Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I Love You... I'll Kill You ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inspired by my vast CD collection, especially a song called I Love You... I'll Kill You off of Enigma's The Cross of Changes Album. Thanks to my muses, I can't listen to ANYTHING nowadays and not get a story out of it...
I also think that this sucks... but I'll let you be the judge. I think all my fics suck... ^_~
BTW, Digimon Adventure 02 and its characters do not belong to me... If it did, then episode 50 would end in a totally different way. Keeping that in mind, this story contains strong Shounen-Ai overtones... which basically means guy liking guy, guy tries to get said guy, guy gets said guy, two guys kiss, and two guys go off and do things that you can go read about in a Yaoi story. Saying this, the main coupling is Kensuke, and this takes place when Ken is the Digimon Kaiser. The simple fact being that I haven't written Ken as the Digimon Kaiser and I wanted to try it... So here goes!!!
Words in italics are song lyrics, words in ** are personal thoughts.


I Love You... I'll Kill You
By: Robin Terrae


I see love, I can see passion


Ken Ichijouji was no stranger to emotion, no matter how much he tried to tell himself otherwise. For instance, contempt was an emotion, a negative one, but one nonetheless, one he felt for most, if not all, his fellow people. Another was anger, one that the self-proclaimed Digimon Kaiser was feeling now. And another, as much as he denied and declared it wasn't there, was love...


I feel danger, I feel obsession


Daisuke Motomiya was not one who most people considered bright and smart, but the goggle wearing boy did have moments of insight that left even the usual voicetrious Miyako Inoue without a snappy comeback. He was also one who was capable of deep personal thoughts, and tended to fall into one of those moods where he sat and stared for hours, and no one could get him out of them. Not even Hikari Yagami.

He sat in one of these moods now, and not even his faithful Digimon partner, knew how to bring him out of these moods. So instead, Chibimon sat and stared, hoping that whatever was bothering his partner wasn't too serious...


Don't play games with the ones who love you


Love? Such an abstract concept, one that no person can accurately describe its affects. Some say it can cause a speeding of the heartbeat, while others say it's warmth that fills you. Others claim that there is no accurate description of its affects, but when you fall in love you will know. For there is no world... no universe for you without that person there; for life has no meaning unless that person is there. And love is unpredictable in its ways, there is no way of knowing who you fall in love with, for it will simply happen with no warning.

It was in this definition of love, that two young boys found their problems. On different sides on one line, they find themselves drawn to one another... so deeply and so tightly, that soon neither will be able to deny it.


Cause I hear a voice that says
I love you... I'll kill you



Ken clenched his fist in anger, narrowing his eyes and grinding his teeth together. From behind him, Wormmon watched his master silently, afraid to say anything. He knew better that to upset Ken when the boy was in one of his moods, and right now the boy was definitely in one of his moods. And for some reason that Wormmon couldn't understand, it started when one of the Chosen Children, the one with the goggles, had started to flirt with the one girl dressed in pink. It wasn't even over the fact that the children managed to destroy a couple of Dark Towers, it was over simple flirting...

Wormmon wondered, and Ken silently contemplated.


Loneliness, I feel loneliness in my room...


Two different locations; one a simple bedroom in Odiaba, Tokyo, Japan; and the other, a simple throne room in the Digital World. Two young boys, each silently questioning the world around them, wondering if fate was playing a cruel joke on them.


Look into the mirror of your soul


Chibimon almost jumped with joy when he saw his human partner move. But his grin fast became a frown when he saw that Daisuke had simply moved his hand to trace a pattern in the glass of the windowpane. Not for the first time, he wondered what the boy was seeing, wondered what had grabbed his attention.

He wondered about the blue eyes that Daisuke mumbled about in his sleep.


Love and hate are one in all


Wormmon wondered about the secret pain that flashed through Ken's eyes whenever he watched the replay of the Kaiser's last battle with the Chosen. More than once it seemed as if his Master was reaching out a hand at the last moment to touch something on the screen, only to pull it back.


Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me


Daisuke watched people play outside, his eyes downcast and sad. Chibimon noticed and tried to cheer up his partner by crawling in his lap and trying to get Daisuke to pay attention to him instead of whatever was making him sad. But it didn't work; instead all he received was a pat on the head, and Daisuke's return to the window.

But that was enough for the Digimon. At least he let Daisuke know that the boy wasn't alone.


You'll see the face who'll say:


The monitor's screen was frozen, capturing one face on its surface. Ken smiled as he realized that this angle had captured the beautiful face of the new leader of the Chosen Children. He reached out with a gloved hand, and Wormmon swore that he heard the young boy say something...


I love you... I'll kill you...
But I'll love you forever



Daisuke shivered in his warm room and Chibimon, who had sleepily dozed off in Daisuke's arms, glanced up at him, red eyes worried. The chocolate brown eyes of his human partner glanced around him, as if looking for something... or someone.

"Daisuke?" Chibimon asked, "Are you alright?"

Daisuke started, then looked down at the Digimon in his lap, red eyes staring back up at him intently. "Yeah, Chibi, I'm fine."

Chibimon didn't look like he accepted the answer but let it slide. Instead he just burrowed deeper in the boys arms. "I'll always protect you, Daisuke-sama." He mumbled to himself as he once again fell asleep. Daisuke couldn't help but smile at the little Digimon.

*I know you'll protect me, Chibimon, but can you protect my heart?*


Loneliness, I feel loneliness in my room...


The Digimon Kaiser smiled as the monitors went dark. Behind him, Wormmon shivered. He knew that dark days were coming...


The End.