Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Saga: A New Beginning ❯ Thanks for the flowers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon is owned by Toei and Hongo, I'm not making any money off this, so don't sue me. I only own the characters that I create and ask my permission if you want to use them. Other characters belong to the people who are letting me use them, enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

Hyperman: Okay, everything is going just fine. I decided to go ahead and start a chapter with just me in it to get things started.

 

Lady Devimon: A little arrogant of you, you said that you would start as soon as you got five reviews.

 

Hyperman: Chill, I'm not the only main character you know, and I may not appear that much anyway, besides its just chapter zero and nothing is going to happen.

 

Yakuzamon: Will anybody chose me?

 

Hyperman: Only time will tell, but even if you aren't chosen you still show up in the story.

 

Yakuzamon: That's a relief.

 

Lady Devimon: You're still arrogant.

 

Hyperman: True, but your in this chapter as well.

 

Lady Devimon: If that's the case, let's get this party started!

 

Hyperman: Before we do that, I wish to dedicate Digimon Saga to Lavender Chan for inspiring me to write this story and Phoenix Hoshika for being such a good editor, never letting me give up, and most of all a good friend. Now LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

 

Digimon Saga: A New Beginning

By

Hyperman

 

 

Chapter 1:

THANKS FOR THE FLOWERS!

 

 

It was a beautiful day as I walked through the rows of stones. The birds were singing, the grass was green, and there was not a cloud in the sky. But I didn't care about that, at one time I would have, but that was over three years ago and things change. As I walked towards my destination, I could feel her presence and it made me smile a little. Always out of site, but there when I needed her; my partner, my guardian, and most of all, my friend. My name is Darien Jones; I'm 5ft8, 190lbs, and 15 years old. I'm from Knoxville, TN, black, with brown eyes, and my hair is black and braided down to the middle of my back. Since I'm visiting my mother and sister's graves I wore what I always wear, black. Black pants, shirt, shoes, sox, trench coat, and sunglasses.

 

As I stopped in front of the graves of my mother and sister I said a prayer for them, my partner said a prayer for them as well and I placed the flowers in front of there headstones. As I lost myself in memories, a shadow fell across my mother and sister's headstones, causing me to spin around and reach into my black trench coat, but I stopped when I saw who it was. My father, Eddy Jones, but it still freaked me out how a man with bad knees could sneak up on me. My father stands at 6ft2, weighs 282, has brown eyes, and a bald head. He was wearing a black three piece suit, black dress shoes, and dark sunglasses. In his left hand was black cane with a silver handle and in the other hand were two bouquets of flowers. One bouquet was a dozen red roses and the other was a dozen irises. He tossed the irises on my sister's plot and the roses onto my mother's and said a silent prayer. I waited for him to finish and when he was done I said, "Thanks for the flowers." Dad only nodded.

 

Taking a break on one of the park benches I waited for him to say what he's been saying for the past three years. "When are you coming home?" He asked me and I replied, "When are you going let her be apart of your home?" I asked in turn. My father sighed and said, "Its here, isn't it." I could already feel the slow burn spreading up my back and did my best to keep my emotions in check. "Yes, she is here, you know she follows me where ever I go." My father looked at me I could see tension in his shoulders; they never got along, my father and her. "I'm sorry, but after what happened the last time I don't want that thing in my house ever again!" He said his voice rising, but that was all it took to set me off. "Look, she is not a thing; she is a living, thinking being. I don't know why you can't trust her. She wouldn't harm me or any body else unless she felt they were a threat. I will admit that her appearance can be a little disturbing, but looks aren't everything and I know she has a good heart. Your problem is you can't get you head stuck out your ass to see what really goes on in the world!!" I knew I crossed the line and probably would have gotten a mud hole stomped in my ass if someone hadn't appeared next to me; it was my partner Lady Devimon.

 

Lady Devimon is a fallen angled digimon of the virus type. Standing at 6ft tall, dressed in torn black leather from head to toe and a skull on the left breast of her costume. She has pale white skin, black-feathered wings, which she can hide, and blood red eyes; she is disturbing to look at, if you're not used to her. It doesn't help that she has chains wrapped around her body, the fact that her skin tight black leather suit is a living being, and probably the most distinguishing feature, an elongated right arm with five long red claws. Well I forgot to mention that on her left shoulder, a piece of the suit is torn and has a face that smiles at you, or that she fangs. One day I plan to ask her how she moves in that thing.

 

My father, seeing his mortal enemy quickly backed away from us and Lady Devimon asked me in her feminine, monotone voice, "Are you okay Darien?" "I'm fine Lady Devimon, it was my fault, that was uncalled for and I'm really sorry Dad." I said it like that to cool them both down. My father took off his sunglasses and looked at Lady Devimon hard, now that he was away from her he regained a bit of his bravado. "Son, all she does is bring you trouble, three years ago you would have never said that to me, but you changed as soon as you met her, your grades slipped, your attitude changed, and you ignored your responsibilities. She will be the death of you if you don't get away from her, but since you feel that you know what's best, you do whatever the hell you want!"

 

"I said I was sorry and I meant it, it just slipped out and it doesn't help that you fly off the handle just because you don't like her. And my grades were slipping because I had a job to do, the army couldn't do anything to stop the digimon attacks, we could! And just to let you know, yes my attitude has changed, back then I was always pushed around, but she made me stronger, Lady Devimon is a part of who I' am and she is apart of me!" I shouted back, but my father just stood there and shook with rage, so continued. "I will fight anyone, to the death if necessary to protect you, her, and anyone else who is in trouble, but I didn't come here to argue with you, I came to pay my respects to the dead, and then I'm leaving again." With that said, Dad finally calmed down, a cemetery is no place to argue no matter whose is right or wrong. With that said Dad went his way while Lady Devimon and I went to go visit one more grave. "Love you dad." I said in a whispered voice when he was out of ear shot and Dad said, "I love you son." In a whispered voice as well, but I didn't know that.

 

I watched my partner as he knelt down by the gravestone of his late girlfriend, Darien really loved Nancy and I thought she would have made an excellent mate for him, had she lived. I'm a fallen angel, but I never gave much thought to my appearance, this is how I was supposed to digivolve and I never became aware of that, until Eddy bought it up. I chose the path that I walk that as friend and protector of this young man, Nancy saw the good in me despite my appearance and was my friend as well. I was also good friends with both Ceil and Lena Jones, Darien's mother and sister. The only one I never got along with is Eddy.

 

I know that it was not my fault that they are dead, but I blame myself on some level, Darien really believes that it was his fault that we got there too late, but the truth was they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. As Darien finished his prayer and I finished mine I had to ask him, "Darien, do you think I'm a burden to you?" Darien just snorted at that question and said, "Don't ever let that jackass get to you I would be dead if not for you and you make life worth living." I had to smile at him and he smiled at me, then the pain of loss set in and we embraced each other and cried for five minutes straight.

 

Later, that night back in the Digital World, we had both gone to bed, when Darien's tossing, turning, and screaming woke me out of a cat food dream; I had devolved back into my Black Gatomon form and quickly went to wake up my partner. "Darien, wake up!" I said urgently, shaking him from the side of the bed and Darien sat up like a bolt of lightning had hit him. He was shaking like a leaf in the wind, sweat pouring off of his body, and I could smell fear coming off of him. Even in the dark I could see that his eyes were looking past me. "Don't leave me, don't kill her! Lady Devimon, don't die!!!" He screamed, damn it he was still dreaming so I had slap him out of it. Darien sat there for a moment rubbing his cheek and finally noticed me. "I thought he took you Black Gatomon… I thought I lost you too." He said and he held me in his arms and I could feel his heart beat slow, his chin resting on top of my head. I patted his shoulder with my paw, "It was just a dream Darien, I'm here and that thing is dead. You don't have to worry about anything; I will always be there to protect you." Darien chuckled and said to me, "And you thought you were a burden, I can't do anything right. Three of the most important people in my life are gone, my family hates me, and it's my entire fault." Darien pulled his arms from around me and hung his head in shame. I reached over and licked a tear off his face. "Darien, you are one the bravest, compassionate, and caring people I know. You have fought with all your might and persevered over many challenges. Yes, you have lost loved ones, but it was not your fault and if I have to beat that into your thick skull I will. Also know that you don't suffer alone and your family does not hate you, they love you and so do I." Darien smiled a little and looked at me. "Thank you Black Gatomon, I don't know what I would do with out you sometimes and I'm glad to be your partner." I smiled at him, "You can start by getting some sleep, and we have a long day tomorrow." Darien turned his head away from me and stared into the darkness. "I don't know if I can." He replied, but I knew how to make him sleep. "Look at me Darien." I said to him and he turned towards me.

 

"What is it Black Gatomon? And why are your… eyes…glowing red?" His eyes became vacant as my CAT'S EYE HYPNOTISM took affect. "You will dream of better times and be plagued by nightmares no more and everyone you ever loved will be there with you. Sleep now." I said and Darien fell back onto the pillow and went to sleep. I didn't want to do that to him, but he needs the rest. I tucked him in gave him a goodnight lick before I laid my self back on the top of his chest. I stared into blackness of the room with my paws crossed over my chest and my tailed curled around me; Darien's breathing slowly rocked me to sleep while I thought about today's events. Before I could stop myself, tears weld in my eyes as I whisper with as much venom I could muster, "I hope you are rotting in this deepest, darkest pits of hell for all the suffering you have caused D-REAPER!" And I fell asleep.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 1

 

 

Yakuzamon: Deep stuff.

 

Lady Devimon: Yea, but I thought Darien was a crybaby.

 

Hyperman: You cried too.

 

Lady Devimon: Yea, but look who I have to babysit.

 

Hyperman: Very funny, that's the way I'm supposed to act and what about all that stuff about being a burden and relying on me for strength.

 

Lady Devimon: (Mummbles)

 

Hyperman: Did I ever tell you your cute when you pout and that you're my favorite Digimon?

 

Lady Deimon: (Blushes) Well, I guess I can put up with your crap.

 

Yakuzamon: So what's going to happen next?

 

Hyperman: Right, well nothing for right now, but I want everyone to know that I know of at least four people who may show up in this story. Two are some guys I know and the other two are Kimba and WereAngewomon and I want them to know that I approve of their partners and all.

 

Tanukimon: That's great! I hope someone chooses me to be there partner.

 

Hyperman: Its possible and I want to clear up a small error, this is in no way an attempt to make anyone look stupid, but when I said Nationality, I meant where are you from, not the color of your skin. Skin color is important though.

 

With all that takin care of drop me off some reviews so I can what I can do improve as a writer, but don't flame me, I want constructive criticism.