Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Dragon ❯ Arte's thoughts ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. I kind of thought of this while pondering the second season of Digimon. I used the names of some characters I created for another fic I probably won't post. The prologue is a little thought provoking, especially for me.

_______________________________________________________________ _______________________

(Arte's pov)

It was kind of funny to be here. I mean, I am the legendary warrior of the void, so this was a pretty fitting end for me. Ever since I first appeared in the digital world as Mezeramon, yet another pawn in Cherubimon's control, I knew this would happen. Despite the fact that Koichi purified me as I was under Cherubimon's control, I was angry with him. Things were so much easier then, destroy this, destroy that, and deliver it to your power mad leader. Yet I always knew that Duskmon and I were different from the other evil warriors, and yet, I was still shocked when Duskmon turned out to be Koichi Kimura, a human… I didn't see battle as Mezeramon, as soon as I saw how weak Cherubimon really was, I left him. The others he left with never really knew of my existence until the Koichi tracked me down. I'd thought he'd forgotten about me when he became Lowemon, I guess that I was wrong. I guess he thought that I might still be a threat. He found me in the Flame Terminal, and he knew me well enough to know that I wouldn't harm him. That weird duck digimon followed him though, and kept asking me stupid questions. He found a paragraph on me in that book of his about how the original Mezeramon never participated in the final battle and laughed at me.

Stupid duck.

I know who I am though. After Cherubimon's defeat I remembered… My name was Arte` Jilocasin. I was from England and was small for my age, very small my hair was a bright silvery-blue and my eyes translucent blue eyes was always considered creepy. I always needed to be protected, even Duskmon protected me. After I had kicked that duck down the stairs, (A.N. I really hate Bukamon), I turned to Koichi and challenged him to a battle. I knew the outcome of course; he'd wanted to purify me. I guess he knew that I was a human as well, even if I didn't want to believe it.

That crazy guy with the goggles had asked me if I'd wanted to travel with them. I didn't answer. I just sat next to Koichi until we reached the next stop, then I left them to go out on my own, my mission was much different from theirs. There was a voice in the Rose Morning Star calling my name, and I was going to answer it. Once I reached there however a great light surrounded me, and now I am in a cold, dark void. There is some irony in this.