Destined's hearts still lingered. The Faith led the Destined on a day long trip to the Imperial City, Raikain. On the afternoon of the second day of travel, the city came into view. The city seemed endless and majestic. The entire city was made of marble, with golden gates, silver bridges, and bronze doors. It seemed they walked straight out of Hell and into Heaven. Maybe even Heaven couldn't describe the beauty this city has.
 
Remaining silent through the cities streets, the Destined saw many humans and Digimon living side by side, however the Destined did recieve stares from the residents of Raikain. Ignoring the glares and whispers behind their backs, the Destined soon came upon the Raikain Imperial Palace. Two 100 foot tall gold and silver doors, adorned with lion and dragon heads blocked their path. The Faith knelt down and the doors slowly opened.
 
"Destined...make haste." said Clarity.
 
"The Emperor himself wishes to meet you." added Purity.
 
"We will be watching." finished Divinity as all three vanished in a bright flash. Davis looked back at the others, and they all had the same look on their face. Wondering what to do next, they stood their for a moment. A voice from deep inside the palace disturbed them, making everyone jump.
 
"COME IN" bellowed the voice from palace. "I WISH TO MEET YOU."
 
"Should we even go?" asked Nicole grabbing ahold of Hayru's arm. "I mean can't we find Aiden on our own and leave?"
 
"And go where?!" asked Davis, his voice tinged with anger. "Our world is destroyed and I doubt we could go back to the other Digital World without the aid of The Faith, so we have no choice but to meet with this Emperor and do what he asks." Davis took in a deep breath and released it, letting off some built up stress. He took a couple steps in, and was soon followed by the others.
 
When entering the main hall of the palace, Ken took note of the very egyptian feel and look this place gave off. Egyptian eye's and egyptian crosses covered the walls of the hall. Ken got a glimpse of some hyroglyphics. It was in the same code as on Earth, it talked about a great war, a man in black robes, and his other half. Not taking another moment to think about it, Ken hurried off to catch up with the others. Soon after Ken met up the other Destined, they had found the doors to the Throne Room. Davis, Hayru, and Black Agumon X pushed the doors open and walked on in. There, sitting before them, was the ruler of the Empire. He was more dressed like a Pharoh than an emperor, but they are about the same.
 
The Emperor wore egyptian style robes, styled in the fashion for a Pharoh. He wore the High Crown, the highest a pharoh could have on Earth back in that time period. His face should little signs of age, but by his looks, he seemed to be about twenty and no older. His body was tatooed in the traditional egyptian markings of black, gold, and white. He sat there in his throne with a staff in hand.
 
"Welcome children of Earth to Raikain, my home and now yours." said the emperor. "I am Emperor Menell, ruler of the Digital Empire." The Destined did all they could think to do, and that was kneel. "Ah, please stand young ones." Emperor Menell stepped down from his raised throne and touched the top of Davis's head.
 
"We came because we were asked." said Hayru. "What is it we are to do?"
 
"Very simple..." said Menell turning back to his throne, taking a seat. He was about to talk when the throne room doors came flying open and three mega level digimon came barging in. A Gallantmon, Dynasmon, and an Alphamon. All three knelt and then stood.
 
"Emperor, we have reports of a massive Revenant army to the east of the Imperial City." informed Gallantmon.
 
"They will be here within the hous." added Dynasmon. Alphamon nodded in agreement, signaling that this was all true. Emperor Menell looked furious. He picked up his staff and slammed it back down, causing the marble to great.
 
"So...The Revenant are still up to their old tricks..." Menell looked at Davis and the others. "Generals...prepare the army...as for you children...it is time you see what the Revenant can do...besides destroy worlds." The Destined knew what he meant and of course they all wanted to exact their own revenge for The Revenant destroying their home and family. Menell orded some men to prepare his chariot. The Digimon digivolved to their champion levels and the Destined themselves joined the ride to the battlefield with the Emperor on his chariot.
 
-Field of Kanisis-
 
The sounds of battle seemed to approach rather quickly. The chariot came over a hill and stopped, allowing everyone to see the field of battle. Before them lay a field of carnage. Metal on metal, digimon versus digimon. The field was filled with both humans and digimon, which surprised the Destined.
 
"Charge!" commanded Menell from the chariot. And so the second wave of imperial troops charged forward, laying waste to Revenant forces on the ground. "That was rather...wait!" Over another hill in the distance seven figures, leaders of The Revenant. "Davis, go and face them, do not worry we will be over their momentarily." The Destined were hesistant for a moment, but shook off the feeling and quickly jumped off the chariot. Running as quickly as they could, they soon came face to face with the figures on the top of the hill.
 
"Ah, looks as though we have company my lord." said one of the figures bowing towards a hooded figure on a horse. The hooded figure turned and rode off and the others stood up. "We are The Revenant, and we are here to destroy the empire at all costs. I am Azmodan."
 
"I am Leon." said a younger boy, about ten.
 
"I am Anastasia." said beautiful young women.
 
"I am Damien." laughed a young man with a tattoo across his face. "Of course you already met Devil." the figure on another horse was of course Devil in the flesh. However he turned away and rode off. ExVeemon attempted to go after Devil, but he was stopped by an Aero Veedramon. Anastasia laughed at Davis and his partner.
 
"Tis sad that your digimon is so weak, he cannot even gain his next level with out the aide of another digimon." laughed Anastasia some more. Aero Veedramon landed next to her and smiled a toothy grin.
 
"Oh how I am going to enjoy ripping you apart." said Azmodan. "But I think I will let Asmodeusmon handle that." A demonic figure appeared, having the shape of a man with horns coming from his head, his legs were reverse jointed and hooves were his feet. Two massive black wings came from this digimons back, adding to his already startling appearance.
 
The young boy named Leon laughed as his digimon Commandramon stepped out with it;s gun pointing at the Destined. "Can we play with them first? Please Azmodan?" Azmodan laughed and nodded.
 
"Who the hell are these freaks?" asked Stingmon.
 
"Look like some wanna be Dark Destined to me." answered Strikedramon. Hayru nodded, these children were no more than Destined with another name.
 
"Why do you fight against Menell?" asked Kari. "And do you know anything about Aiden?" The four looked at each other and then laughed.
 
"Of course we know about Aiden, and he knows about us." said Damien, his digimon Chaosdramon approaching his side. "But of course that is for us to know." All four laughed, and then stopped, becoming serious.
 
"Let us get this over with..." Azmodan stopped in midsentence as if he was talking to someone. All four sighed. "Well it seems since this battle was already lost, we wont fight today, but we will meet again soon!" All four bowed and then was carried off by their partners. Davis cursed out loud and punched the ground as the Emperor approached.
 
"Ah it seems they got away." said Menell. "Not to worry, they will be back and we will get them next time." Emperor Menell tuned his chariot around and rode back to the city, leaving the Destined behind. After a moment to catch their breath and allow to let the information sink in of these enemies, they went back, exhausted, something about this world made them so tired, like they were being drained. Shrugging the thought off, the Destined arrived back at the palace and they were promptly taken to their rooms for rest. Ken couldn't rest and studied the hyroglyphics he found earlier, hoping to find something on this prophecy. Yet all he could find was a fragment that mentions a group of warriors and digimon that fought side by side. The armor worn by the warriors gave them mystical powers, aiding them in battle. The rest was lost, it seems like someone broke off a piece of the stone on purpose.
 
"You should be asleep." said a voice from behind. Ken got up and turned around to see it was the Emperor. "Ah, curious about the prophecy? Well I will get some of people to bring you the known texts about this event in our worlds past...now please rest." Ken nodded and left to go to bed, leaving Menell by himself. "Rest children of Earth...for the battle has just begun."
 
 
Authors Note: This chapter was another introduction chapter, for the Revenant. Yeah I know this story lacks action, but it will be coming soon. Soon the prophecy will be explained , and the battles will begin between the Destined and The Revenant. Hope you enjoyed.
 
Next Installment: Chapter Four: Royal Knights of Raikain
The Emperor declares the Destined the Royal Knights of Raikain, following the tradition set from the very first Digital Emperor. The Prophecy is finally revealed and the Revenant plot the next course of action.