Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis of a Hero ❯ Night Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Geneses of
A Hero
 
Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.
William Jennings Bryan (1860 - 1925)
 
Chapter 1:
Night Life
 
Kyoto, Japan. During the day, this majestic city seems to come alive with the people living within it. However, what most of the do not know that when the sun has set something else walks the streets who are not even human. Some of those things are not a threat as they are just trying to live simple lives.
 
Unfortunately, there are that who live off on by causing pain and suffering to others and that is where I come in. Whether I chose it or it chose me, I have taken it upon myself to battle the evil and save the world from darkness.
 
-/-/-/-/-
 
When nightfall comes over a city, some people feel it is a good time to have fun and forget all their worries. However, that was not the case as a young woman was running down the streets from two men. Running through alleyways, she tried to escape her pursuers but it did not pay off as she ran to a dead end of an alley. What none of them knew was that high above a figure was watching on, waiting for the moment to intervene.
 
“It's a dead end for you girl and in more ways than one.” spoke the taller of the two. “That chase was fun while it lasted but it has made my friend and me a little thirsty.” To the girl's horror, the face of the man changed to on with a bumpy forehead, eerie yellow eyes and two teeth that were like fangs.
 
“So since it was you that cause us to become hungry you should be the one to fix it.” Grabbing a hold of the girl, he prepared to bring his fangs down on her neck. The girl tried to push herself away from her captor but it proves to be pointless as the creature maintained his gripe. She yelled at the top of her lungs, hoping that someone would hear and come to save her before it was too late.
 
“Give it up. No one can hear you and even if someone did we'll be done long before they arrive.” exclaimed the other captor that was with them who also had the same inhuman face as his friend. Just as the creature was about to sink his teeth into the girl's neck a figure jumped from the nearby building and came between the girls and two captors.
 
He had reddish brown hair that went to his neck but narrowed at the end and brown eyes. The outfit he was wearing was a dark red T-shirt, black pants and over that was a black leather coat. `Sorry for the interruption. I just saw the commotion and I thought that I join the party.”
 
No one could figure out what was the deal with this newcomer but all the girl was caring about was whether this person could save her. “You don't know what you're getting yourself into boy. So I suggest that you leave before you end up like this girl is going to be.” It was then that the newcomer took notice of the two creature's faces.
 
“Wow, dude what's the deal with your faces? Are you wearing masks or are you just some ugly mother fuckers?” For that comment, the newcomer was punch in the back of the head from the creature's lackey, knocking him down like a sack of bricks.
 
“Well, that takes care of that little annoyance. Now I think it's time to finish with what we left off.” Joining his friend the two of them was about to sink their teeth into the girl's neck who simply gave up in escaping. “Man, what's the deal with that unprovoked shot? All I did was ask a question and you hit me from behind I don't take too kindly to that.”
 
Now fed up with the person's constant interruptions the lackey came over to put an end to it. “Now listen here you punk, we're giving you a chance to leave so you better take it before we change our minds.”
 
When he got closer, the newcomer grabbed the lackey's head and with a quick twist, he broke his neck, killing the creature instantly. Angered by the death of his partner the creature threw the girl to the ground and went running at his partner's killer. Unknown by him though was that from the newcomers coat sleeve a small collapsible sword and was ready to use it.
 
Avoiding a wild swing the newcomer swung around and sliced the creature's head clean off his body. When that happened, both his head and body exploded in a cloud in dust. As that was happening, he went over to the fallen creature and without the slightest bit of hesitation chopped off his head, which resulted in him, become dust as well.
 
Recovering her senses the girl got back to her feet and cautiously walked over to her hero, not knowing what to expect from him. “Excuse me sir, I just wanted to say thank you for saving me from whatever those things were. Speaking of which, what were they?”
 
Ignoring her question the newcomer returned his sword back into his coat sleeve and started to walk off. “Wait, you didn't answer my question.” “Trust me. It's better than you don't know more than you already know and try to get back to the rest of your life.” Without another word the newcomer left and did not even take a second glance at the confused girl.
 
-/-/-/-/-
 
In a parochially broken down portion of the city we find our recent hero walking down the street avoiding any form of contact with any of the people passing by. Reaching a seemingly abandoned building, he walked in and went down a long hall until he reached a large metal door.
 
Unlocking it, he entered a barren room, which only had a bed, a closet and a large cabinet. Going over he opened up the cabinet to reveal loads of weapons of all varieties inside. Removing all his weapons from his coat and wrists, he suddenly stopped.
 
“Whoever you are it would be wise for you to leave before I make you leave.” Closing the cabinet it revealed a blonde hair boy who seemed to be the same age as the hero and was wearing a black shirt, jeans and a tanned colored jacket. “Now, now, is that anyway to talk to a friend?” questioned the stranger. “We're not friends. I don't even know you and you sure as hell don't know me.”
 
“Oh, is that a fact? Let us see, your name is Daisuke Motomiya. You moved to Kyoto six months ago and since then you have been hunting down and killing every demon that you have come across. Which is somewhat ironic since you're-” “I find it interesting that you know all this stuff about me and yet I don't even know a single thing about you. For example, what is your name?”
 
“That's a fair enough question. My name is Takeru Takaishi and I am here to help you.” “Is that a fact? Parietal how and why you'd do that?” “Well for one I have vas resources that could help you get better weapons and help you to find better living conditions. As for why I want to help...lets just say that I have my reasons. So what do you say? Want to team up and make the world safe?”
 
Sticking his hand out Takeru looked for Daisuke to do the same but only got an uninterested stare. “No thanks, I don't want or need our help. I have done well for myself without any assistance and I don't want to start now.”
 
“It looks as though I'll have to prove myself on how valuable I could be. Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out a piece of paper. “Here's a paper with an address to a party. Before you ask there is going to be a person there who is going to be a targeted by some shady characters. Maybe that person will need someone to watch over them.”
 
After looking at the note for a couple of seconds, Daisuke reluctantly took the note. `I'll do this but only because I'm curious.” Going back to the cabinet, he began to get a few weapons. “By the way, if this is true do you at least know who I'm supposed to look for?”
 
“Sorry but I was unable to get any description about the person. I am not even sure why these people want this person. All I know is that if they do get him or her it will result in serious trouble for you. How, I don't know so you better get whoever it is before we have to find out.”
 
-/-/-/-/-
 
The Next Night...
 
“Well, this seems to be the place.” spoke Daisuke as he stood in a huge house with tons of people going in or hanging around it. Slowly he walked onto the property, making sure not to get some unwanted attention. He was able to cross the yawn and reached the doorway but did not enter. “Hey man, what's wrong?” asked some old man.
 
“Why are you just standing there?” Come on in and enjoy the party.” “I don't know. I'm not really that much of a party person.” “That's nonsense. Listen, this is my house and I want everyone that attends my party to have a good time. So come on in and have some fun.” Cautiously Daisuke stepped in and walked down the hallway with the old man walking beside him.
 
“So, I never did get your name.” “Daisuke, Daisuke Motomiya. What's yours?” `The name's Samuel Bentson. I'm one of Kyoto's well-known talent agents. I help to make the careers for some of Japan's biggest stars and models. This party is to welcome some of my newer clients to the business and possibly help them get some opportunities for work. Speaking of which, what type of work are you in?” “Uh...I'm a detective.” “That's interesting. I will remember to keep that in mind. Any ways, I have to go meet with some people so why don't you go ahead and mingle while I deal with this.”
 
With Samuel walking off I started looking around seeing if I could find the person that I was suppose to help and if possible the ones that were after him/her. “I don't believe it. Daisuke, is that you?” asked a voice.
 
Turning around he came face to face with a girl about his age with ruby eyes, brown hair that went passed her shoulders and was wearing a flattering pink dress that went down to her knees. Daisuke looked at the girl with confusion but having the feeling that he knew her.
 
“You don't remember me do you?” Reluctantly Daisuke shook his head fearing to offending the girl. “It's me, Hikari Kamiya.” “Hikari?” Daisuke questioned as he saw the girl nod her head in confirmation. “Oh my lord, I'm shocked. I can't believe how much you change and I'm not complaining.”
 
“I could say the same thing about you.” Going around Hikari looked over Daisuke from top to bottom. “Man, look at you. It's only been ten years since we last saw each other and it looks as though your a totally different person.” “Well, in a way you would be right but let's forget about that for the moment. Tell me, what are you doing here? The last I heard you were planning on going to some university.”
 
“That's true but unfortunately I wasn't able to get the money that was needed to attend so that is on hold for the time being. I'm now modeling and have done very good for myself. As for the reason why I'm at this party, I am seeing if I can get some job openings and it couldn't hurt to make some powerful connections. Speaking of which, what are you doing here? From what I can remember you weren't the type of person to be a model.”
 
“It's nothing really. I'm kind of working on some...case and it involves someone from this party.” “Are you serious? Could you tell me who it is? Maybe I can help.” For a moment, Daisuke was considering telling her but thought against it since it would be safer for her it she remained in the dark.
 
Suddenly, without warning four men barged in and to everyone's fright all of them had the same demonic face as the two that Daisuke dealt with the previous night. Gaining immediate control, three of the men positioned themselves at the main entrance while the other expected all the people of the party.
 
For the next couple of minutes all they did was look over the guests as if they were looking for someone in particular. When that was going on, Daisuke slowly reached into his coat pocket to the small dagger that he brought. As one of the men came closer the more he pulled it out and was ready to use it.
 
An intense moment passed as one of men was now in front of him and was looking him over but was he was poised to drive the dagger into the man's chest if needed. Just as he was about to strike the apparent leader of the group came over and grabbed Hikari.
 
“Come on. We got the one that we came for. Let's hurry up and deliver her to our employer so we can get our money. They started to walk off while pulling the struggling Hikari behind them. Not allowing them to get away with this, Daisuke leapt in front of them and knocked down the one who was holding Hikari.
 
With the man down, he quickly grabbed her and ran out of the building with the men following close by. Running with all their might the two came to a deserted alleyway with a dead end. Before they could turn back, the group of men appeared and by the look of their demonic faces, they were not happy. “All right, I don't know who you are and I don't care. Just give us back the girl and we promise to let you leave with only a few injuries.” threaten the leader.
 
Placing himself in front of Hikari, Daisuke looked at his adversaries with a determined look in his eyes. “I'm afraid I can't do that. I may not know why you want her but I'll do all that I can to keep her from you.” “Suit yourself. We gave you the chance to walk away but you chose to ignore it. You give us no choice but to deal with you, permanently.”
 
Eager for what look like an easy kill one of the men leapt at the two. In almost one fluid motion, Daisuke moved aside, along the way grabbed the man, and pierce him in the heart with the dagger that he had earlier. Before the man even hit the ground, his body turned into a pile of dust. Wanting to revenge for his fallen comrade, another man came at Daisuke but he ended up like his friend as Daisuke spun around and tossed the dagger into his heart that resulted in him turning into dust as well.
 
Everyone was in definite silence but for different reasons. For Hikari she was in disbelief at what she just witness, the two remaining men were stun by seeing two of there very own being taken out so easily and Daisuke, he was just waiting for what was to come. “How could this be happening?” questioned one of the men.
 
`Those were two of our best men and he took them out without so much of a sweat. There is no way we can get pass him to get the girl.” “Stop your sniffling. He may have been able to deal with us one at a time but he can't possibly deal with the two of us at once.”
 
Going on the offense the last two men went at their adversary but at the last moment the leader of the two turned around and ran in the opposite direction. Seeing his comrade had suddenly deserted him he was unprepared to fight on his own as Daisuke quickly struck him down.
 
As he laid there on the ground in agony, Daisuke dragged him up. “Now you listen and listen good. I'm going to ask you a question and you better tell me the truth or you may end up like your friends.” By the sound of Daisuke's voice, he was starting to get fed up with this whole thing.
 
“Who are you working for and why do they want my friend?” “I-I-I don't know.” For that answer, he got punch in the face. “I'm not going to ask you again. Tell me what I want to know or you'll regret ever meeting me.” From her position Hikari couldn't see the front of Daisuke but she noticed that whatever the man saw in Daisuke's face caused him to become absolute afraid. “Okay, okay, I'll talk.” Releasing his hold, Daisuke allowed the man to talk.
 
“Our group was paid to get the girl from a company called the Takenaka Corporation. They paid us a large sum of money to get a hold of that girl. What they want with her I don't know. All I do know is that it involves with getting some guy. I told you all that I know now let me leave like you promise.” “I could do that.”
 
“I could do that can't I?” It seemed as though Daisuke was going to allow the man to go until the collapsible sword came out of his coat sleeve. “But I won't.” With one quick swipe of his sword, he decapitated his head clean off his body. As expected his body and severed head became dust.
 
Finally over coming from what she just experience, Hikari slowly went over to Daisuke who was still facing away from her. `Daisuke, what was that all about and what happen to them?” Reaching out she put a hand on his shoulder but quickly pulled it away just the same time that she noticed his face. He no longer had the same face that he had before but now had the same one that the men that he just dealt with had. Apparently, after experiencing everything she went through that night finally took its toll on her as she fainted on the spot.