Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 21 ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 21 Useful
"Hang on, Sakiko, I'll take care of this," Beowulfmon states as he turns to face Kouichi.
I look on in amazement; he was so brave; if anyone was going to change the world it was going to be him, not me. I couldn't even help my best friend when he seemed to need me the most, or my parents for that matter.
Suddenly, Kouichi turns around and takes off, heading out of Sukkakumon through the pathway shaped like an eye. Beowulfmon panics as he grabs me off the ground and follows after the dark Digimon.
We make it out of Sukkakumon unharmed, and when I look over his shoulder I see that Zoe, Tommy, and J.P., are down on the ground on the other side of Sukkakumon.
"Beowulfmon, we're going the wrong way, the others are over there," I tell Koji in his Digimon form.
"I'm sorry, but I've gotta figure this out," Beowulfmon apologizes as he continues to follow Kouichi's Digimon form.
"Oh," I state, realizing that all I can do now is just be patient and enjoy the ride.
After some time we come to a weird building type place and Kouichi disappears.
"Now where'd he go?" Beowulfmon asks in frustration as he looks around.
I attempt to find him as well, looking around with my eyes from Beowulfmon's arms.
"Sakiko, I'm going to put you down now, stay close to me for the time being, but when you get the chance make a run for it and get out of here," Beowulfmon states as he begins to put me on my feet. "It's not safe in here; I've got a bad feeling about this place."
I nod my head; after all, I also have a bad feeling, however, it's not really coming from the building, it's coming from my concern for Kouichi.
He places me on my feet and I remain close to him as he moves cautiously through the building, the presence of Duskmon too close for me to feel safe enough to make a run for it, but too far to be able to locate.
Suddenly, a giant red and black bird-type Digimon comes out and attacks Beowulfmon, who pushes me out of the way.
"Who are you?" Beowulfmon demands.
"I'm Velgemon," the Digimon responds as it keeps attacking.
I recognize the signals his Digital form gives off and gasp.
"Beowulfmon, that's Kouichi!" I announce.
"What?" Beowulfmon asks.
"That's Kouichi," I repeat. "I just know it is, maybe this is his Beast Spirit."
Beowulfmon nods. "All right, I've got everything in here, you get out of here, Sakiko; it's too dangerous."
I nod and head for the nearest exit, trying with all my might not to look back.
What am I going to do? I think to myself as I run. Wait, I know, I'll go find the others and lead them here, that way they can help out.
That was it, that is my new mission now, 'find the others and bring them here', what a brilliant plan, right? But, whatever, it's all I have to keep me feeling at least somewhat useful.
By the time I catch up to the others and lead them back to where Beowulfmon and Velgemon are fighting the fight is over. Koji meets us in his human form just outside of the crater where the building-type place once stood.
"What happened?" Takuya asks.
"I'm not entirely sure," Koji admits.
I can't stop myself from running up to him and throwing my arms around his neck.
"Sakiko?" Zoe asks.
"Thank goodness you're all right," I sob, tears forming in my eyes. "I was so worried that something was going to happen."
Koji pats my back, assures me that he's fine, and then I calm down, releasing him with a huge blush on my face, only to find a matching blush on his face.