Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Tamers: Emerald Knight ❯ A Hero is Born ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon or any of its characters. Green Lantern is owned by DC Comics.

DIGIMON TAMERS: EMERALD KINGHT

PART 2: A HERO IS BORN

Takato looked at the uniform he was now wearing. He was totally confused on how he had gotten it. `I wonder where this came from. All I did was put on that ring and… That's it!' Taking off the ring Takato found himself back in his normal clothes.

"Cool. Henry definitely needs to see this." Said Takato.

Henry Wong sighed as he opened his apartment's door. Not to his surprise he saw that it was Takato on the other side. What was a surprise was the wide grin that was plastered on Takato's face. `Wow. I haven't seen Takato this excited since the digimon came back.'

"Henry you won't believe what I found." Said Takato as he put the ring on.

"I hope it's important Takato. I…" Henry stopped as he saw what Takato was now wearing.

Takato grinned even more. "Cool, huh?"

Henry shook his head. There was no way he was seeing this. Nope. It had to be a dream. Yeah that's it a dream. Looking at Takato again Henry sighed, the costume was still there.

"This isn't a dream is it?" he asked.

"Nope. I found this weird ring at the park. When I put it on bam instant costume." Said Takato.

Henry frowned as he began searching his room for something. The costume Takato was wearing looked strangely familiar. Looking under his bed, Henry spotted what he was looking for.

"Uh, Henry what are you looking for?" asked Takato.

"This. It's something a relative of mine in America sent me." Henry said handing the found item to Takato.

"A comic, so what?" asked Takato.

"Take a closer look at the cover." Said Henry.

Takato did so and felt his jaw drop. On the cover was a man wearing the same uniform as Takato's. He even had a similar ring. Curious, Takato briefly flipped through the comic. What he saw the main character doing with his ring amazed him.

`I wonder if my ring can do the same thing.' Thought Takato as he stared at his own ring. Pointing his ring in front of him Takato concentrated. Within moments a green version of Renamon stood before them.

Henry gasped. "No way. Takato do you know what this means?"

"That Takato can make green digimon now?" joked Terriermon.

"Terriermon that's not funny. Takato if that ring is the same as the one in the comic it could be dangerous. I want you to promise me that you won't use the ring fro anything." Henry said.

"Ah come on Henry." Groaned Takato.

"I mean it Takato. Who knows what might start happening if you use it."

Takato sighed. "All right. Geez I'm not Kazu."

Henry laughed. "A good thing too. I'd hate to think what Kazu might do if he had your ring."

Laughing as well Takato said goodbye to Henry and left for his family's bakery. Once there he went straight to his room. Locking the door Takato once again donned the ring.

"This costume really needs an update. I wonder?" Takato said with a frown.

Soon his uniform glowed green, shifted, and changed. When it was all over Takato looked down and smiled.

The uniform had changed dramatically. Takato now wore black jeans and a dark green t-shirt with a white lantern image on the front. Over the shirt Takato now wore a large grey jacket. The jacket had a green lantern image on its back.

"Cool. It's a pity I can't use the ring from now on. Still I did promise Henry." Said Takato, taking the ring off.

Elswhere in Shinjuku park, Rika Nonaka was busy with her daily jog. It was part of her usual morning rituals. One that helped to clear her mind from the daily stress. But its main purpose was to give Rika more to decide on just how she feels about a certain goggle head tamer. She had not admitted it to anyone, but Rika had been secretly glad when Takato and Jeri had broken up. Rika shook her head that goggle head always seem to get into her thoughts these days. Just as she reached the middle of the park a fog bank appeared out of now where.

Rika grinned this was just what she needed to forget about Takato for the moment.

"Great a digital field. Renamon." Said Rika.

The yellow fox digimon appeared before her tamer, ready for combat. Neither one of them had to wait for long. A Metal Etemon strutted out of the digital field. He took one look at them and grinned.

"Alright babies it looks like I have my first audience in a new world."

Rika raised her d-arc at the annoying metal monkey.

Metal Etemon. Virus. Mega. Attacks: Banana Split and Metal Punch.

Rika shook her head. "Ugh, he's more annoying than Kazu. Time to cancel his show Renamon. Biomerge activate."

Renamon biomerge to… Sakuyamon.

Metal Etemon whistled at the new digimon. "Hey that's a good trick, but I can't let you steal my show."

"Steal your show? Oh don't worry the only thing I'm going to do to your show is cancel it for everyone's sake." Sakuyamon said confidently.

"Don't count on it baby. Metal puch!"

Outside of the park Takato and henry met up with each other for a second time that day.

"What's going on Henry? I thought there weren't going to be any more wild ones?" asked Takato.

"Looks like we were wrong. Come on, Rika might need our help with this one." Said Henry.

The two tamers and their digimon raced as fast as they could to the battle. When they got there Takato couldn't help but gasp. Sakuyamon was baring standing as she faced off against Metal Etemon

"Get in there Guilmon." Takato said.

"Right Takatomon. Pyro sphere!" Guilmon said launching the fireball right at Metal Etemon's face.

"Hey you! You're messing with the king, uh huh."

With a simple back hand slap Guilmon was sent flying into a tree. Takato raced over to his partner. Terriermon tried to distract Metal Etemon only to wind up being tossed into Sakuyamon. The impact of the force sent the already weak Sakuyamon to de-digivolve back to Rika and Renamon.

"Is that all you got? Maybe those humans with you would appriate a little trip. Banana split!"

The banana peel sent Henry and Rika sliding into their digimon. Takato looked up to see Metal Etemon about to hit Rika. Takato's eyes narrowed. He needed to do something, but what? Guilmon was in no shape to fight, nor were the other digimon for that matter. Then Takato remembered something. He still had the ring in his pocket. `Sorry henry but it's the only way.' Takto thought slipping the ring on.

"Hey metal head!" Takato shouted.

Metal Etemon looked up and glared at Takato. "What was that you human runt?"

"Back off right now or else!"

"Or else what? What could you possibly do to a mega like me?" laughed metal Etemon.

"This." Takato created a emerald version of Beelzemon's corona blaster on his arm and fired. The blast ripped right through Metal Etemon's body. The mega stared in disbelief at Takato before disbursing into data.

Rika shook her head as she stood up. Looking over at Takato Rika felt her jaw drop. Was that Takato with a corona blaster on his arm? And why did he have different clothes on?

"All right goggle head what's going on?" she asked.

Takato wish he could just fly away. There was no way that he wanted to explain to Rika what had just happened. When he heard Rika shout up at him, Takato looked down. `What a minute down?' Indeed Takato was now floating in the air. `I'm flying? Oh man this ring is totally cool. Better get Guilmon and get out of here before Rika and Henry try ask any more questions.' Creating a bubble around Guilmon Takato flew them back to his home.

Rika watched Takato fly away with a frown. It looks like the goggle head had lot of explaining to do. But first she was going to find out what Henry knew.

Else where in the park a shadowy figure had just witnessed Takato's use of the power ring. `I must get the ring back.'

To Be Continued…