Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden confessions ❯ Why? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why?

Sam lay his hands on his lap. He looked at the big clock that was hanging in the waiting room. It had been two hours since Ken was brought in.

He looked aside to see his mother still crying softly.

"Mom please don't cry, Ken will be fine. He's strong"

"But why did he do this? Was it something we did?"

"I guess Ken was very depressed"

"But he tried to end his life! And then there is the fact that he cut his wrists, it's just horrible!"

True, But we also have to try to understand him"

"Understand him?"

"Yeah, why he did this for example"

"And do YOU know why he did it?"

"I can't believe what I'm hearing! You mean you didn't notice Ken was depressed lately because of Daisuke's departure?!"

His mother looked down ashamed and shook her head. "I thought he was doing fine"

"Does this make me a bad mother?"

Osamu's face softened. "Your not a bad mother, mom. Your a great mom actually, but I really thought you noticed.

"And I didn't, and see what happened"

"Stop blaming yourself! He gently took his mother's hand in his own. "It's not your fault mom, it isn't"

She gave Osamu an uncertain look. "It isn't?"

"No, it's no ones fault, not mine, not yours, no ones. No one could have expected this to happen"

"your right Osamu, like always"

"When he comes home and even before that, we have to support him and try to comfort him as much as possible"

"And how do we do that?"

Osamu chuckled. "you know, spoil him a little"

His mother nodded. "I understand"

"Mom, Now I have a question to ask you"

"What is it dear?

" Do you think I should inform Daisuke about this?"

"I think you should, he has the right to know. And I think Ken would appreciate it and would see him as a great support to"

"Yeah your right. I am going to pay him a little visit tomorrow, since it is to late to do it now"

His mother nodded in agreement and together they waited. Waited for news about their son and brother.