Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I Think I Could Fall for You ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Digimon 02 belongs to Bandai and Toei. This fanfic plotline is mine.

_________________________________________________

Daisuke Motomiya huffed impatiently as he checked his wristwatch for what had to be the seventh time and so far Kari still hadn't shown up yet to meet the burgundy haired boy for their date.

'I'll wait five more minutes then I'm outta here,' Daisuke thought, checking his watch again. Earlier that week Daisuke had been very surprised when Kari agreed to go on a date with him since he'd managed to get his hands on a pair of tickets to a Sum 41 concert and he had been totally excited. This was his big chance and he wanted to impress Kari, and prove that he wasn't a jerk as she thought he was. He wore a pair of black denim jeans, one of favorite Sum 41 tee shirts and of course, his beloved goggles. With his two tickets tucked safely in one of his pockets and bouquet of lilacs hidden behind his back, Daisuke stood waiting for the girl of his dreams to arrive. And he'd been waiting for the past hour and if Kari didn't show up any time soon, they'd miss the concert.

After another hour crawled by, Daisuke had had enough. Feeling sour and a little hurt, Daisuke tossed the flowers into the nearest wastebasket and used his telephone card to make a call to the Yagami residence.

"Moshi moshi, Yagami residence. This is Tai."

"Hi, Tai, it's Daisuke," he said leaning against the phone booth.

"Hey, Dai, what's up?" the older teen asked.

"Not much. Is Kari there?" Daisuke asked.

"Naw, she left with TK about five minutes ago," Tai replied.

"NANI?!"

"Daisuke, that was my ear!" Tai cringed, wiggling a finger around to make sure he hadn't lost his hearing.

"S-She left with TK?"

"Um, yeah."

"I can't believe this! She stood me up! I don't fucking believe this! How could she?" Daisuke screamed.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down, Dai. What're you talking about?" Tai asked, his voice sounding concern.

Daisuke growled into the received but not directly at Tai and told the former digidestined leader about his supposed date with Kari.

"Well, um, maybe she forgot," Tai offered but his voice didn't sound convincing.

"Uh-huh, yeah right. Whatever," Daisuke replied.

Tai sighed, Daisuke sound thoroughly pissed and also hurt.

"Do you want me to take a message?" Tai offered.

'Yeah. Kari, up yours you bitch! Thanks for nothing,' Daisuke thought. "Nope, nothing. Thanks anyway. Gomen kudasai."

"Bye," Tai hanged up the phone. 'That's very odd. I've never known Kari never to be absent minded before, especially when she has dates. Hang on, last time I checked, she and TK were steadily dating so why did she make a date with Daisuke? Did she and TK have a fight?' Tai headed into the kitchen for a drink and opening the fridge door, an idea popped into his mind. "No, she would never be that cruel. She wouldn't…purposely stand him up. Would she?"

_________________________________________________

Daisuke gave a relived sigh as the lady handed him a refund for the Sum 41 tickets he'd bought earlier that week.

'No sense on hanging on to these since I only bought them so Kari and I could go to that concert,' Daisuke thought, placing the bills into his wallet and tucked it safely into his pocket.

"Hi, Daisuke," greeted an all too familiar voice and a smile crept over the burgundy haired boy's features as his best friend Ken Ichijouji waved at him before crossing the street to join him. Ken was wearing his soccer uniform heading home from a late practice. Spotting Daisuke across the street, Ken smiled when he saw his best friend and secret love interest wearing a Sum 41 tee shirt.

"Heyya, Ken. Wha'cha up too? Anything special?" Daisuke asked, causally.

"Oh, just heading home from a soccer practice," Ken replied. "You?"

Daisuke looked away and shoved his hands into his pockets. "I got stood up by Kari."

"Come again?" Ken asked. 'Since when did you two start dating and is it too late for me to put a stop to it?'

"I bought a couple tickets for a Sum 41 concert that's being held tonight and I asked Kari if she wanted to come, which she said yes too and after I waited for almost two and a half hours for her to show, I found out from Tai that she's out with TK after making a call to her house," Daisuke replied.

"She stood you up!" Ken exclaimed. 'I can't believe she stood someone like Daisuke up! That bitch! She should be honored to be the object of Daisuke's affections, no matter how much I detest that fact. I can't believe it!'

'But now you have a better chance of having him all to yourself,' a little voice inside his voice pointed out.

'There is that. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, but still. To stand Daisuke up is still spiteful and mean,' Ken thought.

"I mean, if she wasn't serious about that date, she just could've told me. I'm that thick headed as she assumes that I am," Daisuke said. "Y'know, just come right out and say it. No needs to string me along like that."

"Look at it this way, Daisuke," Ken began, making the other boy look up at him, "At least you know now what kind of a girl she really is."

"Yeah. One that messes around with your feelings and doesn't care," Daisuke added.

"True, true. Among other things," Ken replied.

"Like what?" Daisuke asked.

"Well, now you'll be able to see that there are people around you who really care about you, Daisuke," Ken said.

Daisuke smiled a bit, "Yeah. Honest?"

Ken smiled, "For sure."

"Cool. Do I know any of them?" Daisuke asked, interested.

"I know of one person in particular who loves you very, very much and more then any thing," Ken replied, in a slightly soft tone.

"Yeah? Who?" Daisuke asked. 'If there's someone out there who cares for me as much as Ken says there is, then who needs Kari?'

"Me," Ken replied and leaned forward to press a kiss on Daisuke's lips.

As shocked as Daisuke was at that point with his best friend confessing his love for him, the heir of the goggles didn't pull away as Ken half expected him to, and gently kissed him back until Ken ended the kiss, delighted with the blush that tainted Daisuke's cheeks.

"I guess you want to be more then friends, huh?" Daisuke said in a hush tone. He licked his lips. "I've, um, never thought of you in that way before but… I think I could get to like it."

Smiling deeply, Ken took one of Daisuke's hands and brought it up to his lips. 'I know you're not in love with me yet, Daisuke but I can teach you too. I want nothing more in the world then for you to be happy.'

"How about we go out for a date?" Ken asked.

"Okay but you need to do one thing, Ken, before I go out with you tonight," Daisuke replied. "Please, go home and take a shower. You smell."

Ken smirked playfully. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah," Daisuke replied, moving out of the way when Ken attempted to grab him. He took a couple steps back before breaking into a run with Ken chasing him. 'I think I could easily fall for Ken. At least he's honest with his feelings and doesn't toy with other people's emotions.'

"Got'cha," Ken said, grabbing Daisuke's arm and pulled him into a hug.

"Ewww! You're getting your sweat all over my favorite shirt," Daisuke squirmed, halfheartedly.

"Guess you'll just have to wash it," Ken replied before planting a kiss on the back of Daisuke's neck. He smiled at the soft in take of breath it produced and kissed Daisuke in the same area, smiling when Daisuke stopped struggling and leaned into him.

"Y'know, I think I could fall for you," Daisuke admitted to Ken as they walked towards his apartment complex and up to his apartment. "I'm sure of it."

Ken smiled, feeling good inside as he led Daisuke down the hall. He paused outside the bathroom. "I'll only be a couple of minutes so why don't you wait for me in my room."

"Sure," Daisuke replied.

'Let's see…what should I do for our first date?' Ken thought.

_________________________________________________

Tai looked up from his textbook when he heard the front door open and headed out to the hall to see Kari removing her shoes.

"Hey, Kari, can I talk to you about something?" Tai asked.

"Sure," Kari replied, following him into his bedroom.

Tai sat at his desk while Kari took a seat in one of his beanbag chairs. "Kari, I got a phone call from Daisuke five minutes after you left with TK. He said that you were to meet him for a date."

"Oh, that," Kari shrugged. "Yeah, he asked me to go with him to a Sum 41 concert."

"So, why didn't you tell him that you already had a date with TK that very same evening as the concert?" Tai asked, not liking the sudden change of attitude he was receiving from his little sister.

"Um, hello, this is Daisuke we're talking about. Mister leaps-into-action-without-a-plan-unreasonable-thick-headed. I figured his ego needed to be taken down a few pegs so I said yes and stood him up. No bigger," Kari replied.

"And who the hell gave you the right?" Tai snapped, standing up. "How dare you fool around with another person's feelings? You ought to be ashamed of yourself because I'm ashamed of you, Kari! I can't believe you'd be that cruel to another human being."

"This is Daisuke, we're talking about, Tai! He's so thick headed that he probably won't figured any of this out!" Kari snapped back. "Besides, he deserved it-"

Hearing enough, Tai raised his hand and smacked his baby sister across the face. Cupping a hand over the red imprint, Kari looked at him with wide eyes.

"Unlike what you think, nobody deserves to have their feelings played with and Daisuke is a better person, and friend then you give him credit for, but I can see clearly now that you don't give him the benefit of a doubt. You don't deserve his friendship," Tai hissed. "And here all this time I think you were a nice person, Kari."

"Y-You struck me!" Kari gasped.

"And he had every right in doing so," came a voice from the doorway. Standing there with her arms crossed was Mrs. Yagami. "I heard everything. Kari, I think it's time you and I had a very long talk."

Grabbing her arm, Mrs. Yagami led Kari into the next room.

"God, I hope Daisuke's alright," Tai said.

_________________________________________________

"Mmmm, that's really good, Ken."

"I knew you'd like it, Daisuke."

"Let's be sure to do this more often. I can't begin to explain how incredible this feels," Daisuke sighed.

"I've done this numerous of times but it's even better now that I have you to share it with," Ken replied, holding Daisuke's hand, entwining their fingers together as they walked bare foot along a beach with an ice cream cone in their other hands.

"I mean that sunset was just gorgeous," Daisuke continued.

"Not as gorgeous as you," Ken said, planting a kiss on Daisuke's cheek.

"Hmmmm, sweet talker," Daisuke smiled, resting his head on Ken's shoulder.

End