Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Gate of Destiny ❯ The Face of an Angel... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sure I'm hyped up on cotton candy from the state fair and coffee from Starbucks, but that doesn't mean this will be insaaaaaaane! It just means I got a lot of ideas! And a new hobby: messing around with revolving doors! (Serious, I did this when no one was using them.) OK now I'll write. BTW, there's some irony… this is a Myotismon Angst fic where he wishes he had never been evil to Wizardmon and the group, while I'm working on Forever Virus Book II, and that's a Wizzy angst where Myo is really evil to him… that is very ironic. Enough rambling for a while. This chapter depicts more of Myo's blackened heart plus a change of heart.

Chapter 4

The Face of an Angel…

Myotismon set foot in the immense dungeon where he had locked so many digimon away. He looked around. The halls were extremely long, taking on so many different twists and turns to make room for more cells. There were hundreds of small dungeon cells, which were stuffed with digimon of all shapes and sizes. They were filled with no less than two digimon. Many of them were starving and dying of hunger, and lying on the ground. Some of them had their ribs visible beneath their skin, they had wasted away so much.

"I cannot believe I have done all this," said the vampire. "All those helpless digimon… there must be thousands of them close to death…"

"You know exactly what to do," said Wizardmon. "Don't you?"

"Yes," replied Myotismon. He walked into the center of the hall. "I wish to see every last one of you in the ballroom," he shouted out. "It is very important business that I must discuss with all of you. I wish for EVERYONE to come." He bared his fangs in a grin and announced his proclamation to the other side of the dungeon.

Wizardmon had his doubts. Maybe Myotismon hadn't changed. Maybe he had gone through a morphing of eyes and a drastic weight loss and beat himself up with his own attacks to make everyone feel sorry for him. Especially as he returned, with an emotionless expression on his face.

"Come, Wizardmon," said Myo, walking out of the dungeon.

Wizardmon stayed as all the dungeon doors opened wide and thousands of weak, starved, and injured digimon trudged out of their cells. Many of them shared the same worried expression. The young wizard motioned to them all and said, "Do not be worried. Maybe there will be rewards for the hardest workers."

"I don't know," replied a Gazimon. "The last time Lord Myotismon had all his workers together in a ballroom, he killed all of the injured!"

Wizardmon remembered that. He had been injured before then, but recovered thanks to his magical abilities. Myotismon had not been pleased with that action at all. All of the injured workers had been thrown in the hell pit before Wiz had a chance to let any of them recover. He had felt sorry for himself and couldn't sleep that night. He was lucky that Gatomon was not one of the injured workers.

The digimon had arrived in the ballroom. Two huge tables covered by white tablecloths and metal dishes that were covered by metal domes filled the room. They all turned their heads towards the north end of the hall, where Myotismon was standing. About fifty Bakemon were behind him.

"May I have everyone's attention?" asked the vampire. Everyone shut up, afraid that they would be punished. "I wish to tell you three things. First of all, I am incredibly sorry about what I have done to all of you. I have done so many evil deeds in the past. From merely threatening you, to whipping you until you are nearly a bloody mess, to killing your friends and fellow servants. I have spent a month in the Dark Ocean and changed my ways by my own free will."

A confused buzzing filled the ballroom. The digimon all looked quizzically at each other. This could be a trick, or the truth.

"Second, I am setting you all free. You are no longer my servants, unless you wish to be. If you are my servants, you will be paid in decent food and a hefty amount of digi-dollars. If you mess up in your tasks, I will not punish you in any way. Instead, you will be given another chance. Finally, I wish to make everything up to you. The Bakemon have prepared this delicious banquet of food just for you. Eat all you want. And I'm not trying to poison or kill you, either."

All of the Bakemon removed the lids off the plates. The plates had a lot of delicious-looking food on them, all the delicacies of rich humans, generated by the mighty powers of the Internet and cooked to perfection. At first all the digimon were reluctant to eat anything, but one brave digimon sampled the food and it tasted fine. So every digimon ate until they could eat no more. They were beginning to trust Myotismon a bit, but not much.

"Is it OK if I still serve you, Lord Myotismon?" asked Demidevimon, flying up to him and perching on his shoulder.

"Of course you can, Demidevimon," replied Myotismon, stroking him affectionately. "And please, call me by the name Myotismon. The 'Lord' brings back many a painful memory…"

"Are you sure you're not infected by an email virus?" asked the imp. "You refuse to be addressed as Lord Myotismon and you're not calling me a slave… you haven't insulted me all day!"

"He's gone through a change of heart," replied Wizardmon. "Probably because of his experience that he doesn't wish to talk about."

Myotismon looked forward, watching his former servants. They looked happy and contented, with their hunger satiated. Plus, they didn't seem to be as afraid of him as they were. He loved seeing them like this. Before then, he hated any and all signs of love and peace. He had thrived on darkness and hate. It was more of his sustenance instead of blood.

But how and what would he eat then? Solid foods just weren't his thing. He couldn't bear to taste another drop of blood. There was the possibility that data would keep him satisfied and alive, because digimon hardly starved to death.

"Wizardmon, can you assist me in something?" asked the vampire, turning to his new companion. "I must have a sustenance other than blood. Blood is just too brutal and could wind up killing a young human." It was then he remembered the mauled girl. "Is there a way I can get by?"

"Master, I know you will be mad at me for this, but Gatomon and I have been searching through your study, finding ways to escape your castle and improving the digital world," replied Wizardmon. He braced himself for a punishment, but it never came. No whipping, beating, not even a single reprimand for his deeds. "And… and I happened to come across a comparison of the Dark Ocean to the digital world. So many things were different there, and there might be a way to help you…"

Myotismon, to everyone's surprise, looked at Wizardmon sympathetically. "Thank you so much for telling me about this," he said. "I will put your research to good use."

Later, he was sitting in his chambers with a glass of wine, reading on the Dark Ocean and the digital world. It turned out that much of the Dark Ocean produced conditions of fear, despair, hunger, and more pain than could be caused in the digital world. For digimon were sustained by the data produced by computers, which was in many foods and even other digimon, and there was hardly any data in the Dark Ocean, they grew weaker there than they ever could in the digital world. If Myotismon had ruled in the Dark Ocean, most of his henchmen would have been dead.

"Whatcha reading there, Myo?" asked Demidevimon.

"It's about the Dark Ocean," replied the vampire. "I realize that the Dark Ocean is just like a hell for digimon, which I have paid the price in for years of evil deeds more evil beyond belief. My powers have been taken away there, but I don't feel any effect here. It's as if my powers are returning to me. Also, I starved and got tormented almost as if I was one of my own servants. It was as if Daemon was doing me good."

"What's Daemon got to do with this?" asked Wizardmon.

Myo knew he had said the wrong thing. He was going to need to tell his servants sometime. He sighed, put down the book and said, "When I was sent through the Dark Ocean, I was as arrogant and self-centered as I was in the real world. But Marinedevimon, in a way, knocked some sense into me by giving me the same treatment as I gave you, Wizardmon. He threw me into the ocean… like I had thrown you in the bay… I could have killed you…"

"But Joe and Ikkakumon came along just in time and rescued me," replied Wizardmon.

"But what if those two had not been around in time to save you?" asked Myotismon, his eyes glazing over. "It was by a stroke of luck… I wish I had never done that at all. You were trying to get me to not be so nasty towards anyone, but I refused to pay attention to you. I saw you as an annoying insect that just couldn't be swatted away. But you are one of the best digimon around. You were the only one who would believe me at first. I have so many that I have to make it up to, even now."

"I'm here and I'm alive," replied Wizardmon. "And… well… I forgive you…"

"I am grateful that you are easily forgiving me after all I put you through," replied Myotismon, recollecting another nasty memory that had to do with Wizardmon and his torture.

"There you are!" shouted Myotismon, suddenly materializing behind Wizardmon and grabbing him by the ear. He marched the wizard towards one of the favorite and most widely-used rooms in his castle: the torture chamber. And this one had a new sort of torture. "I need you to test this new torture device for me!" This was shortly after Wizardmon had been brought back to him. Myo had realized that the wizard had a soft spot for Gatomon. He needed to get rid of the little bit of romance between the two.

"Why must I?" asked Wizardmon. "What did I do?"

"You hatched from your digiegg and waltzed up to this castle, asking for a way to digivolve," replied the vampire. He still remembered the first time he saw the wizards face, and despised the face for no apparent reason. "And now you will test out my new torture device!" He snapped his fingers, and the Bakemon came up to him and unveiled two identical torture devices. Both were the wooden platforms that had the handcuffs and feet cuffs that you pulled until the victim's hands and feet came off. One of them was empty, and on the other one was Gatomon.

"Help me, Wizardmon!" squealed Gatomon.

"Shut up," Myotismon growled at Gatomon. "If you do you won't be the first one victimized."

Two Bakemon flew over to Wizardmon, who was squirming to be let go. His staff was snatched away from him and thrown onto the floor. It landed with a clang. He was cuffed to the stretching device.

"And no, Gatomon is not here so you don't have to suffer alone," said Myotismon. "She is here so you will suffer even more!"

"What do you mean?" asked Wizardmon in a meek voice.

Myotismon nodded at a Bakemon. He turned the crank, and the chains that held Gatomon's arms and legs pulled onto them, stretching the cat digimon until her limbs grew sore. He darkly chuckled to himself, savoring the cry. Still he needed more.

"Bakemon, stretch her out even more!" commanded Myotismon. The Bakemon reluctantly cranked the chains so Gatomon squealed out in pain.

"NO! HELP ME AND STOP IT NOW!" screamed Gatomon.

"Let her go, bat face, or you'll get a taste of my Thunder Ball," threatened Wizardmon. It was out of love for Gatomon as she screamed once again.

"I think the kitty cat has had enough," declared the vampire. "I believe she will never look at me with those eyes again. Still, she might…" He walked over to near his throne and pulled two sharp knives out of a panel on the wall. "I need to make sure she won't." He removed his glove and tested the sharpness of the knives. He drew blood twice.

"What are you doing to her?" asked Wizardmon.

He thrusted the point of the knife into the board of the torture device, about two inches away from Gatomon's neck. The blade was pointed right towards her, too. The other was placed on her other side, also two inches away.

"If she moves," said Myotismon, "she dies. It makes it so much more interesting to watch… Maybe I'll leave her there for longer than I expected. I knew it would be real torture to watch her like this."

Gatomon cried, trying not to move. Her arms and legs were in so much pain, and she thought they were about to fall off. Her fur was beginning to get wet with perspiration as she tried her best not to move towards the knives that were thrusted next to her neck. One wrong move and she would die.

"And now for the real torture" he continued. He nodded to Bakemon, which turned the crank for Wizardmon's stretching.

The wizard's arms and legs stretched up and down. His arms hurt, but he was determined to fight back. He squirmed and yelled. "No more, I've had enough!" he shouted.

"No you have not!" shouted Myotismon. "Bakemon, more!"

Bakemon reluctantly turned the crank again. Wizardmon's arms stretched out even further and so did his legs. He was in as much pain as Gatomon, and thought that his limbs would fall off. "Please no more of this torture ever!" he shouted, fighting back his cries of pain. Tears were forming in his eyes as he clenched his teeth together. "Now let Gatomon go!"

"More, Bakemon! Don't stop until he agrees not to even come into the same room as Gatomon, ever again!" commanded the vampire.

"But… master… don't you think that's a little… harsh?" asked the Bakemon.

"Do you want to die?" asked Myotismon. "Never question my authority!" He rushed over to the crank and cranked the chains even tighter. Wizardmon grew so stretched out. The wizard clenched his teeth and nearly everything on his body.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" he finally shouted. "Please… just… let me go! I'm sorry I exist, I'll be of better use…"

Myotismon paid still no attention. He took out two sharp silver knives with blood-stained blades, and thrusted them into the platform, less than an inch away from Wizardmon's neck. The wizard wasn't able to move at all, lest he die.

"This ought to make you change your feelings about everything," said the vampire.

Wizardmon suppressed his cries, much like Gatomon did. Tears were forming in their eyes, and their teeth were clenched. Suddenly Gatomon looked right at Myotismon, which was a mistake.

Those eyes… those terrible eyes… how the vampire hated Gatomon's eyes so much. His hand began to glow. "Never look at me with those eyes! CRIMSON LIGHTNING!" He whipped Gatomon once, and then twice. Tears began streaming down the white cat's face as some red blood trickled through her fur. She dug her claws into the board she was stretched out on, then screamed. For good measure, Myotismon whipped her again, this time harder than ever.

"STOP IT!" she cried. "STOP IT PLEASE! LET ME LIVE AND I'LL NEVER LOOK AT YOU WITH MY EYES AGAIN!" She squeezed her eyes shut and held her neck stiff so she didn't get stabbed by the knives that were right next to her neck, bracing herself for yet another whipping.

Myotismon put down his whip of lightning. Gatomon was already bleeding, but not much. She was crying. Her white fur was singed where the lightning had whipped her. "This is the best method of torture of all," he mused to himself. "And now for the wizard…"

Wizardmon squeezed his eyes shut and braced himself for a severe whipping. It came down on him harder than it did on his friend. He suppressed his cries. He was stretched out on a board with lightning whipping him. Myotismon whipped him for three minutes that seemed like three years to Wizardmon and Gatomon. Every time he did, wounds had formed on the wizard's back and re-opened with every whip. There were going to be scars.

Then, for good measure, he whipped them both with one shot, the hardest he had. Two screams erupted from the room, so loud they could be heard throughout, even outside, the castle.

"I believe you have had enough," declared Myotismon, digging the knives out of the boards and thrusting them back in, at a distance away from Gatomon and Wizardmon. He did Gatomon first, for obvious reasons. The chains took a long time to uncuff, even when the Bakemon was helping. Finally, Wizardmon's chains were undone. The wizard tumbled down to the ground, aching from the torture he had just been put through. Blood stained both wooden platforms. Myotismon had attacked them good.

"So have you two learned your lessons? Gatomon, never look at me with those eyes again. Wizardmon, stay away from Gatomon and toughen up." Myoitsmon picked Gatomon up by the scruff of her neck. Gatomon winced as his hands pinched her. Myo threw Gatomon into the hall. He picked Wizardmon up by the cape and hurled him into the hall behind Gatomon. "If I see you two aren't competent enough, I promise I will not be as benevolent as I was."

The vampire was back in his study. A tear flowed down his pale face as he began to cry. "I have been so awful towards all of you!" he exclaimed. "I was so… evil… and cold and callous… it's amazing how everyone wants to still serve me!"

"The past is gone…" whispered Wizardmon. "Still, there are things that are unforgivable in my opinion. You have done so many unforgivable things, but a part of me wants me to believe that you've changed."

"I will go to the real world once again tomorrow and change my ways with the humans I have affected by feeding off of them," declared Myotismon. "It is terrible to thrive by blood… to sustain the cravings every day… and have it meet my high standards by adding the flavor of fear. Normally thinking about it makes my mouth water and gives me cravings beyond my control. But now… nothing seems to happen. From now on, I will live off the data thrown away from the Internet. It may not be much, but it is so much better than thriving on blood. Wizardmon, are you ready to go to the real world with me?"

"I am up to it," replied the young wizard. "This time, by my own free will."

"I'm coming too!" Demidevimon volunteered, saluting. "My master ain't going anywhere without me!" He perched on the top of the throne and grinned.

"Excellent," said Myotismon. "We leave first thing tomorrow." He left the study, ignoring an ice-blue glow that came from a small locked box on the top shelf of a dusty bookcase.

The next day, Myo traveled to the real world in disguise. He was wearing a special image inducer that made him look like a tall boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. IT could change the way he looked at will. Phantomon, Demidevimon, and Wizardmon were traveling with him.

"I would like to thank you for helping me," he told the three henchmen that were now just companions.

The four of them materialized where they had first set foot. It was the daytime. Normally Myotismon just shielded himself or traveled to the real world at night, but he didn't seem affected by the sunlight.

"Where are you going first?" wondered Wizardmon.

The vampire looked around. He had caused a lot of damage while in Japan. The damaged buildings that were broken into by his ghosts, on his own orders… the buildings that were damaged by his attacks… the TV station that was no more after he left his mark. Everything seemed to be under reconstruction thanks to him.

He walked up to one of the workers that was working on the apartment closest to him, in the body of a younger child. In the voice of a child, he said, "I'm sorry about what happened."

"Don't worry about it, kid, it's not your fault," said the worker. "Ever since those monsters were on the rampage a few months ago…"

"I know, and I'm incredibly sorry about what happened… it was sort of my fault in a way."

"It wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was! Everything is my fault! All of the attacks were my doing! I was the one who sent those monsters on you!"

"WHAT?" The worker's eyes grew wide.

"I'm sorry I did everything. Please, I beg forgiveness from everyone whose lives have been affected by my wrongdoing."

The worker rolled his eyes. He didn't seem to believe this strange child who walked up to him and begged forgiveness for something that was not his doing. He had never seen the kid once in his life. "Fine," he said. "I forgive you, though I don't know what you did. And so does everyone else, I guess."

A few minutes later, Myotismon returned to his three other companions with a confused expression on his face. "They did forgive me, but the did not know why they had to…"

"You have ought to try something else," said Wizardmon. "Buildings don't have lives, despite all the humans that lived in them. There are a bunch of female humans that you fed off of."

The vampire bowed his head, remembering every last one of the women. They might have died by now, and he needed the chance for them to live long enough to try to bring them back to life. He walked briskly, in his disguise, towards the intensive care section of the hospital. It took a long time for him to convince the workers that he was a relative and a friend of the women who died.

"I'm sorry this happened," he always said to the female humans, who laid in their beds, pale and limp, with two bite marks in their necks. Many of them were hooked up to machines to help them. The diagnosis was always "sudden anemia, possibly caused by a genetic disorder," but Myotismon knew that it was his work. He was the one who had to have the thirst for blood.

Before he was sent through the Gate of Destiny, he would have thought nothing about the humans. They were only little parasites running around in the world that he wanted for himself. What was a human but a walking and talking creature with no purpose except to walk around their miserable lives. Thinking they were the ones superior to anything and everything else in their miserable world. They were wrong and Myotismon knew it. HE was the one superior to those foolish humans. But why did they not think so and make it hard?

The children seemed to be the worst of all. They thought of themselves and the good of the world. Why were they so superior and light-hearted, carefree, and so easily frightened. They might have seemed adorable when he looked at him, but the vampire knew that they would grow up into larger parasites that would wage war against him and his henchmen.

Why did Myotismon think that way about humans? He now knew that humans weren't parasites anymore. They were trying to fend for others, not just themselves.

He ran his hand through a brown-haired woman's hair and whispered, "I'm sorry." Just then, the machine that measured the woman's heart rate beeped slower and slower, until it became a big long one. The woman's hand fell limp. She was no longer breathing. One of his victims had died.

"No," said Myotismon. He began to cry softly. "Why is it that they die? Why couldn't she have recovered?" He buried his face in his hands and began to cry for the woman who had died in front of him. He was being punished.

"Hey, who are you and what are you doing with my mom?" asked a girl from the doorway.

Myotismon turned his head around to look at her. She was a pretty girl with green eyes and long wavy auburn hair. An ice-blue glow seemed to show around her for a minute, with a crest symbol showing up over her heart for the same time. When he blinked, the glow and symbol were gone. "I'm sorry this had to happen," he said to the girl. "Your mother has died."

"What?…" asked the girl, walking over to her mother's bed. "This is awful!" She started weeping. "She was a novelist, and she had accidentally left one of her manuscripts in the park, so she went back there at night to retrieve it. I was doing homework at a friend's apartment a few minutes later. I thought she had returned, but she didn't for half an hour. And the park was only three minutes away from where we lived…

"My dad thought she misplaced her work, so he didn't bother looking. He did look out the window and didn't see Mom there. There was too much fog. He had also seen a dark stagecoach pull up on the path. He had seen that stagecoach all the time, but he didn't think anything suspicious of it.

"Suddenly I was finishing up my homework when my dad came up to the door and said he got a call from the hospital. My mom was in the emergency room, and her neck was bleeding. She might have been shot there, but the doctors found no bullets. She might have been stabbed there, but there were no marks that looked like a knife. He did see two bite marks in her neck, which meant she could have been stabbed by a different kind of knife, or a nail or something. She was diagnosed with sudden anemia. I thought she would get better, but she didn't. There was not enough blood for a transfusion, since so many women had also lost their blood earlier that week."

Myotismon knew that was also his work, but he said nothing. He laid his hand on the girl's shoulder in comfort and said, "I'm sorry that happened."

"I don't think it was your fault," said the girl. "You look too young to be a murderer. Once my mom did get enough energy to talk. When we visited her in her intensive care room, she told us about her assailant."

"What… what did she say about me- er, the one who killed her?" asked Myo, hoping that the description would be nothing like him.

The girl tried to think, forcing back tears. Finally she said, "Well she said that he was tall and blonde with really captivating blue eyes that seemed to lure her into him. She forgot about her husband and any other love lives she ever had the second she looked at those eyes of his. I think she said he was also wearing a mask, and a black cape… but she wasn't sure." She paused for a minute and said, "She also sighed and said that he had the face of an angel but the soul of a devil because she leaned in to kiss him but something hurt her neck and something wet ran down it… maybe something was licking it too…"

"I'm very sorry that had to happen," said Myo.

"Don't be, you're not the one," replied the girl. She grew more enraged. "They never found the man who did it. They say it was a psycho who stabbed others for fun, but I don't think so. I think it was a vampire."

Quietly, Myotismon edged out of the room. He couldn't take any more of anything. But he did listen at the door.

"He's gone now…" the girl mumbled. "And I just moved here as well… if only my brother hadn't gotten sick on the swings and made Mom forget about her papers… if only I hadn't said 'Let's go to the park!'" She buried her face in her hands and cried.

This time, Myo felt her pain. Many of these women were mothers, and these children had lost a part of their lives. He stuck his head through the door and said, "Come out here."

The girl walked out of the room. "So you're still here?"

"Yes," replied the vampire. "And I would like to tell you why I'm here. You see, someone I used to love a lot got kidnapped and taken to another place, where he was beaten up and forced to work for hours. He was neglected, and well, somehow I don't seem to love him anymore. Still, I don't want him to die because… well… there's so much he hasn't accomplished in the world."

"Is it your father?" asked the girl.

"No."

"Your brother? A cousin? A friend?"

"None of these… uh, distant family." Myotismon refused to admit that he was talking about himself. "He traveled here to Tokyo just to terrorize others. He didn't care anything about what happened to others along the way. Everyone hated him. Except for me. I loved him because he was family and just loved him unconditionally. Even his workers hated him so. He was taken away to a place, and while he was there, I reflected on his life and realized he was just AWFUL to everyone. And now I hate him so much, and it seems no one will forgive him!"

"But you should," said the girl. "No matter what he did. I forgive him."

"You don't understand," said Myo. "He was the one who killed your mother."

"You know the one who killed my mother?" asked the girl. Her eyes were wide. "What is his name?"

"I think he told me once, but I forgot it," replied Myotismon. "I do believe he's close, and I will be watching for him. If the others forgive him, then I will forgive him too." He left. "Goodbye, and I hope I see you again."

"You too," said the girl. "You're one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life."

That night, it seemed that nothing had been fixed between Myotismon and all he had destroyed, including the lives of innocent humans. He was paging through a book, a glass of wine on the table next to his chair, when an ice-blue glow caught his eye.

"Myo, that box is glowing!" Wizardmon exclaimed, pointing his staff at the top of a shelf.

Demidevimon flew over to the box and held it between his talons. "I got it," he said. He flew over and gave it to his former master.

The box was a small dark wooden one that was polished, but dusty. It had a lock on it that had a strange symbol on it. The key was attached to the bottom. The box opened to reveal a tag and a crest set in a red velvet and plush lining. The crest was glowing an ice blue.

Myotismon looked closer. There was a symbol in the middle of the crest that was providing the light. It looked like a tiny yin yang without the dots. The very miniscule yin yang was surrounded by the points of light from Kari's crest. A small sound was coming from the crest. It was the sound of beautiful music made by the voices in a choir of angels. He held the tag and crest, and a small warmth flooded through his body.

"What crest is that?" asked Wizardmon. "I've never seen that before!"
Demidevimon's eyes were the size of dinner plates. "There's a TENTH child?" he squawked.

"Can I see it?" asked the wizard.

The vampire handed him the tag and crest, which ceased glowing. It didn't glow or feel warm in Wizardmon's hand. The wizard studied the crest intently. "I think it's a digi-destined crest," he said. "It doesn't seem like one the digi-destined would own, though."

Suddenly, Myotismon realized why the crest was in his possession, and it was as if he knew about it. "I remember reading about this…" he reminisced. "It is one of the ancient crests… the four first crests ever made. It can be good or evil. It's known as the Crest of Destiny."

"Destiny?" asked Wizardmon, handing Myotismon the crest. It began to glow again.

"How come it's only glowing when he has it?" wondered Demidevimon.

"I think I know the answer," said Myo. "I believe I have a digi-destined."

To be continued…

Well this chapter has been put on hold for a while… hope I haven't lost any of you! In the next chapter, Wizardmon plays another big part, and the digi-destined discover a secret about a new girl, who is Myo's digi-destined! (Don't worry, it's not a self-insertion thing. That's right, it's not me this time, though I wish it were…)