Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 14 ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 14 Save the Worlds
"Heavens no, Sakiko, your destiny is much bigger than something as trivial as reuniting those two. You are to play a key role in the future of both the Digital and Human worlds. Remember that," the voice explains.
"Me? Play a key role in the future of two worlds? I highly doubt that."
"How could you doubt something so special about yourself?"
"Simple, people like me don't have big roles in anything."
"People like you?"
"Yeah, people like me. Cry babies, wimps, pathetic losers. It's people like Takuya and Koji who change the world. They're enthusiastic, brave, strong, and are willing to protect their friends with their lives."
I have a seat on a rock, holding my D-tector in front of me.
"What if I were to tell you that their abilities were nothing compared to the ones you harbor and are not even aware of?
"I'd probably ask for the nearest shop in order to get you fixed so that you can start thinking clearly again," I mumble.
"That's not very nice."
"No, but it's the truth," I sigh.
"The truth is, my dear, you were brought here to fulfill a destiny even more important than the ones those other kids came here to fulfill. You and Kouichi both, that's why you were brought so abruptly while the others took their time."
"What kind of destiny could be more important than saving the world?" I ask in a confused voice as I cock an eye brow at my D-tector.
"Exactly! Nothing is more important than that. Don't you get it? Doesn't the whole ten Legendary Warriors story Bokumon keeps saying sound a little too clean? I mean really, how could one Digimon turn five of the Legendary Warriors evil? If you ask me, I'll tell you the truth about what's going on here."
"Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that what Bokumon and the others are saying is false?"
"Yes! It's impossible to turn one of the Legendary Warriors evil, every Digimon knows that. However, in order to destroy the world, Ophanimon came up with a plan to bring five humans to this world to become five of the Legendary Warriors, that way she could persuade them into thinking that what they are doing is the right thing to do. She fooled them into thinking that the good guys are really the bad guys. Being from a different world, the humans wouldn't know any better, so they would use the powers of the Legendary Warriors, to fight as they were told. But if they continue to fight, and are not stopped they will destroy the Digital World, as well as the Human World."
"So, they're all being manipulated. Doesn't that mean that the other five Warriors, the group that Kouichi is with, are trying to save their friends?"
"Indeed. The five Legendary Warriors that are supporting Cherubimon are constantly trying to make your human friends realize how grave of a mistake they are making."
"Then, why not just have a talk with Takuya and the others instead of fighting?"
"The humans don't want to talk, they only wish to fight. You must stop them before they ruin the worlds. Our homes, Sakiko! You're the only one who can, before it's too late."
I nod my head, "I'll do it."
With that, the screen goes blank and the D-tector goes quiet.