Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Heaven ❯ Mismatched Matchmaking ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







Digital Heaven--Part 2

I..DO..NOT..OWN...don'tmakethishardforme....DIGIMON!! WAHH!! I mean if I did, then I'd be rich, have the latest laptop, live in a big house and..oh nevermind...on with the story...^^() no songs either..

*************
Melissa helps the girls figure out some plans to get Izzy and Yolei back together...and well... they are THIS close..will Izzy and Yolei grab that chance to confess their true feelings??
*************


Chapter 2
Mismatched Matchmaking

"OK, so...??" said Mimi. "C'mon, gimme the plan I'm dying here!!!"
"Well, what I was thinking was that each of us take a turn," began Melissa. "So Sora can think of a plan, then Kari, then Mimi, and I'll go last. And if all our plans don't work, then we take drastic measures."
"What do you mean by 'drastic' measures?" said Kari.
"Oh, you'll see," said Melissa, grinning.
"Oh fine, let me be first," said Sora sarcastcially. "I'd probably get them even farther apart. But, I do have a plan. Here goes..."
*************
"This BETTER work," said Mimi. "This is five month's worth allowance!!"
"Five months?? Eight for me!!" screamed Kari.
"Oh really?? This is just my christmas money," shrugged Sora.
"My summer job paycheck from last year," Melissa said carelessly.
"WHAT?!!" yelled Mimi and Kari.
"Oh come on you two," said Sora. "It's for the good of Yolei and Izzy. Besides, you guys just HAD to make me come up with a plan."
"Let's just get this over with," grumbled Mimi.
*************
"Hi..um Yolei?" said Sora, who was on the phone with Yolei.
"Yeah?"
"OK, we need to talk to you. Meet us at, um...that restaurant on Main, ok?"
"The Paradise Restaurant?" said Yolei. "Are you sure? That's the most expensive restaurant in town!"
"Yes just meet us there at seven," said Sora.
"OK bye," said Yolei, hanging up. She shook her head. (*)Those girls think I don't know what they're doing...(*)
*************
"Yo Iz, meet us at the paradise restaurant, ok?" Mimi said, who had called Izzy.
"Mimi, that's the most expensive restaurant in town!" exclaimed Izzy. "What do you want me to do there?"
"Oh nothing, we just have to talk to you about something," said Mimi, using her most innocent voice.
"Mimi, I know that voice," said Izzy dryly. "It's your 'I'm up to something' voice. It's your 'innocent' voice. It's your--"
"WILL YOU QUIT ARGUING AND JUST GO ALREADY?!!!!" screamed Mimi.
Izzy nearly fell from his chair. "OK, OK, I'll go." and they hung up. He shook his head. (*)Those girls think I'm THAT dumb to not know what they're up to?? Sheesh. A guy could use more credit....(*)
*************
"OK Sora, remind me the plan again," said Kari.
"It's simple. They get together at the restaurant, all alone. And I got them the most romantic table which is why it cost so much and they just HAVE to admit their feelings for each other!!"
"It better work," said Kari. "I'm spending eight--"
"We know," said Melissa, tired of hearing complaints. "Eight months worth allowance!!"
"I don't get it," Kari shook her head. "Five hundred bucks for a so-called "romantic table", flowers, the best meal in the house, not to mention the most EXPENSIVE restuarant in town!!?? I mean, don't you think you're going a bit fast there, Sora?"
"Look on the bright side, Kari," said Sora. "When my plan fails, which, without a doubt, it WILL...eventaully, YOU, who seems to know SO much about this matchmaking stuff can show us the RIGHT way to do it."
"Yeah but...FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS..." said Kari, putting emphasis on the money.
"KARI!!!!!"
*************
That night...

"OK, it's seven," said Melissa. "Let's just hope they show up."
"Of course they'll show up..if they know what's good for them," Mimi said deviously.
*************

Two hours later...

"Great, just great," said Sora, waving her arms in exasperation. "Neither of them showed up."
"And we spent FIVE-HUNDRED-DOLLARS for this!!!" yelled Kari.
Everyone stared.
"Uh..bon appetit??" said Kari, blushing brightly.
"Kari, give it a rest with the money already!" said Melissa.
"So they think they're that smart, eh?" said Mimi, with another one of her devious looks. She turned to Kari, and then Melissa.
"Melissa, there's been a change of plan. Instead of Kari being next, Kari and I'll come up with a plan to get those two stubborn STUBBORN friends of ours to come clean," said Mimi, with fire burning in her eye.
"OK, OK," said Melissa, seeing the fire in her eye. "Just put out the fire.."
"Oh, yeah," said Mimi, blinking. "OK, Kari, let's get to work..."
*************

At Yolei's house...

(*)I wonder what happened at the restaurant,(*) Yolei thought, giggling silently. (*)But it's going to take more than that to make ME fall into one of their traps.(*)
She lay awake, unable to fall asleep. (*)But..they're right. I COULD use their help. I'm just..afraid to admit it..(*)
*************

At Izzy's house...

"Izzy, son, we need to talk to you," said Mr. Izumi.
"Yes, Dad?"
"Well...it's about your grades," said Mrs Izumi.
"Um..yeah?" said Izzy hesitantlly.
"Izzy, that's your third D," his father said. "We'd like to know if there's anything you'd like to say.."
"Not really," said Izzy flatly. "Look, I'm sorry about the bad grades, but I'll improve..I promise."
"OK.." his parents said hesitantly.
Izzy left the room.
"I think I know what's causing this," Mr Izumi told Mrs Izumi.
Mrs Izumi nodded back. "Girl?"
"Girl."
Izzy overheard his parents' conversation. He sighed in exasperation. (*)Most kids complain their parents don't understand them at all. Mine understand TOO much....(*)
*************
Izzy stepped into his room. He sighed, turning his laptop, but then, he just didn't do anything at all. (*)I need to talk to some one,(*) he thought, getting his phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey TK its Izzy," Izzy greeted his friend.
"Oh hi," TK said. "So have you decided yet? I heard you broke up with Melissa,"
"Yeah.." said Izzy slowly. "But I kinda just made a stupid excuse. I told her I wanted to be a girlfriendless guy just like practically all of the guys in school."
Silence.
"TK?"
"Izzy, that is the stupidest excuse for breaking up with someone I have ever heard."
"I know."
"So what's the real reason?"
"Well...I'm not sure. But lately I keep on thinking of Yolei. I look at my laptop screen, I see Yolei. And I keep on looking at my photo album and I see pictures of Yolei everywhere. And when I--"
"OK, I get the idea," TK said, cutting him off. "So what you're saying is you like Yolei."
"No I'm saying I...well I'm pretty sure I don't have feelings for Melissa anymore. It's about Yolei that's the problem.."
"Izzy, I-I can't tell you who you have and don't have feelings for. But here's a tip. Listen to your heart. Listen to your heart and you'll do the right thing," TK said.
"Thanks TK. Really. Thanks."
*************

At the restaurant....

"Well, at least someone had a good time," said Sora, watching Mimi and Kari eat.
"Those two. You'd think..ohh now I get it. Kari's been hanging out with her big brother too much and Mimi's been going out with Matt too much whose also been hanging out with Tai too much," said Melissa.
"Oh no!! You mean..I'm gonna be that way someday?? NOO!!" Sora joked.
"Hey!! Wejescohdporain!!" said Mimi, with food stuffed in her mouth.
"Huh?!"
Mimi swallowed. "We need food for our brains!!"
"Oh. Go ahead..eat," said Melissa. "It's like my friend used to say...'Eat candy til you get fat!'"
Mimi's and Kari's eyes glowed red.
"Or just eat to your heart's content!!" Melissa covered up quickly.
Mimi and Kari went back to their eating.
"I just hope that they eventually get their act together," Sora sighed.
"Mimi and Kari or Izzy and Yolei?" said Melissa sardonically watching the two girls eat.
Sora took one look at the girls, and then thought of her other friends.
"Both."
*************

The next day....

All over the school, there were little pink, red, purple and white posters filled with hearts. Valentine's Day Dance, each of them said. Valentine's day, after all, was this Friday.
Adjusting her backpack straps, Yolei sighed. She stopped walking to take note of the posters and fliers that were going around. A particularly large one caught her eye.
Valentine's Day Dance
This Friday--bring your sweetheart!!
And the usual, flowers, hearts, confetti, and all those romantic stuff.
Yolei began walking and sighed again. (*)I usually like Valentine's Day. But now--I hate it. I mean, at least before I wasn't all depressed cos of some guy..(*) She unlocked her locker.
"OK, there she is," said Kari.
"Um, Kari, Mimi..what exactly IS your plan?" Melissa asked.
"Well...we're not exactly sure yet," Mimi admitted. "But we want to go through with it BEFORE the dance. We're going to start planning ater school."
*************

After school....

"OK, what's the plan?" asked Melissa.
"Well, obviously, we have to get them alone," said Kari, pacing back and forth.
"In a romantic spot..but cheap," said Mimi, emptying her pockets to show what she meant.
"We-ell...uh.. the stars are nice.." Sora suggested. "Sorry you guys, but I'm not real big on the romantic stuff.."
"Uh huh yeah," Mimi and Kari ignored her. "
"I've got it!!" yelled Mimi.
"What?"
"We can get them alone together under the stars...that'd be SO romantic!!" Mimi squealed.
"But that's--" began Sora.
"Oh, no need for thanks," said Mimi.
"But Mimi, wait," said Kari. "The best view of the stars is on Squaretown Hill!!"
"Anyone ever wonder why they named it 'Squaretown'?" said Melissa.
"No time for that," said Mimi.
"Now how on earth do we get them ON the hill??"
"Yeah..they've shown how smart they are by not showing up at the restuarant," Sora pointed out.
"Just leave it to me," said Kari, grinning slyly.
*************
"Please TK, you HAVE to help!!" Kari begged her boyfriend.
"HAVE?" TK raised his eyebrows.
"Please??" said Kari with puppydog eyes.
"Oh no please Kari..not the eyes.." TK tried to look away from his sometimes TOO cute girlfriend.
"It's just a little itty bitty favor," Kari reasoned sweetly. "All you have to do is get him on the top of Squaretown Hill and we'll do the rest.."
"And how do you suggest I get him up there?" said TK.
"Um...hang on...ooh I got it! Tell him there's a digidestined picnic at the hill. Tell him to meet us there at eight and we'll tell Yolei to meet us at eight and we don't show up at all!!" Kari said brightly.
"Uh..Kari..there is so much wrong with that plan that I don't know where to begin," TK said.
"Oh yeah like what?"
"A picnic at eight o'clock at night??!!" TK shouted.
"OK..um...well I don't know!! But it has to be under the stars..the stars are SO romantic..uh.. the restaurant thingy didn't work and we spent five hundred bucks....what about we tell them we've spotted Digimon around just like with Arukennimon and Mummymon at the hill and we need to check it out at night?"
"Kari..you are really desperate, aren't you?" TK said sarcastically.
"If you have a better idea I'd LOVE to hear it just about now," Kari said, annoyed.
"OK OK, I'll do it," said TK. "But, do you think Izzy and Yolei'd believe that? I mean.."
"Don't worry. I'll get Davis to dress up as Mummymon and Sora as Arukennimon."
"Do you think that'll work? Mummymon DOES have a crush on Arukennimon and Davis does NOT have a crush on Sora."
"What, you want ME to dress up as Arukennimon?"
"Nevermind. Fine, tomorrow at eight, right?"
"Yup," said Kari. "Oh yeah and you, me, Melissa and Mimi are gonna spy. Sora and Davis will show up at the hill, take one look at the two, and scram."
"Whatever you say, Kari," said TK.
"Thanks!" Kari gave TK a little kiss. "This plan just HAS to work."
"I hope so.."
*************

The next day after school....

"No," Sora said stubbornly, crossing her arms. "I said no and that's FINAL!"
"If you want me to, Kari, I'll dress up as both Mummymon AND Arukennimon," Davis said with stars in his eyes.
"NO!!" yelled Kari. She turned back to Sora. "PLEASE Sora, its for the good of Izzy and Yolei..."
"NO!!" It was Sora's turn to yell.
"Then what do you suggest I do?!" shouted Kari.
"Well, you get Yolei to the hill, and TK gets Izzy up there. But you blindfold them and tell them its a surprise. And then you take off the blindfolds, tell them to keep their eyes closed and then you and TK run off. Oh yeah and make sure you guys do it individually," said Sora.
"Sora..why didn't YOU come up with that plan??" said Kari.
"Well..I'm not sure..but I usually get my best ideas when I'm helping someone else," said Sora.
"Right.." said Kari. "OK..."

*************

That night....

DING-DONG!!
"I'll get it!" Yolei shouted from inside. She opened the front door. "Kari! What are you doing here?"
"I have a surprise for you," said Kari. "C'mon!"
"Um, Kari, I'm not sure about this," Yolei said uncertainly.
"Oh come on!!" Kari dragged her friend out the door.
"Oh alright," Yolei said. "Mom!! I'm going out for awhile!"
"OK, dear!" her mother called back.
*************

DING-DONG!

Mrs Izumi opened the door.
"Oh hello there TK," she greeted him warmly.
"Hi Mrs Izumi," TK replied. "Is Izzy home?"
"Yes..somewhere.." said Mrs Izumi, looking around. "I think he's in his room. Hold on, I'll go get him."
She knocked on Izzy's door. "Izzy, honey, TK's here to see you!"
"Coming, Mom!" came the reply.
"Would you like to come in, TK?" Izzy's mother asked.
"No thanks. I'll just wait for Iz--" began TK but Izzy was already out.
"OK, well, I'll leave you two alone now," said Mrs Izumi, going into the kitchen.
"Okay, TK, what're you doing here?" Izzy asked suspiciously. He looked out the door.
"Nothing..I just have a little surprise for you," said TK, grinning mysteriously. "Come on, I'll take you there."
"TK, I don't--"
"Oh come ON Izzy!!" TK tried to pull his friend out the door.
"Oh fine," Izzy reluctantly agreed.
"Put this on," TK ordered, giving him a blindfold.
"Um, TK, I don't know if you've noticed..but this is pink..HOT pink," Izzy said.
"Yeah so..oh oops wrong one," TK said, snatching the pink blindfold back. "Here." He handed him a blue one..with bones.
"T..K..." Izzy said slowly.
"What! It's better than the pink one isn't it???"
************

Kari and Yolei were halfway to the hill.
"Kari, where are you taking me?" Yolei said.
"Oh you'll see," said Kari with a mysterious edge in her voice. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot," she dug in her pocket. "Oh where is it where is it.." she muttered. "Oh there it is!" She gave her a purple blindfold.
"Blindfolds?" said Yolei.
"Yeah," said Kari. "Put it on."
"Kari, I'm starting to regret this.." said Yolei as she unwillingly put the blindfold on.
"Don't worry, you'll be fine!!" said Kari, pushing her friend up the hill.
"OK.."
*************

"TK..I'm starting to regret ever agreeing to go on this little 'surprise' of yours," said Izzy dryly.
"Stop worrying," said TK.
They were halfway up the hill. "OK, Iz, when we get to the top, take off your blindfold, but keep your eyes closed," said TK.
"O-K," said Izzy uncertainly.
*************

Kari and Yolei were also halfway up the hill. "Yolei, when we get to the top, keep your eyes closed, but take off your blindfold."
"If you say so," said Yolei, confused.
*************

They finally reached the top of the hill. Kari and TK glanced at each other, nodded, and ran.
"Kari?" Yolei said.
"TK?" said Izzy.
"Izzy?"
"Yolei?"
The two instantly snapped off their blindfolds.
"I think I know what's going on," said Izzy.
"I KNOW whats going on," Yolei said, shaking her head. "Those two."
"If I'm not mistaken, I bet the others are onto this too," said Izzy, shaking his head too.
Yolei sat down on the cool, slightly wet grass. "C'mon," she said, patting the spot next to her. "The grass isn't that wet."
Izzy sat down next to her, blushing a thin shade of red.
"You have to admit, they ARE getting pretty good," Yolei said. "Better than that restaurant idea."
"Lemme guess.. they said they needed to talk to you about something," said Izzy.
"Yup," Yolei smiled. "They told you that too?"
"Yeah," Izzy sighed. "For once can't they just leave us alone??"
"I know," said Yolei. "I mean, there was that time we set TK and Kari up..this is probably their way of getting back at us."
"The neverending circle of matchmaking," Izzy remarked. Yolei laughed.
"Oops," she dropped a piece of paper. She reached out for it at the exact same time Izzy did. Their hands brushed slightly. Their faces were as red as chili peppers. They looked up...
Their eyes met and their gazes locked.
(*)Those eyes..those wonderful black eyes....(*) thought Yolei, wishing the moment would never end. (*)I'm getting a funny feeling...(*)
(*)Those beautiful red eyes...I love those eyes..(*) Izzy thought, also wishing the moment would last forever. (*)I'm getting a strange sensation..(*)


I get a high whenever you're around

Sweeping from my head to my toes

I gotta get my feet back on the ground


Cuz you make me go out of my way

Crossing the line

Making my say what I have in mind


You make me so excited

And I don't wanna fight it

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush

Ain't nothing better baby

Is it for real or maybe?

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush


I got a sweet and fine taste for you

It might be too obvious but

I can't help myself from what I do


Cuz you make me go out of my way

Crossing the line

Making me say what I have in mind


You make me so excited

And I don't wanna fight it

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush

Ain't nothing better baby

Is it for real or maybe?

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush


Baby you're my Sugar Rush

I get weak and talk too much

You're the sweetest thing I ever tasted

Baby you're my Sugar Rush

I get weak and talk too much

You are my sugar rush


Cuz you make me go out of my way

Crossin the line

Making me say what I have in mind


You make me so excited

And I don't wanna fight it

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush

Ain't nothing better baby

Is it for real or maybe?

I start to blush

You are my Sugar Rush


Baby you're my Sugar Rush

I get weak and talk too much

You're the sweetest thing I ever tasted

Baby you're my Sugar Rush

I get weak and talk too much

You are my sugar rush


It was like time had frozen still, and the two gazed into each others' eyes. And then, by instinct, their lips grew closer..and closer..and closer....their lips touched lightly..and then......
"Ah-choo!!" the sneeze came from a suspiciously fake-looking bush over by the corner.
Izzy quickly broke the trance. "Oh um..here you go," He gave her the paper, blushing a bright shade of red.
"Uh..thanks," Yolei took the paper.
They were silent for awhile until Yolei broke the silence.
"Um..I gotta get home," she said, standing up.
"Oh yeah..me too," Izzy stood up as well.
They walked down the little hill.
"Well..I guess I'll be seein ya," said Yolei awkwardly.
"Yeah...see ya," said Izzy, and they both went their seperate ways.
*************

"*amn it!!" said Kari. "This plan was foolproof!!"
"Whoa Kari, it's ok," said TK, surprised that his girlfriend swore.
"Oh yeah.." Kari said. She turned to Melissa. "Well, it's your turn. Do you think YOUR plan'll work?"
"It better," said Melissa determinedly. "Here's the plan..."



*************

A/N~ OK, we'll thats the end of Digital Heaven Chapter II. Wow..I never expected to make my chapter this long.. oh yeah and I know I know, the song didn't exactly go with it but..hey!! Gimme a break. It sorta did..^^() Well anywayz, look out for Chapter 3 I'll get it out ASAP! ~_^