Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ The Key is Born ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 2 The Key is Born
Chapter 1
 
"I can feel it; my revival will soon be within my grasp. Your human counterpart shall soon be born into the world, my dear friend," a voice spoke out from a large bubble of light. "You can feel her as well, can't you, Enryamon? You know your duty, the purpose for your creation. Together with that human you will set me free from this imprisonment."
In the human world a woman with long black hair wearing a hospital gown was rushed into the delivery room, a man with curly brown hair right beside her, holding her hand.
"Everything's going to be great, you're doing fine, sweetie," the man encouraged.
"She's in such a hurry," the woman panted as she winced.
The couple entered the delivery room and within a few minutes they were rewarded with a baby girl.
"Darling, isn't she precious?" the woman asked as she looked down at the tiny baby in her arms, wrapped in a pink receiving blanket.
"What should we name her?" the man asked as he cupped his hand around his daughter's cheek.
"Sakiko," the woman suggested.
"Perfect," the man agreed with a smile.
"What an interesting birthmark," the nurse pointed out as she glanced down at the baby.
"Hmm?" the man and woman asked as they looked at their daughter's tiny right hand where a birthmark in the shape of the character for heart was revealed as she opened her hand and reached out to grab her father's finger.
"Well now, what a special child," the nurse smiled as she turned to leave.
"What do you mean by that?" the man asked.
"Oh, nothing, really, it's just an old story from my family," the nurse responded as she turned back to face the happy family.
"What kind of story?" the woman asked.
"Well, it's all centered around another world connected with our own," the nurse started. "Kind of silly, isn't it?"
"Yeah, I guess," the man agreed.
"According to the story, the appearance of that birthmark announced the beginning of the end for that connecting world unless people from our world were to enter that world and return the warrior of spirit to its original self," the nurse explained. "But it's just a silly story that my grandmother told us on her deathbed, nothing to worry about."
"Of course," the mother smiled nervously.
A few years passed by, and by Sakiko's third birthday she had decided that she wanted to go to school with the older children. Her parents respected her wishes and allowed her to enter first grade, with some strong persuasion to convince the school to let her in. She made a friend rather quickly, Kimura Kouichi, and two years into their friendship, they were greeted by another neat friend.
The two friends were hanging out in the park, just outside of their parent's eyesight when they came across an old shed.
"I wonder what's in there," Sakiko commented.
"I don't think we should, Kiko," the black-haired Kouichi pointed out. "It doesn't look too safe."
"Safe, smafe," Sakiko brushed it off as she started climbing the steps to the shed. "What is that?" she asked as she peeked in the door to see a small white creature with small golden wings on its back and large golden eyes. "It's so cute!"
Sakiko can't help herself as she entered the shed to cuddle the creature. Kouichi caught up with her to see this strange creature wrapped in her arms as she smiled and held it close.
"Kiko, what are you doing?" he demanded, startled immediately. "That could be dangerous." He couldn't help but feel like an older brother when it came to her.
"I'm not dangerous," the white creature responded. "I'm Cupimon, a Digimon."
"Digimon?" Sakiko blinked, releasing the creature and looking at it with curiosity in her eyes.
"Yes, a Digimon, a Digital Monster," Cupimon explained.
"So cute!" Sakiko squealed. "Can I keep it?"
"No, you can't keep it. What would your parents say?" Kouichi pointed out.
"I don't care, I'm keeping it," she shrugged as she grabbed Cupimon by the hand. "Come on, Cupimon, let's go home together!"
"Ok," Cupimon agreed as it followed Sakiko out of the shed.
"My name is Sakiko," she introduced herself as she headed back towards her parents. "And that's my friend, Kouichi."
"Seriously, what are our parents going to say?" Kouichi commented.
"If it's a problem I can hide in your bag," Cupimon suggested.
"How are you going to do that? You're too big," Kouichi sighed.
"Just watch," Cupimon smiled as he pulled his hand back from Sakiko and started to glow.
"What's going on?" Sakiko asked as she watched the light begin to shrink.
"Stay away from it," Kouichi demanded as he ran over and guarded her against the light.
When the light faded away, in Cupimon's place was an even smaller white and pink creature. It's face and body were white, however, it's head, ears, hands, and feet were all pink.
"Hello, I'm Puttimon, I'm the Baby form of Cupimon," the new creature introduces itself. "And see, how I can fit in your bag."
"You can," Sakiko smiled. "Isn't that great, Kouichi?"
"No, it's not. And there's no way that I'm gonna let that thing go anywhere with us," Kouichi stated.
"Just trust me, Kouichi, he's not a bad guy," Sakiko begged.
"All right," Kouichi sighed in defeat as Sakiko cheered and opened her bag for Puttimon who hopped right in.
Eventually the three became good friends, and Kouichi no longer distrusted the little creature. Everything was great, however, after a year Cupimon/Puttimon disappeared without a word. Sakiko was devastated, but she tried to keep her spirits up so as not to worry her parents.
A year after Cupimon's disappearance, Sakiko's mother got deathly ill and passed on, leaving Sakiko and her father all alone. But the disasters didn't end there, for a year after her mother's demise, Sakiko's father was hit with a similar disease. He held onto his independence for a full six months but was soon hospitalized and a month into his hospitalization, he fell into a coma.
Sakiko was left alone to take care of herself. Slowly, she started going to school less and less, hanging out with Kouichi less and less. She got multiple paper route to occupy her day and earn money to help pay for the bills that her father could not cover. She didn't let anyone else know what was happening, not even Kouichi, she was too afraid that he wouldn't want to be her friend anymore. She was alone, and she couldn't see dealing with everything any other way.