Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Gate of Destiny ❯ No Longer Blackened Heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm back! OK, here's chapter 3. MORE ANGST! FLASHBACKS HERE TOO! BTW, for more angst, read both Forever Virus fics! (Not Myotismon angst, it's Wizardmon angst, which I also like writing!) OK, this will DEFINITELY have Wizzy in it, but not until near the end. Sorry this took so long, there was the trip and then there was MARCHING BAND DRILL WEEK! (Oh and if you're wondering I'm a flutist! And the song/movements/ensemble thingy we're playing is called "Medusa." One of the movements is called… "Athena's Rage!" Which is what I feel when I can't get anything played right… :P) My fingers hurt because I practiced SO much lately… my lips do too… and I have a painful sunburn… but that won't stop me from talking or writing fics! Well, maybe talking! But not stopping writing, and DEFINITELY not stopping mastering the art of annoying cliffhangers! Here's chapter 3.

Chapter 3

No Longer Blackened Heart

A month had passed sice Myotismon had entered the Dark Ocean. He had not only gone through some emotional changes and changes of heart, but a drastic physical change as well. A very obvious change, the one one would probably notice first, was his build. He had gone from lanky yet well-muscled to skinny and gaunt. His muscles had almost completely withered away from a lack of food and energy. His face, though still handsome, was not as handsome as it was before he entered since the color had been drained away and his cheeks sunk in. His hair had grown out and became filthy and scraggly, but Myo didn't care. His back was covered with whip marks that became pinkish-white scars over time. Still, the biggest difference of all, though not the most obvious, was Myotismon's blue eyes. Instead of ice blue eyes that could send shivers down one's spine in an instant, they were much like Gatomon's. Blue pools of hope.

A month ago, Myotismon never believed in dreams. In the Dark Ocean, nightly, he did have dreams full of hope, redemption, and forgiveness. A month ago, he pushed everyone around. But now he was willing to work for Daemon to pay the price for what he had done. He had changed.

Every day was a nightmare. Every night was short and full of hopeful dreams that he would change completely and be forgiven.

At the beginning of each day, which seemed to be the same no matter what, Myotismon was kicked awake. Instead of being in his casket in his castle in the digital world, where he was used to being, he was in a prison cell in Daemon's castle, much like the way his slaves lived in his castle. He remembered the cells being smaller in his castle. A lot smaller. He even stuffed more than one in each. Everything seemed to reflect on the way he treated his own servants.

"Wake up!" shouted a deep voice. "We have a lot of work to do today!" Then the poor ultimate digimon was kicked in the side and nearly got the wind knocked out of him.

"I'm… I'm awake," said Myotismon, turning over and seeing that Devimon was kicking him awake. His own brother… turning against him.

Maybe he had turned against his own brother first. He had never liked Devimon, probably because the devil digimon was a true devil, unlike him. Myotismon was only a vampire. Devimon always seemed to accomplish more. He had taken over Infinity Mountain and was actually in the process of taking over File Island. Back then, he wanted to take over more. Back when he was Demidevimon, Devimon made a bargain with him. If Myo worked for him, then he would get a small bit of the credit after Devimon took over.

"Never," said the black Demidevimon. "I want everything for myself!"

Himself. He was so self-centered. One of the things Myotismon loved the most was himself. Even as a rookie and a champion he loved himself, and that never changed. Myotismon was incredibly handsome, and the bad part about it was that he knew it. He had spent many an hour making himself presentable, despite staying in his castle most of the day. Not a strand of hair was out of place, except for the three strands that fell in his face no matter how many times he combed them back. And even in those stray strands of hair, it was all in place. Dressing in a neatly pressed suit… making sure that the metal on his boots were shiny enough… he knew appearance was 50% of the right requirement for ruling Digiworld, and Earth.

The worst part was the scar that he was given when he was still Devidramon. Every night when he was Devidramon, Myotismon wished he had something to hide the past. If his servants knew he had been pushed around by another digimon, they wouldn't want to work for him. That was why he wore the mask he donned every day. It really fooled the servants. The mask looked just right, and it seemed to give him some mystique, and no one knew what was underneath it.

But everything changed when he worked for Daemon. Appearance didn't seem to matter anymore. His hair definitely showed it. And covering up the past didn't seem to matter, either. Myotismon constantly went without his mask. No one seemed to care about the scar that spanned between his eyes; they all thought Daemon had given it to him or were too busy working to notice.

Throughout the day, everything the demon digimon did seemed to mock him in every way. His torture methods; his stone-heartedness; his seductive nature. He was whipped countless times if he didn't do a back breaking job well enough. It seemed for every time Myotismon had whipped his henchmen, he was whipped by Daemon and the crew.

At first, Myo was rebellious and determined to make them stop. "I've had enough!" he shouted, trying to grab the lightning out of Icedevimon's hand. It wrapped around his wrist and he pulled Icedevimon onto the floor.

"Haven't you been taught anything, slave?" Daemon asked, pulling out his own version of the lightning. He cracked the whip and whipped the vampire across the back with it. "If you can't pull your weight for me, then you must pay the price!" He whipped again, and a third time, with each lash more powerful and painful than the last.

It will be over soon, thought Myotismon. He knew that for nearly every time he whipped his henchmen, he was whipped by the demon digimon. And to make matters worse, it was HIS Crimson Lightning, the very whip he used to torture his own slaves. Every time the whip lashed his skin open and made a new river of blood flow down his already-scarred back, and maybe open a wound, the vampire got a mouthful of his own bitter medicine.

And later, as time went by, Myotismon knew he deserved every single whipping he got. It was as if he was actually choosing to repay the debt. If he hadn't tortured and even killed his henchmen and myriad other digimon… he brought this upon himself. He didn't even want to get revenge on Angemon. If he wasn't sent through the Gate of Destiny, the vampire would still be his evil self, trying to plot a takeover of the digital and real worlds and become king of the dark worlds.

Myotismon rarely ate anymore, which made him so much thinner than he was before. Blood was his sustenance, as it had always been in his ultimate form. Blood had lost its appeal. How normal foods, like the fruit and fish he had eaten as Devidramon, were more appealing. Still, every morning and evening, Ladydevimon bent her head down and exposed her neck. Then she grabbed Myotismon around the head and opened his mouth so wide it hurt. She sunk her sharp talon-like fingernails into his face and thrusted his head into her neck, so the fangs sunk in.

"Oh, that feels good!" she shouted, ascending into her own world of pleasure. "Oh, oh… oh… ah…" Ladydevimon moaned as she grew lightheaded. She wrapped her arms around Myotismon's waist, drawing him closer to her.

But Myo had felt differently about all this. As he sunk his fangs into the gray flesh, he moaned in agony as all the memories he had of mesmerizing women in the park flashed in front of his face. They had fallen in love with him, and did he know? Did he ever have a soft spot for the women? Or the little girl who had been mauled to death from the bats?

He remembered the mauled girl the most. Still, all the memories of all the women who had died because of him were flooding back by the minute as LadyDevimon's blood gushed out of the wounds and poured down his throat. It tasted rotten and spoiled, much like sewer water. Even the piece of stale bread and water given to the other henchmen seemed appealing. That seemed to be all Myotismon had given his henchmen. Some days he let them go hungry. It wasn't his job to feed them, but he ordered one of his Bakemon to feed them whenever he felt like it. He moaned as the bitter fluid gushed down his throat. Then he coughed and sputtered.

"What's the matter?" asked LadyDevimon. "Didn't you enjoy your meal? It was prepared special for you!" She laughed. "I guess I'm not good enough for you!" Then the demon lady left the cell.

Every night was also the same. Starving and aching from yet another torturous day, Myotismon laid back on the hard stone floor, with cold air from the wind that blew over the Dark Ocean blowing onto him. It did not help that the only thing he was wearing was his pants and a belt, and maybe his torn top on cold days. He could never sleep. It was from the pain in his heart. Every night was a different reflection on his life.

The biggest reflection was the night his bats had killed the innocent child. He still remembered the little girl… the way she was crying on the ground, it hurting to move… no longer a girl, but a misshapen human covered with blood, with most of her skin chewed away… holding out her arms and crying out for someone to help her and in pain… and he only watched as it happened.

Afterwards, after Myotismon returned to his headquarters, he relished the scene. "How I love seeing those little human bastards die and scream for their lives while they're at it…" he mused. "It is so delicious… too bad there are so many more like her out there. So many more little brats who try to beat me up with a flimsy little stick. PHANTOMON!"

Phantomon, one of his most trusted advisers, entered the room. "Yes, Lord Myotismon?" he asked in his wavery voice. He had been taught to add "Lord" to the name because anyone who didn't address him correctly would be punished. He was either used to it, or acted out of fear.

"We must defeat the children," growled the vampire. "Not only the digi-destined, but all the little humans… pesky little brats who only think of themselves and think they can just push anyone around. I wish for you to kill every child who tries to stand up to me!"

"B-b-but Lord Myotismon," stammered Phantomon, "I do not wish to sound like I disapprove of your idea, but do you not think this is going a little far?"

"SILENCE, SLAVE!" boomed Myotismon, scaring Phantomon and forcing him to hover back a few feet. He started to pace back and forth on the floor. "You can never go too far when you become king of all the worlds. What are little human lives worth, anyway? No lower than that of a slave's. When they start to rebel or lose their usefulness, you must dispose of them in the right way. Now you must come with me to their convention center. Every time you see a child standing up to me in any way, I wish for you to kill them right away! If you fail, you surely will be punished. I have yet another task for you. Every time you see a child, I want you to take him or her to the convention center."

"Y-y-yes, master," said Phantomon, bowing respectfully and leaving the study.

The vampire sat back in his throne with a glass of wine. He decided to call in another one of his henchmen. That was the night he planned to take care of the children by capturing them and their families in the convention center. "GATOMON!" he shouted.

The cat digimon walked into the room, surely without impunity. She refused to make eye contact with her master for fear of him giving her a severe whipping across the back. "Yes, master?" she asked weakly.

"I have plans for tomorrow," said Myotismon, glaring at that cat. "I wish for you to fulfill them. There will be a bunch of little human children waiting for you. You will tell me if he is the eighth digi-destined child." He set down the wine glass and walked over to Gatomon on the floor, towering over her at his full seven feet in height. His shadow loomed over her. "You had better be truthful, slave. If you are not truthful, there are consequences. I have been more benevolent towards you than I should have been. You have blundered so many times during your assignments, as Demidevimon has. If you do not tell the truth, you will surely be punished. By torture methods from your nightmares; by being punished without food or drink; by death. I have not decided which one yet, but you will face one of these if you do not obey my orders and tell me who the eighth digi-destined brat is."

Gatomon, feeling intimidated, started to quiver. She still refused to make eye contact but still felt tempted to do so. "Y-y-yes, M-m-master M-M-Myotismon," she said. "I-I-I w-w-will do my b-best."

"You are dismissed," said Myotismon, heading back to his throne.

Gatomon quickly ran out of the study. Needless to say, it was out of pure fear.

The next day, the Bakemon had broken into many an apartment and captured hundreds of people. Then they forced them into the main room of the convention center. So many people were confused, and others were embarrassed for they were still in their pajamas and some people were in their underwear. The children were crying out of fear of the ghosts that came out of their nightmares, and crying even harder when they were separated from their parents.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" shouted one of the children, screaming and flailing himself around. He tried to bite the Bakemon's arm, but it wouldn't work because it had no feeling.

"You are coming with me," said a Bakemon as his brother pried his parents away from him.

The child began crying even harder. His face was red. Then he was thrown into another place in the room with other scared children. There were about seventy-five in all in the first hour of captivity. All of them were crying out of fear from being separated from their parents and a barricade of scary ghosts surrounding them to ensure that they wouldn't escape. Most of them were four to eight years old, but there were a few older children in the bunch. They were trying to comfort their younger siblings.

Suddenly, a silence filled the room as a lot of bats made a hole in the wall. The children all turned their heads as the bats revealed Myotismon standing in front of everyone. The hush in the room was almost deadly. It was as if everyone knew he was in charge already. He was holding Gatomon by the scruff of her neck, and Phantomon was flying by his side.

"Phantomon? Line them up," said Myotismon.

The phantom digimon guided the children into a line. They were too afraid to do anything. They feared death, and to them, Phantomon symbolized death, with the scythe and the glowing red eyes. But that was nothing compared to the vampire that they were about to face.

"Bring on the first child," said Myotismon. He squeezed Gatomon's neck even harder and growled, "Do not lie; I see right through your lies."

The first child was pale and shaking from fright, with brown hair and green eyes. He looked like he was about six years old.

"Gatomon, is this the one?" the vampire continued. "Tell me if he is the one!"

"No," replied Gatomon truthfully. "He is not the eighth child."

Then Myotismon bent down to the child's eye level. "You just got lucky, child. If you had been the eighth child I would have killed you. Now leave me before I do!"

The brown-haired boy began to cry. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" It was purely out of fear.

"Hey, leave my brother alone!" cried a girl who looked about nine years old, breaking the silence. She looked like the boy's sister. She ran up to Myotismon and hugged her brother protectively. "You will be sorry!"

Once again, the vampire stood up to his full seven feet in height and stood over the girl. "You are a very brave little girl," he said, his voice dripping with sugar. "Surely you do not know whom you are dealing with."

"You don't scare me!" shouted the girl. Then she kicked Myotismon in the shins and started to run off.

"After her!" shouted Myotismon, more furious at the fact that the girl would dare to stand up to his authority than her kicking him.

Two Bakemon grabbed her by the arms and made her fly back over to where she was. Phantomon flew in front of her face, wielding his scythe threateningly.

"You will be pusnished for disobeying my authority," said the vampire. "Phantomon, you will kill her."

"But Master Myotismon, that is highly unorthodox," said the phantom digimon. "All she did was try to protect her brother-"

"Slave, I am the one in charge! And when I am in charge, not one being will dare disobey me!" He took the scythe and pointed it at the girl. He could hear her heart pounding fast as her entire life flashed before her eyes. "No one gets away and lives after disobeying Master Myotismon!" Then he swung the sword around and stuck it through the girl's chest. He pulled it back out and handed it back to Phantomon. Blood stained the blade.

The Bakemon dropped the girl onto the ground. There was a huge rip in her clothes, with the cloth getting stained red. The girl gasped to breathe and reached out. "I- I- I didn't-" Suddenly a huge river of blood flowed onto the floor, and the girl took her last breath. Her arms fell to the ground and landed in the puddle of blood on the floor.

"KIRA!" shouted the boy, running over to his sister and hugging her lifeless body. Blood stained his hands and the front of his clothes. He started to cry extremely hard, with tears streaming down his red cheeks.

"Get out of my face," said the vampire through clenched teeth. "Or would you like to join your sister on the floor as a lifeless corpse?"

The boy got up and ran away out of fear. He was still crying.

"Now you know what happens when you stand up to me," said Myotismon to the petrified children. Some were on the verge of crying. "Let that be a lesson to the rest of you little brats. Bring me the next child!"

It wasn't the first child he had killed, either. Myotismon remembered killing at least five children who dared stand up to him, or run away, or simply existed. At first, the reflections he had over the nights were merely thoughts of whipping Gatomon and punishing Demidevimon for messing up on his tasks and Wizardmon for his existence.

It was Wizardmon he remembered most. Sending his bats after him… using him as a punching bag whenever he was in a foul mood or when he had excess energy… throwing him in the lake. And he actually ENJOYED doing this to him? The poor wizard was innocent, tricked into working for him for repaying the debt inflicted on him for being given a potion that made him digivolve, then finding out it did more than make him digivolve, but dark digivolve. Myo got a nasty surprise waiting for him when Gatomon was sent out to find new recruits but brought back Wizardmon after he was sent into exile. He was disgusted, but only kept the wizard around purely for making him into his punching bag. He was then surprised his henchmen still worked for him. It was mostly out of fear rather than their own free will.

The reflections grew more intense after time, and more vivid. It was mostly killing his own henchmen when their usefulness wore out… or for the most irrevelant things possible. And they seemed to tie in with his life in some way, or something terrible that happened to him. Really, he was trying to keep himself happy by seeing that others suffered like he had as a young digimon.

"BLACKGATOMON!" shouted Myotismon, incredibly seething mad. He was sitting in his throne, clenching the side. His face was turning red from anger.

The dark version of Gatomon walked innocently into the room, and bowed. She was attempting to look brave, but she was afraid she would be punished. "Yes, Master Myotismon?" she asked.

"BlackGatomon, what is the meaning of this?" he asked. "Why did you bring Demidevimon into the castle when he was being punished for his failing to fulfill my plan?"

The dark cat edged away. "B-b-but he was cold, and would have died in that terrible storm outside!"

"One less henchman to worry about," said Myotismon. "You never learn that to be a good part of my army and to STAY ALIVE, you will mind no one's business but your own and make sure no suffering eats away at your heart. To be a perfect leader, you should not be sensitive. I will not tolerate pity for others who truly do not deserve it."

"You don't get it, do you!" shouted BlackGatomon. "I used to look up to you. You seemed so handsome and powerful… I thought after I digivolved we would live in the castle together and get married and all that. But now I don't want you in my sight anymore. Your soul is hideous, and you have a heart of ice, if any. You are an insensitive jerk! I quit!"

Myotismon took out a bolt of Crimson Lightning. "You can't quit!" he shouted, whipping her with his Crimson Lightning. "You are fired!"

BlackGatomon cried out in pain as a river of blood flowed down her back. "Let me go! Don't kill me!" she pleaded.

Still the vampire refused to listen. "You had your chance before standing up to me like that, slave! GRISLY WING!" A ton of bats flew out of his cape and started ripping at the black cat's skin. Her fur was being stained dark red. "And let us see if anyone saves YOU!" He threw the black cat out of the window and she landed in the tree Demidevimon had stayed in.

That next day there was a storm. To BlackGatomon, it was torture. Drops of water hit her wounds, and they hurt a lot. She dug her claws into the tree and wailed just as the wind came. The wind drowned out her cries for half an hour, and no one came for her. She shivered and started feeling very cold inside as well as outside.

That night, Myotismon finally went outside. "So, slave, how did you like a taste of punishment?" he asked, looking up at the tree. BlackGatomon was shivering and weak. Then the branch broke and she fell hundreds of feet to the ground and broke up into millions of tiny pieces.

The punishments had grown much worse over time, but it was nothing as bad as the daily life of a slave. A typical slave was crammed into a tiny dungeon cell with three or four other scared prisoners. It was either too cold or too hot and stuffy. There was never enough room, and the other prisoners were more worried about themselves than helping anyone else.

They were whipped awake by a Bakemon who was carrying a whip, giving them the first wound of the day. Sometimes they were awakened by Myotismon himself, with his Crimson Lightning whip. It hurt a lot more.

Then the day began. They were either left in the cells, or made to do backbreaking tasks, or train with Nanomon, or forced to take over land. Whenever they didn't work hard enough or messed up even a little, they were whipped by the lightning or, if they were lucky, a loyal Bakemon. Sometimes their punishments were much worse than just whipping. Sometimes it was intentionally death. Mostly it was by starvation, but Myotismon had thought up more interesting punishments, like throwing them in the moat and keeping them down there until they drowned. Or being thrown in the hell pit.

One time the punishment was short but very painful. It was much like the ancient Roman way of execution, where the prisoner was thrown in the middle of a stadium with a lion and the audience decided whether he should live or die with thumbs up or thumbs down. Only this time, Myo was the only one who watched, and he gave thumbs down right away. It was a Minotauromon who lost in a fight with the defender of their own territory. The vampire was furious with this, and he knew that there should be a good punishment for this act. Minotauromon found himself chained to the floor of what was once the palace ballroom the next day.

"No! What is the reason for this?" asked the minotaur.

"You had your chance," said Myotismon. He snapped his fingers, and MetalTyrannomon came stomping out from behind a door. He savored the moment as MetalTyrannomon drooled at seeing this meal laid in front of his eyes. As well as seeing Minotauromon crying for his life. It happened in ten seconds. MetalTyrannomon bent down. Minotauromon cried out, "NO! Please call him off! I'll do better next time!" Myotismon just smiled. Then with a roar, a crunching noise, and a satisfied gulp, Minotauromon was gone and MetalTyrannomon had been fed his first meal in days.

It was awful. Myo had to get rid of MetalTyrannomon, or have MetalTyrannomon get rid of him. Speaking of feeding, the digimon were only fed once a day, and only small portions. Sometimes they weren't given any food at all. Every night they slept with hunger pains, and some even died of starvation. The only ones who had decent meals were Demidevimon, Gatomon, and his most powerful henchmen. And himself.

One night, he overheard two guards speaking. "The lighthouse has a portal to the digital world," said one of them in a soft voice. "We must make sure no one goes in there."

"Not one digimon will unless they're really injured, and they will be too injured to walk," added the second guard.

Myotismon, who was trying to fall asleep in the cold night, overheard this. He woke up and listened carefully.

"Already we had one digimon escape because he wasn't being supervised well enough in the infirmary," said the first guard. "Or maybe he had gotten better. Either way, we need to resort to more guards. The rule is: once in the Dark Ocean, always in the Dark Ocean. Marinedevimon, as the leader, will not be happy."

Though knowing he had to repay the debt, the vampire knew he had paid the price in the Dark Ocean long enough and decided he needed to fix everything in the digital world and the real world before everything got out of hand. He knew exactly how his own henchmen had felt. All he needed to do was find a way to severely injure himself. Just another price to pay, and nothing worse than getting whipped by his own Crimson Lightning.

That next day he knew exactly what to do. Every last henchman was chained to each other by the ankle and made to work by reshaping the cape to the lighthouse, which would be a more isolated infirmary. They all moved rocks. Some of them even collapsed.

"Come on, work harder!" shouted Icedevimon, taking a whip of Crimson Lightning and whipping everyone who didn't seem to work hard enough. Just like Myo did. A MetalMeramon collapsed onto the ground, and Myotismon got and idea.

Icedevimon was coming closer. Myotismon moved over to the edge of a rock that curved in and purposely stopped working hard. He needed a break as all of his joints ached and sweat glistened on every part of him. His face and shoulders were sunburned despite the fact that there was very little sun in the Dark Ocean. [A/N: This describes me after a day of marching band practice.]

"Well well well," said Icedevimon, licking his lips. "I've been waiting to get to you, batless boy! And I see you're not really working hard enough so…" He cracked his whip a couple of times in the air and then whipped one of the chains apart. In a flash, chunks of metal sprayed everywhere. Then the lightning hit Myotismon across the chest and forced him to jump back without thinking and fly into the ocean. He brought the Skullmeramon next to him down with him, followed by a bunch of Gazimon and an Andromon, who dug his claw into the cliff, but made it fall off instead. Luckily, a heavy Drimogemon hung onto the ledge.

In two seconds, the vampire fell into the water and felt something jabbing him in the side and his leg getting twisted. The last thing he saw before he hit his head on a rock was small lines of red blood streaming into the water and a bunch of digimon falling into the water with him. After he hit his head on a rock, air bubbles rushed through his mouth and he saw stars in front of his eyes before he blacked out and nearly drowned.

"Icedevimon, you IGNORANT DOLT!" shouted Marinedevimon. "You just pushed seven of my workers into the water and injured them badly!" He wrapped his tentacle around the chain and pulled everyone out. The Gazimon were coughing and sputtering. Andromon was muttering something about rust. Skullmeramon was nearly put out and was shaking. Myo had it the worst of all. He was unconscious, bleeding at the side, and had a broken leg.

"Well well well, look here. Finally severely injured, the way he should be," said Daemon, looking over his enemy. "Take these three to the infirmary and make sure this one is badly healed. What's another scar to our favorite whipping mon?"

Myotismon awoke three days later in the infirmary. Andromon was in the bed next to him, covered in rust. Skullmeramon had died after being put out. His side was covered in a blood-stained bandage, and it hurt whenever he moved or even touched the bandage. His forehead was also stained with blood and had a stained bandage on it. His leg was twisted, but not completely broken. He couldn't sit up.

He remembered the portal, then heard more guards talking.

"The portal is unreachable. Andromon is unable to reach it because he's covered in rust. Skullmeramon died yesterday."

"What about… him?"

"Myotismon? He hasn't been awake for three days after he fell into the ocean. Maybe he died. It's hard to tell, he's always looked dead. Anyway, it's not possible for him to reach the portal. He's really injured too so he won't go back. Besides, the portal closes in a few minutes."

"Yah, what's he gonna do there? Torture his own henchmen again? He got some real ideas from Marinedevimon and Daemon."

"We can take the night off. I need my sleep for the night."

Andromon cried out, "I can't move!" He creaked. "I need oil!"

Myotismon quickly shut his eyes as one of the guards entered the room. He could hear some steps, then some creaks, and Andromon's sighs of relief. Then one of the guards swearing.

"These g**d**** robots and their g**d*** oil…" he muttered. "Then they're freakin bitchin about them not getting enough g**d*** oil… someday I'll oil their ass so much they won't be able to freakin walk…"

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" groaned Andromon.

"Shut the bloody hell up, robot!" growled the guard. "I'll be back tomorrow, and you had better not smart off to me like that!" A few steps. "Oh and if you see vampire boy over there wake up, tell him that it's back to work for him!"

"Just let me sleep," groaned Andromon.

The guard stomped away, muttering more profanity. He said something to the second guard, and the two of them walked off. The lights in the lighthouse turned off.

Fifteen minutes later, Andromon was sleeping in his bed. Myotismon stood up and quietly limped out, trying to ignore the sharp pains that surged through his leg and his side. He went down the hall and into a room near the end. He had overheard Daemon speaking about it to his guards.

The guards were snoring away in their beds. They were both FireDevimons, just Devimons made of whte-hot fire. One stirred as the door opened, but that was all. The portal was behind a door on the right side of their beds, a few yards away.

Quietly and slowly, Myo entered the room and snuck over to the door. Just as he opened it, the first FireDevimon opened his eyes and got up.

"Hey, what are YOU doing here?" asked the FireDevimon.

Myotismon said nothing; he hurled himself into the door and down the hall to the portal, with FireDevimon hot on his tail. Just as FireDevimon was about to grab him by the wrist, he entered the portal to the digital world, and the portal closed behind him.

An hour later, Myotismon was back in his castle. He was dressed in his normal blue suit and cape again. They didn't hang loose on him, for they could stretch to fit his figure, whatever it looked like. He was clean, and his wounds were freshly bandaged again. His hair hung down past his shoulders, and he was minus his red mask. Also he was determined to fix every bit of damage he had caused when he was evil.

Wizardmon stopped in front of him in the hall. He had returned to the digital world with the digi-destined. "Master Myotismon!" he exclaimed.

"Good day, Wizardmon," said Myotismon. He bowed respectfully.

"You look different to me," said Wizardmon. "It's just… last time I saw you… you were…"

"I was evil," said the vampire. "And after my experience in the Dark Ocean with the demon digimon I have come back to change my ways."

"Something makes me want to believe you," said the young wizard. "But there are some offences that are unforgivable. Whipping me… throwing me into lakes…"

"I am extremely sorry for all that," said Myotismon, with the truth in his eyes. "I have paid the price for all that in the Dark Ocean, and took it like a real mon. Still, I need to fix everything I have done to all of you." He looked Wizardmon directly in the eye. "I have been through so much as a young digimon, and just wished for others to feel worse than I so I could feel better about everything. But now it eats away at my soul."

Wizardmon looked at Myotismon's blue eyes. They looked different. Every time he looked at those eyes before… they were ice blue, with hardly any emotion in them… but now they were bright blue eyes. The eyes reminded him of Gatomon's. The eyes meant he had a change of heart. Then came the four words that Wizardmon was positive about saying. "Myotismon? I believe you."

To be continued…

Sorry about the delay, I was REALLY busy with marching band. Chapter 4 will be added within the next two weeks, or when I have time, whatever comes first!