Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon'sTreachery 23 ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star
Chapter Twenty-Three
"Sakiko!" Koji's voice hits my ears.
This is it, isn't it? This is the end, I think as Velgamon's talons begin to loosen their grip on my body.
Before I'm fully free, I lose consciousness.
Third person's POV
Velgamon releases Sakiko, but her body doesn't fall, it floats as it begins to glow a warm red color, as if she were digivolving again. Wings appear on her back, holding her up, face to face with Velgamon, even though it's obvious that she's no longer conscious.
"What's going on?" EmpererGreymon asks, looking up at the girl.
"I don't know," Beowulfmon responds.
"Promise that we'll stay for the sunset
and when the moon shines through the darkness
we can find the path
that leads up home
and on the way you'll
maybe
sing me a song"
"Where's that coming from?" Beowulfmon asks as they look around.
"Ki...ko?" a more human-like voices comes out of Velgamon's body as he holds his head.
"Whatever it is, I think it's working," EmpererGreymon points out as Velgamon's body begins to morph between his Digimon form and that of a kid almost identical to Koji.
"Promise that you always will be there
hold my hand
if ever I'm real scared
help me stand up tall
if I fall down
make me laugh away
all my bluest days"
"Stop it," Velgamon begs, trying to maintain his form.
The light exploding from Sakiko's body brightens as she begins to lower in the air, falling towards the ground on her back slowly.
"How could you promise you always would be there
why'd you have to go away somewhere
every morning into every night
do you watch over me
like the sun in the sky
am I all alone
or standing in your light
I wish that I could
maybe
sing you a song
tonight"
Pieces of Sakiko's body begin to slip away like data as she approaches the ground.
"Sakiko," Beowulfmon and EmpererGreymon whisper in shock, knowing that she's gone.
"Kiko!" the human-like voice screams out from Velgamon's body as the data completely falls away. "Kiko! Don't leave!"
He begins to do a nose dive towards Sakiko as she goes into the opening of the ground.
"You promised me we'd stay for the sunset."
With that, Sakiko's body completely vanishes, right before reaching Beowulfmon and EmpererGreymon.
"Kiko!" Kouichi screams in pain as he watches the last pieces of data disappear.
Beowulfmon catch the crying Kouichi before he hits the ground and then both he and EmpererGreymon dedigivolve.
"Why?" Kouichi asks in tears. "Why did she do that?"
"Isn't that obvious?" Takuya asks, on the brink of tears himself. "She wanted you to be happy."
"How can I be happy with this?" Kouichi asks, pushing away from Koji and slamming his fist on the ground.
"She was just trying to help you," Koji points out. "She wanted you to be the person that she knew…and…loved. That's why she sacrificed herself."
"What?" Kouichi's eyes widen.
"Yeah, she said that she loved you," Takuya explains. "So don't you dare let her sacrifice be in vain."
Kouichi's eyes fill with water and he winds up crying into Koji's chest.