Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis of Dark and Light: The Apocalypse ❯ Arrival at Florida ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon, but I do own this plot.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 2: Arrival at Florida
 
 
The birds were soaring around the night sky flying in different pattern mostly in a V shape. They seem to all be migrating north and for one reason, to feel the warmth of summer on their cold and tired feathers, like most people in the world. Humans as well as animals like to migrate to warmer places when the temperature in their area decreases, the only difference is that humans don't have to struggle to get there.
 
 
All they got to do is ride on a car or an airplane like our eight digidestined children were doing. It had been more than a couple of hours since the digidestined had departure from the airport in Odaiba, everyone was peacefully sleeping, except for a certain goggle head that was snoring silently. The lights in the plane had all gone out, since everyone aboard was sleeping and it was night time in the sky.
 
 
The peaceful night sky suddenly turned darker, rain began to pour down and lighting started to appear with the sound of thunder following behind it. Our goggle head and digidestined leader Davis was suddenly awaken by the sound of thunder and the flashing of lighting near his window.
 
 
“Stupid thunderstorm” said the teenager rubbing his sleepy eyes. He closed his eyes going back to sleep, ignoring the thunderstorm and the strange beeping that seem to come from his D-3.
 
 
Beep…Beep…Beep
 
 
Davis groaned reaching for his D-3, if the beeping didn't stop then his friends were sure to wake up and he didn't want to interrupt their sleeping, specially the brown hair girl who was next to him.
 
 
Once Davis had the device in his hand he stared at it with sleepy eyes trying to figure a way to stop the beeping that was getting really annoying, “Where's the off button in this thing?”
 
 
He was too tired to think of a way to end the beeping, so instead the teenager started to press all the buttons, not really knowing what he was doing just hoping it would stop. Davis yawned and without even knowing he pressed a certain button in the middle of the D-3. After that it was silent.
 
 
Finally, now I can get some sleep….wait why is it vibrating? Davis' eyes travel down to his D-3 where for some strange it was vibrating out of control. Oh no…
 
 
The D-3 then began to glow in a crimson-red color and the vibration started to get stronger and stronger. Davis shield his eyes with his free hand since the light got brighter and brighter until the D-3 was engulfed in a red light and it started to change shape taking a new form. The teenager opened his eyes now that the light was slowly subsiding and let out a gasp, surprise at the new device in his hand.
 
The D-3 didn't look anything like it use to, it sort of took a circular triangular shape, the usual blue and white colors it had was now a red-crimson and white color. (Basically it looks like Takato's red digivice from season three). Davis' eyes widen in shock and confusion; he had no idea what to think, his D-3 somehow took a new shape and it looked completely different.
 
 
Davis looked to his right wondering if the light had woken up Kari. Lucky for him she was still sound asleep. Hmm I never thought Kari was a heavy sleeper. With all the light, he was expecting her to awake.
 
 
The spiky hair teen tried to see the new changes in his digivice, but it was too dark to see. The only light in this plane is the one near me, but I don't want to wake up Kari, well the bathroom has lights I'll go there just have to be careful not to wake up Kari.
 
 
Davis got up and tried to leave, but found himself with one problem. If he wanted to get out he needed to first get pass the sleeping Kari. Great I just had to pick the sit near the window!
 
 
The teen groaned and began to move carefully, he had to get pass Kari, but it was beginning get difficult since the airplane wouldn't stop moving now that the thunderstorm had started to get worst. He was nearly there all he had to do was carefully take two more steps and he was free, but as fate would have it, things wouldn't come his way.
 
 
The airplane shook a little by the storm, it wasn't strong, but it was enough to make Davis lose balance. His body fell forward towards Kari, but he quickly put both his hands on the sit stopping his body from falling on her, but that didn't stop his face from coming extremely close to the girls face.
 
 
Davis was blushing furiously; he felt his cheeks burning as they turned redder and redder. His face was centimeters away from the girl's lips that were cover by pink lip-gloss making them sparkle. Davis felt his heart beat rising, it was beating so hard he could actually hear it, the teen tried to pull away, but her lips were like a magnet and he couldn't turn away. Instead he found his lips coming closer to hers; he came closer and closer until….
 
 
BOOM
 
 
The sound of thunder made the plane move again and this time it made the digidestined of Courage and Friendship lost his balance completely. He fell down on top of something that was soft.
 

“Damn” Davis whispered. He looked down and came
face to face with...well... Kari's breasts.
 
 
Davis screamed in his mind as he pulled his face away from her chest and fell on the floor, with his face first. He quickly pulled himself to his feet and began to take deep breaths, not believing what he had just done. Oh man, Kari's going to kill me. Davis slowly turned his head afraid to see Kari's reaction.
 
 
To his surprise she was still sleeping peacefully. The teen sweatdropped and released a big sigh, “Man she really is a heavy sleeper” said Davis chuckling nervously to himself scratching the back of his head.
 
 
“Davis…what are you doing?” asked a voice.
 
 
Davis became terrify when he saw that Kari had her eyes half open and she was looking straight at him, “K-Kari, I was just g-going to the bathroom”
 
 
Ok then, come back soon” replied Kari as she went back to sleep. Davis' heart had stopped beating for a second and after a couple minutes he finally let out a big sigh of relief. That was way too close.
 
 
The goggle head turned his attention back to his digivice that had changed shape somehow. Why did my digivice changed, just like that? Better get Veemon. Davis quickly went to search for his small blue dragon partner, he moved around quietly not wanting to wake up anymore of his friends.
 
After a while he found his digimon partner by one of the last sits on the end of the right row. He was silently sleeping, that is if by silently you mean loud snoring. Davis started to shake its shoulders, “Wake up Veemon, I need your help”
 
 
“Five more minute” replied the sleepy blue dragon.
 
 
Davis sighed, when it came down to it his digimon wouldn't wake up even if there was an earthquake, but he had the ultimate weapon for waking him up, “Hey Veemon, you're not going to believe this, but a truck full of chocolate brownies just parked outside and they're giving out the whole thing for free”
 
 
After hearing those words, Veemon jumped up fully awake now, “Alright! Let's go and eat them all!” shouted Veemon with lots of enthusiastic in his voice.
 
 
“Quiet Veemon, do you want to wake everyone up?” said Davis.
 
 
Veemon looked around and noticed that he was still in the plane, “Where's the truck full of brownies?” asked Veemon.
 
 
Davis chuckles at his partner's desire for sweet treats, “Sorry pal, but I had to wake you up somehow”
 
 
“Oh” replied Veemon slightly disappointed, but quickly brushed it off and with a big smile he said, “That's alright Davish, so you need me for something?”
 
 
“Yeah c'mon pal, I need to show you something at the bathroom” said Davis.
 
 
“Alright if you say so” replied Veemon. The two friends began to walk towards the bathroom, being careful not to wake up anybody. Once they reached the bathroom, Davis turned on the lights, while Veemon jumped on the sink and waited for whatever Davis wanted to show him.
 
 
Once Davis closed the door he went to Veemon who was by the sink and took out the new digivice. Veemon stared at the strange device in front of him with a puzzle face, “What is it?”
 
“I think it's my digivice” replied Davis his eyes never leaving the device.
 
 
“What?! But your digivice looks nothing like this thing” Veemon said slightly shock.
 
 
“I know what you mean I didn't believe it either, but it's true. When I was back at my sit, the D-3 began to glow and it started vibrate very fast, soon it start to take a new form and it ended up like this” the teen explained.
 
 
“Well what does it mean?” ask Veemon.
 
 
Davis crossed his arms taking a thinking position, after a couple of minutes, “…I don't know”
 
 
Veemon sweatdropped and face-faulted at his tamers lack of knowledge for this sort of thing, “Man I wish Izzy was here, he would know why it did that, he knows everything”
 
 
“Yeah I know, but he's in Florida with Matt, Mimi, and Joe”
 
 
“Davish, why did they go to Florida without us?”
 
 
“Well I think that Matt was going to do some sort of concert there for Mimi's big party, so they went together. Joe said that his old college teacher was going to take him to Florida for some underwater research or something and Izzy went along with him saying something about researching wave patterns, or whatever that means” the teen shrugged.
 
 
“I see, well what are we going to do about this new digivice?” the blue dragon asked.
 
 
“Not sure, we could tell the others, but not right now `cause their sleeping” Davis started to put his new digivice away, when he accidentally press a button, “Let's wait until tomo-” the digidestined leader suddenly stopped when a strange voice began to speak in his head and strange images came to his mind.
 
“Dark and light, the ultimate powers-immortality-Digital World-Friends must not know-death bringer-murder-friends will die if they know-Good is dark and bad is light-Davis! Don't loose faith in Miracles!-Daemon! The new ruler of this world!-hope is for the weak-there is no light in the world-The Seven Demon Lords-Seven Deadly sins-Davis is dark, Daemon is light-The end of existence”
 
 
“AHHHHHH!” screamed Davis as he drops on both his knees holding his head like he was in massive pain; his new digivice that was in his right pocket was strangely glowing red, “Get out of my head, AHHHHH!”
 
 
“Davish what's wrong?!” shouted Veemon going to his partner's side.
 
----------
 
AAHHHHHH
 
The digidestined as well as the digimon were all brutally awakened by the loud scream of pain coming from a person. They quickly got out from their sits and headed towards the origin of the scream which was the bathroom. Once they arrived the digimon got in a fighting stance just in case some enemy was there.
 
 
“W-Who can be screaming there?!” asked Cody with some fear in his voice.
 
 
“I'm not sure Cody…wait, who is missing?” asked Ken looking around.
 
 
“Davis is the only one who isn't here with us” replied Kari with a voice that was full of worry for her leader and dear friend.
 
 
“Hold on Davis we're coming in to help you” shouted Tai as he did karate kick on the door opening it. Everyone gasped in both shock and fear when they saw their mighty leader on the floor, holding his head with his hands; his eyes widen with fear like someone or something was ripping him apart from the inside. Veemon was by his side, worry for his partner who would not stop screaming.
 
 
Everyone quickly rushed to their sides; Kari was gentle shaking Davis hoping he would snap out of it, “Please Davis wake up!”
 
 
Inside his mind Davis felt like someone was stabbing him to death, he could feel massive pain coming from inside his heart like something was trying to get in. After a while he could no longer feel the pain, but instead he felt a presence around him.
 
 
If you tell anyone about the digivice or of what you saw today, your friends will die…
 
 
And just like it came in it went away; the teenager finally stopped screaming and now he was breathing in a fast pace. After he finally began to breathe normally he looked around and found all his friends staring at him with worry faces.
 
 
“Davis what happened, are you ok?” asked a worry Sora was seemed like she would break down any second.
 
 
Davis was about to respond, but `that' voice came back again.
 
 
“They will die
 
 
The goggle head's eyes widen in fear once more. Ken was starting to get really worry about his best friend, this type of action wasn't like him. The digidestined of kindness kneeled down in front of his friend and put his hand on his shoulder, “Davis, are you ok?” he asked seriously.
 
 
“Y-Yeah, I don't know what came over me” replied Davis as he smiled at his friends, “Sorry for worrying you guys”
 
 
“Davis, are you sure you're ok? Did something happen?” asked Yolei worry for her friend who was more like a brother to her (because they definitely fight just like one).
 
 
Davis nodded slowly.
 
 
“But Davis you were screaming like you were in big pain, are you sure nothing happened?” said TK who was worry for his friend.
 
 
Davis would normally tell them what happen, but that voice inside of him kept on telling him his friends would die if he told them. Ken saw his friend's uneasiness every time one of his other friends would ask him what happened. I don't know what happened to Davis, but this isn't helping him.
 
 
“Guys, I think its better if Davis gets some sleep, we can ask him tomorrow, but right now its too late” said Ken standing up. His green worm digimon, Wormmon jumped on his shoulder and said, “You should get some sleep too, Veemon”
 
 
The spiky hair teenager and the blue dragon nodded and got up as they slowly made their way to their sits. The Digidestined as well as the digimon all watched as their leaders walked away. After Davis got to his sit, Tai turned to face Ken.
 
 
“Ken-” the once leader started.
 
 
Davis didn't look like he was in any shape to tell us what happened” replied Ken already knowing what his friend wanted to ask. Tai nodded understanding that it was for the best; everyone then walked back to their sits.
 
 
Once Kari arrived at her sit she noticed Davis wasn't there, instead he was a couple of sits behind her sitting with Veemon. The child of light frowned; she was hoping Davis would still sit next to her, for some reason she felt really warm when she was sleeping next to him. Kari looked at her leader once more before taking her sit.
 
 
Meanwhile, Davis and Veemon were sitting at the end of the row; Veemon felt the uneasiness in his partner, he was worried about something, but didn't want to tell him. There was a moment of silence between the two friends until Davis decided to end it.
 
 
“Veemon, I need you to not tell the other about my digivice, ok” the teen whispered silently so only his digimon could hear.
 
 
Veemon was surprise by this, it wasn't like Davis to keep things from his friends especially if it had to do with the Digital World, “But why Davish?”
 
 
“Just trust me alright Veemon, it's for the best that they don't find out” replied Davis with a serious voice as he layed back getting ready to sleep. The blue digimon had not heard that kind of voice coming from Davis since their final battle with MaloMyotismon, which was nearly three years ago.
 
 
I've never seen Davish act so strange before, did something happen? Veemon wondered as he got ready to go to sleep as well. Well if he doesn't want the other Digidestined to know than I won't tell them.
 
 
The two friends slowly drifted into a pleasant sleep, well at least one of them did in his mind, while inside the other one it was a living hell. No matter how hard Davis tried `that' voice would not get off his head.
 
 
“…They will die…”
 
----------
 
The bright sun spread its rays all over the summer land of Florida. It was hot day outside with yet a cool breeze perfect for a day at beach or just about anywhere; every person in Florida was enjoying their day by each doing their own activities like fishing, swimming, and etc. everyone would love to be in a day like this, especially our Digidestined and digimon.
 
 
After hours of flying on the plane it had finally arrived at Florida's airport. All the passengers were happy to finally arrive after a near 14 hours of waiting. Everyone was excited and ready to leave the plane.
 
 
Meanwhile the people waiting for their love ones to arrive were excited as well. Among those people, the last four Odaiba Digidestined were there waiting for their friends to come through those hallways so the fun can really begin.
 
 
“What's taking them so long? They should have been here ten minutes ago” asked a girl with light tan skin. She wore a small blue jean shorts that exposed most of her legs, which was perfect for all this heat. She also had a tight pink shirt with the words `Angel' written on it in silver glitter. Her hair passed her shoulders and was a brown-blonde color with dark brown streaks flowing from her scalp to the tips of her hair. The girl had a well-developed body in any person's eyes; with a pair of gorgeous brown eyes revealing her patients was reaching its limits.
 
 
“Well, Mimi not all flights come at the right time, this sort of things are to be expected, we just have to wait replied a red-haired teen that was typing on his laptop. Unlike his large spiky hair-style he used to have when he was a lot younger, his hair was shorter and neater now. He wore an open green shirt with an orange shirt that had stripes going across it. He also had a pair of brown shorts and a white shoe with green designs. Just looking at the way he typed on his laptop knowing exactly what to do, you would know he was a genius.
 
 
“Izzy is right, all we have to do is just wait” said a boy with blue hair as he pushed his glasses further up his nose. He was the tallest among the four and the oldest; he wore a long-sleeve blue collar shirt, the sleeves were rolled up making it look like a short-sleeve shirt, with a pair of brown pants and black shoes. He had a small blue book on his hand, “Wow, did you know some Sharks actually have poison in their fins” he was obviously reading a book about sea animals.
 
 
“Even so, they should have been here by now, it's a great sunny day and we're missing it” said the last of the boys. He had golden-blonde hair, which was spiked downwards with two dark blue color eyes. He wore a sleeveless black shirt; probably because it was so hot outside, that exposed his muscles that grown over the past three years (not that much of course). He had a pair of blue jeans that were slightly ripped; black sneakers with blue designs, around his wrist were black and blue wrist bands. He also carried a wide silver necklace around his neck. The teenager was playing small notes on his guitar, probably to pass time while he waited for his friends to arrive.
 
 
“I'm sure they will be here Matt” replied Izzy not taking his eyes off his laptop.
 
 
Suddenly, an announcement was heard, “The flight from Odaiba has finally arrived, the passengers will now be arriving, we apologies for the delay and we hope you'll have a good day”
 
 
“Finally they're here, let's go” said Mimi excited to see her friends as she quickly made her way to the double doors entrance where his friends will be arriving. The boys were right behind her excited to see their friends too.
 
 
The double doors were opened by two ladies who were in blue uniforms. Once it was open over a dozen passengers came out of the doorway, but there was no sign the rest of the Digidestined. After a while eight figures each with carry-on bags and one rather large bag came into view. Mimi waved her hands in the air with excitement, “GUYS OVER HERE!!”
 
 
Matt, Izzy, and Joe sweatdropped at her friend's ability to be really loud; of course it was helpful, now their friends knew exactly where they were.
 
 
“Mimi, Matt, Izzy, Joe it's so good to see you guys!” exclaimed Sora. The two female friends gave each other a quick hug.
 
 
“MIMI!” shouted Yolei as she jumped in her friends arms; Yolei considered Mimi to be her idol.
 
 
“Its good to see you too Yolei” replied Mimi.
 
 
“Took you guys long enough” said Matt as he approached his best friend Tai.
 
 
“Yeah, some kid threw up in the plane so they had to clean it up” replied Tai. Suddenly the large bag that Cody had been carrying began to move uncontrollably.
 
 
“Can we come out now?” a voice asked from inside the bag.
 
 
“Not yet, we first have to get out of the airport” replied Cody.
 
 
“Are the digimon inside that bag?” asked Joe. Cody nodded at the oldest boy in their group.
 
“Where are all of your digimon?” asked TK who had noticed they weren't there with them.
 
 
“They're waiting in the car since no pets are allowed in the airport” replied Izzy who had closed his laptop.
 
 
“Well then let's go!” exclaimed Yolei. Everyone nodded and began to walk towards the car. Davis who had his gym bag on his arm had remained silent during the whole conversation and as the others walked away he stood still staring at the ceiling with a blank expression like he was lost in thought which he was.
 
 
Mimi turned around and noticed Davis was still standing behind them, the others didn't noticed Davis absence since they were talking with one another, so Mimi went to Davis' side. She noticed the teen had been quiet the entire time and it was really strange to see him not talking at all; once she was by Davis side she gently poked him on his shoulder.
 
 
“Hey Davis, are you in there?” asked Mimi poking him again.
 
 
Davis snapped out of his thought and looked at Mimi, “Oh it's only you Mimi”
 
 
“Nice welcome, no `oh Mimi so nice to see you',” Mimi said pretending to sound hurt. Davis raised an eyebrow and then smiled at her friend. Being around Mimi always made him feel a lot better, she was always sincere and very straightforward about things, he liked that about her since most people like to keep thing to themselves, but not Mimi. She was also really sweet and a great person to talk to; it was actually Mimi who had suggested him his new style. It was after they talked that Mimi said he should change his style to a different one since he had changed so much in three years, she said this would show people how much he has change and it worked.
 
 
“Hey Mimi its great to see you, how have you been?” asked Davis this time with a big smile.
 
 
“Now that's much better” Mimi smiled back, “So tell me, did something happen to you? `cause you don't look like yourself today” asked Mimi with worry in her voice.
 
 
Davis felt bad that he was making his friend worry, “I'm ok Mimi really, and I just have a lot of thoughts going through my head right now, that's all”
 
 
“Well ok, if you say, but remember if you ever want to talk about it and I'm here for you, ok” said Mimi.
 
 
“Don't worry Mimi, you'll be the first person I talk to” replied Davis.
 
 
Mimi put her hand around his arm and started to pull him towards the others who by now were near the exit, “C'mon, we don't want to keep them waiting!” she said as they began to walk. Davis felt a little awkward walking so close with Mimi, but it also felt good, he didn't know why, but it did.
 
 
Once more that strange voice began to talk inside Davis head again, “The day of judgment is near…remember… ” the voice then slowly faded away. Davis was beginning to get really irritated by that voice. Why won't it go away and what does it mean by judgment day!
 
 
The child of Sincerity noticed Davis sudden uncomfortable ness. What's wrong Davis?Whataren't you telling me?She wondered as they continued to walk.
 
------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: So how did everybody liked this chapter, I hope everyone enjoyed this. By that way that strange voice inside Davis' mind is a sort of a messenger, so don't think he is crazy. Also, that scene in the bathroom was a sort of preview of what's to be coming soon. Just to keep you guessing on the couple a threw in a little Davis/Mimi part and a sort of Davis/Kari part. Anyways, I'll try to update this story really soon.
 
Shadow out…