Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 7 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 7 The Holographic Map
"I doubt a belt will help," Koji comments.
"No kidding, he's just hopeless," J.P. agrees.
"Aw, come on, guys, it's not that bad," Takuya insists.
"Yeah right, it's worse than bad, it's terrible!" Zoe shouts.
I can't help but just stand and laugh at the group's carefree manor.
Suddenly my heart skips a beat as a new darker laugh echoes those of my own.
Everyone stops and looks up immediately, a little freaked out.
"Who's there?" Takuya shouts out.
The laugh simply continues.
"It can't be . . ." I think out loud.
"What's wrong, Sakiko?" Takuya asks.
"I . . . no," I shake my head. That can't be . . . it just can't be . . . not here . . . not like this. Not now! Not after what I just said! He couldn't have heard my secret! My hands cover my face which I'm sure is red once again. No, now he'll hate me for sure! I can't take it anymore. I'm never gonna be able to see him again! I'm gonna have to change schools! I'm gonna have to go back down to my grade! I don't disserve to be at his level of education!
"Yo, what's your problem, Sakiko?" Takuya asks.
That's when I realize that I had been tossing my head around with my thoughts, probably looking like an idiot.
"N-n-nothing, Takuya, but, can we just get out of here?" I ask.
"What for?" Zoe asks. "I thought we had ourselves a plan."
"Can't we just forget the plan? I just want to get out of here," I beg.
Suddenly the device in my pocket starts to make another static noise. I pull it out to try and figure out what happening and a small arrow appears on a holographic screen that pops up above it in the shape of a sphere. The arrow is pointing to a dot and the device continues to make a beeping sound.
"What's going on?" I ask in confusion.
"That's a Detector, it's trying to lead you to something," J.P. explains.
"How do you turn it off?"
"You find the thing it's leading you to," Koji responds.
But, what if it's trying to lead me to . . . "What happens if I don't want to follow it?"
"I'd follow it. I'm not sure what happens to a person when they don't but it's always led us to very helpful things. Who knows, maybe it'll lead you to your friend," Tommy suggests.
That's what I'm afraid of. "I say we ignore it, and get on our way," I state with a smile as I jam the device into my bag and place my bag on my back.
BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.
The annoying beeping continues but I just smile and start walking in the opposite direction of where the arrow was pointed.
"Hold it," Koji comments, grabbing the loop on my bag as I pass him and he pulls me to a stop.
"What?" I ask, looking up at him.
The next thing I know he's reached into my bag and pulled out the device and is examining it. The beeping stops and the hologram map disappears. I sigh to myself in relief.
"You got it to stop, how'd you do it?" I ask.
"That's easy, it will only appear for the one who owns the Detector," Bokomon answers.
Koji looks down at the Digimon and back at me, making eye contact before shoving the device into my hand and holding my hand from the bottom around it.
I blush deep at the feel of his hand against mine and I can't help but think that he's Kouichi and not Koji. The beeping continues and the map returns.
"Come on, let's follow it," Zoe commands.
"But . . . what if it's a trap?" I ask, Koji still holding my hand.
"Then we'll deal with it when we get there. But normally our Detectors lead us away from danger and back on track to what we're suppose to be doing," Koji answers.
"But . . ."
"No buts about it, Sakiko! It might be Kouichi, and he might need your help!" Zoe shouts. "That's rather selfish of you to not want to go help your friend just because you're scared!"