Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Millenium ❯ A Solution Corrupted ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon. Kapeesh?
 
Author's Note: I am soooooo so so sorry for taking so long with uploading … it's just been pretty busy. Had to prepare for my stupid exams which will start next week. Anyhow, I've finally got time to write so I'm writing away!
Enjoy the next chapter of Digimon Millennium!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter Seven
 
A Solution Corrupted
 
The Digidestined were slowly falling apart. It had only been two weeks, but to TK it felt like an eternity. Davis had taken Kari to who knows where, and there was still no sign of Ken. While he was still lost in the unpredictable forest with Yolei and Cody.
The Digimon hadn't had anything left to heal themselves with after that battle with MeganicVeedramon since all the things Yolei brought with her mysteriously disappeared.
Davis had taken Gatomon out but he had done it more severely than he had with Kari.
She had thankfully woken up, but was still recovering from the shock of the blow.
“Oh man …” TK took out his D3, and started rubbing on its screen as if the answer would appear on it. “This is bad …”
“Tell me about it …” Cody said, sighing. He was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed and arms folded. “It's too bad we haven't seen Ken, and now Davis had turned evil all of a sudden and Kari's taken away …”
He looked at the lavender-haired girl who had her back turned to them, “What do you think we should do now, Yolei?”
Yolei sniffled silently, shaking her head.
“Oh Yolei …” TK moved over and rubbed her shoulder affectionately. “What's wrong?”
“N-nothing,” Yolei whimpered. Taking off her glasses, she started wiping away the tears that were running down her cheek. “It's j-just that …”
“You worried about Ken and the others, aren't you?” Cody said, looking down.
At this, Yolei buried her face in her hands and started sobbing. TK stared at her, alarmed. This was not the first time he had seen Yolei lose control, but this time it wasn't just some ordinary reason.
“Yolei, I didn't mean to make you cry!” Cody said, running to her side.
“It's alright … Cody …” Yolei sniffed, emerging with her face streaked with tears. “I-It's me I'm upset at …”
TK frowned, “Yolei, all of this has nothing to do with you. There's no need to get mad at yourself!”
Yolei didn't say anything. She bent her head and hugged herself. “I … It's just that … I feel so useless!”
“Hn?” TK and Cody looked at each other.
Yolei continued, pausing every now and then, “W-we haven't even seen Ken yet … we d-don't know where he might be … and now Kari's been taken hostage by a guy we thought we knew! Why?”
“Yolei …” a strangled voice from nearby startled them. They looked to see Hawkmon, who was slumped on the ground with Yolei's school scarf wrapped around his tiny body. He coughed, and then looked at his partner, “Yolei … everything's going to be OK … think of all the things we've been through already …”
“I know that, Hawkmon …” Yolei said, pulling back her bangs. “I know … but I feel as if our experience has worn off, we weren't as ready as we used to be back then …”
“Nonsense, Yolei …” Cody said, but TK held out his hand.
“No, I think Yolei might be right …” TK told him. “Remember when Veemon couldn't digivolve into ExVeemon in that battle?”
“Yeah, I'd never seen that happen before.”
Yolei looked up, wiping away her tears with her sleeve, “Why did it happen?”
“It might've been because Davis and Veemon suddenly turned all evil or something …” Patamon said. He was lying on the ground near TK, one eye swollen from a huge blow MeganicVeedramon had laid on him.
TK sighed, looking up into the sky, “Whatever reason it is, this is really serious … aw, man, I just wish Izzy were here to -”
“Did I just hear somebody call my name?” a very familiar voice cut his speech, and TK nearly swore as he fumbled in his pocket for his D-terminal.
“Izzy?” Yolei looked over TK's shoulder at the screen and gasped as she saw the redheaded teen smile back up at them.
“Great! I knew this would work!” Izzy said, looking behind him. He glanced back up at the three, who were staring down at the screen, transfixed and grinned widely, “Hey guys! Long time, no see, eh?”
 
Meanwhile, at that very moment …
Kari couldn't believe her eyes. Sure, she saw the real thing, and she was being led somewhere by the real thing … but she couldn't believe he was the real thing. Her eyes were fixed on the boy who was walking ahead of her, leading her through the fog that had strangely occurred not long from the time she gained consciousness.
Whoever he is … Kari thought, biting her lip hard in frustration. That's not Davis …
MeganicVeedramon was flying high above them, and in the raging mist, she couldn't see any sight of him. She hated to think that he had digivolved from the lovable Rookie she had known as Veemon.
“W-where are you taking me?” Kari asked, feeling her voice might vanish from using it too much. Especially using it on that question.
Davis didn't reply. He just kept walking, showing no signs of fatigue or exhaustion.
“Hey, I just asked you something! Answer me!” Kari cried out angrily.
Her companion stopped short, causing her to nearly bump into him. She shortly straightened up, pulling her bangs back from her forehead.
“Hn …” Davis turned around to face her, making her shiver unpleasantly at the sight of his crimson-red eyes.
Kari looked right back at him, refusing to show any sign of fear, but failing dreadfully.
“W-who are you?” she whimpered, hugging herself. “What have you done with Davis?”
Scornful laughter filled the air and Kari felt another chill run down her spine. Although she didn't exactly share Gatomon's ability to sense things, she knew that the energy this boy held was not common.
He's pure evil … she thought, horrified.
“I'm not exactly what you thought I used to be … you're friend, the Digidestined of Miracles …” he said, looking down upon her. “But at the same time, I'm that very Digidestined of Miracles ... just a little different.”
Kari frowned and brought her hands, which were now curled up into fists, down by her sides. “What do you mean by that? Davis can never be like you!”
“Hn,” the marked boy turned away from her, unmistakably smiling. “Think all you want … but he won't be back … I've taken over … I've always had …”
Kari watched him walk away a few steps, before saying coldly, “It would be best for you if you follow me …”
Blinking back tears, Kari followed him on through the mist, not knowing what to think anymore.
 
In the Real World …
“Izzy, you're a genius!” Tai said happily.
The older Digidestined were standing in a clearing in a small forest of the Digiworld, looking into the D-terminal. Their Digimon partners had joined them a few minutes after they appeared and now all they had to do was find the younger Digidestined.
“It was nothing; I just had to install a function that is as similar as a webcam into the D-terminal, so that allows us to communicate with Davis and the others easy …” Izzy explained.
“That's great,” Matt said, moving over to look at his little brother. “Hey TK, how you doing?”
“Matt!” TK grinned, his blue eyes twinkling. “How did you guys - I mean … where are you guys?”
“In the Digiworld,” Gabumon said, trying to take a peek at his partner's brother. He hopped up and waved, “Nice to see you again, TK!”
“You too, Gabumon …” TK said, smiling.
Yolei came up beside TK and she beamed at them, “Hey everyone! It's about time, you know!”
“Uh-huh … so where are you guys?” Izzy said. “We've activated a Digital Portal that would lead us to the Real World, so if you guys can make your way over to this area, we'll be off.”
“That won't be a problem,” TK said. His face seemed to fall, and the once-present sparkle that was in his eyes was gone. “But without Davis and Kari, I'm not sure we can do that …”
There was silence for a moment. Then Tai spoke up, his voice edgy, “What do you mean `without Davis and Kari'? What about them?”
“Well … there was a bit of a problem …” TK said, and he told them what had happened from the moment they were attacked by Jijimon the previous state of Davis.
Tai blinked, not believing a word of it, “What do you mean? What had happened?”
“We don't know what else happened … I just told you what I know,” TK said.
“Oh no!” Cody blurted out from where he stood with TK.
“What's wrong, Cody?” Yolei asked, fear shown on her face.
“If-if they're in the Digiworld, and … and we're also in the Digiworld … then …” Cody murmured out loud. His eyes widened, “This is bad!”
“What do you …” TK gasped slightly. He looked back at the screen, “Guys … there's a huge flaw in all of this … if you're in the Digiworld, how does it look so different as to where we are?”
“What do you mean?” Sora asked, her eyes narrowed.
Izzy nodded slowly, his eyes scanning the monitor. “I see what TK means …”
He turned around to look at his friends, “Guys, someone is playing a very clever game with us. Don't you get it? Look at the environment TK and the others are in!”
Tai looked closely at the screen, and saw that Izzy was right. Fog and darkness surrounded the younger Digidestined, while he and the older Digidestined were in the original surroundings of the Digiworld.
“What is this?” he cried.
“Izzy, didn't you check the weather forecast thingy before coming here?” Agumon questioned.
“Tentomon checked the place, he said everything was clear and he was never wrong before!” Izzy said his breath shallow.
“Damn …” Tai said, looking away. There was definitely a problem, and it seemed that something familiar had struck once again. The two people he was most terrified for, was his sister and Davis.
“We've gotta do something … fast …” he said, looking at the others.
 
 
Kari stifled a gasp, as a huge shape came into view over the fog. Her pulse quickened and her palms started to sweat.
Malevolence struck the air and an immense tower hung over them, its darkness stretching out wickedly. Kari stopped short for a moment, and then was jerked forward as Davis pulled her along.
They walked through the grounds, the fog still as thick as ever, with a mysterious chill in the air. Kari couldn't resist shivering as Davis led her up the weathered stairs of the edifice. After a few minutes, Davis stopped and turned around, his voice deep with iniquity, “We have reached our destination …”
From behind her, MeganicVeedramon landed with amazing agility. Kari knew no Digimon had enough power to use energy on flying and still be as quick as MeganicVeedramon was.
Kari's attention was turned as mocking laughter filled the air, and she gasped as two people walked over from out of darkness to Davis's side.
“Well done, Digidestined of Miracles …” the woman hissed, rubbing her gloved hands together. “I knew you'd do well …”
“Yes,” the man agreed, diverting his interest to Kari. “As for you, we have been waiting a long time for this …”
Kari's blood ran cold, and she let out her words with a breath, “Y-you're … the two people … Frosty's”
“I'm glad you remembered us …” Rita said. She smiled wickedly, “Too bad you're friend here didn't … or at least, that's what he said, till we had to force him …”
And just like they had appeared, a form emerged on the ground, barely breathing.
Kari's hand came to her mouth, trying to muffle her shriek, “NO!”
Tears ran down her cheeks, and she slowly brought her hands down, never looking away from the boy lying on the floor, ragged and hurt. “K-Ken …”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: That was the best I could do for now. My exams are starting (NOOOOO!!!!) but don't worry, I'm gonna take time off of my winter vacation to continue. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it and review if you want!
Cheerio! :D