Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ East To West ❯ Giga House ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tommy opened his eyes slowly. A white light was all he could see. As his vision cleared he realized he was laying on a bed inside of a oddly decorated house. Through a window he realized he saw water and fishes.

(A houe underwater?!)

He bolted straight up to find his friends laying beside him on beds. He also saw a huge machine in the corner with small gold tags under glass cases. Tommy felt afraid and shivered.

"GUYS WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPP!"

"Gyaaaaaaaah!" Chuckie jumped straight up and fell out of bed. That in turn woke all the girls, and Phil. Phil rubbed ihs eyes sleepily.

"Woah...were are we?"

"Does it look any of us know?!" Susie screamed, she looked over at Dil who was the only one not screaming his head off. He'd walked calmly over ot the machine and camly began tinkering around.

"Oops, there goes your brother Pickles." Angelica said nonchantly. Tommy slid off of the bed only to find his legs wobbly. He buckled and fell to to the floor in a heap.

"I wouldn't do that, bearer of spirit."

"Whoever you are, show yourself!" Kimi challenged.

The kids of thier reply a second later. Gennai stepped out from the shadows, arms folded behind his back. He smiled, obviously pleased.

"Welcome digidestined. I am Gennai,I welcome you, my American friends to my home- Giga House."

Three hours later, the eight children were seated on chushions in a Japanese style sitting room. Gennai had explained about the digital world, and Tai and the other's capture.

"So...there are eight other kids from Japan that are also digidestined? Like us?" Tommy asked.

"Correct. They were taken by thier longtime foes the Dark Masters."

"W- with names like that they gotta be strong!" Chuckie mumbled.

"Obviously they couldn't cut it." Angelica snipped.

"Angelica!" Lil growled "they've been here longer than we have!"

"What must we do?" Dil asked, surprisingly serious.

"Recuse them." Gennai said.

"WHAT?!"

Each child gaped at the old man in shock. Gennai walked over and came back with a tray of tags and crests.

"You can do it. Here are your tags and crests. They represent a inner trait you have and will allow your digimon partner to

digivolve."

"Digivolve?" Phil asked.

"Your digimon partner advancing to the next level; there's in-training, rookie, champion, ultimate, and mega level digimon."

"I'm amusing these 'dark masters' are mega level digimon." Tommy concluded darkly.

"Yes. The strongest thus far."

"We're doomed!" Chuckie moaned. Susie smoothed the wrinkles in her shirt before making eye contact with Gennai.

"What types of digimon will we get?"

"Rookie level. You'll have to make them digivolve on your own."

"Great...." Angelica muttered sarcastically. Dil pumped his fist in the air "Cool! Finally a real adventure."

"I'd almost prefer the kind we had when we were babies." Lil whispered.

"If we fail...other kids lives are on the line..." Tommy said. Gennai brushed the comments aside.

"Tut, tut. You won't fail. Here."

He placed each crest around the respective child's neck

Tommy

(white)

Crest- Spirit

Angelica

Crest- Honesty

Phil

Crest- Truth

Susie

Crest- Respect

Lil

Crest- Life

Dylan

Crest- Preserverance

Chuckie

Crest- Strength

Kimi

Crest- Honor

"These represent traits that live in you." Gennai finished as he placed Kimi's crest around her neck.

"I think honor does suit me." Kimi said proudly. Her crest looked like a white snowflake. She fingered the tag gently.

"What about our digimon, Gennai?" Dil begged. He was getting tottally excited for the mission ahead.

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

Eight digimon's, all rookie level ran out.

Tommy's digimon was Kumamon

Phil's digimon was Monmon

Susie's digimon was Lopmon

Kimi's digimon was Kotemon

Angelica's digimon was Floramon

Chuckie's digimon was Gulimon

Dil's digimon was Impmon

Lil's digimon was Renamon

"Its a pleasure to meets you's guys." Impmon said shaking Dil's hand ethusiastically "I"m your digimon Impmon."

"I'm really liking this!" Dil exclaimed.

Angelica looked over Floramon skeptically "I'm stuck with a weed for a digimon?" she glanced up and down at the plant digimon with cold glare. Floramon patted her shoulder with a leafy hand.

"Kotemon. I'm honored." Kimi bowed respectfully to her partner.

"A- are you gonna eat me?" Chuckie pushed up his glasses and looked at Gulimon. The red dragon digimon sniffed him and laughed.

"Nope! I'm your pal for life! Got an peanut butter?"

Lil was checking out Renamon. Of all the digimon, she was most impressed. Renamon seemed so angile and revered. She touched her soft fur.

Are you pleased, Lady Lilian? the fox digimon asked through her mind.

"y- you can talk through my mind?" Lil whispered.

Indeed. Do you wish I not?

"No- no...its okay..."

"Guys, my digimon has a weapon! Cool!" Phil picked up Monmon and pulled his topknot. Monmon growled.

"Sheesh, I'm your partner, not a stuffed toy!"

"Oops. Heh...sorry..." he put him back down and poked him in the stomach cutely. Monmon blinked- they were a odd pairing to be sure.

"I think I got the cutest one!" Susie scooped up Lopmon, she was enthralled by her darker color and cute floppy ears. She couldn't help but touch them. Lopmon smiled.

"T- that giggles Susie. Hee hee!"

Tommy was the last one. He looked at Kumamon. The bear type digimon had a cool blue cap and matching belt. He swaggered over and offered a paw.

"De-lighted to meet ya! Kumamon at yer service!"

Tommy shook his paw firmly. "I'm Tommy Pickles. Pleased ta meet ya...K-K--"

"Kumamon. We're friends for life!" the digimon continued. Tommy only shook his hand harder.

Gennai watched the reunion and smiled. However they could not delay a moment longer than they had too.

"New digidestined. Its time."

The new group of eight turned to face Gennai.

"What did I tell you?" the old man asked. Kimi spoke up, and held up her digivice.

"These are our digivices."

"They help our digimon partners digivolve." Tommy added.

"Digimon come in different stages; in-training, rookie, champion, ultimate and mega." Lil stated.

"Our crests invoke digivolution- mine's the coolest!" Dil ranted.

"Our crests respond to traits inside of us; like honor." Kimi said.

"Tch. Make a mistake or force a digivolution upon your digimon and its dark digivolution and adios amigos!" Angelica said coolly.

"Our mission as digidestined is to free the others, stop the dark masters and save the digital world." Susie said.

"Kick uber digi butt!" Dil said, nearly about to pee his pants with excitement.

"I think you all undestand the basics." Gennai affrimed approvingly "Tommy, you're the leader."

"Okay, Gennai." Angelica scowled. Why did her annoying goody two shoes cousin always get to be leader?

"Any objections?" Gennai asked

"Nope!" the cry was unamous (minus Angelica)

"Tommy was the leader ever since...well.. I can remember." Chuckie said.

"But you have the crest of strentgh." Gulimon said "remember, all of you are strong."

(I should have got the crest of cowardness...how...how do I got strength...)

Gennai clapped his hands and a circle of light grew brighter and brighter around each digidestined and partner. Tommy and the others lifed off the ground before reappearing on File Island.

"I guess this is it...." Lil said, looking at Renamon.

"that is correct. Shall we begin, Tommy?" the fox digimon asked.

(Hmmm...where do we even begin to find them? I"m sure that Dark Master MetalSeadramon or Piedmon as Gennai was kind enough to explain won't be letting us alone...)

Tommy scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"any ideas Tommy?" Kumamon asked.

"Not a one...not yet."

"I should have been leader!" Angelica fumed "You'll get us all killed!"

"Like you know any more than Tommy does!" Phil shot out.

"Watch it, snotty!"

Phil grabbed Angelica's collar and vice versa. Kimi whistled.

"this isn't helping us or Tommy out. I think we should cross the desert till we get to Infinity Mountain."

"How do you know about that?" Dil asked.

"I did some research beforehand."

"Brainiac..." Angelica muttered.

"I...I think we should follow what Kimi says." Floramon said brightly. Kotemon spun its kendo staff and looked towards the sky.

"S- something's coming!"

"Oh no! Oh no!" Chuckie began to panick. The digimon stood at the ready.

"Guys, get behind us!" Monmon advised.

"Its coming closer! Everyone, prepare yourselves!" Lopmon said bravely. Susise felt her digivice hum, only intensifying thier bond.

(I'm scared...I can't do this! Kumamon!) Tommy thought worriedly.

A giant metal monkey fell from the sky. Pulling a huge set of speakers by two Monochromon.

"Whhhhhhhhhhhhhy Heeeeeeeeeeeeelo Digidestined!" the really bad Elvis impersonating digimon sqwaked.

"Ugh! Please tell me he's kidding!" Kimi clamped her hands over her ears and saw her friends doing the same. Gulimon's tail and nose twitched.

"Guys, this is MetalEtemon! He's a mega level digimon! His attacks, banana peel and iron fist (I think) can't be taken lightly!"

The humans looked at thier firt digimon encounter. Tommy's hand slapped onto his digivice.

"Okay you guys, its time!"

"Get ready!" Phil and Lil said in unsion.

"OH boy!" Chuckie whimpered.

"Now this won't do at all! Attack!"

MetalEtemon lunged right for them!!

A/N: Tommy and Co face MetalEtemon on thier first try out! What about the other digidestined? Are the Dark Masters looking in on our new heroes progress as well?

Find out next chapter!!!