Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Anniversary My Dear Daisuke ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Digimon 01 and 02 belongs to Bandai and Toei. Angel belongs to Tina Cousins. This fanfic plotline is mine.

__________________________________

Ken Ichijouji stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the Yagami residence. About half an hour ago he had called Tai to let him know that he was dropping by in hopes that the older digidestined to help him out with a certain problem. Pressing the doorbell, Ken only had to wait a few seconds before Mrs. Yagami answered it.

"Hello, Mrs. Yagami," Ken greeted, with a small bow. "Is Tai home?"

"Yes he is," she replied inviting him inside with a gesture. "He's currently in his room. Second door on the left and be sure to knock first. Tai appreciates that."

Ken toed off his shoes and slipped on a pair of slippers that were provided for guests and headed down to Tai's room, making sure to knock as Mrs. Yagami suggested.

"Come in," Tai called from the other side of the closed door and Ken entered. The chestnut haired older teen had been listening to a new CD that Mimi had sent him from America. Tai looked up from his computer and turned his chair to face the indigo haired teen as he closed the door after him. "Hey, Ken. What's up?"

"Tai, I need your help. You see, next week is Daisuke and mine first year anniversary and frankly, I don't know what to do. I mean, I've already gotten him a gift but… I want to make this special," Ken explained.

Tai thought for a moment. 'Hmm, something to make this event special… Let me think for a moment…'

"I've got it!" Tai exclaimed snapping his fingers. "How about we throw a kind of wedding reception?"

Ken blushed. "B-But we're not married…"

"Not yet anyway," Tai replied with a sly smile and a wink, making Ken blush harder. "What I meant was throwing a really big party that's kind of like a wedding reception. There's dancing involved provided by either a Deejay or a live band. There's also a huge ass cake involved."

"Sounds…interesting. Please continue," Ken said, interested.

"Well, during the reception, people give toasts to the newly wedded couple but since you guys aren't getting married, we change switch around the topic a bit. Oh, you'll love this. During the whole shebang, there's a separate dance for the couple and no one else is allowed on the dance floor. If you can find the right kind of song for that, it'll make the whole evening perfect," Tai said.

"It sounds like a wonderful idea and Daisuke would love something like that, but it sounds expensive," Ken replied.

"Well, I know a guy who owes me a favor so your cake will be provided for: half price and I'll pay for it so think of it as my gift to the both of you," Tai said. "I can email him and send him the cake order right now if you want."

"Okay," Ken said, taking a seat in the spare one next to Tai's desk. Tai booted up the site and had Ken look at the different styles of cakes.

"That one. The one with the burgundy and indigo orchids," Ken said.

"Prefect. Chocolate?" Tai asked.

"It's Daisuke's favorite," Ken replied, smiling.

"Okay, I've made the order and sent him the email, so the cake's taken care of. Now all we need to do is find a place to hold this event," Tai said.

"The owners of my apartment complex have the roof set up as a entertainment area for weddings, graduation parties and such. We can have it there," Ken said. "My mama said that if I need decorations that she'd provide them."

"Sounds good. Now all we need to do is send out invitations," Tai said.

"How about a simple email to our friends?" Ken suggested.

They talked about the time and date before sending the information.

"Now about the music…" Ken began.

"How about Yamato and his band? Last time I checked with Yamato, which was yesterday, he didn't have a gig and he doesn't charge much," Tai replied. He added with a smile, "Yet."

"That's fine," Ken nodded.

"And since we're on the subject of music, I think I've got the perfect song for you and Daisuke to dance to," Tai said, getting up to place a CD into his stereo. He pressed PLAY and sat back as Ken listened.

"Wow! That's… That's perfect," Ken whispered, deeply moved. "Her voice is so…wow."

"I thought you'd like it," Tai grinned.

"But, um, does Yamato have to sing it?" Ken asked. "Not that his voice is awful or anything but I think that someone with a softer singing voice should do it."

"Like me?" Tai asked, understandably since he could sing, but not very often or in public and his singing voice was much softer then Yamato's. Only a few, like Ken, knew that Tai could sing so well, perhaps even better then Yamato.

"Yeah," Ken replied a slightly embarrassed blushed.

"Sure!" Tai replied with a smile. "I'm more familiar with the song."

A knocking on the door interrupted their conversation.

"Yes?" Tai called and his mother peeked her head inside.

"Dinner will be ready in five minutes," she informed. "Ken, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Thank you but no. Mama is making her famous three meats stir fry tonight," Ken replied, checking his watch. "And I should be heading home now." He stood up and bowed to Tai. "Thanks for helping me out."

"No prob. See you later, Ken."

"Good night then," Ken said and left.

__________________________________

"Hey, Daisuke, you ready yet?" Jun asked, peeking her head into her little brother's room.

"Yeah," Daisuke replied, stepping out from behind a changing screen. He turned around once as his sister inspected his outfit. "What do you think?"

Daisuke wore a pair of cocoa brown colored khakis and a cream-colored turtleneck, ribbed sweater with cuffs that slightly over lapped his fingers.

"You look nice," Jun replied with a smile. "Ken is going to flip when he sees you."

Daisuke blushed. Jun was the only family member who knew that Ken and Daisuke were dating while their parents only thought that the two were friends. Jun sometimes wondered what her parents' reaction would be if they ever caught Ken and Daisuke making out behind his closed bedroom door.

'Probably not very well,' Jun answered herself, so she made sure that her parents never caught them since Daisuke did the same whenever her boyfriend come over.

"So how do I look?" Jun asked. She wore a white peasants' blouse, a black, flared shirt and a matching chocker around her neck. She'd grown her hair so that it was long like Kens and had the sides clipped back with a couple of black plastic barrettes.

"You look nice also," Daisuke replied. He checked his watch. "We should be going."

Daisuke approached his bed where Chibimon was sleeping peacefully and gently woke him.

"Time to go, buddy," Daisuke murmured.

"Don' wanna…" came a sleepy reply.

"Minimon's going to be there," Daisuke said, pulling out his trump card.

"Okay!" Chibimon chirped, wide-awake. Daisuke opened his book bag and Chibimon dove in only to squeal in delight as he discovered some chocolate bars, and began munching on them to keep him quiet. Daisuke joined Jun in the kitchen as she grabbed the picnic basket his mother had left and a note telling them to enjoy their party (and having no clue that it was a anniversary party).

"This'll be fun," Daisuke said as they took a cab to Ken's apartment complex, "We haven't gone on a picnic in a while."

Jun looked out the window trying hard not to burst out giggling since she knew the real reason to this gathering. Like Tai, Ken had come to her asking advise for a perfect first year anniversary present. The reason Ken chose to go to them was because, Jun was Daisuke's older sister and Tai was like the redhead's segregate older brother.

Inside and standing outside the Ichijouji's apartment door, Jun took Daisuke's book bag.

"I'll run up ahead to the roof while you wait for Ken," she said a disappeared.

Daisuke stood shifting his weight onto his other foot when a pair of arms reached around his waist and pulled him back up against a warm form as a very familiar voice purred sweet nothings into his ear.

"And a hello to you too, Ken," Daisuke said, shivering as Ken nibbled on the arch of his neck. He turned around and wrapped his arms around Ken's neck as his indigo haired lover kissed him fully and quite passionately on the lips. Ken reluctantly pulled back from the kiss, smiling when he watched Daisuke unconsciously lick his lips. Ken wore a pair of black khakis and a black silk blouse with the top three buttons undone. Tied around his neck was a Chinese coin strung on a piece of black cord that Daisuke had won for him at an arcade a while back. "Mmmm, you look good enough to eat."

Ken reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box, which he presented to Daisuke. "Happy anniversary, my love."

"You remembered," Daisuke smiled in surprise and delight, though he suspected that Ken wouldn't have forgotten. "Your gift is in my book bag, which Jun has at the moment."

"I'll open it later then," Ken smiled as he watched Daisuke open the box to reveal a gold ring with Daisuke's birthstone and amethysts (to match the color of Ken's eyes) embedded around the ring.

"Ken, it's beautiful!" Daisuke said, slipping it on his ring finger.

"Do you like it?" Ken asked, already knowing but he liked to ask just the same.

"I love it!" Daisuke said and locked him into a kiss.

"I have another surprise for you," Ken said pulling out a black, silk scarf.

A blush rose on Daisuke's cheeks. "Ooo, you wanna fool around with me blind folded, ne? I, um, had no idea you were into that kind of stuff."

"What?" Ken asked.

Daisuke bit his bottom lip and flashed him a coy smile. "But," he began, running his fingers up Ken's back; "I'm game if you are…" he left off brushing his lips against Ken's ear.

"Dai… I didn't…mmmm…" Ken purred as the redhead began nibbling in his earlobe. Ken shivered and gently pulled Daisuke off his ear. "That's not what I meant, Daisuke."

"It's not?" Daisuke pouted.

Ken used every once of will power not to pounce his love right then and there.

'Besides, you can do that later since your folks have gone out,' a voice inside told him that sounded very much like the Kaizer, Ken mused.

"No," Ken said, shaking his head. "I have a different surprise in mind."

"How about afterwards?" Daisuke purred while Ken tied the scarf around his eyes.

"Anything you want," Ken purred back, taking Daisuke's hand in his and led him up to the roof. He knocked on the doorframe before removing the blindfold.

"Surprise! Happy First Year Anniversary!" Jun, most of the digidestineds and a few of their closest friends cheered.

Daisuke stood blinking at the scene before turning to look at his boyfriend, whom was smiling away.

"Thank you," Daisuke smiled and kissed him.

The catcalls and whistles, most of the really raunchy ones coming from Tai, began once Ken dipped Daisuke and slipped him the tongue. Coming up for air, Ken led Daisuke to their table where Tai and Jun were seated. All of the other digidestineds and their digimon sat at their own tables. The only ones who hadn't come were Kari (mostly because she was still mad that TK had dumped her for Saionji, one of Daisuke's soccer team mates, but only after TK had seen the girl for her true colors) and Miyako because she was still pissed that Ken chose Daisuke over her. However, both of the girls' digimon partners came.

Tai walked up to the stage and picked up the microphone. "Ladies, gentlemen and fellow digimon. I present the happy couple of the hour: Ken Ichijouji and Daisuke Motomiya."

Everyone applauded.

"When they first met, Ken had Daisuke chained up along the side of a cliff. Guess he was into S and M from the start, ne, Ken?" Tai grinned.

Ken blushed.

"I mean, how can one explain that outfit," Tai added. "Hey, Ken, do ya still have that whip?"

"Yes," Ken replied.

"Have you been using it lately," Tai asked.

"Shut up, Tai!" Daisuke said, in good humor.

"Okay, okay, I'll shut up," Tai grinned (or rather shall we say 'still'?) and motioned to Yamato's band behind him. "Let's all dance and get this party started! Take it away, Yamato!"

"Tai certainly likes to be the center of attention, doesn't he?" Daisuke smirked.

"Like you don't?" Ken teased.

"Oh shut up and dance with me," Daisuke said, grabbing his hand.

Tai stood back watching the group on the dance floor. He'd wait after the first couple songs before taking over the stage again to sing the song he'd help Ken chose for their own slow dance.

'Yamato's in good voice tonight,' Tai thought, crossing his arms behind his head as he leaned against a flagpole that had white fairy lights strung around it. Tai watched the multi couples dance, and almost started when he saw TK and Saionji dirty dancing that was pretty close to making out on the dance floor. He looked around the place, noting how Mrs. Inchjiouji had a knack for teen aged party decorating. Multi colored fairy lights strung everywhere with white Chinese lanterns. Black, burgundy and indigo velvet table clothes with rose petals and metallic confetti sprinkled about the tops. She's even bought silver plastic goblets.

'I wonder if she'll decorate my place for my sixteenth birthday if I ask her?' Tai wonder. His beeper, which he had set on vibrate, went off and Tai checked it to see that the cake had arrived. 'Finally!'

Tai slipped out and headed to meet the deliver man.

"You Tai?' the man asked.

"Yep," he replied and the man handed him the box.

"Give my congratulations to the happy couple," he said, tipping his hat.

"Thanks," Tai said and headed back up to the roof. He went behind a screen and opened the box. Inside was a chocolate sheet cake with a whipped crème frosting decorated with burgundy and indigo orchids on the top, and crowned the bottom of the cake. Written in gold was 'Happy First Year Anniversary Ken and Daisuke'.

"Nice," Tai said, carefully taking the cake out of the box and placing it on a stroller. He then fished out a sliver cake cutter, placed it next to the plates and set a netted cover over the cake to keep the bugs off it until it came time to serve it.

Tai stepped back out just in time as Yamato ended his second song, and headed back up on stage.

"Okay, ladies and gents, clear the floor 'cause it's time for the couple to have their own slow dance!" Tai said into the microphone. He placed his hand over it as everyone cleared and said to Yamato, "Hey, click on my stereo for me, would you please?"

"Tai, you're not going to sing, are you?" the blonde asked, doing as Tai asked.

"Hell yes," Tai replied, sounding a little offended and turned back to the couple on the floor. "Dai, Ken, this song is just for you!"

The music began and Tai began.

"It's not enough to say you're beautiful

It's not enough to say I care

I was empty for so long

Then I heard your song

My jaded heart was filled with innocence forgotten"

Everyone was surprised at how soft and strong Tai's singing voice was.

"I thought Tai didn't know how to sing?" Sora whispered to Jyou.

"Neither did I," Jyou replied. "Looks like Yamato aren't the only one with talent."

"How was I to know that an angel would come calling for me?

How was I to know that heaven was so close?

I can feel your love all around me

I can feel your love surrounding

Heaven sent an angel into my life

It's not enough to say I think of you

It's not enough to say we love

How I prayed that you would come and melt me with your touch

Like the warmth of spring after the winter snow had fallen"

"This song fits our relationship perfectly, don't you think, Daisuke?" Ken whispered into his ear as they danced.

"Hmmm?" Daisuke murmured against his shoulder.

"When I was once the Kaizer and how you were the only one who trusted me afterwards, and offered me your friendship then your love," Ken continued. "I think this song fits us so perfectly well."

"Mmmm, Ken," Daisuke sighed.

"How was I to know that an angel would come calling for me?

How was I to know that heaven was so close?

I can feel your love all around me

I cal feel your love surrounding

Heaven sent an angel into my life

Angel, I hear you calling

Angel, I feel you near

Angel, I feel you calling

Angel…

I can feel your love all around me

I can feel your love surrounding

Heaven sent an angel into my life…"

Tai grinned as Ken and Daisuke ended the dance with a long kiss, and turned off the microphone so that high pitched, ear-shattering sound wouldn't be heard as he turned off his stereo and unplugged it.

"And since when can you sing so well?" Yamato asked, sliding his guitar back on.

"Since, like, forever," Tai replied with a playful smile. "There's a bunch of secrets that you don't know about me."

"I don't doubt that," Yamato murmured to himself as Tai jumped off stage.

"Tai, how come you never told us that you could sing so well?" Sora asked as Tai went to roll out the cake.

"Just 'cause," Tai shrugged.

"You've got a good voice," Sora said.

"Careful, Sora, or Yamato will get jealous of you complimenting another guy," Tai joked.

"Naw, we broke up a long time ago," Sora replied in a matter-of-fact tone while shrugging her shoulders.

"You're kidding?" Tai exclaimed. This was new to him since he hadn't known of their break up. 'Wait, this might explain that one time. Wow, no wonder why Yama was in a foul mood.'

"Excuse me, Sora," Tai said, rolling the cake out.

"What to do something later on?" Sora asked, following him.

"Um," Tai looked over at Yamato who was frowning at them. 'I don't think Yama would appreciate me going out with his ex since they've only been broken up for about a week. He might see me a little insensitive.' "Lemme get to you about that."

"Okay," Sora smiled. "Just don't take too long."

'God, she's a real piece of work,' Yamato snarled to himself as he watched Sora with Tai. 'We've only been broken up for a week and she's already making a move in on Tai! First she doesn't give him the time of day because she was only interested in me and then after a while of going out together, she dumps me just so she can go out with Tai! Oh yeah, she's a piece of work.'

__________________________________

Tai and Sora stayed behind to clean up after the party. Ken and Daisuke were currently in the indigo haired boy's room making out like crazy. Yamato stayed behind after the rest of his band cleared out, plucking tunes on his guitar that was still hooked up to his own ramp.

"So, Tai, did you give any thought as to what we talked about earlier?" Sora asked, tying her garbage bag closed.

Tai nodded. "Sure did."

"And?"

He smiled. "We~ell, since you and Yama only broke up last week, I'd say no chance in hell, Sora."

"Well, you don't have to be rude about it!" she snapped, tossing the garbage bag down.

"You guys only broke up last week so how am I supposed to act?" Tai asked, crossing his arms and cocked up an eyebrow. "Besides, before you and Yamato got together, I asked you a couple of times if you wanted to go out and you said no. Then you hook up with Yamato and I was cool with it after I got over it. And now after a brief relationship with my best friend, you guys break up or rather should I say, you dumped him, so you could ask me if I wanted to hook up with you? Please, if I got any of that wrong, then convince me otherwise, Sora."

Sora stood there, mouth opened. From where he sat on stage, Yamato smiled to himself.

"God, Tai, do you have to be such a jerk about it?" Sora huffed.

"Absolutely," Tai replied. "I don't like girls who jerk around with mine or other peoples' emotions."

Sora went to slap him but Yamato caught her hand, startling her.

"Don't you touch him," Yamato said, letting her go.

She looked at them with a frown before turning and left them to finish cleaning up the place.

"Bitch," Yamato said once she was gone.

"I swear interesting things go on in that girl's head. I feel like I don't know my friends at all," Tai said as he picked up the garbage bag Sora had left.

__________________________________

Ken was kissing his redhead's neck just when Daisuke's ears perked up when he swore he a door slam and someone stomping down a flight of stairs.

"What's wrong?" Ken asked, looking at the redhead.

"Thought I heard something," Daisuke said. He curled his hands into Ken's hair. "Never mind. Let's continue where we left off."

"Can do," Ken murmured against his neck.

"Mmmm, love when you do that, Ken…"

__________________________________

"Well, that's the last of it," Tai said, watching the garbage bag fall smack down into the dumpster in the alley below. He wiped his forehead. "Phew, I need a shower after all that and I'm hungry. Want to head back to my place? You probably need to shower after all that too."

"Sure, my dad won't care since he'll be working late again tonight," Yamato said, placing his guitar and amp into their carrying cases.

"I can grab your amp for ya," Tai offered, picking it up.

Both teens took a cab since it would next to impossible carrying the equipment into a subway. Unlocking the front door told Tai that Kari was about someplace and a note left by her in the kitchen confirmed his suspicions. Tai opened the fridge and found some left over sushi from dinner last night.

"Want a drink?" Tai asked.

"Sure," Yamato replied and Tai tossed him a can of cha before sitting at the counter, chugging down half his can and opened the container of sushi. He slid it between them if Yamato wanted some.

After finishing up the sushi leftovers, Yamato followed Tai into the bathroom.

"You can borrow some of my stuff while I toss yours into the washer," Tai said, looking through a basket of clean laundry he'd done earlier that day. While Tai changed Yamato smelled the clean shirt, noting the pleasantness of Tai's unique scent underneath the laundry detergent he used. Yamato quickly changed and joined Tai in the bathroom, who was already scrubbing his hair clean. Tai rinsed his hair and went over to the window with a shelf underneath where a CD stereo was placed and turned it on. The White Stripes soon filled the bathroom.

"What's that?" Yamato asked.

"The White Stripes. They're an American group. Mimi sent me some MP3s of a couple of their songs, I liked 'em so I bought them off a site in the net," Tai replied. "I've seen one of their music videos and it was neat."

"Wash my back?" Yamato asked, holding up a washcloth.

Tai took it from him. Yamato almost purred as his friend washed his back. It felt nice. He returned the favor and both rinsed off before seated themselves in the furo for a good soak.

"Hey, Yama, if I had said yes to Sora, would have you been mad?" Tai asked out of curiosity.

"Yes," the blonde replied.

"Wow! It's a good thing that I did say no," Tai said, rubbing the back of his head.

"But only because you were dating her rather then me," Yamato added.

"H-Honto?" Tai blushed.

"Hai," Yamato replied and reached over to place a quick kiss on Tai's lips. Tai reached his arm out and pulled Yamato back over for a longer kiss. Yamato settled himself next to Tai and stretched an arm out on the edge of the furo behind Tai's shoulders.

"So, how long have you felt this way?" Tai asked. "'Cause I've always felt like this but I was scared of letting you know in case you didn't feel the same so that's why I asked Sora out."

"I think it I've always have without realizing it until I started dating Sora. While we went out, I would catch her checking you out and I got jealous, and I wondered what was it about you that she found interesting," Yamato said. "Then I found myself finding you interesting and I wanted to ask you out but I wasn't going to suddenly dump Sora so I could ask you out, and make it seem how insensitive I was. However, Sora beat me to it because I guess she couldn't wait to start dating you."

"Understandable," Tai nodded. "So what now?"

"How about going out with me tomorrow?" Yamato asked. "Maybe catch a movie?"

"Okay," Tai replied. "Want to stay the night?"

"Hell yes," Yamato replied and pulled Tai into a kiss, which would to another among other things in the near future.

End