Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Harsh Memories ❯ First night alone ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Takeru wandered the now-busy street aimlessly. He had considered trying to get to Yamato's, but realized that his O-Kaa-san would have already contacted his O-Tou-san and had probably found out about Yamato and Dai's apartment. < She'd probably make that her first stop... I hope O-Nii-san is okay...> Takeru winced softly as his leg landed onto the pavement. He shifted Patamon's small weight as he continued to make his way down the packed sidewalk. Patamon muttered something softly as he tried to curl himself farther into Takeru.

Takeru stumbled forward for what seemed like an hour. Finally he came within sight of his destination. The first strand of trees marked the small park that rested near his apartment. Takeru groaned in relief as he walked onto the softer grass. He staggered over to a smaller section of the park that contained most of the climbing gear and a few sets of swings. Takeru staggered over to the swings and threw himself onto the nearest set.

Takeru moved slowly, cradling Patamon as he moved him into his lap. He tried to avoid waking the small digimon as he slowly began bandaging the smaller creature's legs. He used about half of the bandages and sports tape he had brought from his bathroom on his small partner before turning to his own injuries. After finishing with his arm, Takeru leaned into the swing and began to slowly push himself back and forth, pushing his emotions away with each swing.

---------(Hida apartment)---------

Iori lay on his bed, attempting to catch his breath. He was sure his O-Kaa-san had finally snapped. Immediately after Takeru had left their apartment, Tsuneko had hauled the small boy off to the mall, forcing him to shop for winter cloths. Iori sighed as he eyed the large stack of bags lying on his desk. He was dreading the inevitable de-tagging he would have to do in the next few hours.

Iori rolled onto his side and stared out his balcony door. He watched the clouds slowly pass over the skyline as the sky began to slowly darken. He sighed as he wished that Takeru could have spent more than one night with him. Iori's vision began to blur as he thought about all that Takeru had done for him in the last few days. From being there for him when His O-Jii-san had died, to buying his O-Jii-san's shinai for him.

Iori moved slowly, as he felt Upamon hop onto his bed and snuggle against his small body. Iori sighed as he rolled over to regard the small beige fluff ball. "Upa-chan? Is there something wrong? You look kind of worried," Iori asked quietly. "Io-kun.... I'm not sure... I heard something odd while you were gone... and it came from Take-kun's apartment."

"What did you hear Upa-chan?"

"Well, I thought I heard a lot of crashing and then.... I heard something that sounded like Pata-chan screaming," Upamon said as a small amount of fear edged its way into his voice. Iori's face drained of blood as he regarded what Upamon had said. He began to think of exactly what might have happened had Natsuko found out about his and Takeru's relationship.

Iori moved quickly as he left his room. He ran through his apartment and burst out of the front door. He practically flew down the flight of stairs, and rocketed through the hallway heading towards Takeru's apartment. As he approached the apartment he immediately noticed the glass surrounding the doorway. Iori gasped mentally as his mind raced. As he reached the door he noticed a small note pinned onto the door.

"To anyone it may concern.

I am leaving my apartment, as I have found the need to find new residency. I have come to

Realize a few things about my neighbors that I cannot live with. I have also found out a few things

about my own family which has forced me to abandon them. Thus I have decided to leave here

without a forwarding address.

Sincerely

Natsuko Takahashi."

Iori shuddered as he read the last few lines and thought about what must have happened to Takeru. Without thinking of himself, Iori rushed downstairs till he reached the lobby. He ran through the doorway and out into the now cold evening.

---------(Yamato and Daisuke's apartment)---------

Yamato threw the nearest object he could find at the wall. The small pillow thudded dully against the wall, then proceeded to slide down. Yamato sighed bitterly. He had just finished a horribly draining telephone call with his O-Tou-san, who had proceeded to recount a conversation he had with Natsuko. Yamato picked up a small clock that rested on the TV stand, and proceeded to fling it in a random direction. Yamato was disappointed when a certain red haired boy leapt from his place on the couch and caught the offending clock. "Yama-chan... you really need to learn to calm down..."

"Calm down! How can you say that after what just happened? We don't even know where Takeru is anymore, besides what might have happened to Iori-chan! What happens if we don't find him? I can't lose him after he finally got over the accident," Yamato continued to rant as Daisuke wisely began to tune the older blonde out.

Daisuke snapped to attention a few minutes later as the phone began to trill softly. He walked over, avoiding his enraged koi and picked the offending item up. "Moshi Moshi, Ishida-Motimiya residence," He spoke softly, trying to keep Yamato from knowing that someone else was calling them. Daisuke let out a sigh of relief as he recognized the voice on the other end, "Dai-chan! Have you seen Takeru-kun anywhere? " came Iori's soft voice. "No Io-kun... we haven't heard a word... although I hope for Natsuko's sake that Takeru isn't hurt. I don't know what Yama-kun would do if Take wound up injured."

"Well, I think that might be the case Dai-chan... when I went to the Takahashi residence I found this odd note, which said that Natsuko was leaving town and had abandoned Takeru. I've been looking for the last hour or so but I couldn't find him anywhere... I would appreciate you guy's help."

"Of course Io-kun. I'll tell Yama just as soon as he's calmed down enough to be manageable... although that may take a few hours. Anyways, I will call you when I manage to drag Blondie off. You have your cell phone?"

"Yeah, I have it. I'll be waiting... bye," With this the phone line was abruptly cut off. Daisuke sighed unhappily as he considered the task ahead of him. He had to find someway of calming Yamato down enough so that they could try and find Takeru. He slowly marched back into his living room.

---------(Park)---------

Takeru had finally fallen into a fitful sleep as the sun finally began to slip below the horizon. He was currently entombed within on of the many pipe like structures that were planted around the park. Takeru's breathing began to settle as he slowly allowed his body to relax. He still kept one protective arm around Patamon as the small Digimon finally had a fitful rest since they left the apartment. They both began to snuggle together, seeking some warmth from the now-cold pipe.